Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Publicised party guest list or not?

Jump to newest

By *hic Events OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Just gathering peoples thoughts on guests lists for events.

Do you like to see a guest list published?

Thank you in advance for input!

Mrs D x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hic Events OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Just realised I may of put this in the wrong catorgey - sorry Mods x

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"Just gathering peoples thoughts on guests lists for events.

Mrs D x"

Absolutely yes. If people don’t want to publicise their attendance then they can send a PM.

Without exception every so called “event” that we have been to that had lots of noise and traffic on here but did not have a visible guest list turned out to be a “non event”

Contrarily, publicised guest lists turned out to be a fairly accurate reflection on the night.

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

Mrs D x

Absolutely yes. If people don’t want to publicise their attendance then they can send a PM.

Without exception every so called “event” that we have been to that had lots of noise and traffic on here but did not have a visible guest list turned out to be a “non event”

Contrarily, publicised guest lists turned out to be a fairly accurate reflection on the night."

I find it the opposite. My guest list doesnt get published and the event is always busier than what the guest list presents. I always over estimate the guest list due to the non attendees and if people want to let people know they're coming they can post in the forum. I saw a guestlist that was really long and so many people said they hadn't even said they were attending but had been put on it. I dont believe there's any benefit from it.

By *hatterley64Couple
over a year ago

Hertford

Mrs D x"

We do as we like a chance to chat to people who may be there beforehand

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

We don't publish a guestlist for our annual event, stops all the "well, if they are going, we aint" and so on.

We don't mind if people announce they are going, so if people then want to chat before meeting at the event they can do.

Some prefer not to be on lists.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We never published a guest list when we ran our event and we always packed out, the reality is ANY guest list is a work of fiction, some say they will attend and have no intention of going, some are no shows, some would look through a list and go “god they are going” and decide not to go, some people will come last minute

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

"We never published a guest list when we ran our event and we always packed out, the reality is ANY guest list is a work of fiction, some say they will attend and have no intention of going, some are no shows, some would look through a list and go “god they are going” and decide not to go, some people will come last minute"

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I always post a list - one usually about halfway between posting & the event date, and another list a couple of days before the event.

And yes, people add on or cancel over time, but very few cancellations late on so the last list is usually pretty accurate

And it allows people to chat before the event, make friends, agree to play or just have a friendly face if it’s their first event!

By *ougarsandcubsWoman
over a year ago

Medway

[Removed by poster at 09/10/18 20:44:40]

By *ougarsandcubsWoman
over a year ago

Medway

I ve found in past guests list can work against you whether an event private party or social.

People may wish to avoid people on the list who then in turn do not show up anyway, so you loose all ways.

On the turn sometimes certain people can me crowd pullers..

Swingers and roundabouts x

over a year ago

"We don't publish a guestlist for our annual event, stops all the "well, if they are going, we aint" and so on.

We don't mind if people announce they are going, so if people then want to chat before meeting at the event they can do.

Some prefer not to be on lists."

yes another site i use to be on years ago you had no list and you always had people turning up who were banned etc and it just meant people left early or got pissed off with it.

i left one event very early when i seen someone come through the doors i couldnt stand the sight of.

By *rHornyGentMan
over a year ago

South East London

"Swingers and roundabouts x"

Loooool

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Lea Marston

Mrs D x

We do as we like a chance to chat to people who may be there beforehand"

Same for me!

over a year ago

We never publicise our guestlist for our ticket only events and we have over 100 people attend each party.

We have only ever had a max of 6 no-shows across the 7 parties we have held over the last 3 years!

over a year ago

On another site we use you can search organised events then click on the I'm going or maybe going tab.

This then shows on your profile that you are either attending or maybe attending the event.

If you then went to the event's page, find an event and clicked on the people going or maybe going tabs it lists everyone who's responded. if you then click on any name it takes you straight to their profile

Could something similar to this work on fab for organised events if you had an option to opt in or out the any published list

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Yes, I like to get a feel for the people who are also going. Give me/us an idea before hand of the people we may like to meet there.

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Some interesting points of view. Some extra things to bear in mind...

Someone I know published his guest list and it was immediately targeted by a couple who messaged everyone on the list with invitations to a "proper party run by a couple, not some scummy single guy".

If your list says xyz is going and someone looks forward to meeting them, and they don't show up...who gets the blame for putting out "fake news"?

What if your party has a high proportion of people who aren't on Fab?

Finally, and possibly most importantly, confidentiality. What gives me the right to tell the world that x y and z will be going to a sex party at wherever on a certain day. If THEY want to tell the world then let them. I don't think it's my business to do so. The vast majority of guests I've hosted in the past have told me that they would prefer that their "alt. life" is kept quiet.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I haven't read all the other comments...sorry!

We publicise the list for certain events and ensure that the final list is accurate by asking everyone to confirm their place 24-48 hours before the event otherwise they get removed.

We have stopped publicist lists for certain events now as we've found that other clubs have 'mined' our guestlists and heavily promoted to our guests which is hugely irritating for them and unwelcome

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

*publicised*

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

We have stopped publicist lists for certain events now as we've found that other clubs have 'mined' our guestlists and heavily promoted to our guests which is hugely irritating for them and unwelcome "

And by other means too . . .

This . . .

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"

We have stopped publicist lists for certain events now as we've found that other clubs have 'mined' our guestlists and heavily promoted to our guests which is hugely irritating for them and unwelcome

And by other means too . . .

This . . . "

By any means possible for the more desperate people!!! Hahaha

over a year ago

We don’t and won’t.

Its never going to be accurate.

I believe its a purely promotional list and could end up being a who’s who and who’s going, seems to promote elitism in a funny sort or way.

If people want others to know they are going why not post on the forums or status updates?

I do appreciate some people need to promote their event and try and build up a frenzy but I dont think it’s necessary really.

Isnt half the fun meeting the unknown person or couple ? and unless everyone wears name badges you still dont know.

over a year ago

Mrs D x"

Hey guys I've done both ..but honestly I don't bother now as it actually causes more stress and swapping and changes etc..if people want to see who's coming then they can scroll up through the threads

over a year ago

Plus it's isn't it half the fun of just turning up and seeing who is there for your selves?

over a year ago

"I haven't read all the other comments...sorry!

We publicise the list for certain events and ensure that the final list is accurate by asking everyone to confirm their place 24-48 hours before the event otherwise they get removed.

We have stopped publicist lists for certain events now as we've found that other clubs have 'mined' our guestlists and heavily promoted to our guests which is hugely irritating for them and unwelcome "

This was another reason for not publicising the guest list another local club would have mined the list, fact is they did it by contacting people who had left reviews!

By *rent Bridge SwingersCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

We don't have public guest lists - just ticketed events for party nights etc. Member confidentiality is an important factor, plus we are a private members club so a 'guest list' doesn't exist for us - just members only.

By *he PlaygroundsCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

"I haven't read all the other comments...sorry!

We agree with this as we have found the same has happened to us x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's not essential Imo and events where I've known haven't been better than where I've not. I'm open to developing friendships beforehand but also see that there are negatives for attendees and hosts. I think it's fine to trust hosts abilities and also be sensitive to people who maybe have been stalked or just prefer to not Attract others there because they have said they are going. Showing guest totals and ratios is fine.

over a year ago

"It's not essential Imo and events where I've known haven't been better than where I've not. I'm open to developing friendships beforehand but also see that there are negatives for attendees and hosts. I think it's fine to trust hosts abilities and also be sensitive to people who maybe have been stalked or just prefer to not Attract others there because they have said they are going. Showing guest totals and ratios is fine. "

By *inderellaRockerfellazCouple
over a year ago

warrington

Cupids use the forum threads for people to request addition to parties or events.

People may also pm the club discretely to be added & by request, not shown on a thread as attending. Whatever / whichever makes people comfortable.

Yes we get no shows & “can’t make it sorry”. Real life things happen - work, sitters, bad weather but for the most part those that use the threads, do turn up or let us know in advance.

Publishing a guest list can be accidentally misleading, for the above reasons - the club can’t control work commitments, sitters nor the weather etc (sadly). Also people change their minds about where they are going at the last minute, which fair enough as another club or venue may appeal more on any given day:night.

“To guest list or not to guest list”? A conundrum.

But I love the “swingers & roundabouts” line further up lol x

By *inderellaRockerfellazCouple
over a year ago

warrington

Mrs D x

Hey guys I've done both ..but honestly I don't bother now as it actually causes more stress and swapping and changes etc..if people want to see who's coming then they can scroll up through the threads "

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

Op this quote springs to mind “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't …” … please all the people all of the time”

What ever you do someone will not be happy .

By *rHornyGentMan
over a year ago

South East London

The club I visit never lists its guests.

It’s more fun finding out who’s there when you walk in

Post new Message to Thread