Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Never Been to A Club

Jump to newest

By *ily Con Carne OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I've never been to a club\event as I've always been somewhat of a non scene sort of person preferring to keep myself to myself for the most part ....but I read lots of the threads regarding them and it seems that they can be fun.

I'm at the stage now whereby I'm thinking that maybe I would like to go to one.My issue is that I would prefer to attend with someone rather than just turn up on my own, and I'm not sure of anything "nice" in my area anyway....( PL11 )

If anyone would like to accompany me I am happy to pay the entry fees and travel costs (I no longer drive myself)

Lily

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've never been to a club\event as I've always been somewhat of a non scene sort of person preferring to keep myself to myself for the most part ....but I read lots of the threads regarding them and it seems that they can be fun.

I'm at the stage now whereby I'm thinking that maybe I would like to go to one.My issue is that I would prefer to attend with someone rather than just turn up on my own, and I'm not sure of anything "nice" in my area anyway....( PL11 )

If anyone would like to accompany me I am happy to pay the entry fees and travel costs (I no longer drive myself)

Lily "

In my experience it is a far more pleasant experience to go with someone else, particularly for your first time at a club. You can then look around together and chat about what you think about the place etc, rather than just wandering about on your own. Unless you are one of the social butterflies who can launch into instant chat and friendship anywhere and any time.

over a year ago

Cornwall

"

In my experience it is a far more pleasant experience to go with someone else, particularly for your first time at a club. You can then look around together and chat about what you think about the place etc, rather than just wandering about on your own. Unless you are one of the social butterflies who can launch into instant chat and friendship anywhere and any time. "

I am a social butterfly and mix really well in my everyday life, I work pt in a cafe (well I say work ..I merely flounce around the tables having banter and a laugh with the customers ) but the club thing is going to be somewhat alien to me and as I mentioned in another thread I am not "au fait" with the etiquette of these events so would much prefer to attend with someone who "knows the ropes" as it were, no pun intended...

over a year ago

Just go and be yourself. I did it last week and was made to feel really welcome. Start on the social side with banter and general conversation. If you meet someone to play with lay the boundaries beforehand.

over a year ago

Cornwall

Although I've noticed that there aren't any clubs near me anyway ... not that I've found anyway

over a year ago

Lilly if you wanted to travel to bristol to attend a club I can accommodate you, and go with you as a fellow newbie

Post new Message to Thread