FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Helpful advice about starting a new swingers club.

Jump to newest

By *idyman OP   Man
over a year ago

east markham

Hiya beautiful ppl... was looking for advice on what I need to do to start a swingers club up.

I have an excellent location at my disposal to use it’s got lots of parking and it’s in a discreet place. Many people have jokingly said to me that it would be the perfect venue for a club and iv kept it in the back of my head as an idea but I’m really clueless as what I would need to do to kick it off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you beautiful ppl

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

I guess the first stop is your local council for the various licences?

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

My best advice is don't do it! It will bleed you dry, will kill your swinging mojo and councils are becoming more and more strict.

If you have 150k plus at your disposal and the patience of a saint, then think about it long and hard. Theres6a very good reason why there aren't an abundance of clubs on every street corner!!! Lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hiya beautiful ppl... was looking for advice on what I need to do to start a swingers club up.

I have an excellent location at my disposal to use it’s got lots of parking and it’s in a discreet place. Many people have jokingly said to me that it would be the perfect venue for a club and iv kept it in the back of my head as an idea but I’m really clueless as what I would need to do to kick it off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you beautiful ppl "

Unless you have years of experience at at least 6-10 of the bigger clubs and a large 6 figure sum to invest on decor, etc. You will be throwing money away.

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

"My best advice is don't do it! It will bleed you dry, will kill your swinging mojo and councils are becoming more and more strict.

If you have 150k plus at your disposal and the patience of a saint, then think about it long and hard. Theres6a very good reason why there aren't an abundance of clubs on every street corner!!! Lol "

Here here ......you need more than 150k!!! Try double

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"My best advice is don't do it! It will bleed you dry, will kill your swinging mojo and councils are becoming more and more strict.

If you have 150k plus at your disposal and the patience of a saint, then think about it long and hard. Theres6a very good reason why there aren't an abundance of clubs on every street corner!!! Lol

Here here ......you need more than 150k!!! Try double"

Maybe in the South!! Lol Here up north, it's not quite so expensive. We managed it fine

over a year ago

With the greatest of respect- if you’ve got to ask how to do it’ll never happen and you’ll waste your money.

Start by asking your local council about planning permission and licenses, once you’ve paid out £3-400 per application ( well not sure but in my line of work it is) it’ll start hitting home.

Alternatively run a night at an existing club, you’ll know what you’re up against then without massive risk.

Sorry to sound negative but got to be honest

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

It's easy to make a small fortune running a swingers club.

You just need to start with a large fortune.

By *idyman OP   Man
over a year ago

east markham

Wow.... well firstly the point about the various council licenses was a major part of my question and I thought this place mighnt have someone who mighnt know that answer,

I have already bought the premises and the part of the building I’m thinking of doing this is on a lower level (underground) and it used to be a private club anyway and it was for private party’s? So it already has the infrastructure there with fire exits etc

As for the decor I personally think it could be changed to suit the genre for 10-20k? As it’s already in a good state to begin with.

It has real potential for something of this nature I’d say. It would hold about 50-75 people?

Maybe brothel or sex dungeon could also work.

I was abit shocked by the negativit’s to be fair ppl but I really appreciate all your feedback.

Thanks

over a year ago

Not negativity per say- but can’t lie I’ve got the scar tissue to prove it - been there in a different business and you’ve got to have a realistic view of your cashflow-

It can take years to build a solid customer base and if it dries up your bollocksed. People are fickle creatures.

Staff, tax, VAT, overheads, first aid, accountancy, ongoing training, calibration, maintenance, equipment failures, consumables... you need to know this inside out before we get onto competition.

Eg councils have the ability to impose an instant fine of up to £5000 if we don’t have a specific paper trail on surprise inspection - luckily I had all of it back a decade but it can take your legs out from you- if it’s your name on the paperwork it’s coming your way.

What I’d say is start at what you want in 5 years time- and work backwards. Have a specific vision and stay on it.

Look at just the NW clubs, it’s easily near saturation so you have to be totally different. Think Apple, they don’t follow the crowd they invent a whole new concept every time at huge cost.

I actually used to instruct and mentor people and always encourage people onwards and upwards- but on this i urge caution.

If you have the building and space a kids’ activity centre would probably pay far more into your pocket.

By *idyman OP   Man
over a year ago

east markham

Thank you tigerstripe your advice is valued very much, I have a different business I am doing with 3/4 of the premises that I’m a professional at... it’s just this lower level premises I’m trying to come up with an idea for... and with so many ppl saying it as a joke I thought I’d try and see what I would need to do

Thanks again everyone... much love

By *ait88Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 02/09/18 20:42:59]

By *etishswingersCouple
over a year ago

Cambs / Essex

If you have 150k plus at your disposal and the patience of a saint, then think about it long and hard. Theres6a very good reason why there aren't an abundance of clubs on every street corner!!! Lol "

Well said Town house on the Wirrall. love to you both.

We would fully agree with what the Townhouse advise and especially now even in London Boroughs....

You only have to look at Erotica show which was only ONCE a year in LOndon when granted first cool Fabulous, then when Westminster got wise no nudity restriction applied then more n more and whats left noq in London regarding an Erotica event even, Not just a yearly Erotcia?

They even try at Excell at Becton/City Airport oh then we had Sexpo give it a go but big thing is Licences n you need an nudity licence etc thats the crunch in our opinion n tall fence to over come now days.

The digital bill and trying to dictate to what people choose to view etc is another bad thing too and to keep a very close eye on.

So, we wish you good luck and we be happy to support if you succeed and wished us to host a fetish night lol Lots of love the Fetish Swingers Team xx

over a year ago

You need to have a great concept to get people involved.

I remember when Starkers started in bethnal green. About 50 or so packed into the back of a pub.

But it grew, because of the following.

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I'm not being negative, just realistic and giving you a perspective from an experienced club owner.

Seriously, people think that clubs are goldmines and they're really not. Our laundry bill alone can amount to £800 per month! People don't think of stuff like that, they just think of the entry fees and see a pot of gold. Our licences per year are amounting to around £3000 now and the very high standards we have to meet to have the licences granted each year are becoming harder to achieve.

You also need to be shrewd. Asking people advice on here about how to run a club doesn't look good and you'll get loads of know it alls piping up who are very good at spending your money when there is zero risk to them. Keep your cards close to your chest, do extensive homework on the set up costs and more importantly the running costs and think carefully about how you're going to get people in and keep them coming. I shit you not, running a club is not for the faint hearted and it's a Labour of love; it's not your retirement plan. If someone told me then, what I know now, I wouldn't have entered into this game. Now that we're years in and we're established, it's our passion and we love it, but that's 2 of us working 80-100 hours per week each!

If you do it, I wish you all the luck in the world as you'll need it in abundance. You say you run other businesses? Then you really should know the answer to your own questions already. Anybody running a business in a highly competitive field knows that you're on your own. Nobody in their right mind is going to hand you an 'Idiot's Guide to Running a Swingers Club', so you won't get any straight answers by posting for help here from any established clubs I'm afraid. But my advice is honest and comes from a good place.... run for the hills!!!!! Lol

Vicky xxx

By *inktasticUKTV/TS
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

im looking to host a new Swingers party.

You dont need a swish club to do this. Just a big enough place with its own parking (otherwise its the parking thatll be the downfall as it annoys neighbours etc)

Private swinger parties happen all the time on a small scale.

Im looking to host parties of say 60 people. Invite only, so they are private parties.

I have the place, but no contacts as yet !

Mary

By *inktasticUKTV/TS
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

Nicely said. I know as Im Hostess at The Convent. Its is hard work even doing my private parties. And theres def no money in it !

Mary

over a year ago

"I'm not being negative, just realistic and giving you a perspective from an experienced club owner.

Seriously, people think that clubs are goldmines and they're really not. Our laundry bill alone can amount to £800 per month! People don't think of stuff like that, they just think of the entry fees and see a pot of gold. Our licences per year are amounting to around £3000 now and the very high standards we have to meet to have the licences granted each year are becoming harder to achieve.

You also need to be shrewd. Asking people advice on here about how to run a club doesn't look good and you'll get loads of know it alls piping up who are very good at spending your money when there is zero risk to them. Keep your cards close to your chest, do extensive homework on the set up costs and more importantly the running costs and think carefully about how you're going to get people in and keep them coming. I shit you not, running a club is not for the faint hearted and it's a Labour of love; it's not your retirement plan. If someone told me then, what I know now, I wouldn't have entered into this game. Now that we're years in and we're established, it's our passion and we love it, but that's 2 of us working 80-100 hours per week each!

If you do it, I wish you all the luck in the world as you'll need it in abundance. You say you run other businesses? Then you really should know the answer to your own questions already. Anybody running a business in a highly competitive field knows that you're on your own. Nobody in their right mind is going to hand you an 'Idiot's Guide to Running a Swingers Club', so you won't get any straight answers by posting for help here from any established clubs I'm afraid. But my advice is honest and comes from a good place.... run for the hills!!!!! Lol

Vicky xxx"

a 120 hours is five complete 24 hour days no sleep? Really you must love it

over a year ago

More to do with financial commitment/investment when a business grows, and sometimes you're just working for the man.

over a year ago

80-100 isn't 120,lol, still a huge amoint but quite doable.

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"I'm not being negative, just realistic and giving you a perspective from an experienced club owner.

Vicky xxxa 120 hours is five complete 24 hour days no sleep? Really you must love it "

Read that again! lol

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Maybe visit club sshhh and purple mamba and other newly opened clubs and have a chat with those running it. In fact, do a tour of clubs and see what works well.

Please don't mention the word brothel. It's a very different thing to a swingers club, or fetish club.

As others have said, it is not an easy business and there is not lots of profit to me made.

By *idyman OP   Man
over a year ago

east markham

I think I’ll start one up on the sly now sounds cheaper and keeps it nawty lol

By *ait88Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

Failing to comply with Fire regs. and Health & Safety regs could be expensive, especially if people get injured. Your public liability insurance will be invalid.

over a year ago

Have you ever been to one?

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

"I think I’ll start one up on the sly now sounds cheaper and keeps it nawty lol"

You won't last a week and quite rightly so.

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Failing to comply with Fire regs. and Health & Safety regs could be expensive, especially if people get injured. Your public liability insurance will be invalid."

Not to mention no record of who is on there, no regulation of attendees, so safety goes out of the window.

Naughty is one thing, dangerous & unsafe is quite another!

Post new Message to Thread