Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Assertiveness vs Pushy

Jump to newest

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

As a single guy, I tend to air on the side of cautious when in a club. So I will not be touchy feely; I will try and make sure I don’t invade peoples space.

Now I have seen other single men who to me seam pushy, touch women, flirt and engage a lot more than I would say that is just being assertive.

I do try to chat to people but I always wait for the couple to touch me first as I feel the at that point I am not invading personal space. It then takes me ages whilst chatting to ask if they what to play.

That probably makes me sound like I am shy or nervous but I am not, I just like to take things a bit more slowly. What do people think? Do you prefer people to chat nad be assertive within. A few mins or wait till the time is right

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inkycatWoman
over a year ago

High Wycombe

As a couple who play in clubs, we have a lot more respect for guys like you who aren’t too pushy. You would be much more likely to be invited to join us than someone who touched me (C) without being asked. I hate to be touched without showing some consideration to me and N. I have the ultimate say in what happens and manners and respect count for everything, at least where we are concerned.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread