Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

S Private Club Slough

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Evening folks, as it's quite common knowledge now the club in Slough is now closed, I've spoken to the owner Sam tonight at length and he has explained fully their reasons for closing. The intention ofvthis thread is to gauge members appetite to have it re open, would couples support it ? Sam had the place rocking I believe, can we get it back to that ? All input gratefully received.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

We have attended there a few times when the Playgrounds were hosting the swingles parties there good facility's and a great bunch of friendly people .

Sam and his Mrs are also super friendly shame they have decided to close

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A new venue is only option slough is not Right Reading would be good but lot of resurch and Planning needs to go into a new venture as such a small market still for these kind of places but I wish them luck as good friends. Daytimes was Dead when it was a Spa.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

But the venue is still there and available pretty much straight away to spark up to what it was, Sam has not pulled out for financial reasons, it was going ok and can again if supported.

By *roupPlayCouple
over a year ago

Near LHR

The owners made the club work but the layout was far from ideal.

The stench of smoke throughout the club was enough for us not to return.

If they find a new venue (in Slough is fine but ideally somewhere less prominent) then we'd be there in a flash.

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

"The owners made the club work but the layout was far from ideal.

The stench of smoke throughout the club was enough for us not to return.

If they find a new venue (in Slough is fine but ideally somewhere less prominent) then we'd be there in a flash."

Yes I agree I don't smoke and it really put me off

By *aptain VMan
over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

Can some one explain why they have closed. I can't seem to get a answer from anyone

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/06/17 07:19:46]

over a year ago

Thay can do much better than that place needs new one would need much bigger nicer lounge area and the floor was so slipper give them time and shore a new place can be found a lot better slough is not Right

over a year ago

We have been visiting the venue in Slough almost ever since it opened and will continue visiting as long as it was less than a 45 minute drive from us, which this venue was

- Mrs. J -

By *ogamuffinMan
over a year ago

slough

Yeah I'm up for supporting it. Will be moving to Berkshire soon enough. So local venues will be good.

By *he PlaygroundsCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

"Evening folks, as it's quite common knowledge now the club in Slough is now closed, I've spoken to the owner Sam tonight at length and he has explained fully their reasons for closing. The intention ofvthis thread is to gauge members appetite to have it re open, would couples support it ? Sam had the place rocking I believe, can we get it back to that ? All input gratefully received."

As you may, or may not know The Playgrounds held two parties a month at the venue. We cannot stress more what a pleasure it was to work with Annie & Sam when we hosted our parties. But the venue was not right. Feedback we received from our guests was lack of a comfortable social area, lack of a suitable dance area, tiled floors did not help ladies in heels and also made rooms less inviting. The smoking area was too confined, yet proved to be the most popular social area, add that to a high street location many guests felt uneasy walking down a high street. Their where additional issues that are not worth mentioning here, but The Playgrounds and it's followers will do all we can to support Annie & Sam in any future ventures .

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

[Removed by poster at 29/06/17 19:25:17]

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

We had planned to go and just missed out on the last night. Defo interested in a club between Newbury and Slough!

By *ip73Man
over a year ago

Stanwell

I hope they find a new place. I only went a few times but enjoyed the place, Sam and Annie were very welcoming. Hope the new place has good transport links and that they hold their Bi night on a weekend I would be happy with that.

over a year ago

We would support them if they returned to the same club but agree with some of the other comments. The social area was too small but do know they had plans to remove some walls and open it up. Which would give them more space for a dance floor etc.

S x

By *ishopstippleMan
over a year ago

Purley

I too can confirm Sam and Annie ran a great club. OK the venue they had did have its disadvantages but the ethos they created was a great one. As a single guy I respected their non-tolerance of disrespect, in-fact it was very reassuring, given the grief us respectful single guys can get.

I will support their future venture.

They also gave the non-smokers: a quite (easy area for chatting without loud music) and the main venue didn't stink of smoke in any way. The smoking area was a open roof lean-to, out side of the main building, but was always a socialable place where multiple chats and banter and discussions took place. However those who disapprove of us social lepers, maybe should set up their own club, where the like of us are not permitted, I wont be applying for membership. They will then see how much hard work and money it actually requires.

Sam and Annie I wait your new club and wish them every success.

By *ozartCouple
over a year ago

newbury

We liked this club , only went once , but does need bigger social area

Keen to see them try again or open a new

By *ust ChrisMan
over a year ago

London

Are there any news about Annie and Sam’s new club? Such a great and fun hosts.

By *ishopstippleMan
over a year ago

Purley

I spoke with Sam and Annie at some length last week. They haven't given up, but are still looking for "the right venue". They really want a good wet area with a pool.

over a year ago

"I spoke with Sam and Annie at some length last week. They haven't given up, but are still looking for "the right venue". They really want a good wet area with a pool."

We loved this little club and had many a good night there. Really hope they find a venue soon..

Post new Message to Thread