Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Chams carpark now pay and display

Jump to newest

By *adysilk OP   Couple
over a year ago

birmingham

Carpark is now pay and display you need five pound coins for machine . you need to display top of ticket in your car and tear off bottom of ticket take with you into club and give it to them and they give you four pounds back not too bad and we got on carpark easy if you don't display your ticket you will be fined

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Oooh good reminder! Am going this weekend!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thanks for the heads up

over a year ago

thanks guys xx

over a year ago

Oh thanks for letting us know. we'll be heading there this Friday. Xx

over a year ago

We tend to park in a nearby street cus the carpark used to be full. Hopefully this will make parking easier

over a year ago

"Carpark is now pay and display you need five pound coins for machine . you need to display top of ticket in your car and tear off bottom of ticket take with you into club and give it to them and they give you four pounds back not too bad and we got on carpark easy if you don't display your ticket you will be fined"

How long is this £5 fee for? When we go we always stay overnight.

over a year ago

Is this Darlaston? I'm heading there for the first time on Sat so good to know.

By *ffanotdykeCouple
over a year ago

Telford

Is the carpark publically or privately owned. If it is publically owned I cant see the council allowing Chams to offer discounts (ie. money back).

Is this an additional income stream by Chams?

I don't have a problem with the charge but would have preferred Chams to be more honest.

over a year ago

"Is the carpark publically or privately owned. If it is publically owned I cant see the council allowing Chams to offer discounts (ie. money back).

I don't have a problem with the charge but would have preferred Chams to be more honest."

It's now privately owned. More honest how do you mean??

over a year ago

"Is this Darlaston? I'm heading there for the first time on Sat so good to know."
are you going as a couple because single men are only allowed in till 7.30 pm xx

over a year ago

Glad you posted this heading there today .

over a year ago

"Is this Darlaston? I'm heading there for the first time on Sat so good to know. are you going as a couple because single men are only allowed in till 7.30 pm xx"

My lady friend is taking me

over a year ago

"Is this Darlaston? I'm heading there for the first time on Sat so good to know. are you going as a couple because single men are only allowed in till 7.30 pm xx

My lady friend is taking me "

ahhh ok just thought id check didn't want you to have a wasted journey have a great evening xx

over a year ago

They've had it displayed for months that it will be pay and display so think they've been honest and not hidden anything

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"Is the carpark publically or privately owned. If it is publically owned I cant see the council allowing Chams to offer discounts (ie. money back).

I don't have a problem with the charge but would have preferred Chams to be more honest."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the car park is now taken over by Chams. I think I saw some signs up in the club.

over a year ago

We visited on Saturday, and the lovely lady on reception helped us regarding the new parking regulations,as we were staying and parking overnight.

We paid 5 pounds which was then refunded by chams,when we tore off the bottom of the receipt and left the main receipt in our car window.

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Is the carpark publically or privately owned. If it is publically owned I cant see the council allowing Chams to offer discounts (ie. money back)."

Tbf IF this was the case (which it's not) it's has nothing to do with the council who Chams gives money (refunds) to. That would be like someone telling you that you can't give money to charity or a homeless person. (Exaggerated example I know but just to make a point that people can do what they want with their own income)

By *ishopstippleMan
over a year ago

Purley

What times do they charge for? ie Daytime or is it a 24 hour thing.

How long is the parking ticket valid for?

over a year ago

Chams own the car park and to be fair paying 5 quid for a ticket and being refunded 4 quid carnt see the problem.Chams have had signs up in club for ages about

By *arry On ShaggingCouple
over a year ago

Betley

I can only see this as positive as it'll stop the shoppers & shop workers taking up the club's car park cos the parking was free.

I'd personally prefer to pay £1 & be pretty much guaranteed a space on a Saturday afternoon

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Chams own the car park and to be fair paying 5 quid for a ticket and being refunded 4 quid carnt see the problem.Chams have had signs up in club for ages about

I can only see this as positive as it'll stop the shoppers & shop workers taking up the club's car park cos the parking was free.

I'd personally prefer to pay £1 & be pretty much guaranteed a space on a Saturday afternoon"

Absolutely!! Seconded here

By *adysilk OP   Couple
over a year ago

birmingham

Nick owns the carpark now owner of chams

over a year ago

Paying a fiver to get £4 back knowing your car is safe on a patrolled and organised car park is great value.

over a year ago

Thanks for the heads up, going Saturday so will make sure we have the correct coinage x

over a year ago

"Paying a fiver to get £4 back knowing your car is safe on a patrolled and organised car park is great value.

"

Seems like a pound well spent to me!

over a year ago

evesham

How exactly have they not been honest?!

over a year ago

The phrase 'pay and display' always makes me smile. I must have a dirty mind!

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Question is though is it the NEW £1 coin or the old £1 coin ??

By *ishopstippleMan
over a year ago

Purley

"Chams own the car park and to be fair paying 5 quid for a ticket and being refunded 4 quid carnt see the problem.Chams have had signs up in club for ages about

I'd personally prefer to pay £1 & be pretty much guaranteed a space on a Saturday afternoon

Absolutely!! Seconded here "

Sounds fair to me.

over a year ago

I think its brilliant but what if you have money but no £5 coin?

Would it be a bad suggestion for Chams to have some coins at reception to break up larger currency.?

over a year ago

"I think its brilliant but what if you have money but no £5 coin?

Would it be a bad suggestion for Chams to have some coins at reception to break up larger currency.?"

They gave us change for a fiver.

over a year ago

evesham

Would it be a bad suggestion for Chams to have some coins at reception to break up larger currency.?"

What do you do at any other pat and display machine when you don't have the right money?!

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

Would it be a bad suggestion for Chams to have some coins at reception to break up larger currency.?

What do you do at any other pat and display machine when you don't have the right money?! "

Hey! People can't be expected to think about sex AND organise their lives simultaneously!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"The phrase 'pay and display' always makes me smile. I must have a dirty mind!"

Queue a Spike Milligan or Monty Python type comedy sketch!

By *adysilk OP   Couple
over a year ago

birmingham

"Question is though is it the NEW £1 coin or the old £1 coin ??

"

don't know we used old coins ask at chams about what's going to happen with the new pound coins when we go again

Post new Message to Thread