Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Recognising people for the first time

Jump to newest

By *ffanotdyke OP   Couple
over a year ago

Salop

We had arranged last night to meet two couples we had been chatting to online at our favourite club.

Not having met them before we were relying on our memory of their profile pics. In our case not a reliable method. This did not work, as even though the club was not busy we managed to miss them. We did wonder if the club could may be provide coloured wrist bands in order that strangers could recognise each other with perhaps some sort of anonymous "signing in with profile names" at the reception desk. We know we could buy our own wrist bands but if the scheme became common duplication of colours might be a problem. The club could ensure no duplication of colours. A small deposit could help to stop the bands going missing.

G&A

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We had arranged last night to meet two couples we had been chatting to online at our favourite club.

Not having met them before we were relying on our memory of their profile pics. In our case not a reliable method. This did not work, as even though the club was not busy we managed to miss them. We did wonder if the club could may be provide coloured wrist bands in order that strangers could recognise each other with perhaps some sort of anonymous "signing in with profile names" at the reception desk. We know we could buy our own wrist bands but if the scheme became common duplication of colours might be a problem. The club could ensure no duplication of colours. A small deposit could help to stop the bands going missing.

G&A

"

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I have a facial recognition issue so sending me face pics doesn't help so this would be good for me

over a year ago

Didn't you exchange phone numbers, discuss what they might be wearing (or not wearing) or meet at a designated spot?

over a year ago

"I have a facial recognition issue so sending me face pics doesn't help so this would be good for me "
me too. I rely on Lee as he is great at recognising people.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

"I have a facial recognition issue so sending me face pics doesn't help so this would be good for me me too. I rely on Lee as he is great at recognising people. "

I sometimes show my friends the pics but if I'm alone it's a nightmare! I once showed my friends a pic of a girl and they told me I'd already met her. Still didn't recognise her when she came over

over a year ago

"I have a facial recognition issue so sending me face pics doesn't help so this would be good for me me too. I rely on Lee as he is great at recognising people.

I sometimes show my friends the pics but if I'm alone it's a nightmare! I once showed my friends a pic of a girl and they told me I'd already met her. Still didn't recognise her when she came over "

hahaha that is so me.

I asked lee who a guy was and apparently Id played with him a few times the most recent being the week previous

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

"I have a facial recognition issue so sending me face pics doesn't help so this would be good for me me too. I rely on Lee as he is great at recognising people.

I sometimes show my friends the pics but if I'm alone it's a nightmare! I once showed my friends a pic of a girl and they told me I'd already met her. Still didn't recognise her when she came over hahaha that is so me.

I asked lee who a guy was and apparently Id played with him a few times the most recent being the week previous "

Haha soooo glad it's not just me!! I once said to my ex that a man was talking to me like I knew him and asked if I knew him. The answer was I'd fucked him the week before. Oops

By *uietlyBohemianCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Oh we've had this happen... we usually try to keep a face pic (as we've always exchanged before meeting ) on a phone before going in, but even then sometimes we don't recognise people in the club who we're looking out for. Not everyone looks the same as their pictures, so we try to rely on being identifiable.

We've had a couple of 'we were there but you completely blanked us!' messages in the past which is really embarrassing. Another of the problems of being introverts - any normal person would have spoken to everyone in the club and realised a lot sooner

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I sometimes show my friends the pics but if I'm alone it's a nightmare! I once showed my friends a pic of a girl and they told me I'd already met her. Still didn't recognise her when she came over hahaha that is so me.

I asked lee who a guy was and apparently Id played with him a few times the most recent being the week previous "

Don't.

I've done that, been chatting with a guy and hubby has come over later and said I thought you would have played with him again. Again? I've never met him before.... apparently I had a couple of months before

Sooo good to know it isn't just me that does this.

By *isty286Couple
over a year ago

Dorset

Coloured band idea ...you could just use a ladies hair band round your wrist whatever colour you agree on, (that way you could easily remove it if they come in and they were real swamp donkeys..lol)

over a year ago

I sometimes show my friends the pics but if I'm alone it's a nightmare! I once showed my friends a pic of a girl and they told me I'd already met her. Still didn't recognise her when she came over "

I'm terrible with faces! Mr always has to tell me who we've spoke to before on here as I never recognise people. Can be a nightmare

By *idan31Man
over a year ago

ashby

Oh we've met before...... I'm sorry, I didn't recognise you with your clothes on ...

over a year ago

We usually just discuss what we will be wearing or set a designated time and place to meet, i.e. the corner of the bar at 9pm

Px

over a year ago

I feel a lot better now knowing I'm not the only one. The amount of times I've walked past people we've arranged to meet in a club and the mrs as said I'm sure it's them there. Then the walk of shame to ask if they are the people you've been talking to. Luckily everyone so far as been good humoured about lol

By *iggles and BeardyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

We're ment to meet a couple at a social once, but there were over 100 people. They even texted us that they were on the stage.. It's surprisingly hard to recognise people when they are dressed but you only saw naked body shots.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

I chatted to a bloke who often goes to kestrels the other week and explained I had a facial

Recognition issue. He had wondered why sometimes I talked to him and sometimes I blanked him. People often accuse me of being arrogant or rude but it's far more simple, I just have no clue I've met them before!

I saw him again today and as he now he knows my issue, he found it funny to see the hesitation on my face then my decision not to talk to him because I was unsure. He knows I'm not being rude now and will probably just take the piss every time I see him now. At least that'll help me know who he is more!

It's so embarrassing. Anyone know if there's anything that can help? And has anyone noticed it's often linked to people with very high sex drive?

By *it couple4funCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Maybe the failure to recognise a recent sex partner is down to the fact that they were not a very memorable fuck?!

By *exatooCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth/ Fuerteventura

This is me (Mrs) when I get "in the zone" face recognition goes out the window

By *ffanotdyke OP   Couple
over a year ago

Salop

The best bit about raising this issue has been finding out how many other people suffer the same problem.

Because we both work in frontline jobs in the public sector, where recognition wouldn't do a lot for career prospects we don't have public photos and really only will exchange them when we have met others and are at ease with them.

G is better at recognising faces than me but I am good at remembering voices. Which unfortunately is not a lot of good when meeting for the first time.

Next time we are at Chams (which could be next Tuesday) we might try out the wrist band idea. As its Nude Night the wrist bands should be easily spotted.

So if you spot two "wrinklies" sporting some very dodgy wrist ware come and say hello. Anything more than an introductory conversation is optional.

G&A

Post new Message to Thread