Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Abfabs tomorrow, 7th Dec

Jump to newest

By *imnHer71 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Hatfield

Hi Fellow Fabbers,

We need something between advice and reassurance and hopefully this will be the place to get it!

We're going to Abfabs tomorrow night for our first time. We're still very new to this and as such a little nervous naturally.

We advertised the meet, had lots of messages saying sorry not to be able to join us (none saying they will yet!), but one in particular has raised a concern, “watch out for the packs of single men” – later clarified, but still….

Although we’d prefer a couple to play with (or two!) we’re not adverse to mmf, but she is fussy as is her right. She’s a special lady whom I’m protective of, (not possessive of) but as this is our first time at this club and where single guys are permitted, we are understandably nervous about that comment.

So, I suppose just looking for your experience, your tactics for telling the pushy guys to bugger off, however so politely or not.

Now, for those who will be going and want to offer to meet us, even for just a chat until we relax down a bit (very welcome), could I ask that we keep that chat to direct messages, not on here please, just easier to manage!

Thanks all!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *bfabpartiesWoman
over a year ago

Near Heathrow

"Hi Fellow Fabbers,

We need something between advice and reassurance and hopefully this will be the place to get it!

We're going to Abfabs tomorrow night for our first time. We're still very new to this and as such a little nervous naturally.

We advertised the meet, had lots of messages saying sorry not to be able to join us (none saying they will yet!), but one in particular has raised a concern, “watch out for the packs of single men” – later clarified, but still….

Although we’d prefer a couple to play with (or two!) we’re not adverse to mmf, but she is fussy as is her right. She’s a special lady whom I’m protective of, (not possessive of) but as this is our first time at this club and where single guys are permitted, we are understandably nervous about that comment.

So, I suppose just looking for your experience, your tactics for telling the pushy guys to bugger off, however so politely or not.

Now, for those who will be going and want to offer to meet us, even for just a chat until we relax down a bit (very welcome), could I ask that we keep that chat to direct messages, not on here please, just easier to manage!

Thanks all!"

Hi! Please don't worry! When you arrive, one of our party hosts will give you a tour and explain the party etiquette to you. A very important part of that etiquette is that No Means No. If someone makes an unwanted approach, please tell them No, politely but firmly. If they persist, they are breaking the rules of the club, and you should tell the party hosts immediately, so something can be done about it.

Have a great time!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is just my advice, our first experience at a club was on a Wednesday evening at Abfabs and it nearly put us off ever going again. Whilst all were polite we were followed around by groups of single guys most of the night, it was not a great experience. There were very few couples there. We went to Kestrels a few weeks later and had a totally different experience. It is a great venue however if I was going for the first time ever I would go on a Friday or Sat night.

Post new Message to Thread