Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

amour hiding closure reasons

Jump to newest

By *omaso777 OP   Man
over a year ago

bury

After carefully reading through the forums concerning the reasons for Amour closing and re-opening I do not feel the management are being fair to the customers regarding the reasons for these actions. One thread I read says "Sad news from management", it then goes on to thank all customers over the past 8 months for their support. Other threads say there is some remedial works being completed and the club will be re-opening very soon etc etc. What the management of Amour should be doing is APOLOGISING to every single person for putting their lives at risk. The reason I say this is because on Thursday 12th Feb, Amour held a watersport party during the day, during this "party" they were visited by fire safety regulation officers who did an inspection of the premises. The outcome of this visit resulted in the issuing of an order to do works that would bring the premises in line with fire regulations that are a requirement of law. It also resulted in the closure of all the upstairs area's until these works were completed and inspected to the satisfaction of the authorities. I do know that the club was open on Fri 13th, Sat 14th, Sun 15th, Mon 16th and Tue 17th, I had friends that attended a valentine party on Sat 14th and they tell me that the upstairs area was open and fully in use and at no time did anyone connected to the club mention anything about any area of the club being closed due to fire safety regulation issues.I find it simply astounding that someone who is running a business were not only breaking the law they were blatantly putting the lives of their customers in danger. I guess that the monies that were going into their pockets meant a lot more than the safety of the people putting it there. I have worked in the leisure industry for some time and I feel it is time someone speaks out and makes people aware of the dangers of visiting clubs and other establishments that do not conform to the neccessary safety requirements, it is law for any premises that admits members of the public to have proceedures in place to safetly evacuate people in case of a fire. If you visit a club check for emergency lighting, fire alarm break points, fire exit signs, fire extinguishers and importantly make sure you know where the fire escape exits are. Clubs should also have a copy of public liability insurance available upon request. If these safety requirements are not met by the club owners, then they are obviously not concerned about your safety and I would certainly think twice about locking myself in a room when there is a possibility I just may never come out. 

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ulesnjayCouple
over a year ago

Bury

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Isnt it down to the club to disclose this.

and what happened if they said ok to stay open but work needs doing ASAP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

you sir are 100% correct there more concerned to in stalling central heating up stairs at the moment which was wrote on the form than putting in a fire escape for the up stairs that they do not have

the whole place was a death trap on the opening night that we attended I don't know how they got permission to open from the beginning with an electrical fuse box in the wet room above the door of the sauna and a open double and hot tub all in close proximity but that's what I noticed the 2 times I visited

Reply privately

over a year ago

open double shower

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Sounds like this is something that you need to discuss with the club owners directly rather than using the forums here to air your grievances, so Im closing this sorry

Reply privately