Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Sad news from management at Amour

Jump to newest

By *mour manchester OP   Couple
over a year ago

manchester

Anyone who knows how much hard work we have put into building up Amour's reputation & unique atmosphere, from a standing start to a venue that we were proud off will no how gutted we are to announce us leaving our roles as joint managers,

Not only did we have the most amazing laughs and met some truly amazing people we most def had the sexiest clientele of any club we ever been in, ,

The last 8 months haven't been plain sailing far from it and yes we've got some things wrong, we all make mistakes,

The one thing we have never let slip was the effort from all of us concerned with the day to day running,

Unfortunately resent circumstances dictate we can no longer carry this on and our biggest regret is not being able to take Amour to the next level and finish plans we had in place,

We would personally like to thank everyone who has attended over the 8 months and am sure the staff would all agree it's you the customers that make any club,

Regards,

Lisa & Carl, xx

(little Miss74 & Only the brave.)

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

Very sad news....sure we will all see you out and about x

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sad news guys

Reply privately

over a year ago

So sorry to hear this. You really have worked so hard to make an outstanding club and it is solely down to your hard work, dedication and enthusiasm that Amours has flourished. Wishing you both well xx

Reply privately

By *ewlywedloversCouple
over a year ago

Lancs/ greater manchester

Gutted to hear this news as it's the friendly welcome we got off you both that made us want to come to amour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyone who knows how much hard work we have put into building up Amour's reputation & unique atmosphere, from a standing start to a venue that we were proud off will no how gutted we are to announce us leaving our roles as joint managers,

Not only did we have the most amazing laughs and met some truly amazing people we most def had the sexiest clientele of any club we ever been in, ,

The last 8 months haven't been plain sailing far from it and yes we've got some things wrong, we all make mistakes,

The one thing we have never let slip was the effort from all of us concerned with the day to day running,

Unfortunately resent circumstances dictate we can no longer carry this on and our biggest regret is not being able to take Amour to the next level and finish plans we had in place,

We would personally like to thank everyone who has attended over the 8 months and am sure the staff would all agree it's you the customers that make any club,

Regards,

Lisa & Carl, xx

(little Miss74 & Only the brave.)"

The last 8 months has been an incredible journey for me and without u two, I wouldnt be where I am. I am a much better person, have made some brilliant friends along the way but sadly I would be leaving Amour too. Thank u to all the customers who made the club a great success for past 8 months xx

Orientdelight x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh guys this is such sad news. However you are both lovely, dedicated and hard working people. I wish you well for the future and I am sure that whatever it holds it will be happy and successful x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Truly truly gutted. The place will not be the same without you. I remember my first visit as a "shy newbie" and you both settled my curiosity and nerves and I knew instantly that I had also made good friends (came for an hour at 2pm and had to run for the last train!). The place won't be the same without you and I doubt anyone will push it forward with the pride, passion and dedication that you had and doubt my return as you two were one of the reasons I enjoyed visiting! Wish you both all the best for your futures - SexyCate

Reply privately

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Sad that things have ended for you guys. I am sure you don't regret a minute and have learned loads to take on to your next journey.

Best of luck and hope to see you at the fab social xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

so is the club still running but with new managers or closing down - sad times its a great place

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so is the club still running but with new managers or closing down - sad times its a great place "

You will have to contact the owner who is now running it for that information.

I'm sure they will comment soon enough x

Reply privately

By *lub Rouge ManchesterCouple
over a year ago

manchester

"so is the club still running but with new managers or closing down - sad times its a great place "

Yes the club is staying open sorry for any confusion

Back open for business as usual

Brian & sarah x

Reply privately

By *andS4funCouple
over a year ago

Lancashire

Absolutely gutted , and gutted for you two. An Amazing club you worked so hard to build up and run. Your customers will be sad and disappointed at this news.

Great times with great people at Amour. We've made good friends including you at amour.

We wish Amour and the owners every success of course for the future. But it won't be same without Karl and Lisa, an excellent club has lost an excellent asset. So this post is a tribute to you.

We'll be staying in touch but you know that already.

All the best to Karl and Lisa and to their brilliant staff.

Much love J and S xxx

Reply privately

By *ingersoloWoman
over a year ago

Oldham

Totally gutted. You 3 are more than staff to everyone at the club you are friends as well. Good luck to all of you for whatever the future holds xx

Reply privately

By *andS4funCouple
over a year ago

Lancashire

Carl not Karl ?? x

Reply privately

By *andS4funCouple
over a year ago

Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 21/02/15 13:44:35]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Carl not Karl ?? x"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very sad news we have never been to Amour ( we planning a visit soon) but heard nothing but good things about all the staff and members.Good luck guys for the future Natalie n Chris x

Reply privately

By *andS4funCouple
over a year ago

Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 21/02/15 13:46:24]

Reply privately

By *andS4funCouple
over a year ago

Lancashire

"Anyone who knows how much hard work we have put into building up Amour's reputation & unique atmosphere, from a standing start to a venue that we were proud off will no how gutted we are to announce us leaving our roles as joint managers,

Regards,

Lisa & Carl, xx

(little Miss74 & Only the brave.)

The last 8 months has been an incredible journey for me and without u two, I wouldnt be where I am. I am a much better person, have made some brilliant friends along the way but sadly I would be leaving Amour too. Thank u to all the customers who made the club a great success for past 8 months xx

Orientdelight x"

And all the best to you hun you're a gem of an asset. Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

So sorry to hear, really sucks x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

There is a lot to be said for the people than run a club. I have always said that it is the staff that keep a place ticking and make it a welcoming place to be...the customers give it a heart, the staff give it a soul.

It seems that a lot of people will miss you guys;I just hope the club doesn't lose it's soul x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not good. I gues its recession.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a lot to be said for the people than run a club. I have always said that it is the staff that keep a place ticking and make it a welcoming place to be...the customers give it a heart, the staff give it a soul.

It seems that a lot of people will miss you guys;I just hope the club doesn't lose it's soul x"

Completely agree with you

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

Would be nice to have seen the owners also recognise the input and good job the staff have done at making the club it is, by also openly on here wishing Carl Lisa and oriental Delight all the best as well for their future!!!

After all it was them and a few others who have been running this club for quite a while!!

Just my opinion!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is a lot to be said for the people than run a club. I have always said that it is the staff that keep a place ticking and make it a welcoming place to be...the customers give it a heart, the staff give it a soul.

It seems that a lot of people will miss you guys;I just hope the club doesn't lose it's soul x"

We hope not to! After all the atmosphere was what made the place & we always said it was the people who attended that created that, we just gave them a place to do it

Reply privately

over a year ago

- we dont know what the reasons for this are - sure people will jump to good and bad conclusions - lets stay positive xx

Reply privately

By *he No3 ClubCouple
over a year ago

Chorley, Lancashire

I guys hope your well sorry to hear your news we know how you feel been there you was always good customers at the No3 and will always be welcome all the best Mary & Glen No3, x

Reply privately

over a year ago

It seems that a lot of people will miss you guys;I just hope the club doesn't lose it's soul x

We hope not to! After all the atmosphere was what made the place & we always said it was the people who attended that created that, we just gave them a place to do it "

met you very briefly - its a combination of staff and clientele - xxx

Reply privately

By *nly the brave.Man
over a year ago

bolton

Personally first and foremost I would like to thank Lisa and all the staff for all there hard work and dedication ,

Secondly all the customers who without you guys we couldn't have done what we have,

On a personal note I am staying on at the club as manager,

The club will stay shut until Tuesday 24th whilst details and works are completed,

Regards carl, xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

We hope not to! After all the atmosphere was what made the place & we always said it was the people who attended that created that, we just gave them a place to do it "

And we're good listeners!! We take on board wot customers say n we try follow it through n improve it within our capabilities x

Reply privately

By *isexmistressWoman
over a year ago

Prestwich

If anyone involved can offer an actual and factual explanation,that would put paid to any rumours,gossip,assumptions and ill informed conjecture

Best of luck and best wishes for the future

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally first and foremost I would like to thank Lisa and all the staff for all there hard work and dedication ,

Secondly all the customers who without you guys we couldn't have done what we have,

The club will stay shut until Tuesday 24th whilst details and works are completed,

Regards carl, xx"

really I spoke with the owners about an hour ago and they advised the club would be open tonight.....bit of confusion here!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Personally first and foremost I would like to thank Lisa and all the staff for all there hard work and dedication ,

Regards carl, xx"

This is conflicting guys!!!!! There is a thread saying you are open tonight (OP are the owners) and I have been telling people who have asked that you are open!

Reply privately

over a year ago

carl also says in the first post he leaving as manager and later says staying on!!!

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It sounds like the arse doesn't know what the elbows doing here

Hope you all manage to sort it out x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Obviously shows there's more to running a club than just turning up saying 'hey I'm here come on in'

Wonder who will do that now

Reply privately

over a year ago

manchester

As the owners of amour we have made changes to the management for many reasons. We are proud to say that Carl is staying on as manager and this whole mess has been caused deliberately

Again we are sincerely sorry and this was out of our hands. We are both glad to be back on board at amour. Purely for safety reasons we are staying closed until Tuesday 24th

We will be open and better than ever from then

Looking forward to all the new changes

Brian & Sarah

Reply privately

over a year ago

manchester

"carl also says in the first post he leaving as manager and later says staying on!!!"

Carl is very much staying on as manager

Regards

Reply privately

By *v_heatherTV/TS
over a year ago

Leeds

Pretty much what Bisexmistress said above.

If you wanted to set up a situation to encourage rumours to fly around this would pretty much be a textbook way of doing it!

All the best to everyone involved, whatever they may be doing next!

Reply privately

By *ans123Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"I guys hope your well sorry to hear your news we know how you feel been there you was always good customers at the No3 and will always be welcome all the best Mary & Glen No3, x"

well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cant help but think ur possibly not drumming up the best publicity here (despite the saying 'theres no such thing') and an explanation in the first instance rather than a brief 'we are closed until further notice' would have been more productive. Sure..uv got tongues wagging but lets hope uv not driven many of the regulars away...after all its the attitude of people that also brings u to a club. If u (the owners) want to maintain the atmosphere that had already been created in Amour maybe a re-think is needed as to how u put information across.

I've enjoyed many a night in ur club as it does attract a younger and dare i say..more attractive crowd and hope to enjoy many more...but if people stay away then ur business is doomed.

Best wishes to Lisa....hopefully see u around. Uv done an amazing job creating that naughty little haven we all love so much xx

Reply privately

By *not69Man
over a year ago

Burnley

So whats really happened is that Lisa has been pushed out and Jade has walked out in support of her friend.

I may be wrong, but thats how it seems to me.

It wont be the same without those 2

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/02/15 16:41:43]

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"So whats really happened is that Lisa has been pushed out and Jade has walked out in support of her friend.

It wont be the same without those 2 "

Would have thought if that was the case Carl would have left in support as well for his gf , if your other half cannot support you then its a sad world!!

But we are only guessing, which in fact is what everybody seems to be doing....and maybe we are all wrong, but sure it will all come out in the wash as they say!

Just hope everybody concerned is ok x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So whats really happened is that Lisa has been pushed out and Jade has walked out in support of her friend.

It wont be the same without those 2 "

You maybe be wrong you may be right but putting it in the forums is not a very good way to go about it.What has gone on behind the scenes is there busines.Only the people involved know what went on let them get on with it and let's support the club for the future.

Reply privately

By *ill and katyCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

Really meerkat now.com!

Reply privately

By *aturdayNightSexCouple
over a year ago

Tameside, Manchester

"so is the club still running but with new managers or closing down - sad times its a great place

Yes the club is staying open sorry for any confusion

Back open for business as usual

Brian & sarah x

"

It now says on website closed until further notice and rumours going round council have closed it due to health and safety...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would have thought if that was the case Carl would have left in support as well for his gf , if your other half cannot support you then its a sad world!!

But we are only guessing, which in fact is what everybody seems to be doing....and maybe we are all wrong, but sure it will all come out in the wash as they say!

Just hope everybody concerned is ok x"

Just to clear this particular question up....

Carl (Only the brave.) & I haven't been together since November as a couple, against my better judgment we continued to carry on the charade for the sake of the club.

A few close to me know the personal issues I have faced in doing this but will not be airing this publicly on here.

Just to add, I am the legal owner of the name 'Amour Manchester' & the club which is part owned by loveit22 is Amour spa,

I don't intend to just disappear & I'm sure this will become clearer in the near future.

Thank you for all the private & public messages of support & concern (some of which from surprising sources)

Hopefully Amour Spa will be able to continue with the spirit & soul it was given

Xx

Reply privately

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

?

Reply privately

By *nly the brave.Man
over a year ago

bolton

If i may try and clear a few things up,

the club hasnt been shut by anyone except owners and management,

This thread and appologies if it was me was not about the club but about the fact myself and lisa as a team would no longer be managing Amour,

we wanted to say thankyou to everyone who has supported us over the last 8 months.

regards carl xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Rumours would have you shot my god!! Seriously roll on the 24th and a nice cosy warm club I for one can't wait xxx

Good luck to all concerned you've all started a fab little club off. Friendly fun and long may in continue xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Am I the only person feeling a bit uncomfortable reading all this now? I do hope for the sake of the club and it's lovely members that this settles down soon. The rumour mill is not doing anybody any favours

Reply privately

By *mour manchester OP   Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"As the owners of amour we have made changes to the management for many reasons. We are proud to say that Carl is staying on as manager and this whole mess has been caused deliberately

Again we are sincerely sorry and this was out of our hands. We are both glad to be back on board at amour. Purely for safety reasons we are staying closed until Tuesday 24th

We will be open and better than ever from then

Looking forward to all the new changes

Brian & Sarah "

Appologise for the lack of response from Amour Manchester.

I (little Miss74) originally with Only the brave. decided to leave as the 'part owners' have decided to take the club in a direction that I personally don't believe is fitting with all the time, effort, sweat & tears that went into making it what it is, or was last week.

I will not say anything malicious or degrading regarding any person wishing to stay there or attend & hope with all my heart that Amour Spa continues.

Unfortunatly the gentlemans agreement which was made between myself & the other two majority owners for some reason been disregarded & as such I feel that this is the right thing for me to do as an experienced manager & also on a moral basis.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Am I the only person feeling a bit uncomfortable reading all this now? I do hope for the sake of the club and it's lovely members that this settles down soon. The rumour mill is not doing anybody any favours "
yes very icky. Not my sort of voyeurism!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You maybe be wrong you may be right but putting it in the forums is not a very good way to go about it.What has gone on behind the scenes is there busines.Only the people involved know what went on let them get on with it and let's support the club for the future. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

so amour is now amour spa does that mean its not going to be a swingers club anymore? coz i think of a spa as somewhere you go for relaxation days and treatments am proper confused now with all the bullshit n bollox flying around its like swimming through mud

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so amour is now amour spa does that mean its not going to be a swingers club anymore? coz i think of a spa as somewhere you go for relaxation days and treatments am proper confused now with all the bullshit n bollox flying around its like swimming through mud "

Amour is Amour Spa.... It says it and always has on the sign outside the club. Nothing has changed other than a slight change to the staff, where customers will see more of the owners being present, as Lisa and Orient Delight have stated, they will not longer be working at the club, Carl will remain as management and some improvements are being completed inside the club at present which is why it is closed. This is our understanding, and is what we are taking from all that has been said. Speculation and rumours are unnecessary and in my opinion, as adults, we should know better than to make such judgements and take this at face value...owners and Carl have now made it clear, and I personally don't think it is appropriate to be asking questions about the finer details which are nobody's business.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so amour is now amour spa does that mean its not going to be a swingers club anymore? coz i think of a spa as somewhere you go for relaxation days and treatments am proper confused now with all the bullshit n bollox flying around its like swimming through mud

Amour is Amour Spa.... It says it and always has on the sign outside the club. Nothing has changed other than a slight change to the staff, where customers will see more of the owners being present, as Lisa and Orient Delight have stated, they will not longer be working at the club, Carl will remain as management and some improvements are being completed inside the club at present which is why it is closed. This is our understanding, and is what we are taking from all that has been said. Speculation and rumours are unnecessary and in my opinion, as adults, we should know better than to make such judgements and take this at face value...owners and Carl have now made it clear, and I personally don't think it is appropriate to be asking questions about the finer details which are nobody's business."

well said x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I've always enjoyed the place as a newbie to clubs I like the members who go there and the events , hopefully this won't change and the staff are a big part of making the club what it is ! Let's all have a Gregg's and be pals again

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

and I personally don't think it is appropriate to be asking questions about the finer details which are nobody's business."

There have been so many contradictory messages across the various threads that its no wonder people are asking questions.

I agree that the finer details are nobodys business but, with respect, those details have been shared - inappropriately in my personal opinion - in a public forum so before we can do a Persil commercial with any more dirty laundry Im going to close this now.

If club users want to contact the OP to discuss their situation they are best doing it by PM now.

Once the club owners have some accurate and consistent information they can post it in the forums to keep club users updated on whats happening.

Reply privately