Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Club reviews

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would we all find it petty and ridiculous if a staff member (eg a barman) of one club was to write a club review of a club closeby saying it was okay but not as good as the club they work in etc etc

Would the reviewed club want the review removed or just leave it up to show the tactics of the other club?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Hmmmm....I think bar staff of a club should be able to make a fair judgement of another club as the likelihood is that they are active swingers who like to experience other clubs.

However, I don't agree that they should use this as a platform to leave a derogatory review and 'advise' people to go elsewhere. Or make comparisons. It's just not on. I know our bar staff have been elsewhere (as have we!) and they have decided not to leave a review for a club when it wasn't so good as they didn't want people to think they were being biased. They have had great nights at other places and said so

The review system is flawed in many ways and is open to abuse; this is just another way in which a club can use underhand methods to draw people away, which is just plain nasty!

Reply privately

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

Leave it up. I need to glue my fingers/hands down and stop reacting. Finding it rather difficult at the moment. Ive had enough .

I'm now going to go and glue my fingers and hands down again .No more typing for me on this one!

Reply privately

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Leave it up. I need to glue my fingers/hands down and stop reacting. Finding it rather difficult at the moment. Ive had enough .

I'm now going to go and glue my fingers and hands down again .No more typing for me on this one! "

Tape oven gloves to your hands, that should help

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would never go to a club just reading what others think about it .. I would go find out myself .. as we all see things different. A lot hold back here saying the truth as wish to get into the club clicks I find .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leave it up I say, better for people to know the tactics employed by a club so they can make an informed decision x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would find it rather distasteful on behalf of the other club.

1. For encouraging this behaviour.

2. For acting in a very child like manner.

Ive enjoyed many clubs, some not as much as others, but the ones ive not enjoyed as much as others ive simply not left a review.

Club staff from opposing clubs are really acting negitavely and playing games.

Ignoring these imbiciles is the best policy Spicyminx....they are simply digging themselves a great big hole x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I would never go to a club just reading what others think about it .. I would go find out myself .. as we all see things different. A lot hold back here saying the truth as wish to get into the club clicks I find . "

Very well put and in TOTAL agreement with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hmmmm....I think bar staff of a club should be able to make a fair judgement of another club as the likelihood is that they are active swingers who like to experience other clubs.

However, I don't agree that they should use this as a platform to leave a derogatory review and 'advise' people to go elsewhere. Or make comparisons. It's just not on. I know our bar staff have been elsewhere (as have we!) and they have decided not to leave a review for a club when it wasn't so good as they didn't want people to think they were being biased. They have had great nights at other places and said so

The review system is flawed in many ways and is open to abuse; this is just another way in which a club can use underhand methods to draw people away, which is just plain nasty! "

Totally well worded. Its a great shame that there are so many NASTY folk out there. X

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"Leave it up. I need to glue my fingers/hands down and stop reacting. Finding it rather difficult at the moment. Ive had enough .

I'm now going to go and glue my fingers and hands down again .No more typing for me on this one!

Tape oven gloves to your hands, that should help "

that could ruin her sex life. Lol

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i don't think it does either club favours.... it looks worse now they have removed the offending review but left up one of the responces....

it looks petty

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

We have tried 4 clubs and have liked 3 of them but because the 4th one wasn't to our taste (we only visited it once) doesn't mean it's not for others. I actively encourage (especially club newbies ) to try different clubs and to experience what each one has to offer.

Dave

Reply privately

By *exy_angel_thirdWoman
over a year ago

peterborough

The review system is there so that the public can voice there thoughts and opinions which we are all entitled to. There will always be both positive and negative comments ..... If opinions are not wanted the review system shouldn't be in place.

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"The review system is there so that the public can voice there thoughts and opinions which we are all entitled to. There will always be both positive and negative comments ..... If opinions are not wanted the review system shouldn't be in place.

"

Totally agree but another club should not be mentioned in a review.

Reply privately

By *exy_angel_thirdWoman
over a year ago

peterborough

"The review system is there so that the public can voice there thoughts and opinions which we are all entitled to. There will always be both positive and negative comments ..... If opinions are not wanted the review system shouldn't be in place.

Totally agree but another club should not be mentioned in a review. "

True but they may have only been to one other club to compare it to ... No review rules stating not to mention other clubs either...... So its free to say what you think

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

It's a club review not a comparison site. We have been club regulars for over 3 years and have never left a review as we feel that because we like / don't like something we don't want to encourage or put people off going to a club. Like i said earlier, we have been to 4 clubs and could find things we don't like from all 4.

Reply privately

By *inger blasterMan
over a year ago

potton

I have been swinging for about 5 or 6 months and been on fab swingers for a few weeks I've only ever been to 2 clubs but will be going to many more starting with the ones nearest to where I live and I write reviews and verifications which are based on my own experience and opinion ..... Can't see I've done anything wrong and ... Maybe I shouldn't have named any clubs in the review but after having a few drinks last night I'm surprised the review even made complete sence ..... A apology wouldn't do any harm from everyone that thinks it's ok to acuse and talk about me in that way I don't appreciate it

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"i don't think it does either club favours.... it looks worse now they have removed the offending review but left up one of the responces....

it looks petty"

It is still there Fabio.

And I agree that it has done neither club any favours. And neither has this thread, throwing fuel on a fire that would be better off allowing to die.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"i don't think it does either club favours.... it looks worse now they have removed the offending review but left up one of the responces....

it looks petty

It is still there Fabio.

And I agree that it has done neither club any favours. And neither has this thread, throwing fuel on a fire that would be better off allowing to die."

just had to read them all again as i thought it was hidden under an okay or avoid.... sneeky...

yes it was cheeky to do... yes they shouldn't have done it... and if they are an employee of another club then the clubs should get on well enough to have a quiet word in persons ear....

I am suppose to be passing the area in the next few weeks... at the moment I am inclined to try neither........

its all a bit "school yard"... if you get my feel.....

Reply privately

By *exy_angel_thirdWoman
over a year ago

peterborough

A persons opinion is there opinion ...free speech.... Maybe they should make some clear rules as people will literally write what they think which has obviously happened in the review being discussed.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

it looks petty

It is still there Fabio.

And I agree that it has done neither club any favours. And neither has this thread, throwing fuel on a fire that would be better off allowing to die.

just had to read them all again as i thought it was hidden under an okay or avoid.... sneeky...

yes it was cheeky to do... yes they shouldn't have done it... and if they are an employee of another club then the clubs should get on well enough to have a quiet word in persons ear....

I am suppose to be passing the area in the next few weeks... at the moment I am inclined to try neither........

its all a bit "school yard"... if you get my feel....."

That would be unfortunate as I go to and love both clubs. And if you don't get sucked into the behind the scenes silliness you could have a great night. The clientele of both are amongst the friendliest of any club I have been to. The downside of this is that they can at times get a bit ferocious/childish in their defense of their favoured club.

Reply privately

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

"A persons opinion is there opinion ...free speech.... Maybe they should make some clear rules as people will literally write what they think which has obviously happened in the review being discussed.

"

Sorry but I do believe the review was underhand . For a start you guys didn't turn up till late . The club was also very quiet with about 7 people in at the time. You guys kept to yourselves and locked yourselves into a room. In regard to what was mentioned in the review there was no way on earth that you could compare last night to a Saturday at the other club. It would be ridiculous to even suggest a difference in the review.

Reply privately

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

it looks petty

It is still there Fabio.

its all a bit "school yard"... if you get my feel....."

I know and agree exactly with what you are saying .Things are out of hand and by reacting we don't do ourselves any favours.

P.s I'm typing this with my nose .my hands are still glued

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"

P.s I'm typing this with my nose .my hands are still glued "

Pictures or it never happened

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pathetic games that have put us off the club in question. Whilst adopting underhand tactics like this may get a few more thought the door at the club in question. It's surely put a lot more people off.

It's a shame as it's a club that's close to us and with a reputation as having a good crowd. But this puts us off ever going simply because it's so petty.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

P.s I'm typing this with my nose .my hands are still glued

Pictures or it never happened "

I reckon she is doing something else with her hands tell me I'm wrong?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pathetic games that have put us off the club in question. Whilst adopting underhand tactics like this may get a few more thought the door at the club in question. It's surely put a lot more people off.

It's a shame as it's a club that's close to us and with a reputation as having a good crowd. But this puts us off ever going simply because it's so petty. "

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"Pathetic games that have put us off the club in question. Whilst adopting underhand tactics like this may get a few more thought the door at the club in question. It's surely put a lot more people off.

It's a shame as it's a club that's close to us and with a reputation as having a good crowd. But this puts us off ever going simply because it's so petty. "

The owners of both clubs need to meet up and sort the issues and show a united front. This way they can out any trouble makers and ban them from both clubs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a shame as it's a club that's close to us and with a reputation as having a good crowd. But this puts us off ever going simply because it's so petty.

The owners of both clubs need to meet up and sort the issues and show a united front. This way they can out any trouble makers and ban them from both clubs."

Ok a good point, that olive branch has been offering however and declined x

Reply privately

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

The owners of both clubs need to meet up and sort the issues and show a united front. This way they can out any trouble makers and ban them from both clubs."

Couldn't agree more and it has been suggested!!

I am concerned that this thread may be damaging to both clubs, not just 'the accused' I really hope that a resolution can be found for the good of both clubs and the patrons therein.

xxx

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Petty club wars do nothing but stop people going to them

People don't go on a fantasy night out to get involved with all that crap

Reply privately

over a year ago

Over the years been to clubs around the UK ... And most have good and bad things I find, Each one is different so as long as clean and lovely people there I can over look it not being 5 star . For me people make a club .

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"Over the years been to clubs around the UK ... And most have good and bad things I find, Each one is different so as long as clean and lovely people there I can over look it not being 5 star . For me people make a club ."

They are both great clubs and i don't have any problems recommending both.

Dave

Reply privately

over a year ago

I also think the barman from the club that left the review should be sacked!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Over the years been to clubs around the UK ... And most have good and bad things I find, Each one is different so as long as clean and lovely people there I can over look it not being 5 star . For me people make a club .

They are both great clubs and i don't have any problems recommending both.

Dave "

Well as long as you like that's all that matters . I would go make my own mind up as I never go on what people say as I know its different for each person and the people there on the evening make a good night at a club I find.

Reply privately

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Spot on! That's why we don't leave reviews (good or bad) but we do encourage people to try different clubs and not just the ones we like.

D

Reply privately

By *aydeesclubCouple
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

How can you have club wars when, we havn`t done/said anything.

You lot should get wise and not listen to a load of club owner wanna bees, absolutely pathetic.

1.Yes we have had planning issues, but hopefully now all sorted,our local council have no problems with us.

2.We got reported because we didn`t have a premises license, we thought we didn`t need one because we don't sell alcohol, but we have found that we do need one to play music, we have now put in the application, and its going through

3.We dont need a sex shop license,costing £5000.00 because we don't sell anything.

We are not as one of the Tease wanna bees states operating illegally.

Notice we don't hear much from Stuart (owner)

I have tried to stay out of all your pettiness, but have now had enough of it.

Watch this space.

Jaydee

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well that's cleared up the matter which is the club in question.

Best leave this one to the professionals.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Maybe now all have had their say this should be closed.

Reply privately