FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

impressions of people who rally around clubs after people leave bad reviews...

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if there is a situation between a club and a person...... shouldn't it remain between that club and that person...

i don't think the rallying around of clubs or the attacking of the person who left the review is neither helpful or leaving a positive impression......

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally agree then you also get fans of said club posting loads of good reviews so the bad one gets buried

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well known club not a million miles away from Northants does this. It has a hard core of members who go crazy as soon as something critical is said.

Quite sad to see the denizens behave in such a way however you can usually work out what's happening after being on here for a while.

Reply privately

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

I agree with all the above.

It does no one any favours and if I owned the club would feel a bit embarrassed about it.

Unless they being abusive, let them be. Ive reported one that I thought was abusive and rediculous and admit removed it. No need to get into a discussion on the reviews about it.

D

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've noticed this too! One or two poor reviews and rent a fanbase comes out in force. Bit sad really.

Reply privately

By *andbukcplCouple
over a year ago

Barnsley

We tend to use the reviews like tripadvisor. Ignore the top 10% and the bottom 10%. They are usually both written by people with "issues" and the last people we want advice from in this game are those with issues. We can get enough of that in real regular life.

Obviously word of mouth from people you know and trust the judgement of is so much more valuable in our eyes.

We tend not to review clubs even though we have visited the vast majority from the Midlands north and some in the SE. We are happy to give most a try and make our own mind up. Our pet grievance is with club owners who oversell themselves and their club+members. In business it should be undersell and over deliver, rather than the reverse. Tthat way first impressions are positive, rather than walking in thinking it's going to be the best night ever and it turns flat as a steamrollered pancake.

Reply privately

By *ove121LustCouple
over a year ago

LaLa Land

I think people just feel passionate and defensive about the club they love, but as adults, we do need to remember not everyone shares the same taste! ( you wouldn't think you'd have to point that out on this site eh!!!!)

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i understand there are two sides to every story.... but two sides and then everyone rallying to a defence just looks at best intimidating and at worst bullying.....

it like they unleash the attack hounds and it is just so unseemly...

Reply privately

over a year ago

2 clubs were 'at war' doing bad reviews and people were slagging each other off from each club camp. It put me off going. It's pathetic. If people are so uptight I don't want to be there.

Reply privately

By *andC2013Couple
over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Not worth getting involved in we are into swinging not gossip , we are also old enough to make our own minds up about any club we visit!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If I see anything like that, on reviews or on the forums, I choose not to go to either club as the people there are obviously not the type of people I wish to meet.

I have given a couple of clubs lukewarm reviews, mainly because they were grubby. If people actually reviewed the club itself and refrained from slagging it off for the lack/standard of people going it might be a bit less of a turf war scenario.

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its not so much "club on club" crime i am talking about.... we all know which clubs hate which by now and where the turf wars are.....

it was more the "club on individuals" type situation that you see spring up more and more and the "dogs" just attack.... and then you can see why most criticism/negativity is in secret/word of mouth....

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

It depends. If you were at the club at the time maybe you have a different point of view of what the complaint is about.

However clubs will never improve if there is never any complaints or criticism. We work on the theory of praise in public, complain in private...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wonder if it puts people off leaving a bad review if they see how previous reviewers are treated. Might there be more bad reviews out there than are actually seen.

I find it hard reading for the reviewer when the defensive mob comes out. But if helps us decide who to chat with when we visit them...........

Another filter

Reply privately

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

If I rated Chams on the number of times I`ve played with ladys other than the ones I`ve gone in with they would get a big fat zero! Of the two other clubs I`ve been to, one I saw a deteriation in the overall state of the place and left comments as appropriate. The other club closed not long after I attended (wasn`t my fault!) but as I never went into the play areas I didn`t leave a rating.

Reply privately

By *iccardaTV/TS
over a year ago

Wallasey

This has happened quiet spectacularly on the fet scene several times, through a website that shall forever remain nameless

said nameless website doesn't have a review section so comments are posted in open forums and they can get really nasty

Reply privately

over a year ago

alas after making a truthful point about a certain club not having any showers the post was deleted who knows ??

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I don't think the problem is with people who leave obviously angry reviews because they've been a tosser. Its with people who leave reasonable reviews about why they didn't enjoy their visit and get tons of abuse, from owners as well as members. Obviously that wasn't the case with Jaydees, but I have seen it happen on the review pages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I rated Chams on the number of times I`ve played with ladys other than the ones I`ve gone in with they would get a big fat zero!

.... "

You'd rate a club badly if you didn't fuck someone that night?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

What if Fabio wasn't actually referring to Jaydees though?

Case in point jumping to a clubs defence without basis and the full facts not know. Which would then go to prove his point if he was referring to Jaydees.

Quid pro quo.

Oooooooosh

(Although that chap who left the review is bang out of order!!!)

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

The only reviews which I pay some notice to are the ones from people who go to many clubs rather than just the one and hang around there waiting to collect their pension

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"If I rated Chams on the number of times I`ve played with ladys other than the ones I`ve gone in with they would get a big fat zero!

You'd rate a club badly if you didn't fuck someone that night?! "

If that was the case I'd be rating a fair few clubs zero too.

Reply privately

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I know of one club a few years ago whose "good" reviews after a "negative" one, were actually the club owners and respective partners.

They simply could not accept anything negative, even to turning it around and use it constructively!

Reply privately

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I daresay the emergence of Review sites across all business areas, has spawned a new breed of people who tend to use them to react in a non-realistic way!

The "red mist" takes over; they suddenly become experts and know how to run your business better than you even if they've no direct expertise.

Whilst some negative reviews do have some substance, many do not; there's always 2 sides to each story but sadly the business rarely gets the chance to fight back.

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

They are called customers and the reason businesses exist is to serve their customers and make a profit

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe some of the issues come from the fact you can leave a fun or fabulous review for a good time, an ok review for a good to fair time, but you only get to leave avoid if you didn't like it. There's no "not my place but it wasn't horrible" type option. Some of the avoid reviews actually have positive comments in them, tainted by that title.

Plus there's that whole thing of one couple rating a place poorly because they wouldn't sleep with anyone in on that night while another couple had the time of their lives. These aren't actually reviews of the clubs but their nights which aren't the same things. It looks like jumping on the bad reviewer. We've asked some members to try to limit this in future so that our reviews can be more open

That said I think some people deliberately leave inflammatory reviews. One recently said that our "jacuzzi" (actually a roman pool but I'll let that slide) looked like a prime spot to catch ebola from. Had this couple asked about the pool hygiene we could have told them and reassured them. Instead they left a bad review. Same for the roman orgy night last year where we asked two single guys to be our slave entertainment. A bad review the next day said the place was swarming in single guys. Had they asked, we could have clarified.

Moral of the story: Please ask the staff about things! Complaining after the fact is very hard to rectify and that's when other members who have asked get annoyed and also put reviews in to do that clarification for us

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had a terrible night in one club and wrote bad review then got a few messages saying you shouldn't have done that. A number of names were put forward on the messages as going to give me hassle and sure enough for about a month I couldn't post anything but it was taken over by posts from a north west seaside town. The owners and staff repeatedly blamed my bad review on my love of a rival club one I had only been in three times at that time. Of course people travel hundreds of miles spend hundreds of pounds to just leave a bad review. But in the end all they did was make people go read the review I wasn't naming them anywhere but the owner and staff kept coming on and slagging me off outing themselves even in unrelated posts

Reply privately

over a year ago

If that was the case I'd be rating a fair few clubs zero too. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ooh interesting thread lol

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

The biggest 'moaners' happen to be people (mostly guys) who don't seem to get any sex at a swinger's club

No offence, but if they don't look all that attractive and can't get it in the big wide world out there, then it is unlikely that their chances will vastly improve at a club. And that is hardly the fault of the club

Reply privately

over a year ago

Saw a couple complain about how dangerous a club was. They wrote a review and got nailed by the regulars and not in a good way.

The club then had to be shut down because it did not come up to code!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i understand there are two sides to every story.... but two sides and then everyone rallying to a defence just looks at best intimidating and at worst bullying.....

it like they unleash the attack hounds and it is just so unseemly..."

I love your play on words _abio unleashing the hounds its like a hunt with the Master and the fox .. Some how it rings true .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Had a terrible night in one club and wrote bad review then got a few messages saying you shouldn't have done that. A number of names were put forward on the messages as going to give me hassle and sure enough for about a month I couldn't post anything but it was taken over by posts from a north west seaside town. The owners and staff repeatedly blamed my bad review on my love of a rival club one I had only been in three times at that time. Of course people travel hundreds of miles spend hundreds of pounds to just leave a bad review. But in the end all they did was make people go read the review I wasn't naming them anywhere but the owner and staff kept coming on and slagging me off outing themselves even in unrelated posts"
Well you must of felt it was the wright thing to do at the time . People are all different here so like different things . I like to read a mix on a club, Good and bad and find only way to really is going. As if all good i think people are licking up to get in with owners or like to be in the click as safety in numbers . People should say the truth how it is for them at clubs with out fair of the dog being let out . I keep getting that song now in my head after this post Who let the dogs out , lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

We leave positive reviews for places we've enjoyed based on our whole experience.

We don't bother leaving anything for those we haven't but if people ask us our opinions face to face, we tell them...there are several places we wouldn't consider going to again, we just leave it at that...

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Our impression when we were looking to visit a club was to not want to visit the clubs that have regulars attack others for giving their review.

Don't get me wrong, some reviews are malicious or club war stuff, but when everyone is classed as a malicious reviewer or an out and out liar because they post a true review of their night it sure puts you off going and puts us off more than an odd Avoid review.

As Club owners are advised by Admin to comment on an avoid review if they think it is wrong then I don't think anyone else should get involved as I think it does nothing for the business.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The review was reported to fab by several people but it hasn't been removed, im sure our members who come here would not like being referred to as retards and mingers etc. I do realise that this is to do with another club though and was worried that some of the things being said was being pointed towards us too. We don't mind if people say things about our club in a review that say our club was not to their taste, but its not fair when a verification can be put on because we asked the person to leave and not return. They then write it in revenge. We are thinking of putting a box in the front entrance for people to put anonymous comments in so that if we do have any thing happening that people didn't like they can leave a reply instead of putting a bad review on... Mind you we don't get bad reviews though so hopefully we have got it all right... "

I wasn't a minger until I said no to him ha ha

Not going to leave a review to back up what I think of the club as I have already done one before like all the other clubs I have been to

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think people put up good or bad reviews for diff reasons some honnist reasons some not so , it's very difficult !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bad reviews should always be left up to the club to respond to if they see fit.

People who rally around their favourite haunt are not doing it or themselves any favours, it all comes across as my dad is bigger than your dad nonsense.

However they are no worse than the people who leave false reviews just because they didn't get any or that they had just heard bad things about the place.

Having been to a club where the next day someone had left a bad review that was liberal with the truth I did get annoyed but at the same time it wasn't going to stop me going and I felt that any response should come from the club.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We leave positive reviews for places we've enjoyed based on our whole experience.

We don't bother leaving anything for those we haven't but if people ask us our opinions face to face, we tell them...there are several places we wouldn't consider going to again, we just leave it at that..."

I agree, I purposely won't review a club, that in my opinion is a midden, because I know full well there would be 'bandwagoneers' so its best to speak with my feet. .

I'd say people will always defend what they don't see fit, or agree with, just some don't know how to without being belligerent.

Reply privately

By *aydeesclubCouple
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

A review should be about the club.... its facilities, staff, the way the club is run.

Not about whether you scored had a good time, the couple you played with you found to be unhygienic.

I`me sure that when some people read reviews, it doesn`t need a lot of common sense to realise that the person leaving that bad review, has a gripe with the club.

In our case we had complaints about a persons behaviour, from more than one person, we had to ask them to leave and not come back.

It would only spoil the night for others if they were allowed to stay, and then more bad reviews.

I should also say, that just because someone has good verifications from someone that they have been with when they were on their own, doesn`t mean they are going to behave in a club environment.

We have strict rules NO means NO

Reply privately

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

You'd rate a club badly if you didn't fuck someone that night?! "

Aaaah no! I didn`t quite word what I posted quite correctly!

I`ve been several times with a FWB and it was a given that I played with her. Everytime I`ve been on my own I haven`t played but it doesn`t make any difference to me how I rate the club. I rate the building, facilities, staff and atmosphere, not the shags!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reviews should be more like eBay as in not just words try a star rating for set criteria eg. Facilities, staff, drink prices, entrance prices, cleanliness. Surely this would give a more balanced review, it should also be possible for each reviewer to have a note of how many times they have reviewed a club!

This should hopefully present more useful reviews, without club regulars or staff being able to attack negative reviewers or drown out negative reviews. Another point of note is how some clubs have been rewarding reviewers with free entry next time and prize of free entry drinks etc that are closely linked to having left a review!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lets be honest, most of the club reviews are biased to the club, so you ought to take no notice of them as they are from regular members who big the place up.

Some of the club review aren't actual reviews (it personal opinion without actually visiting), but when you report them to admin nothing happens to them.

Ignore most of the reviews because they simply aren't partial .. go and make your own minds up..

Reply privately

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

"Reviews should be more like eBay as in not just words try a star rating for set criteria eg. Facilities, staff, drink prices, entrance prices, cleanliness. Surely this would give a more balanced review, it should also be possible for each reviewer to have a note of how many times they have reviewed a club!

This should hopefully present more useful reviews, without club regulars or staff being able to attack negative reviewers or drown out negative reviews. Another point of note is how some clubs have been rewarding reviewers with free entry next time and prize of free entry drinks etc that are closely linked to having left a review! "

Here we go again and I'm guessing that those clubs are local to you, yet again ??? green tick ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Reviews should be more like eBay as in not just words try a star rating for set criteria eg. Facilities, staff, drink prices, entrance prices, cleanliness. Surely this would give a more balanced review, it should also be possible for each reviewer to have a note of how many times they have reviewed a club!

This should hopefully present more useful reviews, without club regulars or staff being able to attack negative reviewers or drown out negative reviews. Another point of note is how some clubs have been rewarding reviewers with free entry next time and prize of free entry drinks etc that are closely linked to having left a review!

Here we go again and I'm guessing that those clubs are local to you, yet again ??? green tick .. "

???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Aaaah no! I didn`t quite word what I posted quite correctly!

I`ve been several times with a FWB and it was a given that I played with her. Everytime I`ve been on my own I haven`t played but it doesn`t make any difference to me how I rate the club. I rate the building, facilities, staff and atmosphere, not the shags! "

x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We leave positive reviews for places we've enjoyed based on our whole experience.

We don't bother leaving anything for those we haven't but if people ask us our opinions face to face, we tell them...there are several places we wouldn't consider going to again, we just leave it at that..."

Reply privately

By *ony 69 funMan
over a year ago

Wellingborough

"if there is a situation between a club and a person...... shouldn't it remain between that club and that person...

i don't think the rallying around of clubs or the attacking of the person who left the review is neither helpful or leaving a positive impression......"

Ive heard of this issue and as sombody who works at a club it can be easy to fall into the trap of getting defensive when a bad review is left. The thing is all clubs are different and have there own twist on what ppl want. The fact of the matter is you cant please everyone. Everyone has there own preference or kink and you cant cater for everyone. No point in getting defensive about it at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Having watched this thread with merriment and interest I feel the need to comment, as a previous leaver of a poor review and bringing up issues I had witnessed directly with the owners at a fore mentioned club, I was harassed and bullied not just by the regulars but also by the owners! Who has a tendency to try to sully the reputation of any bad reviewer, in my case on fab, verbally and on social media. Best thing to do is if you don't like a club just don't go again and don't leave a review

Reply privately

over a year ago

This should hopefully present more useful reviews, without club regulars or staff being able to attack negative reviewers or drown out negative reviews. Another point of note is how some clubs have been rewarding reviewers with free entry next time and prize of free entry drinks etc that are closely linked to having left a review! "

Ooh have they ha ha who's that then ! Free drinks yes please

Reply privately

over a year ago

The thread that keeps on giving.

Think I know what club is being insinuated.

Where do we sign up to get free drinks!!!??

Reply privately

By *easehotelCouple
over a year ago

huntingdon,Cambridgeshire

Ooh have they ha ha who's that then ! Free drinks yes please "

Reply privately

By *easehotelCouple
over a year ago

huntingdon,Cambridgeshire

Ooh have they ha ha who's that then ! Free drinks yes please

"

And what do points make?? .....prizes! Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

So this thread is basically turning into Club members rallying round their preferred club. Proving the OP's point and highlighting some of the practices involved.

Stay classy San Diego!

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is so true i saw this in the review section for our place for fun/ op4f you literally cant write a "avoid"

Is the swinging scene run by kim jun yung of north korea lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh the irony we've been to nearly all if not all the clubs in the South East and lots of other clubs to, if we like the place we leave a positive review if it didn't suit us we don't leave a review but of course we do talk to our friends and give an honest opinion

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed posts as it looks like we seem to be continuing personal disputes on here as well. Think its best to leave it there.

Reply privately