Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Club rules...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I understand club rules are there for a reason but I'm a bit peeved here to be honest.

A few weeks back I was at the club i frequently attend. I always have a glass of wine before I go and take maybe 4 cans of lager with me. One night I went to the bar for my 2nd can but was told the manager had my drink at the front desk. I went through to be told somebody had said I was slurring my words so my alcohol had been confiscated!! I was not d*unk at all and have never done anything to upset anyone nor ever had cross words, infact I've made aload of new friends, whome I meet up with and chat with regularly.

Made me feel embarrassed and like a naughty school kid!!! Considering changing clubs now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

This happened a few weeks ago and you're only just peeved enough to put this on the forum ?

Has the anger been building up ?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Not a lot you can do really, change clubs.

over a year ago

"This happened a few weeks ago and you're only just peeved enough to put this on the forum ?

Has the anger been building up ?"

Because my fb has asked me to go back this week so it's got me thinking, so Yeh!

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

A mate of mine talks like that all the time and he doesn't drink. Did the management ask you to leave or could they see you were actually sober and give you your can's back?

over a year ago

"Not a lot you can do really, change clubs."

Shame really because I do enjoy the club

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"This happened a few weeks ago and you're only just peeved enough to put this on the forum ?

Has the anger been building up ?

Because my fb has asked me to go back this week so it's got me thinking, so Yeh! "

Ah gotcha ! Does seem a bit mean of them

over a year ago

"A mate of mine talks like that all the time and he doesn't drink. Did the management ask you to leave or could they see you were actually sober and give you your can's back?"

Gave them back after I answered myself to them. Bit embarrassing tbh

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have seen it a few times where people's drink has been taken away if they were d*unk, however i think it would have been better they had a word with you first so they could decide for themselves if you were d*unk rather than just taking someone else's world for it

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"A mate of mine talks like that all the time and he doesn't drink. Did the management ask you to leave or could they see you were actually sober and give you your can's back?

Gave them back after I answered myself to them. Bit embarrassing tbh"

I bet it was.

Without knowing all the circumstances its difficult to comment but could it be someone being malicious?

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"A mate of mine talks like that all the time and he doesn't drink. Did the management ask you to leave or could they see you were actually sober and give you your can's back?

Well they were only acting in the best interests of the club and checking out a complaint. Someone in the club that night was jealous of you I'd assume and was trying to belittle you.

over a year ago

I bet it was.

Without knowing all the circumstances its difficult to comment but could it be someone being malicious?"

I think so.... One of the managers found out her fb had asked me to go with him which I declined.

over a year ago

Well they were only acting in the best interests of the club and checking out a complaint. Someone in the club that night was jealous of you I'd assume and was trying to belittle you."

I can't see why though, I don't do anything to upset others. Never mind.

over a year ago

"I have seen it a few times where people's drink has been taken away if they were d*unk, however i think it would have been better they had a word with you first so they could decide for themselves if you were d*unk rather than just taking someone else's world for it "

Yes, it would have been easier

I'm shy so need a tiny tipple before I can play

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Really?! They had a complaint so they investigated the complaint and dealt with it there and then and gave you your booze back and your peeved about it?!?

I suppose you'd be peeved if you had complained about someone and they did nothing. Can't bloody win these clubs can they?!

Strap a pair on and deal with it....it's not like they did something terrible is it? If you like the club keep going. If you want to try another club do that.

over a year ago

Really?! They had a complaint so they investigated the complaint and dealt with it there and then and gave you your booze back and your peeved about it?!?

I suppose you'd be peeved if you had complained about someone and they did nothing. Can't bloody win these clubs can they?!

Strap a pair on and deal with it....it's not like they did something terrible is it? If you like the club keep going. If you want to try another club do that. "

It was the way they dealt with it that peeved me, not the initial complaint. Im concerned I may not be able to relax next time.

over a year ago

Strap a pair on and deal with it....it's not like they did something terrible is it? If you like the club keep going. If you want to try another club do that.

It was the way they dealt with it that peeved me, not the initial complaint. Im concerned I may not be able to relax next time. "

I was asked how much I'd had to drink etc which is obviously ok, but at front desk in front of other guests! That's what's made me uncomfortable.

over a year ago

I bet it was.

Without knowing all the circumstances its difficult to comment but could it be someone being malicious?"

I was thinking it could have been a person who had it in for her in some way .. People can do things like this. And come across all sorts in my years and some will do what ever to get at some people .. I would go have a word with club owner say how you feel .

over a year ago

I bet it was.

Without knowing all the circumstances its difficult to comment but could it be someone being malicious?I was thinking it could have been a person who had it in for her in some way .. People can do things like this. And come across all sorts in my years and some will do what ever to get at some people .. I would go have a word with club owner say how you feel . "

Maybe, guess I'll never know! Lol its a bit like the forum bullies..... You see the same ones jumping in to have a go!!!

over a year ago

I bet it was.

Without knowing all the circumstances its difficult to comment but could it be someone being malicious?I was thinking it could have been a person who had it in for her in some way .. People can do things like this. And come across all sorts in my years and some will do what ever to get at some people .. I would go have a word with club owner say how you feel .

Maybe, guess I'll never know! Lol its a bit like the forum bullies..... You see the same ones jumping in to have a go!!! "

Well don't you worry about others just be true to yourself and things will be ok you see . But I would have a word with club owner you like going there ... don't let them stop you ok. xx

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the clubs cant win in situations like this... act a bit too soon and people complain.... act a bit too late and everyone complains....

d*unk isn't sexy and its often a judgement call as to when d*unk is.... i'd rather they took that decision at "tipsy" or "squiffy".... than take that at "plastered" or "shitfaced"

remember that in the end, they are trying to act in your best interest.... I am never going to have a go at any club that preforms in effect an intervention.... and they did give you it back on leaving.....

over a year ago

"the clubs cant win in situations like this... act a bit too soon and people complain.... act a bit too late and everyone complains....

d*unk isn't sexy and its often a judgement call as to when d*unk is.... i'd rather they took that decision at "tipsy" or "squiffy".... than take that at "plastered" or "shitfaced"

remember that in the end, they are trying to act in your best interest.... I am never going to have a go at any club that preforms in effect an intervention.... and they did give you it back on leaving..... "

They gave it back immediately as it was obvious I wasn't d*unk. It's not the intervention that bothered me as much as the being questioned Infront of other members at front desk!!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

personally I think its a silly reason to change clubs, a few seconds embarrassment and no inconvenience.

over a year ago

"personally I think its a silly reason to change clubs, a few seconds embarrassment and no inconvenience."

Yes but because I've little confidence to start with (would love to grow a pair and be like you), it's made me feel silly!!

Anyway it's boring now. I've received some helpful advice, thanks x

over a year ago

"the clubs cant win in situations like this... act a bit too soon and people complain.... act a bit too late and everyone complains....

remember that in the end, they are trying to act in your best interest.... I am never going to have a go at any club that preforms in effect an intervention.... and they did give you it back on leaving.....

They gave it back immediately as it was obvious I wasn't d*unk. It's not the intervention that bothered me as much as the being questioned Infront of other members at front desk!!!

"

Don't give up going to that club as if its bitches getting at you in some way they win ........... You chat to club owner and just say how it made you feel and I hope they will see it was wrong doing it in front of people and maybe it will stop others getting this .. xx You don't have to get nasty or rude to owners just say you was a bit taken back how it was done .. xx

over a year ago

Just carry on regardless and don't worry about it . I sometimes seem d*unk because my epilepsy I slur my words occasionally .

I would maybe email the club if it would make you feel any better .

But good on them for dealing with it really , seems you are in safe hands there

over a year ago

Don't give up going to that club as if its bitches getting at you in some way they win ........... You chat to club owner and just say how it made you feel and I hope they will see it was wrong doing it in front of people and maybe it will stop others getting this .. xx You don't have to get nasty or rude to owners just say you was a bit taken back how it was done .. xx"

Thank you x

over a year ago

My own view for what its worth is that a member of the club could have spoken to her privately and formed their own judgment rather than embarrass her. There are ways and means of enforcing the rules without being heavyhanded.

Post new Message to Thread