Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

ADVENTURES OR ATLANTIS??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

we are thinking of goint to one of these clubs tomorrow night , 29th nov ,

as we have never been to either before can anyone give us some pointers please , OR if your going to either and want to meet up with a bifem couple please let us know xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ust Ms LovinWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

ive prefer adventures as I personally get along with the ppl better in there however both of the clubs are decent clubs read the reviews and decide both are worth a visit xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"ive prefer adventures as I personally get along with the ppl better in there however both of the clubs are decent clubs read the reviews and decide both are worth a visit xx"

Whatever you decide, have a fantastic night

By *arehamMan
over a year ago

handforth

If you like a sauna or a jacuzzi don't go to Atlantis they don't have one?.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

been to both and I preferred Adventures for the play areas

By *limandslenderCouple
over a year ago

stoke on trent

I'm on my way Adventures x

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"If you like a sauna or a jacuzzi don't go to Atlantis they don't have one?. "

Neither does Adventures

over a year ago

"If you like a sauna or a jacuzzi don't go to Atlantis they don't have one?.

Neither does Adventures "

Good point

By *ids_NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

And is still the case that once you've been to the one, the other won't let you in if they know you have?

over a year ago

"And is still the case that once you've been to the one, the other won't let you in if they know you have?"

That's certainly not the case at atlantis, wouldn't know about adventures

By *ust Ms LovinWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

Been refused entry at Atlantis I was a member as a single girl but go to adventures regularly wanted to show my boyfriend Atlantis he had Id but nothing with his address on was turned away Stoke is very lucky to have 2 decent clubs and the rivalry between the two is childish and such a shame that if u go to one ur not welcome to the other as both are very good clubs

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

It is a local authority requirement that clubs in Stoke on trent take name and current address ID.

That's how it should be really - it's about protecting everybody.

It is written into our license.

Cat X

over a year ago

"Been refused entry at Atlantis I was a member as a single girl but go to adventures regularly wanted to show my boyfriend Atlantis he had Id but nothing with his address on was turned away Stoke is very lucky to have 2 decent clubs and the rivalry between the two is childish and such a shame that if u go to one ur not welcome to the other as both are very good clubs "

Yes but as both you and I know, you weren't refused entry based on going to another club but on the basis your male friend didn't have ID with the right info on it.

This is required by law and personally I wouldn't want to go to a club that didn't ask for it, it's for mine and every other members safety

over a year ago

It is well documented that there are issues between the two clubs in Stoke on Trent, which is a great shame.

However, if you speak to 20 people from every club in the country you will be given 20 different views on each club, same with the reviews. Every club will have 'horror' stories being told about them which all about different people's opinions and views of those individual clubs.

For anybody wanting to try different clubs, yes it is a good idea to talk to people who have been before and read reviews, BUT I WILL ALWAYS ADVISE PEOPLE TO VISIT THE CLUB THEMSELVES.

Not everyone will like every club out there, some like 'wet' clubs, some like 'dry' clubs, some like a night club club, others like smaller clubs.

Every club has it's own characteristics and positives, but for you find out what they are you really need to visit it for yourself.

Hope this helps people

By *andC2013Couple
over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Have you tried going back with the correct ID ? I'm sure you will find you will be made most welcome just like everybody else.

We have been to a few clubs now and we expect to be asked for ID if we want to join the club - why would you expect to get into a club without ID it does nt make sense?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

as a 'helpful' addendum to my post above:

An extract from our license reads:

Annex 1 Mandatory Conditions

Conditions Consistant with the Operating Schedule.

Item 6. The Premises shall operate as a members only club.

Item 7. All members are 18 Plus.

Item 8. All new members must provide identification to verify their age and current address.

Without fail this is how we operate. It can be quite frustrating on the night if potential new members arrive and don't have proper ID - we realise this but we still cannot deviate from what the local authority requires us to do.

It seeks to protect everybody - that's really how it should be.

We are happy for any prospective new member to read the pertinant parts of the license at any reasonable time.

Cat X.

over a year ago

"as a 'helpful' addendum to my post above:

An extract from our license reads:

Annex 1 Mandatory Conditions

Conditions Consistant with the Operating Schedule.

Item 6. The Premises shall operate as a members only club.

Item 7. All members are 18 Plus.

Item 8. All new members must provide identification to verify their age and current address.

Without fail this is how we operate. It can be quite frustrating on the night if potential new members arrive and don't have proper ID - we realise this but we still cannot deviate from what the local authority requires us to do.

It seeks to protect everybody - that's really how it should be.

We are happy for any prospective new member to read the pertinant parts of the license at any reasonable time.

Cat X. "

Always good to know you're looking out for everyone's safely too, great club, great atmosphere, great hosts and always clean and safe

By *ids_NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

Can quite accept, and grateful that a proper id and membership is applied by any Club, regardless of if it's in their license. Nothing more annoying than undesirables pitching up late at night just Cus they want somewhere to get a drink, and then annoy everyone.

However, bit disturbing that being a member of one Club, could preclude membership of another. We are members of several, and have considered trying both the stoke clubs. We like to be able to visit different clubs, as they all hold different events or themes etc. Which means one night a particular Club might be more appealing than another. We enjoy all the club's we attend, and appreciate not only sometimes the different features(Jacuzzis, play rooms) but also the different atmosphere, which is often not just Club specific but down to the type of night etc.

Would be very much limiting if we found after attending one Club one week for a particular theme we liked we couldn't then attend the other Club the week after for an equally appealing theme, regardless of a view on which Club is better!

over a year ago

"Can quite accept, and grateful that a proper id and membership is applied by any Club, regardless of if it's in their license. Nothing more annoying than undesirables pitching up late at night just Cus they want somewhere to get a drink, and then annoy everyone.

However, bit disturbing that being a member of one Club, could preclude membership of another. We are members of several, and have considered trying both the stoke clubs. We like to be able to visit different clubs, as they all hold different events or themes etc. Which means one night a particular Club might be more appealing than another. We enjoy all the club's we attend, and appreciate not only sometimes the different features(Jacuzzis, play rooms) but also the different atmosphere, which is often not just Club specific but down to the type of night etc.

Would be very much limiting if we found after attending one Club one week for a particular theme we liked we couldn't then attend the other Club the week after for an equally appealing theme, regardless of a view on which Club is better! "

I think I responded to this above hun. Being a member of any Club doesn't preclude you from visiting atlantis. I can't comment on other club policies

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Can quite accept, and grateful that a proper id and membership is applied by any Club, regardless of if it's in their license. Nothing more annoying than undesirables pitching up late at night just Cus they want somewhere to get a drink, and then annoy everyone.

Would be very much limiting if we found after attending one Club one week for a particular theme we liked we couldn't then attend the other Club the week after for an equally appealing theme, regardless of a view on which Club is better! "

By *ongton loversCouple
over a year ago

stokeontrent

"If you like a sauna or a jacuzzi don't go to Atlantis they don't have one?.

Neither does Adventures "

They don't have showers either

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION has a shower.

over a year ago

Best idea is to visit them both and make your own mind up. We've been to both and had good nights at both

By *ongton loversCouple
over a year ago

stokeontrent

Yes try both while there's still both of them going, we're sure adventures will have a back up plan for new premises, unless they are still denying the clubs not being demolished, so let's hope team adventures let the good folk of fab share their future plans...

Post new Message to Thread