Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

False Reviews and misleading information

Jump to newest

By *hen the shark bites OP   Man
over a year ago

Bolton

Why do clubs give false information and get people to give reviews that are obviously misleading. After reading some very good reviews and being led to believe that every weekend.. "here" was the place to be, myself and a girlfriend from Fab decided to visit a pretty new local north west club, described as clean, well thought out, hmmmmmmm each to there own I suppose. Our main disappointment though was the lack of people, I counted around 16 other people, and this was on a saturday night. We spoke to another couple who said they were regulars and they informed us that this was pretty normal but it should pick up. This is NOT what was claimed in the reviews.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some of the reviews in the club section are laughable to say the least, theres one on from the weekend at our local, the poster has been barred from the club ages ago and its just sour grapes but people may read and believe the false review

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We treat all reviews here, on trip advisor or anywhere and I include verifications in that with a healthy dose of scepticism. The best thing to do is believe that half of it will be true.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I know that some clubs 'poach' reviews...so they may give incentives for good reviews? Some clubs also ask their friends to leave club reviews. People often as why we only have 500+ club reviews when we have been open nearly 10 years...that's because they are genuine, not incentivised and from real members. Some clubs are tons more and been open a short time...It is these that make me raise an eyebrow!

People should leave reviews based on a genuinely great experience that makes them want to share their nights fun with others...those that leave reviews after each event are not doing it for the right reasons.

Thankfully most people with common sense can see through this though.

People will also ask me about other clubs and tell them genuinely where we like to go...but I also say, don't make your final decision based on reviews...call the club, chat with the owners and go see for yourself. It's all part of the journey!!!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Club reviews.

They always come with a free pinch of salt and complimentary dose of cynicism as far as we're concerned!

Word of mouth and chatting to those who you can identify as visitors is far more useful.

Like prospective meets - why would you base a decision solely on someone else's feedback?

A

over a year ago

To be honest the whole review system is open to abuse, we see certain clubs use there staff and helpers to regular post, even to the point they use there other profiles.

We tend to look at the reviewers as well if they post very week then it's a biased review in general or if they are staff we would then take the review with a pinch of salt.

But we do think fab could do a better review system, maybe a rating score on facilities, cleanliness, enjoyment and maybe would you go again option.

over a year ago

We don't go too much by the review section, we have left reviews after a first time at a club if it's been not to our taste we tend not to leave one at all, but as had already been said we listen to people we trust

over a year ago

i would leave a review stating how i felt - even if it wasnt the best - that is what they are for isnt it

over a year ago

"i would leave a review stating how i felt - even if it wasnt the best - that is what they are for isnt it "

But you always risk getting attacked by the regulars and I'm of the mind that maybe it isn't the club maybe we are just not suited to it, that doesn't make it a bad club

over a year ago

"We don't go too much by the review section, we have left reviews after a first time at a club if it's been not to our taste we tend not to leave one at all, but as had already been said we listen to people we trust "
we are the same.. We wouldn't have gone to some clubs if we had gone on the reviews x

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"i would leave a review stating how i felt - even if it wasnt the best - that is what they are for isnt it

But you always risk getting attacked by the regulars and I'm of the mind that maybe it isn't the club maybe we are just not suited to it, that doesn't make it a bad club "

Then just leave a review stating that.

A good club can be down to the facilities, other attendees or just pot luck on the night.

Likewise so can a bad club! It should always just be a summary of your thoughts and experience of that night.

A

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

[Removed by poster at 22/10/14 17:59:45]

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Its not the clubs fault if there aren't the number of people you require to make it a good evening. I've had some of the best nights ever on quiet club nights, as its due to the quality, not the quantity of people.

The club review page should be just that - a page for reviewing clubs. When I visit a club I will comment on the facilities, cleanliness, rooms, bar, attitude of staff and so on. If its dead, with a few tumbles blowing through I MAY comment on numbers, but as that is not in the control of the club then its not usual for me to do so.

By *andcCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Perhaps only allow one review per member per club?

So you can leave another review but the old one will be deleted?

If you look at some of the club reviews the same people are reviewing all the time, this would stop this.

Also allow the club owners to come back on reviews, so they could answer, poor reviews or thank good reviews, much like hotel reviews etc..

over a year ago

A bit like the four in the bed system if its a shit experience i wont leave a review but then again i personaly dont need to leave a review@ times when i visit clubs to the ones i know as i woudnt go if i new they wasnt up to scratch its all very subjective the club experience

By *lutanddogCouple
over a year ago

Taunton

"Perhaps only allow one review per member per club?

If you look at some of the club reviews the same people are reviewing all the time, this would stop this.

Also allow the club owners to come back on reviews, so they could answer, poor reviews or thank good reviews, much like hotel reviews etc.."

Since Fabswingers updated the clubs section over a year ago they have now got it spot on.

If for example a club has 500 reviews showing then all 500 are from 500 verified profiles.

If a regular leaves a new review every week for example it will not be added to the 500 it just shows up as a new review and lasts for 4 days or so. it does not top up on top of the 500 number. So the system is very fair no one can top the original number up. And if a club has 500 reviews and they are all positive then they have come from 500 different profiles and you have to be guided by this as how can 500 profiles all be wrong.Clubs can not edit the reviews so they are 100% genuine. Our advice is if the reviews of a club is good go check it out as they cant all be wrong that is the whole point of the review system is to show you the clubs that are doing well and they are the ones that are not. I know that if there are two clubs been going for 3 years one has 500 reviews and the other has only 50 then there is a very good reason for this one club is doing well and one is not. Always pick the clubs with the highest reviews they are the best to attend every time just look how well chams are doing in Birmingham the reviews speak volumes. Take our advice we need there reviews to point us in the right direction and they giude us on the clubs that are busy and doing well. The system is spot on and it does not need changing. Don't touch something till its broke we say.

over a year ago

"i would leave a review stating how i felt - even if it wasnt the best - that is what they are for isnt it

But you always risk getting attacked by the regulars and I'm of the mind that maybe it isn't the club maybe we are just not suited to it, that doesn't make it a bad club "

ive read reviews by people that have said about a club - we have been here before and it was rubbish gave it a second chance and it was much better - and also vice versa comments - if i felt somthing was amiss one night and it hadnt been addressed at the time i would comment - i equally would praise if id had a problem and it was sorted -

By *lutanddogCouple
over a year ago

Taunton

But you always risk getting attacked by the regulars and I'm of the mind that maybe it isn't the club maybe we are just not suited to it, that doesn't make it a bad club

ive read reviews by people that have said about a club - we have been here before and it was rubbish gave it a second chance and it was much better - and also vice versa comments - if i felt somthing was amiss one night and it hadnt been addressed at the time i would comment - i equally would praise if id had a problem and it was sorted -

"

Look at chams 1300 people can not all be wrong

over a year ago

Look at chams 1300 people can not all be wrong"

i never said any club was bad - but if i had had a bad time i would say - ive had great times at club

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Also allow the club owners to come back on reviews, so they could answer, poor reviews or thank good reviews, much like hotel reviews etc..

Since Fabswingers updated the clubs section over a year ago they have now got it spot on.

If for example a club has 500 reviews showing then all 500 are from 500 verified profiles.

If a regular leaves a new review every week for example it will not be added to the 500 it just shows up as a new review and lasts for 4 days or so. it does not top up on top of the 500 number. So the system is very fair no one can top the original number up. And if a club has 500 reviews and they are all positive then they have come from 500 different profiles and you have to be guided by this as how can 500 profiles all be wrong.Clubs can not edit the reviews so they are 100% genuine. Our advice is if the reviews of a club is good go check it out as they cant all be wrong that is the whole point of the review system is to show you the clubs that are doing well and they are the ones that are not. I know that if there are two clubs been going for 3 years one has 500 reviews and the other has only 50 then there is a very good reason for this one club is doing well and one is not. Always pick the clubs with the highest reviews they are the best to attend every time just look how well chams are doing in Birmingham the reviews speak volumes. Take our advice we need there reviews to point us in the right direction and they giude us on the clubs that are busy and doing well. The system is spot on and it does not need changing. Don't touch something till its broke we say."

I agree with the new review system!! It meant that all of a sudden, some clubs dropped their reviews by hundreds but it was a fair review.

However, some clubs, in the past have given incentives for positive reviews on Fab and yes, they came from verified users etc...I am not actually doubting the credibility of the reviews either..I am sure the people had a good time, but the reviews were left to get something in return and thus the number of the reviews does not always mean that it is the best club. It is the quality of the reviews.

I still say go along to the club and make your own judgement though. We have had equally good and bad nights at the same club.

BTW...you refer to Chams and as far as I know, they have never offered incentives for positive reviews...it's genuinely a TOP venue

By *lutanddogCouple
over a year ago

Taunton

Look at chams 1300 people can not all be wrong

i never said any club was bad - but if i had had a bad time i would say - ive had great times at club "

The op says reviews are false we disagree with that fabs has it spot on with this and it works well.

over a year ago

We must admit we always looking at the club reviews not to check out different clubs but to laugh at the people ( most not all) avoid comments we see at certain clubs are from regulars from local clubs ( there veris say it all)

over a year ago

Ofcourse the clubs do their own reviews, same as product u see 5 star ratings from its by staff that does it lol.

over a year ago

Reviews are just opinions.

Now everyone has an opinion just like arsehole. (Excuse my French)

Just cos it's to some peoples taste or dislike does not matter. Everyone's taste are different.

If you want a true feel for a club visit yourself and make your own mind up!

Every one is different and will have good and bad points, but it's upto to to decide don't rely on hearsay.

We say this considering our first visit to Chams left us terrified! ( it was Monday bi night!- no laughing at the back cos we are both bi)

But we looked at the positives and have been every night of the week since.

We love the place.

It's the people who also make the night not just the club .

Don't go in with expectations.

We go to Chams and Abfabs. It's a night out, meet new people, talk with like minded people, make friends.

Unwind and relax.

If we have fun fun then great! But it's not the be all and end all or guaranteed.

False reviews yes are shit! But I think it would be difficult for site admin to review all and figure out who is fake and not.

If you don't like a club then don't go back.

Unsure about a first time at a specific club then ask your friends opinion or start a thread in the forum. And ask opinions.

Then make your own mind up

over a year ago

Personal experience if they don't like what you say, you get lynched! So basically only positives are welcome, i understand it may not be nice seeing a bad review about your club but everyone is entitled to their opinion

over a year ago

I'm quite happy to say what I think.. but normally do so direct to the clubs x

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Why do clubs give false information and get people to give reviews that are obviously misleading. After reading some very good reviews and being led to believe that every weekend.. "here" was the place to be, myself and a girlfriend from Fab decided to visit a pretty new local north west club, described as clean, well thought out, hmmmmmmm each to there own I suppose. Our main disappointment though was the lack of people, I counted around 16 other people, and this was on a saturday night. We spoke to another couple who said they were regulars and they informed us that this was pretty normal but it should pick up. This is NOT what was claimed in the reviews. "
. A review anything is only one persons opinion . ( whether it is this site or any other non sexual site ). As a previous poster said the only way to see what a club is like is to visit yourself . I usually ignore reviews and verifications .

By *andcCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire and London

If a regular leaves a new review every week for example it will not be added to the 500 it just shows up as a new review and lasts for 4 days or so. it does not top up on top of the 500 number. So the system is very fair no one can top the original number up. And if a club has 500 reviews and they are all positive then they have come from 500 different profiles and you have to be guided by this as how can 500 profiles all be wrong.Clubs can not edit the reviews so they are 100% genuine. Our advice is if the reviews of a club is good go check it out as they cant all be wrong that is the whole point of the review system is to show you the clubs that are doing well and they are the ones that are not. I know that if there are two clubs been going for 3 years one has 500 reviews and the other has only 50 then there is a very good reason for this one club is doing well and one is not. Always pick the clubs with the highest reviews they are the best to attend every time just look how well chams are doing in Birmingham the reviews speak volumes. Take our advice we need there reviews to point us in the right direction and they giude us on the clubs that are busy and doing well. The system is spot on and it does not need changing. Don't touch something till its broke we say."

The problem is that although they may not get added to the overall total, their views are still added, so if someone adds a review today and then tomorrow, they can give a distorted view as I don't want to read all the reviews and as they are the newest and therefore at the top this can distort the overall view.

The point is if you said it was great once why do you need to keep saying it? OK you may of attended a special party and want to make a comment, let them say it, just remove the other comment.

Another idea may be to show the results in another quick way so you don't have to actually read the write ups, so if you get 100 reviews show how many said ace, how many said OK and how many said avoid, as currently this is not possible without trawling through the reviews.

As with anything there's always a different opinion, just putting mine forward!

over a year ago

I left a negative review for a midlands club on here, was my honest experience, it was virtually empty on a few Saturday nights that I had attended. I wrote it because of the previous ten or so reviews only one wasn't from a club regular or an employee and all stated what a busy place it is every Saturday. I then received a vitriolic message from the owner and one from a club regular using my real name and expressing their disappointment that I had been so disloyal. Felt threatened by that and did report. Nasty stuff

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I actually think the review system should be anonymous as many people don't want to leave honest reviews in fear of repercussion. The only problem with this is that some clubs would leave negative reviews for other clubs out there...there are some dirty players on the scene believe me!!!! There's no point blocking club profiles from leaving reviews as many club owners have a club profile and a personal profile, like we do...some have LOADS of profiles for the purpose of these threads.

As I have said before, I always advise people to simply go to other clubs and see for themselves; reviews are a personal perspective and you may have your own perspective of a club.

By *ocalfunwestmidsMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

We went to a club last Saturday! Found it to be full of locals around 40 people in total, seems they had all played with each other at one time or another so it was incredibly clicky!!! Only one other cpl apart from ourselves was new to the place! And that's who we chose to play with only the staff spoke to us and one other cpl(locals) urging us to leave a great review of the club! Won't be going back in a hurry! Which is a great shame as the club is very good, just the unwelcomeing locals which spoilt it really. Still haven't left a review as wouldn't know where to start without offending said locals!!!

over a year ago

"We went to a club last Saturday! Found it to be full of locals around 40 people in total, seems they had all played with each other at one time or another so it was incredibly clicky!!! Only one other cpl apart from ourselves was new to the place! And that's who we chose to play with only the staff spoke to us and one other cpl(locals) urging us to leave a great review of the club! Won't be going back in a hurry! Which is a great shame as the club is very good, just the unwelcomeing locals which spoilt it really. Still haven't left a review as wouldn't know where to start without offending said locals!!!"

if you want to leave a review then telling the truth is fine! the clicky locals they regularly play togeather is promenant in most clubs when you are new to them, 2 visits and a bit of play later people might be looking at you in the same way??

By *ocalfunwestmidsMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Forgot to mention, every review from the club regulars is how fantastic it is! Well it might be if your in the click!!!

over a year ago

"Forgot to mention, every review from the club regulars is how fantastic it is! Well it might be if your in the click!!!"

Actually I'm quite prepared to tell any club I use on a regular basis if it wasn't for me.... But only if it was the club rather than lack of people I'd play with. Ie something that the club Its self needs to change. As its not a clubs fault If I Dont click with people there or its a quiet night /day x

over a year ago

You are on a hiding to nothing however you choose to review a club .

If you give it a glowing review when in reality it wasn't that good , you add to the misleading information and others attend based on your 'lies'.

If you are honest and say it wasn't great you ostracise yourself and find yourself getting abuse from the regulars .

Best bet is to ignore the club reviews , find out for yourself , expect the worst and any more is a bonus

over a year ago

"Why do clubs give false information and get people to give reviews that are obviously misleading. After reading some very good reviews and being led to believe that every weekend.. "here" was the place to be, myself and a girlfriend from Fab decided to visit a pretty new local north west club, described as clean, well thought out, hmmmmmmm each to there own I suppose. Our main disappointment though was the lack of people, I counted around 16 other people, and this was on a saturday night. We spoke to another couple who said they were regulars and they informed us that this was pretty normal but it should pick up. This is NOT what was claimed in the reviews. "

Hi guys. I think i know which club you're referring to and in my honest opinion it IS a really good club! No club can guarantee footfall - but the best thing to do if you want to see any club at it's busiest and best is to look at their events section and go on an organised event/party night! I do this and it works well for me!! Xx

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

we have noticed how bad reviews go missing ........plus same people time after time review the club how brill it is etcetc......friends and family spring to mind

By *angbang junkieCouple
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"we have noticed how bad reviews go missing ........plus same people time after time review the club how brill it is etcetc......friends and family spring to mind "

Yeah, we noticed all the negative one go missing. Fair enough if its bashing, or slagging off, but reviews just saying that it wasn't good seem to be removed.

Completely misses the point only good reviews are allowed.

That said, the best bet is to just try a plac regardless of what people say. We've only managed to find 2 clubs that we wouldn't go back to.

(and no, our reviews didn't last!)

over a year ago

A night out is what you make it, the reviews didn't make it a bad night, even with 16 people you can make it a good night,,, ,,

over a year ago

"we have noticed how bad reviews go missing ........plus same people time after time review the club how brill it is etcetc......friends and family spring to mind "

Sometimes, and I talk from experience, you get troll reviews, left by either fake profiles or people who are supporters of other clubs, who have not ever attended your party or event. You can ask to have these reviews removed, thankfully. If a person who has attended one of my events has an opinion and is truthful, all is good whether it is positive or negative. You can still learn a lot from negative reviews too x

over a year ago

We committed the cardinal sin of leaving a bad review of a north west club and put an avoid on it. My god not sure I would be keen to do that again had oodles of replys all negative every time I posted on forum if I dared venture outside the scottish forum. Owners attacked my character saying I was an agent of Satan who clearly worked for the competition. A club I have only been in 4 times. Had a lot of private messages telling me they supported me and agreed but didn't have nerve to do it publicly. Even had a list of six names sent to me saying this six will give you hassle and five of them did. Freedom of speech is a great idea till its about a dodgy club. Why is there an avoid button if we are made to feel it shouldn't be used

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think there are two different things going on here....

if you are reviewing a club on its facilities... thats fair, i would also say that if you are going to do that, then at least have a word with the club owners as well....

i don't think it is fair to review a club based on the footfall of people..... because even the best clubs may be busier some weeks than others... that is outside of a clubs control.....

as for groups of people talking together.... they probably do that because they know each other over time.... and talking is a two way street, you have to make as much effort talking to them as they do you

i know this is controversial... but i have said to newbie couples not to go in with other couples... because it in a way creates a bubble around yourselves......

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"We went to a club last Saturday! Found it to be full of locals around 40 people in total, seems they had all played with each other at one time or another so it was incredibly clicky!!! Only one other cpl apart from ourselves was new to the place! And that's who we chose to play with only the staff spoke to us and one other cpl(locals) urging us to leave a great review of the club! Won't be going back in a hurry! Which is a great shame as the club is very good, just the unwelcomeing locals which spoilt it really. Still haven't left a review as wouldn't know where to start without offending said locals!!!"

I went to a club that was very cliquey, and I said so on my review. If the clientele is what is driving away new people then the club needs to know.

over a year ago

"i think there are two different things going on here....

if you are reviewing a club on its facilities... thats fair, i would also say that if you are going to do that, then at least have a word with the club owners as well....

i don't think it is fair to review a club based on the footfall of people..... because even the best clubs may be busier some weeks than others... that is outside of a clubs control.....

as for groups of people talking together.... they probably do that because they know each other over time.... and talking is a two way street, you have to make as much effort talking to them as they do you

i know this is controversial... but i have said to newbie couples not to go in with other couples... because it in a way creates a bubble around yourselves......"

I generally find most of your posts very wise and considered , offering a balanced perspective , this one being no exception .

However , as some posters have said , they attend a club for the first time based on the consistent reviews saying how busy the club is on a certain night of the week . And when they go on this night it is dead ..... I agree it may not be entirely down to the club , but if the consensus from reviews is that it will be busy and it isn't , the reviewers are giving a false impression which the club goer is relying on . Shouldn't these reviews be removed ?

Is it not reasonable to have attended on a quiet night when you are led to believe it will be busy from the reviews , to leave a negative review based on this ?

Just an observation from a couple who have experienced this now and again , and would like to see an honest appraisal from club goers up and down the uk without reprisal

By *leepyangelCouple
over a year ago

over the hill and far away

I have visited many clubs on the North West and regularly leave reviews.

I do notice the same names popping up on them which are the regulars.

Sometimes clubs are clicky and the regulars only mix upon themselves. This can make visitors feel uncomfortable.

This is also due to poor hosting from the management who should be aware without being told and by the correct way of introducing and mixing of clientele could be avoided x

over a year ago

i just swing bout club to club variety is the spice ....

over a year ago

We must admit we always looking at the club reviews not to check out different clubs but to laugh at the people ( most not all) avoid comments we see at certain clubs are from regulars from local clubs ( there veris say it all) yes you have got it my club as had avoid form people that have not been to my club at any time you look for them on fab and there not on site or your blacked and I can say its hard to get fab to get the review off may be its a club that see your club doing to well so get people to have a go at your club

over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"We must admit we always looking at the club reviews not to check out different clubs but to laugh at the people ( most not all) avoid comments we see at certain clubs are from regulars from local clubs ( there veris say it all) yes you have got it my club as had avoid form people that have not been to my club at any time you look for them on fab and there not on site or your blacked and I can say its hard to get fab to get the review off may be its a club that see your club doing to well so get people to have a go at your club "

YES!!!! We had an avoid review from a couple earlier in the year who hadn't been for 18 months!! We keep records of membership numbers coming through the door, so when we saw the review commenting on a recent event, we were like...What?! lol The review system is abused all the time, so back to my original point, that people should just go to the clubs and judge for themselves rather than rely on the club reviews.

By *ot4ujoWoman
over a year ago

Eccles

Maybe a rating system like ebay would be good

Could be rated on decor cleanliness atmosphere etc

You stool leave a review a rating percentage would give a clear view

over a year ago

" YES!!!! We had an avoid review from a couple earlier in the year who hadn't been for 18 months!! We keep records of membership numbers coming through the door, so when we saw the review commenting on a recent event, we were like...What?! lol The review system is abused all the time, so back to my original point, that people should just go to the clubs and judge for themselves rather than rely on the club reviews. "

This!

over a year ago

Reviews on clubs should contain peoples views on the following....

Facilities

Cleanliness

Staff

Parking

NOT.....

Amount of people

Whether you were spoken to

Whether you played

Age of clientele

Its the club and its facilities that should be reviewed, all to often people expect a club to guarantee them a sociable, busy fun filled night when the bottom line is its what YOU make it !

over a year ago

"Reviews on clubs should contain peoples views on the following....

Facilities

Cleanliness

Staff

Parking

NOT.....

Amount of people

Whether you played

Age of clientele

Its the club and its facilities that should be reviewed, all to often people expect a club to guarantee them a sociable, busy fun filled night when the bottom line is its what YOU make it !

"

Totally agree on the above.

over a year ago

It can seem that people avoid leaving negative reviews thru fear of the locals getting out the pitchforks For me a negative review will not stop me attending a club if the positives out weigh the negatives, but i will discount a review at either end of the scale if it does not list reasons.

For example:

This club is terrible.

Usually means they didnt get laid.

This club is brilliant.

Usually means they did get laid.

The one thing to bear in mind is that it is different strokes for different folks, some like it busy, some find quiet is more intimate and less intimidating.... but i think you have to visit a place quite a few times as no club experience is ever the same twice, to draw a decent conclusion.

At the end of the day what would put us off returning to club is exactly what attracts others, like numbers of singles allowed as an example.

over a year ago

Facilities

Cleanliness

Staff

Parking

NOT.....

Amount of people

Whether you played

Age of clientele

"

We agree

By *ohnnjaneCouple
over a year ago

staffs/cheshire border

Facilities

Cleanliness

Staff

Parking

NOT.....

Amount of people

Whether you played

Age of clientele

We agree "

over a year ago

Facilities

Cleanliness

Staff

Parking

NOT.....

Amount of people

Whether you played

Age of clientele

We agree "

We agree with this but have been guilty of mentioning how busy a club was. It can be hard visiting a club regularly and having a good time, not to want to sing the clubs praises after each visit.

over a year ago

I think an avoid or negative review is fine if the person actually attended.. I have seen a few times reviews left by people at clubs where I know the person didnt attend..

ohhh and ones from single guys that are complaining because they didnt get laid..

I help out a lot with a club. If someone leaves a negative review I always make sure that it isnt missed by the owner.. as these things can be the things that regulars may not notice because they have a good time because they know lots of people.

its just malicious bad reviews that should be removed..

over a year ago

I left a negative review for a midlands club on here, was my honest experience, it was virtually empty on a few Saturday nights that I had attended. I wrote it because of the previous ten or so reviews only one wasn't from a club regular or an employee and all stated what a busy place it is every Saturday. I then received a vitriolic message from the owner and one from a club regular using my real name and expressing their disappointment that I had been so disloyal. Felt threatened by that and did report. Nasty stuff "

I find it very dissappointing when people can't leave an honest review about a club without getting hate mail. Do people really think that sending hate mail will get someone to change their minds????

I do remember a couple of years back a club that was getting a lot of mixed reviews, but honest reviews talking about the decor needing to be upgraded but the people there were really friendly, and alot of people were being bullied and victimised for their honest reviews.

Again do people actually think that sending hate mail will change a persons opinion about somewhere????

By *angbang junkieCouple
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"

I find it very dissappointing when people can't leave an honest review about a club without getting hate mail. Do people really think that sending hate mail will get someone to change their minds????

"

over a year ago

Club reviews should just be tick box system, or was club clean, was staff friendly and helpful, were cleaning materials to hand etc.

Too many club reviews talking about personal experience with i visuals they met, those should be for profile verification.

As with all club though, can never predict attendance, best to go and experience clubs yourself, form your own opinions

By *bapCouple
over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 11/11/14 18:59:13]

Post new Message to Thread