Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Single guys

Jump to newest

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

Does anyone else agree that too many single guys fail at the first hurdle .. Conversation skills .. So many seem unable to walk up and start a conversation, it's not a lot to ask. There is nothing worse than watching single guys staring like rabbits in headlights if you haven't got the nerve to come and say hi I'm xxx ... Then sorry you will go home without playing ... It's not rocket science or is it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

do we really need to talk?..lets just shag

over a year ago

Er er er dunno

over a year ago

I would have thought it to be a two way street....why is the expectation on the guy to come talk to you, why can't you do the approaching??

over a year ago

Another single guy thing yawn. I am sure its the same for couples and women.

By *--Cinders---Couple
over a year ago

a place near Blackpool

I think a lot of single guys are nervous and maybe they are waiting for someone else to say hi or smile, it is quite scary going to a club for the first time..

over a year ago

More single guy bashing....

over a year ago

I think as a couple its easier to give a smile or go and chat to a guy yourself if you like the look of him

Why expect them to do all the work?

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

and if they do approach does a new thread start ..oiii single guys ...dont be pushy ...if we want you we will find you !!

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

It's NOT single guys bashing .. It's trying to help single guys .. We get enough action thanks we feel sorry for the single guys sitting around nit getting any action and feel it would help.

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

"and if they do approach does a new thread start ..oiii single guys ...dont be pushy ...if we want you we will find you !! "

Not by us just trying to help begin to think it was a silly thing to do

over a year ago

"It's NOT single guys bashing .. It's trying to help single guys .. We get enough action thanks we feel sorry for the single guys sitting around nit getting any action and feel it would help. "

To be fair, it reads as a pretty cutting thread as opposed to helpful... perhaps you making an effort when you see someone looks nervous might be more helpful than posts like this?

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

"It's NOT single guys bashing .. It's trying to help single guys .. We get enough action thanks we feel sorry for the single guys sitting around nit getting any action and feel it would help.

To be fair, it reads as a pretty cutting thread as opposed to helpful... perhaps you making an effort when you see someone looks nervous might be more helpful than posts like this?"

Says someone whose been on fab for 6 weeks lol lol lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Does anyone else agree that too many single guys fail at the first hurdle .. Conversation skills .. So many seem unable to walk up and start a conversation, it's not a lot to ask. There is nothing worse than watching single guys staring like rabbits in headlights if you haven't got the nerve to come and say hi I'm xxx ... Then sorry you will go home without playing ... It's not rocket science or is it "

last I heard conversation was a 2 way street... so if you like the look of someone shouldn't you go up to them as much as they are suppose to come up to you.....

I know... radical thought!

over a year ago

"Does anyone else agree that too many single guys fail at the first hurdle .. Conversation skills .. So many seem unable to walk up and start a conversation, it's not a lot to ask. There is nothing worse than watching single guys staring like rabbits in headlights if you haven't got the nerve to come and say hi I'm xxx ... Then sorry you will go home without playing ... It's not rocket science or is it

last I heard conversation was a 2 way street... so if you like the look of someone shouldn't you go up to them as much as they are suppose to come up to you.....

I know... radical thought!"

over a year ago

A guy can be approached by a couple if they look like suiters must be intimidating for some guys approaching a couple seen many get told to go away but not in a pleasant manner

By *ohndelMan
over a year ago

Preston

Angie does have a point, I am not and never have been a hulk and can be quiet at times, however I am far more successfull in clubs when I start a conversation. Ok I have had a few knock backs, but on the other hand, I have left the other guys thinking, how did he do that, more than once, simply by starting a conversation.

Most, and I chose the word carefully, couples are fine to speak to, if approached in the right way.

Unfortunately some single blokes can get a bad press, by thinking if they follow people around, they will get lucky, doh .

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

FFS ... We go to clubs regularly we attend various events .. Single guys that can't approach people and talk struggle .. All we suggested they tried if all people want to do is criticise fine ...

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

"Angie does have a point, I am not and never have been a hulk and can be quiet at times, however I am far more successfull in clubs when I start a conversation. Ok I have had a few knock backs, but on the other hand, I have left the other guys thinking, how did he do that, more than once, simply by starting a conversation.

Most, and I chose the word carefully, couples are fine to speak to, if approached in the right way.

Unfortunately some single blokes can get a bad press, by thinking if they follow people around, they will get lucky, doh ."

Thank you xx

over a year ago

Really don't get all this single guy bashing that's going on at the moment.

Put yourself in their shoes, there they are all on their own in a club, how nervous do you think they feel? If they come and start chatting to you out of the blue they risk being called pushy!

Conversation is a two way thing, so what's wrong with a couple going up to a single guy and starting a conversion.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

[Removed by poster at 19/10/14 21:28:29]

By *akestimeMan
over a year ago

wirral

its more difficult than you think. You know whether or not you are going to have sex we can only hope we are going to have sex so we don't want to appear pushy. And the amount of times I have tried to speak to a couple and been treated as if they had stood in dog dirt. So try that a few times and im sure you will start to understand how hard it is to talk to a couple you don't know

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

This looks like another one of those threads that didn't go the way the OP had planned with some unexpected sympathy for her intended target....

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

"its more difficult than you think. You know whether or not you are going to have sex we can only hope we are going to have sex so we don't want to appear pushy. And the amount of times I have tried to speak to a couple and been treated as if they had stood in dog dirt. So try that a few times and im sure you will start to understand how hard it is to talk to a couple you don't know

"

We can only try and help there will always be morons that can't be polite when approached

over a year ago

"It's NOT single guys bashing .. It's trying to help single guys .. We get enough action thanks we feel sorry for the single guys sitting around nit getting any action and feel it would help.

To be fair, it reads as a pretty cutting thread as opposed to helpful... perhaps you making an effort when you see someone looks nervous might be more helpful than posts like this?

Says someone whose been on fab for 6 weeks lol lol lol "

What exactly does the amount of time we have been on here have to do with having the ability to be civil?

over a year ago

"I would have thought it to be a two way street....why is the expectation on the guy to come talk to you, why can't you do the approaching??"

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"Does anyone else agree that too many single guys fail at the first hurdle .. Conversation skills .. So many seem unable to walk up and start a conversation, it's not a lot to ask. There is nothing worse than watching single guys staring like rabbits in headlights if you haven't got the nerve to come and say hi I'm xxx ... Then sorry you will go home without playing ... It's not rocket science or is it "
. Good point but you are not always certain what type of reaction you will get if you walk up an attempt to start a conversation. Some like to be approached , others prefer to do the approaching . Might help if they wore badges indicating what their preferences were .

By *eepster69Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

Frankly feel sorry for single guys that have had dealings with the OP.

As others have said, it is far easier to go talk to someone when a couple than as a single person, male or female, at a club.

over a year ago

"I would have thought it to be a two way street....why is the expectation on the guy to come talk to you, why can't you do the approaching??"
100% right ty for taking the guy side

over a year ago

As a newbie to this site I can understand what the op is saying I went to a club the other week and as big as I am and in the real world quite confident !! I don't think it's to hard to chat to anybody I know it's a bit different outside a club but as long as your polite and your not drooling how hard is it there are only 2 answers in life yeah and nay oh and f..k off and your joking or are you serious forgot about them ones

By *ngie1962 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedford

"Frankly feel sorry for single guys that have had dealings with the OP.

As others have said, it is far easier to go talk to someone when a couple than as a single person, male or female, at a club."

Sorry mate you have just cemented many peoples attitude towards single guys "feel sorry for the single guys that have dealings with OP" sorry lol get a life mate we spend hours helping single guys in the club and the biggest issue MOST couples have is single guys following them around expecting sex. Wish we had never started this thread

over a year ago

"Frankly feel sorry for single guys that have had dealings with the OP.

As others have said, it is far easier to go talk to someone when a couple than as a single person, male or female, at a club."

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I do feel for single guys. They possibly have 2 people to connect with. He can't go in wrong as it will put the couple off. I do think it's easier for a couple to initiate chat as before they approach a guy they can check with their partner they think he looks good...

It is definitely a 2 way street. As a single lady I find it easier to chat to one person rather than a couple. It's a bit daunting even after 8 years on the scene. So totally understandable they can be nervous.

When you are on your own (guys or fems) you have no one to chat to unless you make conversation. A couple have each other. I admire the guys who chat at the bar. Did like the ones that only really chat with me once I am naked lol

Post new Message to Thread