FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Find this amusing and annoying at the same time!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

3 clubs in north west.

club 1 lots of great reviews then one odd negative one that following reviewers basically disclaimed....

Club 2 lots of great reviews then one odd negative one that following reviewers basically disclaimed....

The connection??? Said negative reviewers are regulars at the 3rd club and happen to be friends with owner/manager.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

We were in a club one night and a couple of women were going round telling everyone that the club was crap and that we should go to an other club that was so much better...

It was so obvious that was the only reason they were there... Pretty poor show really....

If your club needs to do that it must be lacking...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We were in a club one night and a couple of women were going round telling everyone that the club was crap and that we should go to an other club that was so much better...

It was so obvious that was the only reason they were there... Pretty poor show really....

If your club needs to do that it must be lacking..."

I would have told the staff so they could kick them out.

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Many look for and are comfty with different things..... Only way to find out really , is to go see for yourself.... We dont get involved with the ' you sld do this n that' attitude of some... We do what feels right for us. Even when asked and we say we like somewhere etc ... Always add try for yourself as we like it you may not

over a year ago

"3 clubs in north west.

club 1 lots of great reviews then one odd negative one that following reviewers basically disclaimed....

Club 2 lots of great reviews then one odd negative one that following reviewers basically disclaimed....

The connection??? Said negative reviewers are regulars at the 3rd club and happen to be friends with owner/manager."

Considering that there are clubs who have staff posting on the forums implying they are loyal customers who attend every week and who also leave regular reviews is it any real surprise that some clubs would leave negative reviews for rivals?

Club reviews need to be taken with if not a pinch of salt certainly a healthy dose of cynicism.

over a year ago

Well I was at club 1today (or 2 depending on how you look at it) and have always had great times there. Will get round to going to the other club but have no burning desire to go back to club 3.

over a year ago

Hmm interestin ....whats ur negativity with no 3 it always has fab reviews and fun ones too ...I appreciate all clubs maybe I am a bit of a mushroom a fun guy lol

over a year ago

"Hmm interestin ....whats ur negativity with no 3 it always has fab reviews and fun ones too ...I appreciate all clubs maybe I am a bit of a mushroom a fun guy lol

"

No way was i naming any club. I was using numbers instead of names and ive been to all 3 and enjoyed all 3.

Maybe with hindsight i should have used a, b, c.

The club you're referring to i haven't even got round to trying yet.

over a year ago

"Well I was at club 1today (or 2 depending on how you look at it) and have always had great times there. Will get round to going to the other club but have no burning desire to go back to club 3."

Well worked out missus

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

Im lost as to which is which lol

over a year ago

Which club? Makes it alot easier if u just spit it out i hate cryptix

over a year ago

"Which club? Makes it alot easier if u just spit it out i hate cryptix "

Sorry but i dont want to get a ban. The three clubs in question are irrelevant really it was the actions of the reviewers which i was pointing out.

over a year ago

I think it's a bit sad that clubs in certain areas pitch against each other. Yes I know they are businesses but its not exactly fun is it. Two clubs in a different area actually work together. They have slightly different admission criteria so if customers don't fit their criteria but fit the others they are signposted in that direction. Clubs working together is good for the customer.

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

Would it get you a ban

over a year ago

"Would it get you a ban "

I'm not sure that it would?? If you named certain members and bad mouthed them, maybe. But discussing the clubs by name wouldn't be ban-worthy I think. In my experience a hefty percentage of most club reviews are posted by friends, rellys and staff and they repeat review every week. Extending the period in which you cannot do another review for a particular club to 30 days would help with this

over a year ago

"I think it's a bit sad that clubs in certain areas pitch against each other. Yes I know they are businesses but its not exactly fun is it. Two clubs in a different area actually work together. They have slightly different admission criteria so if customers don't fit their criteria but fit the others they are signposted in that direction. Clubs working together is good for the

customer."

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think clubs in the same area could work together. One has a greedy girls night - the other has couples only and so on.

over a year ago

"We were in a club one night and a couple of women were going round telling everyone that the club was crap and that we should go to an other club that was so much better...

If your club needs to do that it must be lacking..."

Plenty of this goes on in our area, one club has even been issued with a cease & desist notification x

By *andyMooCouple
over a year ago

bedford

Plenty of this goes on in our area, one club has even been issued with a cease & desist notification x"

Ha ha ha.

I've heard it goes on but never at the club we frequent. As for a cease and desist order. Well I don't think that is even possible in the "swinging industry ". That's just fantasy

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"3 clubs in north west.

The connection??? Said negative reviewers are regulars at the 3rd club and happen to be friends with owner/manager.

Considering that there are clubs who have staff posting on the forums implying they are loyal customers who attend every week and who also leave regular reviews is it any real surprise that some clubs would leave negative reviews for rivals?

Club reviews need to be taken with if not a pinch of salt certainly a healthy dose of cynicism."

The only peoples reviews that matter to us is our own, and that's after 2 or 3 visits as 1 visit might just be an unlucky one off

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

I would have told the staff so they could kick them out. "

We did...

We have only been to one club that we would have warned people away from but it shut down not long after we had been there...

Clubs are very subjective, what works for one person, doesn't work for another. Doesn't make that club crap....

over a year ago

"I think clubs in the same area could work together. One has a greedy girls night - the other has couples only and so on. "

I think this... Instead of competing for the same clientele

By *oxy-blonde-vixenWoman
over a year ago

Peterborough

Personally I think all the bitching has to stop

In the end it's the clubs that suffer from it

It's beginning to put me off going to any

D x

over a year ago

The only real news is what someone doesn't want you to know. Everything else is advertising.

over a year ago

Yep subjective is word of the day lol a club is a club embrace all i do

over a year ago

"I think clubs in the same area could work together. One has a greedy girls night - the other has couples only and so on.

I think this... Instead of competing for the same clientele "

me too.. Would make my decision easier to make

over a year ago

think clubs need to lower prices for single males just sayin lol

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

Agreed, is kinda scandalous

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I've never understood why clubs don't alternate weekend night admission policies?

Singles (males) only tend to be admitted Fridays - couples and single females only on Saturdays and Fridays they're allowed in.

Surely they've realised now that many singles can't do Fridays and many couples can't do Saturdays, or may enjoy couples only in a Friday occasionally?

Can clubs not offer variety? Could local clubs not alternate to give more choice - e.g club A operates the standard model whilst club B offers the opposite?

Makes sound business sense!

A

over a year ago

"I think clubs in the same area could work together. One has a greedy girls night - the other has couples only and so on.

I think this... Instead of competing for the same clientele

me too.. Would make my decision easier to make "

Some clubs, the price quoted earlier in the thread was not representaive of all clubs, some of whom are far more reasonably priced

over a year ago

"I've never understood why clubs don't alternate weekend night admission policies?

Singles (males) only tend to be admitted Fridays - couples and single females only on Saturdays and Fridays they're allowed in.

Surely they've realised now that many singles can't do Fridays and many couples can't do Saturdays, or may enjoy couples only in a Friday occasionally?

Can clubs not offer variety? Could local clubs not alternate to give more choice - e.g club A operates the standard model whilst club B offers the opposite?

A"

I've been saying this for years. The clubs by us all admit single men on a Friday and mosy not on a Saturday. I don't understand why at east one doesn't change the policy.

By *andyMooCouple
over a year ago

bedford

"I've never understood why clubs don't alternate weekend night admission policies?

A

I've been saying this for years. The clubs by us all admit single men on a Friday and mosy not on a Saturday. I don't understand why at east one doesn't change the policy."

That's simple.

They are businesses.

This type of business has a very small pot of clientele to go for.

This crazy world we are in is getting more main stream and busier with more and more people joining the scene daily

Before long we will all see it regulated and acceptable in society then this kind of thing will not happen.

But until then let's all just ignore the politics of the few and have fun with the majority.

You have the power to have fun. Use it

over a year ago

Couplz nite r shit lol

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

We've been to 2 out of 3 clubs as owners say they prefer kitty cat

What a load of bollox.

If you visit leave an honest account of your visit, we do for every club we've been too and enjoyed all our visits

Not been to club 3 yet but who knows xxx

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Personally I think all the bitching has to stop

In the end it's the clubs that suffer from it

It's beginning to put me off going to any

D x"

I 100% agree.

While those customers/loyal club members are happily putting down the 'rival' club they don't seem to understand the damage they are actually doing to their favoured club.

It makes them look small and petty, there is plenty of business to go round and some of those adults could do with a bit of growing up.

over a year ago

A

I've been saying this for years. The clubs by us all admit single men on a Friday and mosy not on a Saturday. I don't understand why at east one doesn't change the policy.

That's simple.

They are businesses.

This crazy world we are in is getting more main stream and busier with more and more people joining the scene daily

Before long we will all see it regulated and acceptable in society then this kind of thing will not happen.

But until then let's all just ignore the politics of the few and have fun with the majority.

You have the power to have fun. Use it "

I'm sorry but I am totally missing your point?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

That's simple.

They are businesses.

I'm sorry but I am totally missing your point? "

Me too!

If clubs cooperated and alternated they'd appeal to a wider audience - thus bringing in more business!

Add other enhancements - 'try before you buy' membership, guest passes where you can bring one off visitors from far afield without joining, discount deals with local hotels (as one club already does!) - the opportunities are out there.

It just seems many are stuck in their ways.

A

over a year ago

A

That's simple.

They are businesses.

I'm sorry but I am totally missing your point?

Me too!

If clubs cooperated and alternated they'd appeal to a wider audience - thus bringing in more business!

Add other enhancements - 'try before you buy' membership, guest passes where you can bring one off visitors from far afield without joining, discount deals with local hotels (as one club already does!) - the opportunities are out there.

It just seems many are stuck in their ways.

A"

over a year ago

Sighhh.....

We have been to several different clubs, and enjoyed all of them bar one for many different reasons.

Theres good and bad in everything and saddly some of these clubs attract volunteer staff who are 'wannabe' club owners deep in thier fantasist mind who think they know better than the true owners

You then get the sad clingons who believe they are a 'special' addition to the club and make it what it is.

There is ALOT of power crazy fake ppl out there who believe that THEY make thier chosen club 'The Best'.

Get out more, enjoy whatever club you choose to visit, make friends, forget club politics and crack on with the fun side of life before you give yourselves and your chosen club a bad reputation.

Life is to short for pettyness.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"3 clubs in north west.

The connection??? Said negative reviewers are regulars at the 3rd club and happen to be friends with owner/manager."

Just read the reviews, so obvious they are not true. You never get 30 guys in a Saturday at Club 1, its always bloomin' couples!

Club 2 is too clean and hot tub sparkling, its too new.

Funny tho as club 3 has no atmosphere, the rooms are too small and the wet are needs a good clean, that's why I've not been there for months. They are struggling for business, so thought their bad reviews would put people off. Hope it backfires on them

over a year ago

Hmmm where are the 3 mystery clubs intrigued.......lol i may av to play the mystery shopper

this is very confusin lol

come on spill!!!

Post new Message to Thread