Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Clubs and I D

Jump to newest

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

My fb and I are looking into having our first time at a club. I've looked at several online in the east midlands and south east/London. I'm interested why a lot ask for various forms of ID? Is it for age verification or do they tend to keep things on file? She is quite paranoid about identity theft and what happens to her details.

Appreciate any info anyone has. Thanks

P

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They are members clubs, summat to do with licencing, so need a record of members. Same as social clubs.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/09/14 09:21:01]

over a year ago

Also a deterrent for scum reporters

over a year ago

most clubs are private member clubs and use it for security purposes only hunny to stop peeps pretending to be you and only the club n its staff have access to any of your details

over a year ago

I think its a legal requirement to do with their licencing. I have no probs with it - makes it safer I think.

By *andyMooCouple
over a year ago

bedford

It's because of the alcohol licence.

A private members club needs to hold a record of its members.

Best bet is find a club that has no licence and bring your own beer like Jaydees. They simply take a name on the door for fire regulations.

And it's always a good night out.

over a year ago

Its a legal requirement for private members clubs

However they are also bound by data protection laws too so they have to store your info securely, just like any bank, gym, etc that has your details

over a year ago

I had no problem giving my ID detils to the club I go to however when I was there on one occasion they had a large book on the bar and people were looking in it and it turned out that it was where they kept all the details of their members

Bit scary although we arn't doing anything illegal but I would rather my details be kept secret !

I am hoping that nowadays they keep them in a more secure area !

over a year ago

All private members clubs need to have a record of member and as has been said they are bound by the data protection laws.

Nothing to do with alcahol licence though lol.

Nothing to worry about though.

By *urekaPartiesCouple
over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Hi ya as most people have said it's a licensing law for private members clubs. He at Eureka we only record you name postcode and door number. These details are locked away securely at all times in line with data protection laws. Hope this helps

By *lovisMan
over a year ago

Twickenham

At most clubs people are happy to leave DNA samples though..

over a year ago

The other way to look at it is it's more security for you at least there is a record of everyone in the club

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"I think its a legal requirement to do with their licencing. I have no probs with it - makes it safer I think. "

over a year ago

As others have said it's because almost all swingers clubs are private members clubs and it's a requirement of entry.

As an aside, in London (and I suspect elsewhere) as a part of their licensing terms many vanilla nightclubs are scanning ID as a condition of entry

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

Thank you all so much. I'm sure we are one step closer and I might get to repay you for your help.

DNA samples. .. lol

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"As others have said it's because almost all swingers clubs are private members clubs and it's a requirement of entry.

As an aside, in London (and I suspect elsewhere) as a part of their licensing terms many vanilla nightclubs are scanning ID as a condition of entry"

Even the walkabout bar does this in Bournemouth at weekends!

A

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

It's a throw back to a bygone era.

And it surprises me how a supposedly free people are constantly asked to behave like cattle.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It's a throw back to a bygone era.

And it surprises me how a supposedly free people are constantly asked to behave like cattle."

Or just a system to ensure clubs know who is onsite to protect other customers?

A

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

From what? Jihadists?

over a year ago

"From what? Jihadists?"

Obviously not.

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

I understand the need for ID in a relatively timid and litigious modern society.

Just not the need for a membership process.

This discourages high quality and those with ability, for those who meet the criteria.

Usually being able to fill out the form.

*Obviously not just talking about swinging clubs.

over a year ago

I was surprised last month I went to chams as single woman didn't get asked for id at all, that was two nights one weekend and never been before or a member. They just let me in.must be because I'm a woman

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I understand the need for ID in a relatively timid and litigious modern society.

This discourages high quality and those with ability, for those who meet the criteria.

*Obviously not just talking about swinging clubs. "

So.

An unknown guy/female/couple goes to a club and an incident (assault/abuse/violence/d*unken behaviour etc) occurs. The person/people concerned have just given a name - any name - to the club, and have left the premises before they can be identified by the victim.

Result? No ability to prevent them revisiting. No ability to revoke membership. No ability to notify the police if necessary.

As opposed to a system where all of the above are possible via ID having been provided.

Is it not a perfectly reasonable request?

Do 'high quality' people not have ID or have something to hide?

A

over a year ago

You think we live in a timid society?

Sex crimes are soaring, clubs need to protect their members

over a year ago

"I understand the need for ID in a relatively timid and litigious modern society.

So.

An unknown guy/female/couple goes to a club and an incident (assault/abuse/violence/d*unken behaviour etc) occurs. The person/people concerned have just given a name - any name - to the club, and have left the premises before they can be identified by the victim.

Result? No ability to prevent them revisiting. No ability to revoke membership. No ability to notify the police if necessary.

As opposed to a system where all of the above are possible via ID having been provided.

A"

By *easehotelCouple
over a year ago

huntingdon,Cambridgeshire

So.

A "

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I guess the 'quality' and those 'with ability' are immune from being arseholes or criminals

How do you define high quality?

over a year ago

So what about gym membership, golf club membership, social club membership your against all of that too?

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"As an aside, in London (and I suspect elsewhere) as a part of their licensing terms many vanilla nightclubs are scanning ID as a condition of entry"

I've no problem with providing ID to get into a swingers' venue, for the protection and security it gives me and everyone else - sex is like money, wherever it may be available, there's a huge potential for far-reaching trouble!

However, I'll not be showing any ID to get into a vanilla bar/club anywhere else, thank you very much. It's a small step from that to being considered an outlaw if you don't have some sort of photo ID on you.

My forefathers fought and shed blood so that I don't have to present my papers upon demand.

over a year ago

The membership process (ie a basic form) is below people of a high quality.

The same high quality people who will go through a rigorous membership process if the club is elite enough to equal their quality. Killing Kittens has a demanding membership process (comparatively) but high quality people clamour for membership.

By *ogloom OP   Man
over a year ago

Levens

I guess the 'quality' and those 'with ability' are immune from being arseholes or criminals

How do you define high quality? "

I don't disagree at all.

But tongue in cheek. .. or somewhere else....

'Those with quality and ability should take those with criminally good arseholes and give them a right good seeing to. '

By *AMES19620Man
over a year ago

newport

Apart from swing clubs I don't have a problem ie gym ... Library.... Working man's club ... Snooker club etc

I go to gay saunas as well but never asked for ID especially Newport and on certain evenings becomes swing club then I have to show ID

I like to keep my sex life private from work and keep them seperate yes I am fully aware of data protection act which over the last couple of years have been abused by the press and such like

There are a criminal element that don't care about data protection .... As one person stated on here weather true or not the members book was left on the bar ... Now that worries me indeed ..... Data protection only works in a controlled business with set legalities and practises

over a year ago

"You think we live in a timid society?

Sex crimes are soaring, clubs need to protect their members"

It wasn't so long back a woman was raped in a club, if noone gave ID how do the clubs report such incidences to the police?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"As an aside, in London (and I suspect elsewhere) as a part of their licensing terms many vanilla nightclubs are scanning ID as a condition of entry

I've no problem with providing ID to get into a swingers' venue, for the protection and security it gives me and everyone else - sex is like money, wherever it may be available, there's a huge potential for far-reaching trouble!

However, I'll not be showing any ID to get into a vanilla bar/club anywhere else, thank you very much. It's a small step from that to being considered an outlaw if you don't have some sort of photo ID on you.

My forefathers fought and shed blood so that I don't have to present my papers upon demand.

"

Do you drive?

The police request 'papers' from drivers all the time 'on demand' - as they should. It prevents unlicensed and uninsured arsehole drivers from being on the road!

Producing ID in clubs prevents arsehole visitors from being unidentifiable and revisiting.

The same is true in vanilla clubs and bars. If there weren't so many arseholes around there'd be no need. But that'll never happen.

Production of ID is a small price to pay for safety - not a hidden 'big brother' agenda!

A

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

God forbid if there was a fire at a club and people were killed or badly injured ... Hopefully there would be a record of people in attendance?

Again it comes down to " if you have nothing to hide then you don't have to worry"

By *arriorMonk60Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

Be imaginative,make your own ID cad by adapting your driving license

Post new Message to Thread