Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Building a club. What would you espect?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone. I was wondering what people think the essentials are for a good club.

Do people like the social side as well as the swinging?

Do you like a good party aswell as getting jiggy.

Hot tubs and swinging pools a must?

Big rooms or small rooms?

Membership or pay per visit?

I'm sure you get my drift.... All advice would be great as we are hoping to build a club

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Firm foundations and a roof would be a good start

over a year ago

We may have secured a old aircraft hanger. So hopefully the foundations and the roof would be strong enough

over a year ago

"Hi everyone. I was wondering what people think the essentials are for a good club.

I'm sure you get my drift.... All advice would be great as we are hoping to build a club

Thanks "

Strongbow

By *corpio BrowneMan
over a year ago

London

If you build it , they will cum .

over a year ago

Be prepared for lots and lots of red tape, got friends who had a club, was a nightmare at times

Sadly, its gone now

over a year ago

I was thinking strongbow on tap!!! Would need a few people to help is use a barrel tho. Apparently we would have a slim chance of getting a licence tho. Il have the ice and fridges at the ready tho, so bring you own ??

over a year ago

Iv heard about different laws. We have a few plans about sound proofing and causing minimum disturbance to people. The idea is the general public wouldn't be disturbed. Thanks tho

over a year ago

Hi thrill, yep it was such a nice little place, out of the way but the local council made it so hard they gave up

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/09/14 14:27:29]

over a year ago

Some counties won't give licences to anything sex based so check first x but good luck

over a year ago

Thanks little. Yeah they appear to be a pain. Just keep our fingers crossed

over a year ago

A private sheltered area for smoking that is comfortable and heated in the winter.

'Private' would be the most useful, rather than located outside the main door where anyone is free to mosey by.

I left a club early last night due to such an issue. Groups of lads from the hotel next door hotel sniggering out loud as they walked past me.

After the third time I felt so uncomfortable I departed and won't return there.

over a year ago

"Some counties won't give licences to anything sex based so check first x but good luck"

There is such a thing as a Temporary Event Notice. Where anyone may hold up to 12 events per year in a certain place and sell alcohol, play music etc etc. you apply to the local council and send copies to the local police. The only grounds for objection are if it would cause a disturbance of the peace, i.e. violence or lots if noise. This is how village days etc are able to have beer tents and wedding organisers can sell alcohol at the wedding if that's what the couple wish

over a year ago

Ah now that's a good idea. Didn't realise that licence was available Thankyou!!! T sorry to hear you had the leave a club early I will take the smoking area into consideration

over a year ago

"Hi everyone. I was wondering what people think the essentials are for a good club.

Do people like the social side as well as the swinging? Yes a good lounge area, pool table too

Do you like a good party aswell as getting jiggy. Not overly fussed for party nights, but they get busy so good for business

Hot tubs and swinging pools a must? YES YES YES

Big rooms or small rooms? a mix of both but more smaller rooms rather than a few big ones

Membership or pay per visit? Pay per visit

Thanks "

over a year ago

Decent showers, changing rooms and lockers!

over a year ago

Should it be expect

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Warm pool/hot tub.

Big shower area.

Big rooms and smaller ones.

Stable doors on aller rooms. Bottom bit is watch but don't come in unless invited. All closed then don't come in

Kitchen roll and anti bac spray

Dance area

Sofas for chilling out on

plenty of space and seats

Lots of beds for play

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Air conditioning,

Large hot tub/jacuzzi,

Plenty rooms, with large beds,

well equipped dungeon,

open play areas,

pool table,

secure, outdoor, heated smoking area.

Large changing rooms,

Large shower areas,

cleaning products in rooms.

Regular GUM clinic at the club, for those who are too worried about visiting one.

over a year ago

"Hi thrill, yep it was such a nice little place, out of the way but the local council made it so hard they gave up"

Was that meant for me?

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Decent showers, changing rooms and lockers!"

This!

And also air con, nothing worse than having to end a fun session early due to it being too hot!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

free platinum membership for anyone called Sam

over a year ago

If your thinking of building a swinging club try building one hastings area I will be a regular, there isnt anything this end.have to travel over 60miles to my nearest

best to do your homework go visit a few different clubs to get ideas.most of the thread says few pointers

over a year ago

Wet facilities are a must for me...jacuzzi, pool, sauna, steam room

Variety of rooms....some with mirrors or viewing windows, some private....all with lockable doors.

Separate changing rooms for men, women & couples (could combine couples & women) with secure lockers & showers

Free condoms available in all rooms & public areas.

Public play areas (couples room, orgy room, open play areas)

Outdoor space is good with maybe an outdoor hot tub

Good social space to chat & get to know people.

over a year ago

Thanks "

I suppose you could start with what you have liked and disliked about clubs you've been to and build from there around others experiences, I know some people who own and run clubs have been on tours of lots of other places to see what works and doesn't work and if you're not setting yourselves up in rivalry to them, I'm sure some people will be more than happy to pass on tips about how they have managed with the legalities and how some things are more trouble than they're worth...

For us, a hot tub or pool is a must, social areas as I'm reluctant to go to clubs that insist you undress on entering, good lockers and private play rooms along with public areas

over a year ago

Thanks "

Blimey..Me too!

Nowhere near Doncaster I hope?

over a year ago

"I was thinking strongbow on tap!!! Would need a few people to help is use a barrel tho. Apparently we would have a slim chance of getting a licence tho. Il have the ice and fridges at the ready tho, so bring you own ??"

An ice-cold Strongbow plunge-pool next to the hot-tub, to cool down in... ...and a no-drinking in the plunge-pool policy...

over a year ago

"Should it be expect"

Oohhh.... glad to see another spelling and grammar snob like me, ha ha ha.

As to the club, better changing rooms and shower facilities would attract us.

(Also a range of themed playrooms?)

X

over a year ago

My ideal club would have a large easy to access car park to start with

Have a social area where you don't have to get changed until your ready.

A nice dungeon and a frame swing

A dj and dance floor

Huge hot tub but salt water rather than chlorine

Lots of private rooms with sheets and ample towels to change on each visit to the room rather than rubber beds

Outside play area for those non smokers who also like fun outside

Limited specially selected single guys on most nights.

Special event parties/ dress up themes

Plenty of toilets and showers, private showers with enough room for 2 or more would be great too

over a year ago

"I was thinking strongbow on tap!!! Would need a few people to help is use a barrel tho. Apparently we would have a slim chance of getting a licence tho. Il have the ice and fridges at the ready tho, so bring you own ??"
Too far to carry it

over a year ago

lots of people into anal so would love a proper douch/bidet,

also roaming staff, stepping in when the idiots push the boundaries,

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

"Ah now that's a good idea. Didn't realise that licence was available Thankyou!!! T sorry to hear you had the leave a club early I will take the smoking area into consideration "

To be fair, why would you even post on here when you haven't even already done mountains of "quiet" homework on the subject??

Canvassing for opinion is fine but it costs nothing to do some simple research.

You have one chance to make a first impression, and yours is now of someone who's just had a quiet lunch hour, been doing a few sums in their head while eating a cheese and pickle dab which and thought "I can do that"....

There are previous threads on this, start there. No one knows your reading them, then when you come on canvassing for opinions you'll appear to have a clue what your talking about.

D

over a year ago

"Ah now that's a good idea. Didn't realise that licence was available Thankyou!!! T sorry to hear you had the leave a club early I will take the smoking area into consideration "

You're going to need much better knowledge of licences: Alcohol, entertainment, sexual venue, sexual entertainment, and all the extras that come with those as just a start

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

[Removed by poster at 08/09/14 19:44:17]

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

"Ah now that's a good idea. Didn't realise that licence was available Thankyou!!! T sorry to hear you had the leave a club early I will take the smoking area into consideration

You're going to need much better knowledge of licences: Alcohol, entertainment, sexual venue, sexual entertainment, and all the extras that come with those as just a start"

you said it so much better than me.

D

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"If you build it , they will cum . "

er, not necessarily.

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Air conditioning,

Large hot tub/jacuzzi,

Plenty rooms, with large beds,

well equipped dungeon,

open play areas,

pool table,

secure, outdoor, heated smoking area.

Large changing rooms,

Large shower areas,

cleaning products in rooms.

Regular GUM clinic at the club, for those who are too worried about visiting one.

"

All good stuff, but all pales into insignificance when compared to the most important element to any club, namely WHO (not what) you have, especially in "front-of-house". The person who meets and greets, gives a first impression and makes a guest feel welcome is the biggest key to success or failure. I can think of club owners / managers who felt that any "punter" was fair game to their own personal lusts. Likewise I can remember owners who would argue and fight in front of members. On the other hand I can think of owners who have become legends for their friendliness and welcoming of people to their clubs. Guess which clubs have folded and which are resounding successes as a result of such characters?

At the end of the day, your club will be a people thing. The people who you have to run the club far outweigh the value of the "things" that you have to offer.

over a year ago

"free platinum membership for anyone called Sam "

By *ip73Man
over a year ago

Stanwell

Good transport links and bi events on the weekend

over a year ago

Hi guys. Thanks for all your inputs. We will take all these into consideration when starting everything up. We would hope to be up and running for a New Year's Eve party

over a year ago

Seperat room for pee play enough for 10 15 ppl an lots of water

over a year ago

"Hi guys. Thanks for all your inputs. We will take all these into consideration when starting everything up. We would hope to be up and running for a New Year's Eve party "

Your license applications will likely take longer than three months to be approved, unless you mean new years eve 2015/2016

over a year ago

Panda, sorry darling I'm not upto date on the licence side of things. However one of our partners will be dealing with all this. So I suppose we might have abit of a set back. Worse case surely we can open for free on New Year's Eve. Then it would just be like any other private house party wouldn't it?

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Decide whether you're going to get licensed for alcohol or simply have people bring their own which you label and serve back to them.

Many people prefer the latter cos it's cheaper and they can have exactly what they prefer to drink. However, in my experience, more people are under the influence if they're drinking their own booze.

Make sure the smoking area is a generous size as it's often the case that non-smokers go there for the craic and to get out into cooler air.

Personally I prefer clubs with a good sized social area and where I can attend clothed instead of dressed down to lingerie. Even more so when the dress code is anything smart and clean but also happily encourages those who want to opt for lingerie or nude - I like the mix, but find (as a single female) that being able to wear whatever encourages single women to attend. Not all of us are comfy in just knicks, especially on a first visit.

I like clubs that encourage single men but who take a lot of time to explain the rules. And to enforce them, have staff available and recognisable in all areas of the club to deal with any issues before they become a problem.

Have a good mix of play rooms including invite only, lockable, open to all and with windows.

I like a dancefloor and good music too.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Oh, and have a non members night perhaps once a month so people can try before they have to get membership - it can be expensive to pay upfront for a year if you're not sure if it's for you. Just make it guestlist only and have people sign up in advance so you know who will be attending and also so people have to put a little thought into attending.

over a year ago

"Panda, sorry darling I'm not upto date on the licence side of things. However one of our partners will be dealing with all this. So I suppose we might have abit of a set back. Worse case surely we can open for free on New Year's Eve. Then it would just be like any other private house party wouldn't it? "

Your council will likely see that as a commercial venture even if its free not a house party and will not be impressed

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"Should it be expect

Oohhh.... glad to see another spelling and grammar snob like me, ha ha ha.

"

Same here, but seriously, when I see businesses with signs and promo material written by someone who cannot spell or punctuate properly, I naturally wonder whether their hygiene regime, safety regs etc are being handled in the same slapdash manner. How long does it take to proof-read something you are using to generate money?

(Oh, and I realise some people are dyslexic, but if that's the case then someone else should be doing the written stuff, in the same way you don't make a blind man your driver.)

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"Seperat room for pee play enough for 10 15 ppl an lots of water "

A piddling pool?

over a year ago

Devil Thankyou for your ideas. Wolf, I suppose it's a good job I won't be doings any of the signs or writing info then

Oh dear don't wana annoy the local council do we. Suppose it might be next new year then lol

We will see soon anyway. Thanks everyone!!!

over a year ago

Always thought an ex cold war nuclear bunker would make a great club, usually out of the way, discreet, sound proofing would not be an issue.

Personally we would like a area made like an Arabian tent with huge pillows and draped ceilings.

A proper lounge like in a gentleman's club complete with leather chairs, fire place and bookcases.

A disco room. A room under a room with a glass ceiling /floor for those who fancy some upskirt action. Plus all the usual stuff.

And finally a carry on room where you are only allowed to communicate via double entendre.

Oooerrrrr missus

over a year ago

"Some counties won't give licences to anything sex based so check first x but good luck"

Swinging is not a licenceable activity! x

over a year ago

"Some counties won't give licences to anything sex based so check first x but good luck

Swinging is not a licenceable activity! x"

Swinging as an activity isn't, but a venue for sexual purposes is. Things like massage parlours, strip clubs and escort services all have a license to grant them permission to operate a sex based business. All businesses have some associated licensing. Dancing isn't a licensable activity but if you want a DJ to okay tunes in a venue, you need an entertainment license. They also extend to things like operating hours, the businesses responsibility for noise control etc and act as an auditing device

over a year ago

"Some counties won't give licences to anything sex based so check first x but good luck

Swinging as an activity isn't, but a venue for sexual purposes is. Things like massage parlours, strip clubs and escort services all have a license to grant them permission to operate a sex based business. All businesses have some associated licensing. Dancing isn't a licensable activity but if you want a DJ to okay tunes in a venue, you need an entertainment license. They also extend to things like operating hours, the businesses responsibility for noise control etc and act as an auditing device"

You need a licence for music and the sale of alcohol, a premises licence or not if a private club. You are not selling sex as a commodity at a swingers club. The swinging is a by product of like minded sociable people. You don't pay to have sex! If you are lucky enough to meet someone you click with and want to take things further then that is a mutual agreement between the people involved. Some people go to clubs and don't have sex!!! That is why a licence is not needed for that specific activity.

By *loydandlucyCouple
over a year ago

newcastle

The biggest thing you need is change of use.. with out it its just going to stay a air craft hanger ..

over a year ago

Swinging as an activity isn't, but a venue for sexual purposes is. Things like massage parlours, strip clubs and escort services all have a license to grant them permission to operate a sex based business. All businesses have some associated licensing. Dancing isn't a licensable activity but if you want a DJ to okay tunes in a venue, you need an entertainment license. They also extend to things like operating hours, the businesses responsibility for noise control etc and act as an auditing device

You need a licence for music and the sale of alcohol, a premises licence or not if a private club. You are not selling sex as a commodity at a swingers club. The swinging is a by product of like minded sociable people. You don't pay to have sex! If you are lucky enough to meet someone you click with and want to take things further then that is a mutual agreement between the people involved. Some people go to clubs and don't have sex!!! That is why a licence is not needed for that specific activity. "

Having worked in a swinger club and a lap dancing club and talked about these things with the managers, the premises have to be granted a licence as a sexual venue, in the same way a takeaway needs to be granted a licence to be used as a takeaway and not someone's front room. Its not the activity, its the building. Its largely jumping through council hoops but its necessary.

over a year ago

I may be wrong here but I seem to remember that if you are selling alcohol you will need to have security cameras (which puts some punters off) and it also gives the police right of entry

By *enuinetallstuMan
over a year ago

nr beauly

You need a licence for music and the sale of alcohol, a premises licence or not if a private club. You are not selling sex as a commodity at a swingers club. The swinging is a by product of like minded sociable people. You don't pay to have sex! If you are lucky enough to meet someone you click with and want to take things further then that is a mutual agreement between the people involved. Some people go to clubs and don't have sex!!! That is why a licence is not needed for that specific activity.

Having worked in a swinger club and a lap dancing club and talked about these things with the managers, the premises have to be granted a licence as a sexual venue, in the same way a takeaway needs to be granted a licence to be used as a takeaway and not someone's front room. Its not the activity, its the building. Its largely jumping through council hoops but its necessary. "

I have to jump in finally having chuckled at so much half truths, cobblers and fantasy information . Having run a fully licenced venue for swingers AND chaired the licence committee for 4 years, any premises licenced since the current legislation since 2005/6 you have only 2 options , a PRIVATE CLUB , which cannot run for profit OR a premises licence . It ONLY needs a sexual licence if there is ANY direct relationship between the payment of money and any sexual service or entertainment, swinging DOES NOT fall under this category , I guess if you think about it a travel lodge / hotel would be as likely to need it.....so I hope that clears it up ? Yes the police can enter but in 4 years we had 1 visit and he stayed for a drink ! The premises licence covers playing and performing music, entertainment and sale and supply of alcohol .

By *enuinetallstuMan
over a year ago

nr beauly

P.s. We digress from the original posting

By *layingkitty69Woman
over a year ago

DONCASTER

Having worked in a swinger club and a lap dancing club and talked about these things with the managers, the premises have to be granted a licence as a sexual venue, in the same way a takeaway needs to be granted a licence to be used as a takeaway and not someone's front room. Its not the activity, its the building. Its largely jumping through council hoops but its necessary.

I have to jump in finally having chuckled at so much half truths, cobblers and fantasy information . Having run a fully licenced venue for swingers AND chaired the licence committee for 4 years, any premises licenced since the current legislation since 2005/6 you have only 2 options , a PRIVATE CLUB , which cannot run for profit OR a premises licence . It ONLY needs a sexual licence if there is ANY direct relationship between the payment of money and any sexual service or entertainment, swinging DOES NOT fall under this category , I guess if you think about it a travel lodge / hotel would be as likely to need it.....so I hope that clears it up ? Yes the police can enter but in 4 years we had 1 visit and he stayed for a drink ! The premises licence covers playing and performing music, entertainment and sale and supply of alcohol ."

What about a DPS license too .

over a year ago

Some more great ideas thanks guys. We have already looked into the bunker thing. The problem usually is entrance. And if you find one that has a good entrance and parking then they usually cost a lot of money. That doesn't mean we haven't thought about possibly building a club that is half under ground and half above ground this solution come from the idea of the bunkers. The rough design ended up looking like what most people would consider a teletubies house! This plan is still a option but we need to find the right amount of land to build on. Oh and check the water table!!! as for a drinks licence I think we would only sell soft drink aswell as tea and coffee. We also want to have plenty of parking at the club without having to disturb neighbours etc. Thanks everyone for your ideas

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

From what I have read here, you need to go back to the drawing board. You need to gather your team, look at the skills you have between you, do a SHIT LOAD of research into running a swinging club and then decide if you have it in you.

No disrepect but so many people think that it's easy to run a club...it isn't. It's not like opening a house up for a party or opening a pub up for drinks. It is so much more and you will not believe the hoops you will have to jump through to get permission from the council and licensing to run a club.

Don't set yourself up to fail. Do all of the leg work now and get a real feel for how the place is going to run. Sit across the table with the council and before you disregard an alcohol licence, sit across the desk with the licencing guys and the police too.

The more open you are about your activities, the more help you will get from the authorities. Make them your friends and allies.

When you look into every little detail, you will realise that this game is a HUGE amount of work. The TEN notice that somebody mentioned earlier for the temporary sale of alcohol....just look at that form online and when you get to the 21st page, you may realise what you are up against.

It's great getting ideas about what to put in a club, but get the foundations right first, otherwise I give you 3 months and you will be closed.

This is friendly advice from somebody who works 80-90 hours a week running a club and has gone grey over the last 4 years!

Vicky xxx

over a year ago

Here's a suggestion what about a swingers club in the trees.

Stick with it don't run off yet lol

Buy a small wood or copse ok u may not get permission to build permanent structures but what about tree houses with bridges.

Think horny ewoks.

Be secluded and very different or a swingers club on a boat moored in say Portsmouth Harbour.

An ex navy vessel?

Or one of the forts in the solent?

By *enuinetallstuMan
over a year ago

nr beauly

"From what I have read here, you need to go back to the drawing board. You need to gather your team, look at the skills you have between you, do a SHIT LOAD of research into running a swinging club and then decide if you have it in you.

No disrepect but so many people think that it's easy to run a club...it isn't. It's not like opening a house up for a party or opening a pub up for drinks. It is so much more and you will not believe the hoops you will have to jump through to get permission from the council and licensing to run a club.

Don't set yourself up to fail. Do all of the leg work now and get a real feel for how the place is going to run. Sit across the table with the council and before you disregard an alcohol licence, sit across the desk with the licencing guys and the police too.

The more open you are about your activities, the more help you will get from the authorities. Make them your friends and allies.

When you look into every little detail, you will realise that this game is a HUGE amount of work. The TEN notice that somebody mentioned earlier for the temporary sale of alcohol....just look at that form online and when you get to the 21st page, you may realise what you are up against.

It's great getting ideas about what to put in a club, but get the foundations right first, otherwise I give you 3 months and you will be closed.

This is friendly advice from somebody who works 80-90 hours a week running a club and has gone grey over the last 4 years!

Vicky xxx"

;-) spot on xx

over a year ago

"From what I have read here, you need to go back to the drawing board. You need to gather your team, look at the skills you have between you, do a SHIT LOAD of research into running a swinging club and then decide if you have it in you.

Vicky xxx"

Post new Message to Thread