Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Chameleons membership

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I went to the website and in the FAB section it tells you to refer to the membership section regarding the cost but there is nothing there at all.

Can anyone tell me the cost of a single female membership please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think for a single fem its like £8

For a single guy its £77

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/14 17:04:19]

over a year ago

Single ladies membership is free and entrance is £8 Sunday to Friday and entrance is £10 on Saturday.

over a year ago

Membership for a single female is free. Then it's £8 entry fee except on a Saturday when entry is £10.

Hope this helps

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/14 17:05:46]

over a year ago

"Single ladies membership is free and entrance is £8 Sunday to Friday and entrance is £10 on Saturday."

Well done Annie. Are you there later?

over a year ago

Oh fabulous thank you!!

over a year ago

"

For a single guy its £77 "

Pardon..?? Seriously....??? Jeez...

over a year ago

"

For a single guy its £77

"

It does seem a lot but I'm not sure how accurate that is!

over a year ago

And for couples can anyone help please ? Xx

over a year ago

This is the membership page:

http://www.chameleons.cc/membership.asp

????

over a year ago

Found it..!

http://www.chameleons.cc/darlaston_club_opening.asp

Couples is £15 for Life. Which is very reasonable IMO. Its a nice place too. Shame I wont be going again then.

over a year ago

Doesn't say what it is for single men but from what I understand there is a huge waiting list for single guys!

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Couples is £15 for Life. Which is very reasonable IMO. Its a nice place too. Shame I wont be going again then."

Why not?

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Couples is £15 for Life. Which is very reasonable IMO. Its a nice place too. Shame I wont be going again then.

Why not?"

Change of status..... Simple.

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Why not?

Change of status..... Simple."

Sorry to hear that but would that really stop you from going somewhere you enjoy?

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Why not?

Sorry to hear that but would that really stop you from going somewhere you enjoy?"

£77 for SM Membership might....

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Why not?

Sorry to hear that but would that really stop you from going somewhere you enjoy?

£77 for SM Membership might.... "

I see....maybe best to get that confirmed

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Why not?

£77 for SM Membership might....

I see....maybe best to get that confirmed"

Yes, I would, but not sure thats what I want to do - rejoin as an SM. Would rather wait a bit....

over a year ago

I can tell you it's completely accurate for single guy membership cos that's what I paid about 3 weeks ago when given the opportunity to join

over a year ago

"I can tell you it's completely accurate for single guy membership cos that's what I paid about 3 weeks ago when given the opportunity to join "

Thank you. Pooh, pooh, and thrice pooh..

over a year ago

Oh wow!

Is that lifetime membership? Or annual?

over a year ago

Lifetime

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Lifetime "

I think you will find single guy membership is annual unless something has changed since my friend renewed his.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Doesn't say what it is for single men but from what I understand there is a huge waiting list for single guys!"

There is, so plenty of time to save up £77

over a year ago

"Doesn't say what it is for single men but from what I understand there is a huge waiting list for single guys!

There is, so plenty of time to save up £77 "

Plenty of time to look elsewhere too.

Seriously, its not the amount of money, its the sheer inequality off it all. Yes, I know its just like that. But - ffs. As a Couple, we turned up, paid £15 and were in. Job done. Nice. Now.... forget it.

So I went to Chams - once... I remember it well.....

over a year ago

"Lifetime

I think you will find single guy membership is annual unless something has changed since my friend renewed his."

Not what I was told as I was filling out membership form with Steve

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Doesn't say what it is for single men but from what I understand there is a huge waiting list for single guys!

Seriously, its not the amount of money, its the sheer inequality off it all. Yes, I know its just like that. But - ffs. As a Couple, we turned up, paid £15 and were in. Job done. Nice. Now.... forget it.

So I went to Chams - once... I remember it well..... "

The problem is, apart from some London events, all clubs and parties will be lopsided in favour of single women and couples because they want single woman and couples to attend. Maybe the difference won't be quite so marked as with Chameleons, but that just shows what they have to do to keep the male members in check, as otherwise it would be a sausage-fest and blokes would complain there's not enough women.

over a year ago

The problem is, apart from some London events, all clubs and parties will be lopsided in favour of single women and couples because they want single woman and couples to attend. Maybe the difference won't be quite so marked as with Chameleons, but that just shows what they have to do to keep the male members in check, as otherwise it would be a sausage-fest and blokes would complain there's not enough women."

One day my sausage will hopefully be able to join the fest

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

The problem is, apart from some London events, all clubs and parties will be lopsided in favour of single women and couples because they want single woman and couples to attend. Maybe the difference won't be quite so marked as with Chameleons, but that just shows what they have to do to keep the male members in check, as otherwise it would be a sausage-fest and blokes would complain there's not enough women.

One day my sausage will hopefully be able to join the fest"

Missed my chance didn't I? Oh well.

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Lifetime

I think you will find single guy membership is annual unless something has changed since my friend renewed his.

Not what I was told as I was filling out membership form with Steve "

Like I said, maybe its changed - will ask next time I am there

over a year ago

I know.... (sigh....)

I do understand the 'logic', but...

Sausage fest... sniggers.... Like it. Err, not the sausages... I'll get my coat.....

over a year ago

I think it's about right and £77 is reasonable cheap especially if it is lifetime! But even over the year doesn't work out much and wouldn't u spend that taking a girl out for the night?

over a year ago

"Lifetime

Not what I was told as I was filling out membership form with Steve

Like I said, maybe its changed - will ask next time I am there "

I will ask too, I would hate to think it was yearly and I was mislead, I can say there's no expiry date on my card though

over a year ago

"I think it's about right and £77 is reasonable cheap especially if it is lifetime! But even over the year doesn't work out much and wouldn't u spend that taking a girl out for the night? "

Probably more and still have less chance of playing hide the sausage at the end of the night

over a year ago

"I think it's about right and £77 is reasonable cheap especially if it is lifetime! But even over the year doesn't work out much and wouldn't u spend that taking a girl out for the night?

Probably more and still have less chance of playing hide the sausage at the end of the night "

I think £77 is not too bad at all, for the amount of fun you can have

over a year ago

"I think it's about right and £77 is reasonable cheap especially if it is lifetime! But even over the year doesn't work out much and wouldn't u spend that taking a girl out for the night?

Probably more and still have less chance of playing hide the sausage at the end of the night

I think £77 is not too bad at all, for the amount of fun you can have "

I'd pay that methinks..

I'm not sure where I am on this waiting list though

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

I'd pay that methinks..

I'm not sure where I am on this waiting list though "

I've heard if you contact them semi-regularly you might get in earlier. It's a pro-active thing.

over a year ago

I'd pay that methinks..

I'm not sure where I am on this waiting list though

I've heard if you contact them semi-regularly you might get in earlier. It's a pro-active thing."

Thank you.... May just do that! X

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

all well and good paying 77 pounds for a lifetime memberships if you are going a bit (remember you are still paying entrance every time)

but if it is one offs.... maybe not so much...

and that is my biggest bug bear with clubs...

that for long distance visitors, or even for newbies, clubs are not always viable options because of all the expense you have to doll out on a first visit......

over a year ago

"all well and good paying 77 pounds for a lifetime memberships if you are going a bit (remember you are still paying entrance every time)

that for long distance visitors, or even for newbies, clubs are not always viable options because of all the expense you have to doll out on a first visit......"

I do agree with you coz yes ok I'm a single female and therefore don't have this issue but there have been many an occasion when I've tried to arrange a club meet with someone and unless I know them i.e met them before I prefer not to go as a couple in case we don't get along or there is no chemistry etc. That way I can leave and he can enjoy his night but a lot of guys refuse to pay the extortionate entry prices even if there is no membership requirements so sometimes we ladies do miss out by the high prices clubs charge.

The only other option is going to a specific party night at a club, some don't require membership as long as you're on the guest list.

Chams bbw nights are really popular due to this as it allows guys to experience the club without the horrific outlay and entrance on that night is £33 for a single guy which I don't think is too unreasonable seeing as they open from 2pm until 1am and that includes a buffet

over a year ago

Single male membership is an annual membership not a lifetime one and i know Steve would never have mislead anyone into thinking its a lifetime one. Maybe you miss understood him and there are always start dates put on the cards so single guys know when its due for renewal.

over a year ago

"all well and good paying 77 pounds for a lifetime memberships if you are going a bit (remember you are still paying entrance every time)

that for long distance visitors, or even for newbies, clubs are not always viable options because of all the expense you have to doll out on a first visit......"

over a year ago

I think £77 is not too bad at all, for the amount of fun you can have "

Or no fun at all. Sex isn't guaranteed.

over a year ago

Or no fun at all. Sex isn't guaranteed."

over a year ago

I am told its £77 per year.

Yes, nothing is g'teed.

over a year ago

I know we are a couple and we don't pay £77 a year membership but we would, we pay £50 a year for va membership, I look at it like this a night out at chams costs us about £250 with fuel, hotel, we go once or twice a month depending on how busy we are. A normal night out with friends a meal, drinks and a club would probably cost us £150-£200 we don't see it as that expensive we always have a great time. I know we all have different depths pockets but unfortunately life isn't fair and people have to cut there cloth accordingly. If we lived locally it would be a very cheap night out indeed

over a year ago

"Found it..!

Couples is £15 for Life. Which is very reasonable IMO. Its a nice place too. Shame I wont be going again then."

Thank you.xx

over a year ago

"I can tell you it's completely accurate for single guy membership cos that's what I paid about 3 weeks ago when given the opportunity to join "

and for that it needs updating the decor and likes

and its still full of pushy single men on a fri so ill stick to gatecrasher

over a year ago

"I can tell you it's completely accurate for single guy membership cos that's what I paid about 3 weeks ago when given the opportunity to join

and its still full of pushy single men on a fri so ill stick to gatecrasher "

Probably better off anyway, much wider choice of younger good looking men there and women no doubt

I like the place though, I have only been to one other club, the attic and chams is like an oppulent palace when it comes to decor!

over a year ago

"I can tell you it's completely accurate for single guy membership cos that's what I paid about 3 weeks ago when given the opportunity to join

and its still full of pushy single men on a fri so ill stick to gatecrasher

Probably better off anyway, much wider choice of younger good looking men there and women no doubt

I like the place though, I have only been to one other club, the attic and chams is like an oppulent palace when it comes to decor! "

I like xtaisa that is a good well presented club. very very fun rooms.

chams is good dont get me wrong but for a single males membership I think it needs to be more enticing (not just a wet club)

I dont go to gatecrasher to pull, I go to drink and dance

over a year ago

"

chams is good dont get me wrong but for a single males membership I think it needs to be more enticing (not just a wet club)

I dont go to gatecrasher to pull, I go to drink and dance "

The only thing I've heard about Xtasia is its more of a night club vibe with play rooms added on? They're having a free night in October though so going to that and can make my own mind up about the place

My own view of chams is that its a touch dark, and needs brightening up ideally. The cinema room is farsical though, would be much better to turn the tv room into the cinema area

over a year ago

"

I dont go to gatecrasher to pull, I go to drink and dance

The only thing I've heard about Xtasia is its more of a night club vibe with play rooms added on? They're having a free night in October though so going to that and can make my own mind up about the place

My own view of chams is that its a touch dark, and needs brightening up ideally. The cinema room is farsical though, would be much better to turn the tv room into the cinema area "

Its always best to make your own mind up about things as what you hear always isn't true! (found that out myself recently)

the cinema room at xtasisa i love but i cant say i remain innocent in there LOL

but yes agreed about the dull outlook but days like this the sun roof is great at chams

over a year ago

I'd only end up sunburnt on the sundeck and I hate that! I am not a sun baby at all

Look at us having a conversation after months of not talking lol x

over a year ago

"I'd only end up sunburnt on the sundeck and I hate that! I am not a sun baby at all

Look at us having a conversation after months of not talking lol x"

I am a sunbaby but not allowed out as poorly

over a year ago

"

"

Oh well thats a bit shit

over a year ago

"

Oh well thats a bit shit "

welcome to seeing god kids and them giving me a fantastic present of a stomach infection. and as mu immune system isnt up to 100% its thrown me out

over a year ago

"

Oh well thats a bit shit

welcome to seeing god kids and them giving me a fantastic present of a stomach infection. and as mu immune system isnt up to 100% its thrown me out

"

Kids should be banned when ill

By *iavelmanMan
over a year ago

Worcester

"I think it's about right and £77 is reasonable cheap especially if it is lifetime! But even over the year doesn't work out much and wouldn't u spend that taking a girl out for the night? "

Spend that much taking a girl out? Couple of pints of mild and a bag of pork scratchings doesn't cost £77!

over a year ago

Spend that much taking a girl out? Couple of pints of mild and a bag of pork scratchings doesn't cost £77! "

Mild? Scratchings? . . . . I'm not sure I'd want to take a girl out who drinks mild and eats scratchings

over a year ago

even a social at someones place or mine

i would take a bottle or 2 and would expect the same of someone to be fair

but mild and scrtachings ewwwww

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Spend that much taking a girl out? Couple of pints of mild and a bag of pork scratchings doesn't cost £77!

Mild? Scratchings? . . . . I'm not sure I'd want to take a girl out who drinks mild and eats scratchings "

I drink real ale and eat pork scratchings

over a year ago

"

I drink real ale and eat pork scratchings "

Then you've had a lucky escape and your safe in the knowledge I wont be asking you out

over a year ago

Mild? Scratchings? . . . . I'm not sure I'd want to take a girl out who drinks mild and eats scratchings

remember I know you and have met you. You are a lovrly lady xx

over a year ago

"

Then you've had a lucky escape and your safe in the knowledge I wont be asking you out "

you would be missing out then

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

remember I know you and have met you. You are a lovrly lady xx"

Surprised that my drinking habits put people off meeting. Real ale is lovely stuff.

over a year ago

I have no objection to Real Ale or Pork Scratchings....

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

remember I know you and have met you. You are a lovrly lady xx

Surprised that my drinking habits put people off meeting. Real ale is lovely stuff."

Try and get hold of a bottle of Norfolk Square Brewery`s Black Widow (9%) It`s a stout with added port and comes out at £5.85 for a 330 ml bottle but at 9% you don`t need that many!!!!! Bottle is worth it for the bondage artwork!!!!!!

over a year ago

http://www.norfolksquarebrewery.co.uk/#!black-widow/zoom/c200s/image14r5

Nice...

By *afun2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

We have a couples membership but I cant, the man get in on it on my own, I have to take out a single one if I want to go on my own.

over a year ago

"We have a couples membership but I cant, the man get in on it on my own, I have to take out a single one if I want to go on my own."

No clue, I really don't

By *andL-LiverpoolCouple
over a year ago

Huyton

do we need to be members for the BBW party 17th aug ? we got a hotel room and looking forward to meeting some new people xx

over a year ago

"do we need to be members for the BBW party 17th aug ? we got a hotel room and looking forward to meeting some new people xx"

No you don't.

As long as you're on the guest list then you don't need to be a member.

over a year ago

"We have a couples membership but I cant, the man get in on it on my own, I have to take out a single one if I want to go on my own."

If you have a couples membership my understanding is that you can only use that whilst going as a couple. You would need a single membership to go on your own

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I've had some fun nights at Chameleons and I'm sure I'll have some more, but I've never visited with a single male membership and will not get one now on principle.

I attend on party nights when I can get on a list without a membership, or on the rare occassions I wish to attend on a non-party night, I go as the guest of a couple or pair up with some female friends and attend on their couples membership.

Firstly, not only is the process for getting a single male membership vague, long winded and disrespectful, but they've also got an extrotionate membership fee for the pleasure of the hassle you have to go through. Their website asks single males to enquire for memberships at the club with 2 forms of ID, when they know fully well that they'll be telling you that there are no male memberships and that you'd get added to a list, which I'm almost certain doesn't exist. It makes you wonder why they don't just state on their website that they aren't accepting single male memberships.

Secondly, there are far more options these days than there used to be when the likes of Chameleons were the only decent clubs about. There are organized parties all over the place every weekend and some even on weekdays, and if you've got anything about you as a single bloke, you can attend any of those. Okay, they'll still probably charge you more than anyone else, but at least they'll take your money with a smile and an expression of gratitude.

over a year ago

As I said further up, us single ladies can sometimes suffer from the high rates for single men as it puts them off going.

If all you're looking for in a club is single guys and it's full of ladies and couples then it's a wasted night for us too.

over a year ago

"I've had some fun nights at Chameleons and I'm sure I'll have some more, but I've never visited with a single male membership and will not get one now on principle.

I attend on party nights when I can get on a list without a membership, or on the rare occassions I wish to attend on a non-party night, I go as the guest of a couple or pair up with some female friends and attend on their couples membership.

Firstly, not only is the process for getting a single male membership vague, long winded and disrespectful, but they've also got an extrotionate membership fee for the pleasure of the hassle you have to go through. Their website asks single males to enquire for memberships at the club with 2 forms of ID, when they know fully well that they'll be telling you that there are no male memberships and that you'd get added to a list, which I'm almost certain doesn't exist. It makes you wonder why they don't just state on their website that they aren't accepting single male memberships.

Secondly, there are far more options these days than there used to be when the likes of Chameleons were the only decent clubs about. There are organized parties all over the place every weekend and some even on weekdays, and if you've got anything about you as a single bloke, you can attend any of those. Okay, they'll still probably charge you more than anyone else, but at least they'll take your money with a smile and an expression of gratitude."

I gotta admit that I've only been to chams once as a single male, but have been loads as a couple.

That once I went as a single was a fab guest list thing, I absolutely hated the dirty looks all the couples give you as a single male, I'm sure they just see you as a perv, but on every other occasion over the last 3 or 4 years I've been going there as a couple, the attitude towards me is completely different

Ps my two pence in the price, unfortunately it's a sellers market, the club can literally charge what they want, the demand is there

over a year ago

"

For a single guy its £77

"

seriously taking the piss

By *andm288Couple
over a year ago

oxford

We totally agree ! We tried Liberty Elite not that long back and we are not here trying to give the club a bad review !

It cost is approx £ 60 to join on a temp membership including entrance to the club ! Which we personally felt was over the top '! Again we are not trying to give the club a bad review but found the price a little on the expensive side & we are a genuine couple ! So we do feel for the single guys !

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"As I said further up, us single ladies can sometimes suffer from the high rates for single men as it puts them off going.

If all you're looking for in a club is single guys and it's full of ladies and couples then it's a wasted night for us too."

And that's another thing that seem to have been allowed by Chameleons to fester in the club. The sentiment that single guys are only just being tolerated and anyone that is allowed in should be extremely grateful and think themselves lucky.

There are actually lots of couples and single women who only want to meet single guys at clubs. They're absolutely not interested in other couples. I know lots of them who only now go to Chameleons on party nights when they know there'll be a variety of guys around for them to choose from.

Ultimately it is the people that attend that make a club fun and also create a memorable experience for the guests.

over a year ago

"As I said further up, us single ladies can sometimes suffer from the high rates for single men as it puts them off going.

If all you're looking for in a club is single guys and it's full of ladies and couples then it's a wasted night for us too.

And that's another thing that seem to have been allowed by Chameleons to fester in the club. The sentiment that single guys are only just being tolerated and anyone that is allowed in should be extremely grateful and think themselves lucky.

There are actually lots of couples and single women who only want to meet single guys at clubs. They're absolutely not interested in other couples. I know lots of them who only now go to Chameleons on party nights when they know there'll be a variety of guys around for them to choose from.

Ultimately it is the people that attend that make a club fun and also create a memorable experience for the guests."

I`ve never been made to feel like that, I`ve always been made to feel welcome and have made some great friends by attending, some of which have turned into private meets.

I guess if you go with a negative attitude then people see you as such, I`m a happy go lucky guy and find people always say hello and more often than not stop for a chat

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I'm not referring to guys who lack the social skills to chat to people and follow people around or lurk in corners hoping to help themselves when they clap eyes on a pair of tits or an exposed fanny.

I wouldn't want to be around those either.

However when you hear couples on a Friday complaining that there are too many single guys and that the club is going down hill because of that, it makes you wonder.

I've been at the bar when one couple complained about the number of single guys to the bar staff. And the bar staff said, "Yeah, sorry sometimes we get that unfortunately."

The correct response should have been "It's a Friday, if you don't want single guys around, visit on a Saturday"

And by the way, I still think Chameleons is still one of the decent swinging clubs around. But I just feel they still have the mindset of many years ago when swinging, especially for single guys, was a novelty and clubs were the few places to indulge yourself if you can't arrange one to one meets on your own.

These days there are plenty of other options and it's no longer necessary to maintain such a vague and restrictive method of access to single guys.

Dealing with and managing unruly or problematic guests come with the territory when you're running a club. That is what night club managers deal with every weekend.

So using this to justify their approach to giving single guys access, which is what some people see as the reason, is no longer a valid reason.

A more reasonable approach will be to provide a clear, fair and consistent membership procedure for everyone. Clearly advertise the club rules, and strictly enforce them by banning anyone who breaks them.

over a year ago

"I'm not referring to guys who lack the social skills to chat to people and follow people around or lurk in corners hoping to help themselves when they clap eyes on a pair of tits or an exposed fanny.

I wouldn't want to be around those either.

However when you hear couples on a Friday complaining that there are too many single guys and that the club is going down hill because of that, it makes you wonder.

I've been at the bar when one couple complained about the number of single guys to the bar staff. And the bar staff said, "Yeah, sorry sometimes we get that unfortunately."

The correct response should have been "It's a Friday, if you don't want single guys around, visit on a Saturday"

And by the way, I still think Chameleons is still one of the decent swinging clubs around. But I just feel they still have the mindset of many years ago when swinging, especially for single guys, was a novelty and clubs were the few places to indulge yourself if you can't arrange one to one meets on your own.

These days there are plenty of other options and it's no longer necessary to maintain such a vague and restrictive method of access to single guys.

Dealing with and managing unruly or problematic guests come with the territory when you're running a club. That is what night club managers deal with every weekend.

So using this to justify their approach to giving single guys access, which is what some people see as the reason, is no longer a valid reason.

A more reasonable approach will be to provide a clear, fair and consistent membership procedure for everyone. Clearly advertise the club rules, and strictly enforce them by banning anyone who breaks them."

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/07/14 14:33:19]

over a year ago

Ultimately it is the people that attend that make a club fun and also create a memorable experience for the guests."

thats good to hear as me and two female friends are going to chams for the weekend soon.we want (black)men we are use to dealing with pushy men its not the clubs fault, its the indivuals on how they act and you do find them everywhere.it will be my first time there and will be visiting twice that weekend.would be a third but couple nights not our thing

By *iavelmanMan
over a year ago

Worcester

We really should have hooked up at Swingfields, but then I didn't take any scratchings with me. Doh!

Post new Message to Thread