Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Xtasia - "Flirty Thirties" night

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondered if anyone had been or was going this week? Fox and I are heading up - wondered how they'd gone before as whilst the night is obviously aimed at the 'younger' crowd - the club doesn't exclude anyone based on age!

So is it really any different to an ordinary couples/single fem only night where folk of all ages are in attendance or does it actually attract the younger crowd it seeks?

Just curious!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just wondered if anyone had been or was going this week? Fox and I are heading up - wondered how they'd gone before as whilst the night is obviously aimed at the 'younger' crowd - the club doesn't exclude anyone based on age!

So is it really any different to an ordinary couples/single fem only night where folk of all ages are in attendance or does it actually attract the younger crowd it seeks?

Just curious!! "

As far as I know, this is only the 2nd or 3rd month that they have done Flirty Thirties. I know the music is aimed more at a younger crowd and also slightly louder than the Saturday night that they do aimed at the slightly older crowed.

I'm sure Xtasia will be on here at some point and let you know how things have gone so far with it.

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Not sure we've noticed a difference yet in ages, but what it does help with is the complaints over music. You can never win we've found, its always too loud, too quiet, wrong style, etc. At least this way everyone knows to expect modern music rather than 60's-90's which we do on the Sex and Soul night.

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"...complaints over music. You can never win we've found... "

You can win! How about a "Woodstock Revisited" night, to celebrate the anniversary of the great event that happened in August 1969? Rekindle the era of "free love" (a strange concept don't you think?) of romping around butt naked whilst listening to Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Crosby Stills, Nash & Young, Jefferson Airplane and any of the other artists that played at the original festival. Maybe even prizes for people coming in their best hippy gear, and those who can make the longest daisy chains ???

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Definitely one for our Sex and Soul night. Will put it to the DJ's for you.

over a year ago

If its for a younger crowd then surely they could get away with quieter music lol

over a year ago

"If its for a younger crowd then surely they could get away with quieter music lol"

Younger crowd normally = Louder music.

Older crowed normally = Slightly quieter music.

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"

Older crowed normally = Slightly quieter music. "

You should have seen how many over 50s were at the last Motorhead concert lol.

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

"

Older crowed normally = Slightly quieter music.

You should have seen how many over 50s were at the last Motorhead concert lol."

If you grew up with it I'd accept an evenings concert, but bit different when trying to pull over a beer or two.

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Mind you, its interesting as we only do these nights as a preference evening, you don't need to be older, or younger to attend each event, its just an idea of what level of volume and era you get. The interesting bit is to date we have had a good number of older couples coming on the young nights, and vice versa.

Post new Message to Thread