FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Entrance Fees

Jump to newest
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
4 days ago

Poole

Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *lowupdollTV/TS
4 days ago

Here. There.

Clubs will base pricing on supply and demand; if single men will keep paying higher prices they’ll keep getting charged higher prices.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ino200Man
4 days ago

Bournemouth and London


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about? "

Alfie

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rightonsteveMan
4 days ago

Hove, mainly…


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about? "

Must be a rather select and exclusive car boot sale. I pay £1 to get in.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ow69Man
4 days ago

Preston

£35.00 is ok

When it gets to £50.00, then travel and drunks with the chance to being stood alone talking to the mirror.

For that you get a day at the football or rugby, a laugh with mates beer and a curry. Might even pull at the pub.

I'll bow out gracefully.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *olvesxcoupleCouple
4 days ago

Round the bend


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

Must be a rather select and exclusive car boot sale. I pay £1 to get in. "

Hello stranger!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
4 days ago

SW1A1AA

I think some of the entrance fees are expensive for a single guy. But if guys are willing to pay it they are going to continuely charge

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
4 days ago

SW1A1AA

In my opinion if a guy has good sicial skills he can chat a woman up on here and have a good night out splitting the costs.If he doesnt have good social skills.hes not going to pull in a club

Im referring to the guys that just follow you round with out speaking and the wanking zombies

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 days ago

Central

perhaps they should have a lower rate for men who would be in handcuffs, to prevent zombie wankers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *olds CoupleCouple
3 days ago

Louth Lincolnshire

There could be a reduced price, similar to the single woman price, if the guy came in as part of a throuple. That way he'd probably be less likely to be a pest or one of the wanking dead. This would be more feasible though in clubs in which you book in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

Must be a rather select and exclusive car boot sale. I pay £1 to get in.

Hello stranger!"

Friday greetings to you both

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
3 days ago

Carlisle usually

I rarely go to places with gendered pricing these days. I don't mind where ticket costs are split by roles but gender doesn't seem an appropriate one any more 💜

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *tandardIssueNerdMan
3 days ago

Telford

It does feel ridiculous sometimes, especially when you add in all of the travel, hotel etc. costs.

Not to mention the Single Guy membership costs at some clubs. Chams is £80 per year!

I've even seen some clubs charge £90 entrance fee for single guys.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *riel13Woman
3 days ago

Northampton

It helps even out the numbers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aked beachMan
3 days ago

22 The Avenue


"It helps even out the numbers"

This.

There is a club in Kent that charges £35 entrance regardless if you’re single or a couple. Only been once on an ‘non-invite’ day, seemed to be to many Guys and not enough Ladies and Couples.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *allySlinkyWoman
3 days ago

Leeds

As a single woman I wouldn't pay £35

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *dible_KinkCouple
3 days ago

Aberdeen


"£35.00 is ok

When it gets to £50.00, then travel and drunks with the chance to being stood alone talking to the mirror.

For that you get a day at the football or rugby, a laugh with mates beer and a curry. Might even pull at the pub.

I'll bow out gracefully. "

If you're getting a football match, beer, and a curry for £50 you must be some kind of a magician, or a really shit crack 1 drink wonder. A night at a club is a cheap night in comparison to a night on the lash. You're £50 just for a couple rounds of shots, thats without starting on the beers and spirits. The food alone at the end of the night is never less than £20, and most of the time only picked at

£50 for a club with a couple of soft drinks and a clear head wins every time!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *inaTitzTV/TS
3 days ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think that the prices should be revised for events like Greedy Girl nights where the idea is to have guys in bulk

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onathanjonesMan
3 days ago

Chester


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about? "

It’s actually unlawful. It contravenes the Equality act 2010. Some people think it’s not illegal because of membership issues. It’s very illegal. The law is very clear on that.

The thing is though; do you want possible access to a vagina or not? Ok, well, it’s £50. Ohhh but I don’t want to pay £50! Off you go then.

No guy is going to say “Ahhh, well according to the Equality Act 2010, that’s unlawful!”, because there is no point. Complaining won’t fix it, even if it’s taken to court, and generally, people won’t publicise the fact that they’re engaging in taboo activities.

Even if the club did get penalised, what would the result be? It would be a fine, a balancing of costs, the unbalancing of ratios, and ultimate death of the club.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *tandardIssueNerdMan
3 days ago

Telford


"As a single woman I wouldn't pay £35"

Why not? What would you find acceptable?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *allySlinkyWoman
3 days ago

Leeds


"As a single woman I wouldn't pay £35

Why not? What would you find acceptable?"

I go to clubs for £10 or maybe £15. I pay up to £35 when I go as a couple.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *uy445Man
3 days ago

braintree

I think men paying more is acceptable as it stops so many guys. However I fear some men may think oh well I have paid x amount so I expect something.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
3 days ago

Carlisle usually


"I think men paying more is acceptable as it stops so many guys. However I fear some men may think oh well I have paid x amount so I expect something. "

That's mostly why I avoid the gendered pricing events now.

I'm not a product. I'm a customer. Everyone paying the same reduces some of the entitlement some people develop 💜

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ildatheart01Man
3 days ago

Petersfield


"I think men paying more is acceptable as it stops so many guys. However I fear some men may think oh well I have paid x amount so I expect something. "

If they are paying a really high price then they probably expect the man/woman ratio to be reasonable.

Wonder how much you’d have to charge to get a 50/50 ratio…

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *eggieMarshmallowWoman
3 days ago

Far from the sea

I prefer to go to events without gendered pricing, it's fairer and you avoid some of the entitlement from people thinking they've paid enough so they are owed sex

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onathanjonesMan
3 days ago

Chester


"I prefer to go to events without gendered pricing, it's fairer and you avoid some of the entitlement from people thinking they've paid enough so they are owed sex"

You should find that more men will attend too, including men who are unwilling to pay a premium.

That’s good news for women, right?

(In a way)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *uy445Man
3 days ago

braintree

The best events are the ones that limit the amount of men for a better ratio

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *pongeFab-SwingPantsCouple
3 days ago

Upside down Pineapple under the sea

The only problem with high entrance fees for single males is the then feeling of entitlement that some males get as in I've paid £50 I better be getting sex then this can lead to higher wanking dead issues.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *igladAndLulahCouple
3 days ago

South East


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about? "

The club we go to cost more than £30 for a couple lol and you think they are going to charge that for single guys

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *igladAndLulahCouple
3 days ago

South East


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

It’s actually unlawful. It contravenes the Equality act 2010. Some people think it’s not illegal because of membership issues. It’s very illegal. The law is very clear on that.

The thing is though; do you want possible access to a vagina or not? Ok, well, it’s £50. Ohhh but I don’t want to pay £50! Off you go then.

No guy is going to say “Ahhh, well according to the Equality Act 2010, that’s unlawful!”, because there is no point. Complaining won’t fix it, even if it’s taken to court, and generally, people won’t publicise the fact that they’re engaging in taboo activities.

Even if the club did get penalised, what would the result be? It would be a fine, a balancing of costs, the unbalancing of ratios, and ultimate death of the club. "

It’s not illigal if the club is a private members club and you will find clubs that have gendered pricing are members clubs

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *olds CoupleCouple
3 days ago

Louth Lincolnshire


"I prefer to go to events without gendered pricing, it's fairer and you avoid some of the entitlement from people thinking they've paid enough so they are owed sex

You should find that more men will attend too, including men who are unwilling to pay a premium.

That’s good news for women, right?

(In a way)"

Not necessarily so, we would think most women put quality over quantity, I know we certainly do. Making the entry fee cheap for single guys would encourage anyone to wander in after spending most of the time getting tanked up in the pub up the road. I know that you can also get well off guys who can afford the entrance fee acting the pratt too but I think it acts as a filter to some extent, although as we said in an earlier post pre booking would be a better option.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onathanjonesMan
3 days ago

Chester


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

It’s actually unlawful. It contravenes the Equality act 2010. Some people think it’s not illegal because of membership issues. It’s very illegal. The law is very clear on that.

The thing is though; do you want possible access to a vagina or not? Ok, well, it’s £50. Ohhh but I don’t want to pay £50! Off you go then.

No guy is going to say “Ahhh, well according to the Equality Act 2010, that’s unlawful!”, because there is no point. Complaining won’t fix it, even if it’s taken to court, and generally, people won’t publicise the fact that they’re engaging in taboo activities.

Even if the club did get penalised, what would the result be? It would be a fine, a balancing of costs, the unbalancing of ratios, and ultimate death of the club.

It’s not illigal if the club is a private members club and you will find clubs that have gendered pricing are members clubs "

It’s unlawful to charge a different price for the same service - private club or not.

Here are some snippets directly from governmental sources;

“A private club cannot refuse to invite a person as a guest of the club, or *invite the person on less favourable terms*, such as by imposing special conditions, because of the guest’s protected characteristic.”

“Membership terms must be the same for

all members, regardless of their protected

characteristics. However, a golf club can

offer differential rates based on time of

day (peak and off-peak, for example).

As long as both rates are available to all

members regardless of their protected

characteristics, this is allowed.”

There are a few very small legal provisions, and these must be navigated very carefully. One of them is “providing discount memberships” to encourage participation.

Tell me, two non-members turn up. One male and one female, to be lawful, how much should they be charged?

What about members? Say a male has purchased a £100 “male subscription”, and a female has paid for a £50 “female subscription”, at the door, what should they both pay?

It’s a very nasty business to run and I don’t envy them at all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onathanjonesMan
3 days ago

Chester


"I prefer to go to events without gendered pricing, it's fairer and you avoid some of the entitlement from people thinking they've paid enough so they are owed sex

You should find that more men will attend too, including men who are unwilling to pay a premium.

That’s good news for women, right?

(In a way)

Not necessarily so, we would think most women put quality over quantity, I know we certainly do. Making the entry fee cheap for single guys would encourage anyone to wander in after spending most of the time getting tanked up in the pub up the road. I know that you can also get well off guys who can afford the entrance fee acting the pratt too but I think it acts as a filter to some extent, although as we said in an earlier post pre booking would be a better option. "

I agree.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
3 days ago

Essex ++

And now got somewhere charging men more depending on age with 3 tiers of pricing. I doubt that can be legal. It's not even a membership club.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onathanjonesMan
3 days ago

Chester


"And now got somewhere charging men more depending on age with 3 tiers of pricing. I doubt that can be legal. It's not even a membership club. "

I like going to clubs. I’ve had great times there, some of them have been fantastic with me. I wish them the best of successes. I’m just mindful that it’s a troublesome business to run.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *alandNitaCouple
3 days ago

Scunthorpe


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about? "

Generally prices are set to encourage more ladies in the club, and to "control" the quantity of single guys.

Women often say that too many single guys in a club can lead to an unpleasant/intimidating atmosphere for them... and the more guys there are, the less chance for any of them to get any interaction.

If there are no women there, then there will be no blokes there either, so the club won't exist.

Cal

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"I prefer to go to events without gendered pricing, it's fairer and you avoid some of the entitlement from people thinking they've paid enough so they are owed sex

You should find that more men will attend too, including men who are unwilling to pay a premium.

That’s good news for women, right?

(In a way)

Not necessarily so, we would think most women put quality over quantity, I know we certainly do. Making the entry fee cheap for single guys would encourage anyone to wander in after spending most of the time getting tanked up in the pub up the road. I know that you can also get well off guys who can afford the entrance fee acting the pratt too but I think it acts as a filter to some extent, although as we said in an earlier post pre booking would be a better option. "

Going back a few years there were venues with:

a) reasonable entry prices

b) no pre-booking set-ups

c) excellent, vigilant security

Seemed to work pretty well if one recalls...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"I prefer to go to events without gendered pricing, it's fairer and you avoid some of the entitlement from people thinking they've paid enough so they are owed sex

You should find that more men will attend too, including men who are unwilling to pay a premium.

That’s good news for women, right?

(In a way)

Not necessarily so, we would think most women put quality over quantity, I know we certainly do. Making the entry fee cheap for single guys would encourage anyone to wander in after spending most of the time getting tanked up in the pub up the road. I know that you can also get well off guys who can afford the entrance fee acting the pratt too but I think it acts as a filter to some extent, although as we said in an earlier post pre booking would be a better option. "

There's also probably a difference between cheap and reasonable.

I've heard that a fair few clubs might struggle without single men attending certain events...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

Generally prices are set to encourage more ladies in the club, and to "control" the quantity of single guys.

Women often say that too many single guys in a club can lead to an unpleasant/intimidating atmosphere for them... and the more guys there are, the less chance for any of them to get any interaction.

If there are no women there, then there will be no blokes there either, so the club won't exist.

Cal"

The potential flipside is that without any single guys, the economics wouldn't equate - club numbers are definitely not at the level of the late 90s to early 2010s...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"Honest opinions:

Reasonable entrance fees (£20-30) for single men v £50+

What's it all about?

The club we go to cost more than £30 for a couple lol and you think they are going to charge that for single guys"

That isn't my point - I queried as to whether £50 + is reasonable or not for single males. I have made no reference to entrance prices for couples.

Regards,

SF

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *abulincsCouple
3 days ago

near a bridge

With high guys entry price we feel they believe they are entitled to lurk about like cavemen hoping for a quick fuck without any social interaction

But on flip side if it was lower price to get in place would just be over run with more of same unfortunately

If guys to time to interact with others they would stand a greater chance of something more

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"I think men paying more is acceptable as it stops so many guys. However I fear some men may think oh well I have paid x amount so I expect something. "

I recall clubs (and some do exist) where entrance pricing is reasonable, security is strong and numbers are respectable. They also tend to be pay at the door. Not saying it's always the best way; just that can/does work where organisation and planning are mainstays...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *outhern_Funn OP   Man
3 days ago

Poole


"I think men paying more is acceptable as it stops so many guys. However I fear some men may think oh well I have paid x amount so I expect something.

That's mostly why I avoid the gendered pricing events now.

I'm not a product. I'm a customer. Everyone paying the same reduces some of the entitlement some people develop 💜"

A brilliant, germane point. Makes a ton of sense.

To me, on reflection it seems that the club scene worked really well when I first got involved in the scene. It all seemed a lot less commercially driven. Rose tinted perhaps, but there appeared to be a pleasant equilibrium re numbers, pricing etc. Not to mention a much more down-to-earth feel to the club scene. Certain clubs have managed to maintained this, however....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top