Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

no messages again!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

why do single guys shy away from club meets? we have advertised home and hotel meets before and we get bombarded. put a club meet on and nothing! any explanasion?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *taffsfella1Man
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Maybe it's because they have to provide ID to join a club. There's also the cost aspect to consider.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Because a single male already going to a club may not feel the need to pre-arrange a meet with a specific couple.

over a year ago

For guys a trip to a club should'nt really cost anymore than if they were all paying halves for a hotel for the night

It could be that some guys are a bit nervous of the whole club scene and thats understandable

Or it could be for the most truly cynical of guys that they assume you're working for the club and are on some sort of commission to fleece single men

over a year ago

Need to add that most of our arrangements with single guys are club meets,I consider it the same as if we were meeting in a hotel but with more of a party atmosphere

over a year ago

"Maybe it's because they have to provide ID to join a club. There's also the cost aspect to consider. "

The only I.D they have to provide is their fab username.as for cost.they would get in for less as they are coming in with a couple

over a year ago

"Because a single male already going to a club may not feel the need to pre-arrange a meet with a specific couple. "

Very few single guys come in this club

over a year ago

ever been a single guy in a club?...lol

home/hotel meet is basically the place where u can say, well we are all here, nobody is really getting turned away..unless there are obvious no-no's

go to a club...and its pot luck really..and have spent a fair deal on money/travel/drink, moreso than in a hotel essentially

*before anyone suggests I think paying for entry into a club suggests u should get sex, it is not what i mean

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Maybe it's because they have to provide ID to join a club. There's also the cost aspect to consider.

The only I.D they have to provide is their fab username.as for cost.they would get in for less as they are coming in with a couple"

Do you tell them this? Because if I saw a meet request for a club meet I would assume I'd have to pay full entry cost plus membership.

over a year ago

Pure and simply its the extortoniate costs.

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Cost is the issue for me, pure and simple. (Combined with a number of clubs insisting on single men prebooking etc).

(Other than getting an invite of course).

over a year ago

"Because a single male already going to a club may not feel the need to pre-arrange a meet with a specific couple.

Very few single guys come in this club"

Is that not the answer then? Surely if a man is looking for a meet, unless they are already going to the club you are advertising the meet at, then it's likely they aren't going to message someone that wants to meet there?

over a year ago

"Maybe it's because they have to provide ID to join a club. There's also the cost aspect to consider.

The only I.D they have to provide is their fab username.as for cost.they would get in for less as they are coming in with a couple

Do you tell them this? Because if I saw a meet request for a club meet I would assume I'd have to pay full entry cost plus membership."

No I dont put it on the meets and events,but if someone was to message us and ask I would tell them the truth (we would meet them at a specified time,we would let the owners of the club know we are meeting them,how much it would cost them,etc etc)but nobody bothers to message and ask.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"but nobody bothers to message and ask."

Probably because they think they'll have to cough up the better part of £60 to meet you. I think that's the problem right there.

over a year ago

"but nobody bothers to message and ask.

Probably because they think they'll have to cough up the better part of £60 to meet you. I think that's the problem right there."

Try £25...not extortionate?

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 01/06/13 17:47:19]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 01/06/13 17:47:19]"

no passport required at this club and definitley not required when you are invited to go in with a couple

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Probably because they think they'll have to cough up the better part of £60 to meet you. I think that's the problem right there.

Try £25...not extortionate?"

Do you tell them the club? Some are more expensive than others, and some have hefty membership fees.

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Try £25...not extortionate?"

If it were just £25 no it isnt but.... and I quote from the website

Single Males:

Club Membership for Single Males...£40 per 6 Months or £60 for one year

(Single Male Numbers limited.... Pre Booked only and membership is needed with photo ID and you will need to bring a passport photo with you for our records only.)

Singles Entrance Price: Wed/Sun £15 - Fri/Sat £25

This is not aimed as a critism of any club, i know many people who enjoy the one you go to and i am told it is an excellent venue, merely as a possible explanation why guys dont tale you up on meets there !

over a year ago

Do you tell them the club? Some are more expensive than others, and some have hefty membership fees."

yes,we are always honest and open with anyone who messages us.Like I said,I dont put it on the meets page because A.you dont have alot of text to write and B. Dont want to sound too pushy/desperate lol

over a year ago

Single Males:

(Single Male Numbers limited.... Pre Booked only and membership is needed with photo ID and you will need to bring a passport photo with you for our records only.)

This is not aimed as a critism of any club, i know many people who enjoy the one you go to and i am told it is an excellent venue, merely as a possible explanation why guys dont tale you up on meets there !

"

But it doesnt state on the website about going in with a couple (otherwise they would be inundated with single guys wanting to tag along with couples)

over a year ago

3 out of the 4 single men that have posted on this thread have swingers clubs in their interest section

over a year ago

"3 out of the 4 single men that have posted on this thread have swingers clubs in their interest section "

and none of them have messaged us lol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Single Males:

But it doesnt state on the website about going in with a couple (otherwise they would be inundated with single guys wanting to tag along with couples)"

But if you don't put something in the meet request, then they won't know, and they'll think they have to pay, so won't message you.

Its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. If you put it on the meet request you'll then be telling people that going with a couple is and option, but if you don't put it on men will assume they have to pay the costs as above.

over a year ago

Single Males:

But it doesnt state on the website about going in with a couple (otherwise they would be inundated with single guys wanting to tag along with couples)

But if you don't put something in the meet request, then they won't know, and they'll think they have to pay, so won't message you.

Its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. If you put it on the meet request you'll then be telling people that going with a couple is and option, but if you don't put it on men will assume they have to pay the costs as above."

Stuck between a rock and a hard place here lol

over a year ago

"why do single guys shy away from club meets? we have advertised home and hotel meets before and we get bombarded. put a club meet on and nothing! any explanasion?

"

Going to a club as a single male does feel a tad uncomfortable, just the way it is!

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"3 out of the 4 single men that have posted on this thread have swingers clubs in their interest section "

I have been to clubs, for organised parties; where a guest list has been sent to the club beforehand and it cost me £10 each party.

I have also been to clubs with a lady; as a couple; and enjoyed 'couples night'.

Hence its on my profile... and i it was fun !

over a year ago

I have my own club and if I want to meet there, privately for a one to one, I still get guys saying that they don't do clubs, don't like mixing with other people there, who may want to watch or join in, or prefer to meet somewhere neutral because they are too scared!! ( Their words not mine!)I always state that it is a one to one in a private room and most of the time it is when the club is closed so that I am free to meet. I guess it is another of those fantasy situations. The guys have it all going on in their head but when it comes to putting it into practice ...zzzzzzzz!

over a year ago

"I have my own club and if I want to meet there, privately for a one to one, I still get guys saying that they don't do clubs, don't like mixing with other people there, who may want to watch or join in, or prefer to meet somewhere neutral because they are too scared!! ( Their words not mine!)I always state that it is a one to one in a private room and most of the time it is when the club is closed so that I am free to meet. I guess it is another of those fantasy sit

uations. The guys have it all going on in their head but when it comes to putting it into practice ...zzzzzzzz! "

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

as someone who goes to clubs anyway, I think if someone offered me a meet in a club.. actually if i was already going then cool, but it is not something I would do if i wasn't

people who come in in 3's and 4's tend to stick out like sore thumbs because they don't tend to mingle... they just stay in their own little groups.....

you might be saying "its only £25"... still £25 quid more expensive than a house meet though.......

the one thing we say about going to clubs is to go with no expectations... but going it this way doesn't imply that and kinda goes against everything we are saying.........

By *irty RascalMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Would love to go to a club as a single male, even if only for the experience and see wether it is for me, but must admit a touch nervous about ending up as 'Billynomates' and thinking it was a waste of money and more importantly, time.

over a year ago

the trouble with home meets is that the poor guy can travel for miles to get to you and they arent for you..however if its in a club no great loss to any party involved as you can all move on and have a good time.. and the other problem being, if you dont want to meet in a club dont list clubs in your interests.

over a year ago

To expensive for men to meet at a club , most would rather go to the pub than pay clubs prices .

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" the trouble with home meets is that the poor guy can travel for miles to get to you and they arent for you..however if its in a club no great loss to any party involved as you can all move on and have a good time.. and the other problem being, if you dont want to meet in a club dont list clubs in your interests.

"

see... but that isn't what is being implied if you are going in as a couple plus 1... and then you are circumventing the normal membership prices.....

ive seen incidents in couples +1 or couples meets in clubs, where one side fancied it and the other didnt.. or single has acted like kid in candy shop....

you are not introducing the single guy to the realities of what happens in clubs.....

over a year ago

" the trouble with home meets is that the poor guy can travel for miles to get to you and they arent for you..however if its in a club no great loss to any party involved as you can all move on and have a good time.. and the other problem being, if you dont want to meet in a club dont list clubs in your interests.

see... but that isn't what is being implied if you are going in as a couple plus 1... and then you are circumventing the normal membership prices.....

ive seen incidents in couples +1 or couples meets in clubs, where one side fancied it and the other didnt.. or single has acted like kid in candy shop....

you are not introducing the single guy to the realities of what happens in clubs....."

would rather do that than a sympathy shag at a home meet!

over a year ago

We've also posted for single males in the meets and events and had nothing, couples mailed about Sunday but nowt.

over a year ago

meet sorted some brave guy had the balls to message us....RESULT!!

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

I see lots of guys and Tgirls that meet me at my club, Connections in Blackpool. There's no membership fee and it's only £10 entrance fee on a Sunday when I meet.

If someone doesn't turn up it's not a problem as there are plenty of other people there to play with.

Jenny.

over a year ago

"

I see lots of guys and Tgirls that meet me at my club, Connections in Blackpool. There's no membership fee and it's only £10 entrance fee on a Sunday when I meet.

If someone doesn't turn up it's not a problem as there are plenty of other people there to play with.

Your club? You the owner?

Jenny. "

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

"

Your club? You the owner?

Jenny. "

Am I the owner? no I'm not, just someone who does not find it difficult to get guys to meet me at a Club, a quick scan of my veries should have told you that.

Jenny.

By *taffsfella1Man
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"3 out of the 4 single men that have posted on this thread have swingers clubs in their interest section

and none of them have messaged us lol"

Checked your profile and being a shortarse, I don't match what you're looking for so I didn't message. Having said that, I assumed that I would have had to pay membership plus admission as that is the norm in my experience.

Hope you had a fun night

over a year ago

"3 out of the 4 single men that have posted on this thread have swingers clubs in their interest section

and none of them have messaged us lol

Checked your profile and being a shortarse, I don't match what you're looking for so I didn't message. Having said that, I assumed that I would have had to pay membership plus admission as that is the norm in my experience.

Hope you had a fun night "

We did thank you

By *ove2play121Man
over a year ago

very close

[Removed by poster at 02/06/13 11:04:31]

By *ove2play121Man
over a year ago

very close

Hi people were are the swingers clubs to and how much to join can u give me a mail with info please ????

By *ansue35Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

Do you tell them this? Because if I saw a meet request for a club meet I would assume I'd have to pay full entry cost plus membership."

very good point

Ian

over a year ago

"why do single guys shy away from club meets? we have advertised home and hotel meets before and we get bombarded. put a club meet on and nothing! any explanasion?

"

Maybe they just don't want to play in clubs?! Crazy idea but just because a few guys that have replied on here do occasionally go to clubs or have it as their preference on a profile there are plenty of guys (as well as women and couples) who don't like clubs so why would they message to meet in one?

over a year ago

"Hi people were are the swingers clubs to and how much to join can u give me a mail with info please ???? "

Have a look in the clubs section on here, lots of info & links.

By *AMES19620Man
over a year ago

newport

i attend clubs all over the country.

i can see the point why men dont meet at clubs as i have arranged meets loads of times, but sometime you just dont click, but then i do love to go as its a life style for me, love being around like minded people

but it does cost me a pretty penny

over a year ago

"Would love to go to a club as a single male, even if only for the experience and see wether it is for me, but must admit a touch nervous about ending up as 'Billynomates' and thinking it was a waste of money and more importantly, time. "

Very much agree. Need to find some one I can trust before trying clubs rather than a first meet.

over a year ago

"Would love to go to a club as a single male, even if only for the experience and see wether it is for me, but must admit a touch nervous about ending up as 'Billynomates' and thinking it was a waste of money and more importantly, time.

Very much agree. Need to find some one I can trust before trying clubs rather than a first meet."

Try a club that holds a social.theres no pressure and usually free to enter and you only pay if you decide to stay and play.as far as billynomates i find you have to be sociable and chatty and people will be the same in return

over a year ago

As others have said, cost is a big factor for singles and at the moment, for a lot of couples.

Also, and please, this is not a dig in any way at all, cause you know I'm not like that, but you only use one club and it that could be reason as they dont want to go to that particular club. The enforced dress down that some clubs have does put some people off going, and is the reason we wont go.

Just a thought, cause anyone who see's your sexy bod would definitely want to meet

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/06/13 20:47:06]

over a year ago

"Would love to go to a club as a single male, even if only for the experience and see wether it is for me, but must admit a touch nervous about ending up as 'Billynomates' and thinking it was a waste of money and more importantly, time.

Very much agree. Need to find some one I can trust before trying clubs rather than a first meet.

Try a club that holds a social.theres no pressure and usually free to enter and you only pay if you decide to stay and play.as far as billynomates i find you have to be sociable and chatty and people will be the same in return"

i would go to a club with u if invited

over a year ago

Try a club that holds a social.theres no pressure and usually free to enter and you only pay if you decide to stay and play.as far as billynomates i find you have to be sociable and chatty and people will be the same in return"

I understand what your saying about being chatty but most clubs websites state that single males are not to approach and wait to be approached so you could be sat there all night thinking what a waste of time.

over a year ago

"

We have the same problem too

Even at eurekas where no membership has to be paid as extra and only £20 on Friday night or £10 on a Wednesday!!

By *irty RascalMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

I agree, but I've seen so many comments about singles at clubs acting like stalkers, that I would imagine it could be harder to break the ice than it would be in, say a pub, because of the suspicions people have built up about single guys. Not impossible, but makes it tougher for us decent guys.

By *irty RascalMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Try a club that holds a social.theres no pressure and usually free to enter and you only pay if you decide to stay and play.as far as billynomates i find you have to be sociable and chatty and people will be the same in return

I understand what your saying about being chatty but most clubs websites state that single males are not to approach and wait to be approached so you could be sat there all night thinking what a waste of time. "

over a year ago

I agree, but I've seen so many comments about singles at clubs acting like stalkers, that I would imagine it could be harder to break the ice than it would be in, say a pub, because of the suspicions people have built up about single guys. Not impossible, but makes it tougher for us decent guys. "

We are friendly

If someone messages us for a meet at a club and it was their first time we, would 'look after' them even if the chemistry wasn't there to play. Plus introduce friends, therefore breaking ice! Go for, we need more decent single guys Xx

over a year ago

I agree, but I've seen so many comments about singles at clubs acting like stalkers, that I would imagine it could be harder to break the ice than it would be in, say a pub, because of the suspicions people have built up about single guys. Not impossible, but makes it tougher for us decent guys.

We are friendly

If someone messages us for a meet at a club and it was their first time we, would 'look after' them even if the chemistry wasn't there to play. Plus introduce friends, therefore breaking ice! Go for, we need more decent single guys Xx "

Shame your in the south east and I'm north west.

over a year ago

We are friendly

If someone messages us for a meet at a club and it was their first time we, would 'look after' them even if the chemistry wasn't there to play. Plus introduce friends, therefore breaking ice! Go for, we need more decent single guys Xx

Shame your in the south east and I'm north west. "

They have cabins... You can stop over there

over a year ago

Sounds like a nice idea but its an extremely long drive.

over a year ago

maybe they are all just shy .. lol

over a year ago

"Need to add that most of our arrangements with single guys are club meets,I consider it the same as if we were meeting in a hotel but with more of a party atmosphere "

over a year ago

...and there are club's where you don't have to pay a membership.....I sometimes arrange to meet there hence go in as a couple and share the cost, so it's then only a tenner each and you bring your own drink - sorted

By *irty RascalMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

We are friendly

If someone messages us for a meet at a club and it was their first time we, would 'look after' them even if the chemistry wasn't there to play. Plus introduce friends, therefore breaking ice! Go for, we need more decent single guys Xx "

Fair play to you, I may bite the bullet and just go one night. It would be great if there were more people helping to introduce new members especially singles, like yourselves. They may not be singles for long....

over a year ago

Can I just ask all you cynics of clubs to read the latest review for the No3 Club Chorley.We invited the single guy and he had never been to a club before.

over a year ago

actually, No 3 is a very nice club and although I have never been as a single there and only as part of a couple .. it's well worth a visit

over a year ago

I agree with the cromptons, we only meet straight guys in clubs but must tend to back of when this is brought up in conversation.. Shame really

I'll lend you mr naughty next time where in mrs c xx

over a year ago

"I agree with the cromptons, we only meet straight guys in clubs but must tend to back of when this is brought up in conversation.. Shame really

I'll lend you mr naughty next time where in mrs c xx"

xx

Post new Message to Thread