Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

kestrel v Eureka Weds

Jump to newest

By *WEIrishBull OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I have been a big fan of Kestrel on a wed for some time now. However, with the price increases I'm wondering will midweek swingers, couples and singles, opt for Eureka instead.

I have not yet been to Eureka but I have a feeling that it might be the place to go this summer.

What do you think peeps.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

hi wed can b hit and miss at most places but summer months in the garden of england for us everytime xxxx

By *WEIrishBull OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Hope to see you there sometime

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wednesdays are getting busier and busier by the week, and with an entry of just a tenner after 6pm it can't be beaten in our eyes ..

By *urreysexysurreyCouple
over a year ago

Epsom/Carshalton

Eureka just seems to be a clicky set of friends meeting there and no-one else gets a look in.

over a year ago

Really? I disagree completely with the last statement. If you talk to others they will talk back, everyone to us are friendly and we have made many friends there. Yes people do meet up on a frequent basis, but I've never in 7 years seen anyone snubbed.

By *atasha_DavidCouple
over a year ago

Slough

Note where the pro-eureakas respondents are based.

If your based as near or nearer to Eureakas than Kestrals then it seems, in summer, a viable alternative. If however it would involve another hours travel each way, with the extra travel time reducing playtime and the extra costs for travel it is not a viable alternative for many. The management of Kestrals/AbFabs know this.

over a year ago

"Really? I disagree completely with the last statement. If you talk to others they will talk back, everyone to us are friendly and we have made many friends there. Yes people do meet up on a frequent basis, but I've never in 7 years seen anyone snubbed.

"

completely agree, we visited from Manchester for a few days last summer and loved the place, all staff so friendly, as well as customers, had no problem talking to various couples and singles, as well as having some fun in the woods, cabin, pool, wet area.......too

over a year ago

"Note where the pro-eureakas respondents are based.

If your based as near or nearer to Eureakas than Kestrals then it seems, in summer, a viable alternative. If however it would involve another hours travel each way, with the extra travel time reducing playtime and the extra costs for travel it is not a viable alternative for many. The management of Kestrals/AbFabs know this."

Although i agree that time wise you are right but not price wise. For the amount i save on the entry price at Eureka compared to the complete rip off prices at Kestrels i could travel half way to Scotland !

I have also read on another post that Kestrels put the prices up to increase the quality of singles that attend and to keep the numbers at a sensible level ??? Does anyone actually believe these lies or am i just cynical lol ?

over a year ago

Yes I think Kestrals is to expensive now and thay getting greedy so going to try Eureka very soon even with fuel it will only cost me £10 and £20 max with fuel so it's a saving and I read sum good stuff now about it so don't mind the drive.

over a year ago

"Eureka just seems to be a clicky set of friends meeting there and no-one else gets a look in."

We are going weds/ tonight and def not clicky, well maybe Chris's knees are!!

Xx

over a year ago

"Note where the pro-eureakas respondents are based.

If your based as near or nearer to Eureakas than Kestrals then it seems, in summer, a viable alternative. If however it would involve another hours travel each way, with the extra travel time reducing playtime and the extra costs for travel it is not a viable alternative for many. The management of Kestrals/AbFabs know this."

We are in the middle of the 2. Would pick eurekas even if the same price, love it, hope to see you there sometime x

By *isssexysensualityCouple
over a year ago

Harrow

Kestrel's price hike is definitely targeted at single guys. For instance on wednesday: At 50 quid for a single guy (member) vs 10 quid single woman (member).

The price hike has no influence on single women turning up. But will deter single guys turning up to get laid.

Idea is that there are a lot of guys that always turn up to spas on their own, and never bring a woman. If every guy had this idea. Then there would be very very few women at these places. So either come single for 50 pounds, or come with a woman for 17.50 each, or 25 for guy, and 10 for woman. - A Couple + 1 guy deal would be a good idea. For the good quality guys that add value to these places.

That said, for a couple at 35 quid on a wednesday. I think that's quite steep. (can't remember what it was before). At this price it no longer becomes a weekly regular spa/relaxation with a bit of fun (except for the very affluent). It's seen as more of a one off party event or luxury. So I think they'll get less regular couples coming. They'll still come. Just not as frequent. (and of course any couples that had planned to arrange a meet with another couple or single guy at kestrels, will likely not use the venue for that and perhaps instead just get a hotel or accommodate).

It's a nice place, and it's a lot closer for us, than travelling almost half way around the m25 to get to eurekas. - factoring cost of petrol + how precious time is for us. So despite the hike, I don't think Eurekas is a viable regular alternative for those living in North-West london area.

But if we lived half way between the two venues. Then it would be Eurekas (+ Annual membership).

I think the business model is flawed, and they would get more revenue by lowering the prices (especially for couples!), as it would mean couples could make it a weekly thing.

over a year ago

Love your idea of a price deal for couple + single guy. Brilliant idea!

By *ishopstippleMan
over a year ago

Purley

Well Abfabs tonight Monday was the emptiest (car park 1/3 full) ive ever seen it since ive been going there. Def not worth the £40 single guy fee imo. It was also quiet the Monday before but not as much so. its a great shame its a great place but in this ecconomy its not suprising peps vote with their wallets.

over a year ago

We have been to both Kestrals/Eureka many many times over the years. To be honest trying to compare the two is very difficult as they offer quite different things. What people have said about petrol/travilling cost is always going to be a factor. We live almost halfway between the two so it makes no difference to us at all. If I had to choose then it would be Eureka on a sunny evening in the summer months but i think i might choose Kestrals in the winter as it is a house and less open. That being said we have not been to kestrels/abfabs since last November and was not aware that they have hiked the prices up again. To be honest we would not pay £35 for a Weds night and the cost on a Saturday is just stupid as We believe it to be around £50!! Eureka is not just full of friends, their are lots of people there who don't know each other. Ive been going on and off for the past nine years and don't know everyone! Any club in the country has its regulars and I think it has to be said that you get out what you put in. Anyways have a good time wherever you end up and maybe we will bump in to you in the Brands Hatch area sometime soon... x

By *WEIrishBull OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

That's it. Time to start planning trips to Kent

By *isa2hartWoman
over a year ago

twickenham

i have been using kestrels/abfabs for many yrs and love it however unless its a sunny day,i have decided that hellfire is the place to be ,same travel time ,indoor venue nice people!!! we have been at kestrels come snow,rain or shine and this is how we reg members get rewarded!!£35 is too steep for reg visits,and we are so disappointed at their lack of forthought ...shame it was such a great place to go.....

By *isssexysensualityCouple
over a year ago

Harrow

"i have been using kestrels/abfabs for many yrs and love it however unless its a sunny day,i have decided that hellfire is the place to be ,same travel time ,indoor venue nice people!!! we have been at kestrels come snow,rain or shine and this is how we reg members get rewarded!!£35 is too steep for reg visits,and we are so disappointed at their lack of forthought ...shame it was such a great place to go..... "

Exactly, I think we'll only bother going to Kestrels on really sunny days during the day.

Also their membership is now only 6 months for 40 quid, which means that in order for it to be worth it, you must attend at least 4 times within 6 months. I think before it was life-time membership.

over a year ago

we go often to eureaka and can say its not clicky atall, you will find small groups of friends in every club, when we were there last wkend we spoke to several cples said they used kestrels but found eureaka now the better option for cost and fun, we love eureaka and as its closer than kestrels for us, so it has to be eureaka , with all the new changes and new management things are getting even better

over a year ago

I know all you guys probably don't want to hear this...... But you should all feel quite lucky that you have a choice. There is nothing in Ireland that would come close to the clubs you have to choose from.

Having said that we have visited kestrel/abfab ourselves and regardless of price we found it to be a cracking venue

By *WEIrishBull OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Yes it is a pity we don't have anything like them here but then again both of these clubs are only a short flight away. And with the weather we are having this week the only question is Heathrow or Gatwick.

Post new Message to Thread