Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Xtasia social..loved or hated it?

Jump to newest

By *exyassnlegs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Dudley

We went to the social at Xtasia over the bank holiday, we are regulars there and always feel relaxed. There were definitely far too many people in there, some of them didnt look old enough to be in there, especially the guys, like little boys some of em! The thing we found most annoying was the way some of them carried on, we were in the glory hole and got totally pissed off with guys shining lights inside and running round shouting, put my wife off completely!! Were these people actually members of the club or fab or did they just wander in off the streets? Thats always a danger i guess when summat is free, we would rather it had been a charge on the door and it kept to a sensible number, Im sure half the guys in there had never been vetted, as I say, we are regulars at the club, and always will be, but the night was ruined by total nobheads thinking the whole thing was a big joke and a free for all as far as it came to groping women as they walked past...fucking idiots!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Just going to clarify this one. The door list was taken from members of Fab, no one was let in off the street. That was all they had to be, and membership of Xtasia wasn't needed. Anyone who looked under 21 was challenged at the door on the basis of proving their age, and 3 were turned away on the basis of not being able to prove themselves. During the night only 1 direct complaint was made to door staff about the behaviour of one individual. The lady who raised it was asked to point him out, but was unable to do so at the time, and was left that she would return to us if she saw him again. Had she done so, he would have been asked to leave. Staff spent a lot of time walking around the club, and no other issues were mentioned at the time. Had they been, they'd have been dealt with.

We do think un-verified guest lists is now not really worth considering again. As many point out, there is an element of considerable time wasting and opportunistic membership on here. In future we will look at couples only, or maybe verified by at least 5 other members, and similar options, when offering a freebie to the site.

It does seem however that those who used the dance and social areas in the main had a great night. Those who used the rooms did suffer from an element of either rude comments or wall peekers! and those who used the dark areas were somewhat mobbed. Might need to add a sign, enter dark areas at your own risk! but would prefer to get rid of the element who cause an issue next time. Hope that helps.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't see why people should be verified to be allowed to go, as that's tarring the decent well behaved single guys with same brush as the un-behaved ones.

My suggestion would be a member of staff in dogging area, playrooms area, dance floor area and lounge area, keeping an eye on the very small minority that spoilt thing.

Also since heard a membership deal was being offered, could this not have been mentioned when signing in, as knew nothing about it until yesterday, so missed out on chance to take up on that

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Unfortunately we were unable to attend this event but think it was a very good idea of the club to try something new. We have been reading the comments with interest and have to say it has not put us off attending if the club held another one. We are members of the club although we have only been twice and think the staff have done a brilliant job of answering any constructive critisisms. We totally agree with the no mobile phone policy as we have had problems with someone trying to sneak a picture in the past. What we will say to the owners is please do not let the few ruin it for the majority, please allow single guys but we agree some kind of vetting, either existing members of the club or as you have suggested a minimum number of verifications, 3 rather than 5 as some guys do not always get their varies left. Also there are some great young single guys out there so please do not make it just an oldies couples night, one of our favourite clubs in the north did a similar thing and it is now like a Saga Holiday!! Keep up the good work and hopefully the next one will be another success. Maybe limit it to around 350 though as a few have said it was too busy.

over a year ago

I'm afraid we hated it! Have been to Xtasia several times and found it very hit and miss (like most clubs I guess) but Sunday was a big low for us.

We appreciate that the club had no control over the guest list and as such can't be blamed for the antics which have already been well documented, on the positive side it's clear that Paul and Flick have taken on board both the positive and negative feedback and will without doubt learn from them ...

Sadly, for us the night left a very sour taste so we are unlikely to return, for those who did have a good night I hope you keep going back and support the club, the effort they put in deserves that ...

By *ev and TrevCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

"I don't see why people should be verified to be allowed to go, as that's tarring the decent well behaved single guys with same brush as the un-behaved ones.

My suggestion would be a member of staff in dogging area, playrooms area, dance floor area and lounge area, keeping an eye on the very small minority that spoilt thing.

("

By *s_4_uCouple
over a year ago

nottinghamshire

We loved it, no one bothered us no one was badly behaved towards us. Only bad thing that we found amusing was the mrs knickers went walk abouts in the cinema. But tbh we are partly to blame room full of horny guys and we leave nickers about lol. We took it as a free opportunity to have a look round but we ended up playing and as a result will recommend the club and will go again.

over a year ago

I thought the night was ok it was nice to see lots of people in the club but i seemed as though a lot of people had agreed to meet each other beforehand and did not bother interacting with anyone else.Us members don't actually bite and most are very friendly and approachable and we know the clubs rules about not touching etc.

Would have been nice to have bigger name badges so we can see who is who and maybe turn the music down a fraction.

over a year ago

I had a great night there,was good to put a face to people that I have been chatting to for a while Even bagged myself a sexy fwb out of it so I cant complain lol

over a year ago

We are also members and regular visitors to Xtasia and attended the free night on Sunday. We have to admit that the original idea was a great one and it did work at well to a point, but like everything in life it is much easier to be wise after the event,

We feel that some of the bad points already highlighted in the previous post’s are accurate, yes in hind sight there were perhaps too many people in the club, and indeed some of the single guys needed a lesson in manners for sure but on the whole it went down ok, it has to be said that we wouldn’t go to another one as we feel that inviting non member single guys was perhaps a mistake, in the swinging world I think everyone would agree that couples, in the main, will behave in a respectable manner but if you get a group of single guys together who don’t know how to behave in such circumstances, throw in a few drinks and a sexy environment, then who knows what may have happened.

We are not anti single guys, as our profile shows we do meet a lot of single men without any issue’s, and it has to be said that in all of the time’s we have visited Xtasia we have never had a problem with any of the single members of the club, we would go as far as to say that most if not all of them are genuine respectful guys, and let’s be honest if they were anything other than that then ime sure Paul and Flirt would have no hesitation in revoking their membership.

In conclusion we think Sunday night may have been better if the invitation to the single guys was for members only, and perhaps the number of people should be cut to perhaps 350. We shall continue to go to the club for no other reason that it is a great place and we commend both Paul and Flirt for their continued efforts in getting the club back to its former glory

over a year ago

Bad points .... nowhere apart from the cinema to go and just relax and take 5 mins ... ppl occupying playrooms to look into other playrooms and wank while watching uninvited and the top bar seemed really seedy also on the night in question dare i say it again but too many single men ... Good Points ... Cheap drinks and friendly staff ... tbh in hind sight i didn't really enjoy my night there and doubt we shall be back ...

over a year ago

We thought the staff were brilliant for our first time. We were both nervous but as soon as we walked in the staff made us feel at ease. We didnt enjoy the atmosphere created by some certain individuals who were acting immaturely. We were thinking about playing in the club together but they changed the mood for us. Apart from that we were quite happy although we too missed out on the free membership offer :/ lol x

By *exyassnlegs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Dudley

Well done Paul and Flirt in taking the comments on board, both positive and negative...very professional, as we said, we will always be regulars at your club..we love it there and always feel welcome...keep up the good work!

over a year ago

we have been members at the club for some years and regularly attend on couples nights on saturday evenings first thing to say is that Paul, Flirt and the whole team at Xt should be given recognition for the effort that has been made to improve the club

We attended the social with another couple who had not been for some time they were astounded at how much the club has changed and will be back again. At the end of the day the night was advertised as a free social if some people weren't comfortable with some guests they should have considered that before attending. . . . . if you don't get on with single guys why go when there's likely to be lots of them? we had a great time and enjoyed the company of all those we met . . . everyone at _tasia should be congratulated for trying something different I'm certain there will be improvements next time trust these guys to know what they're doing

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"We are also members and regular visitors to Xtasia and attended the free night on Sunday. We have to admit that the original idea was a great one and it did work at well to a point, but like everything in life it is much easier to be wise after the event,

We feel that some of the bad points already highlighted in the previous post’s are accurate, yes in hind sight there were perhaps too many people in the club, and indeed some of the single guys needed a lesson in manners for sure but on the whole it went down ok, it has to be said that we wouldn’t go to another one as we feel that inviting non member single guys was perhaps a mistake, in the swinging world I think everyone would agree that couples, in the main, will behave in a respectable manner but if you get a group of single guys together who don’t know how to behave in such circumstances, throw in a few drinks and a sexy environment, then who knows what may have happened.

We are not anti single guys, as our profile shows we do meet a lot of single men without any issue’s, and it has to be said that in all of the time’s we have visited Xtasia we have never had a problem with any of the single members of the club, we would go as far as to say that most if not all of them are genuine respectful guys, and let’s be honest if they were anything other than that then ime sure Paul and Flirt would have no hesitation in revoking their membership.

In conclusion we think Sunday night may have been better if the invitation to the single guys was for members only, and perhaps the number of people should be cut to perhaps 350. We shall continue to go to the club for no other reason that it is a great place and we commend both Paul and Flirt for their continued efforts in getting the club back to its former glory

"

I have to say I agree with this and sums up my feelings too, especially the last paragraph

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"We thought the staff were brilliant for our first time. We were both nervous but as soon as we walked in the staff made us feel at ease. We didnt enjoy the atmosphere created by some certain individuals who were acting immaturely. We were thinking about playing in the club together but they changed the mood for us. Apart from that we were quite happy although we too missed out on the free membership offer :/ lol x "

On one of the other Xtasia threads, the owners have stated that if you contact them and you were on the FFFF guest list they will still allow you to have the offer that was there on the night, if thats of any help to you.

By *ichie21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

Think to stop opportunistic members of FAB getting into the club you need to be a member on fAB for at least 12 months...

over a year ago

"Think to stop opportunistic members of FAB getting into the club you need to be a member on fAB for at least 12 months..."

Thats not going to guarantee they're well behaved though.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"Think to stop opportunistic members of FAB getting into the club you need to be a member on fAB for at least 12 months...

Thats not going to guarantee they're well behaved though."

To be honest nothing is going to guarantee they are going to be well behaved. You could for instance charge £100 for each single male and insist they have been on FAB for 12 months with 3 verifications and they may still misbehave.

To me, if Xtasia or for that matter any other club held a similar free event, then I would say that the single male admission criteria would be as suggested elsewhere of being a FAB member with 3 veri's or a FAB and a mamber of that club too.

The key though would be having sufficient staff patrolling the club because it isn't a "normal" night and those staff removing people for misbehaviour, ie if a lady is on a bed with heels on, thus potentially damaging the bed, then a warning might be suffice, if a guy is climbing a wall to look over the top then removal from the club might be more appropriate.

By *ichie21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Think to stop opportunistic members of FAB getting into the club you need to be a member on fAB for at least 12 months...

Thats not going to guarantee they're well behaved though."

Totaly agree with you, it is a difficult one to police. I'm sure Paul and Flirt will sort something out but it is a shame for the 'good guys'. I for one was disgusted with some guys mainly of asian ethnicity hunting in packs and looking at the women as if they were dirt.

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

" ie if a lady is on a bed with heels on, thus potentially damaging the bed, then a warning might be suffice, if a guy is climbing a wall to look over the top then removal from the club might be more appropriate."

lol...sorry, guys shoes are flat and rarely do damage...and all he's doing is shortcutting the mirrors. The ladies heels if they go through ruin a £100 pvc cover, and there are signs everywhere asking them not to do it.....to us, you have these two the wrong way round!! Guys with 3 veri's and ladies in slippers....sounds good to me,

By *tasiaCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

"

I for one was disgusted with some guys mainly of asian ethnicity hunting in packs and looking at the women as if they were dirt."

Again, we disagree it was one ethnicity, as we saw many smaller groups throughout the night, touring for fun. There is something to be said for not allowing "groups or teams" in, as they tend to cluster, but again, a very difficult one to enforce. They also often provide great entertainment, as witnessed early on in the camera room, so swings and roundabouts again.

over a year ago

Just because some single guys are young do they all get tarred with the same brush ..... Come on guys we all started somewhere ! X

By *idsmixedcplCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

We didn't go to this event, but I do have to say that we love _tasia and think it's sad that people who were put off my certain individuals will not give it another shot.

Single guys are always saying they don't get a chance at clubs due to waiting lists/high membership fees etc, and I think it was a great idea for _tasia to do something like this, it's different and brave, and yes perhaps some fab members spoilt it for others, but good on the club for trying something new.

over a year ago

"Just because some single guys are young do they all get tarred with the same brush ..... Come on guys we all started somewhere ! X"

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

I think that the verified single member idea is sound and workable. OK, non-verified members may be tarred with the same brush as the hoodlums who were there last time, but what other choice is there after the last experience? It's either verifications or a minimum age. I can see a lot of people not wanting to return to another "do" if there are no measures at all in place.

As for starting somewhere. Yes, a lot of people have had to learn by their mistakes. A lot of people made some mistakes at the FFFF and this will be a lesson that they too will have to learn from.

How about, as an alternative, the number of guys being limited to a fixed figure ("x"), and as a reward for "good behaviour" and "services rendered" on Fab, why not offer those places to the "x" number with the most number of verifications?

over a year ago

"I think that the verified single member idea is sound and workable. OK, non-verified members may be tarred with the same brush as the hoodlums who were there last time, but what other choice is there after the last experience? It's either verifications or a minimum age. I can see a lot of people not wanting to return to another "do" if there are no measures at all in place.

As for starting somewhere. Yes, a lot of people have had to learn by their mistakes. A lot of people made some mistakes at the FFFF and this will be a lesson that they too will have to learn from.

How about, as an alternative, the number of guys being limited to a fixed figure ("x"), and as a reward for "good behaviour" and "services rendered" on Fab, why not offer those places to the "x" number with the most number of verifications?"

I disagree, verified single males can be hoodlums too To be honest the single male problem was exaggerated in my belief, only a very few that was pestering and climbing walls, this could easily have been controlled and stopped with higher staff presence, one in playrooms at all times, one in each social area at all times, asking packs of guys to split up if necessary and leave if they refused. I only had issued with two asian guys, and they soon stopped when they heard verbal from my mouth. I don't see why every single male should be tarred and unable to come to such a future event, over a very small minority of idiots that were there.

If _tasia were to run the function again, I would suggest more staff, or asking long time regulars to become marshall's for the night, offering them a free night in the club at a time they choose for helping out.

over a year ago

"We went to the social at Xtasia over the bank holiday, we are regulars there and always feel relaxed. There were definitely far too many people in there, some of them didnt look old enough to be in there, especially the guys, like little boys some of em! The thing we found most annoying was the way some of them carried on, we were in the glory hole and got totally pissed off with guys shining lights inside and running round shouting, put my wife off completely!! Were these people actually members of the club or fab or did they just wander in off the streets? Thats always a danger i guess when summat is free, we would rather it had been a charge on the door and it kept to a sensible number, Im sure half the guys in there had never been vetted, as I say, we are regulars at the club, and always will be, but the night was ruined by total nobheads thinking the whole thing was a big joke and a free for all as far as it came to groping women as they walked past...fucking idiots!!"
Once again the singke guys get slatted because if a few mindless fuckwitts..i had a great time and sat with some great people most of the night..so i think it totally unfair that the good ones should suffer because of the moorons

over a year ago

Hell why not just ban us singles altogether and be done with it?????

By *ooo lushWoman
over a year ago

manchester/Leeds

I attend the free night and it was my first time ever at _tasia ... Got to say it was a great night ... Big thanku to u both ...

All guys were very respectable and polite as were all staff i had a fab night to.the point i took the time to travel back down the following friday from manchester bringing two new people to introduce to the club ..

Well done keep up the hard work ...

over a year ago

"Hell why not just ban us singles altogether and be done with it?????"

I'm a single girl, looking to meet males, most (99%) are genuine and respectable, whether verified or not, I totally disagree that males shouldn't be allowed, or only allowed if verified, it's hard for guys to get verified which is one reason they goto clubs, to meet, chat and get verified, if that's taken away from them then I may as well pack up my profile now

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Once again the single guys get slatted because if a few mindless fuckwitts...i think it totally unfair that the good ones should suffer because of the moorons"

Totally agree...so what do you do to filter out the idiots and keep the good guys on board?

This has never been a problem with "regular" Xtasia single male members, just the people off this site who got in on a freebie.

If you have any better suggestions than a minimum age or verifications, then I'm sure that it will be well received.

I don't think that doing nothing about it is the answer though.

over a year ago

Im not saying that nothing should be done...it was my first time at _tasia and yes im a fab member but i didnt make an arse of myself...i have my SIA door badge and if there were to be another i would gladly work the door or walk round to deter any trouble.

If Xtasia would like the help then it is on offer

By *s_4_uCouple
over a year ago

nottinghamshire

"Once again the single guys get slatted because if a few mindless fuckwitts...i think it totally unfair that the good ones should suffer because of the moorons

Totally agree...so what do you do to filter out the idiots and keep the good guys on board?

This has never been a problem with "regular" Xtasia single male members, just the people off this site who got in on a freebie.

If you have any better suggestions than a minimum age or verifications, then I'm sure that it will be well received.

I don't think that doing nothing about it is the answer though."

I think you are going ott. Single guys need to come to clubs to get verified. I think we all no the answer more staff equals less trouble from idiots. There ya go problem solved.

By *ondonpride69Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

This was our first visit to _tasias in a few years. We were pleasantly surprised on how much work had been done on the place.

We went there on the basis that it was a social and gave the playrooms a miss. The staff were friendly and the people seemed great. Not everyone will be our cup of tea (and we don't judge people if they are large or small, single guys Asian or couples who dress differently to us it's about diversity). We came away having spoken to two lovely couples who we will keep in touch with. So as a social goes we made new friends and loved it. There are some down points as to all clubs, but not enough to say we hated it.

By *xy_guy300Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"

I for one was disgusted with some guys mainly of asian ethnicity hunting in packs and looking at the women as if they were dirt.

Again, we disagree it was one ethnicity, as we saw many smaller groups throughout the night, touring for fun. There is something to be said for not allowing "groups or teams" in, as they tend to cluster, but again, a very difficult one to enforce. They also often provide great entertainment, as witnessed early on in the camera room, so swings and roundabouts again."

I came along with a few members of my group Teamhorseman. We don't and have never done the hunt in pack thing and tend to play solo unless asked for "extra's" In all fairness were simply a group of friends that have known each other for a significant time and are all members and regulars of the club.

Guys will always cluster especially when you know each other its no different to a group of people in the smoking area.

Yeah there were alot of people in the club but i think the general atmosphere was great didnt see any issues myself but if i had and it had been a single guy like many other regulars i'd probably intervene and direct paul or flirt to the complainant.

By *xy_guy300Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Just because some single guys are young do they all get tarred with the same brush ..... Come on guys we all started somewhere ! X"

Exactly

Im 30 and had my first meet at 19(gosh such a long time ago), and have met many people since then.

Its not age that makes single guys ignorant or disruptive in relation to the club atmosphere its experience. I think _tasia do well with single guys and ive seen them in the past ask people to leave discreetly if they've sensed there could be issues with the individual.

Unfortunately i have to say its been the more mature man on the occassions i've witnessed that and the odd inexperienced couple.

I for one look young and if thats a crime then please pass me by as you cant win them all.

Alot of people ive met that consider themselves experienced have under 4 years swinging experience so not as experienced as they may believe and thats proven when we exchange tails lol

On the whole i think everyone deserves an opportunity experience the club atmosphere. So hopefully us single guys will still get the chance.

I'd say a minimum of 3 varifications for a single guy is fair as to get just one some may find impossible.

By *xy_guy300Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"

I for one was disgusted with some guys mainly of asian ethnicity hunting in packs and looking at the women as if they were dirt.

Again, we disagree it was one ethnicity, as we saw many smaller groups throughout the night, touring for fun. There is something to be said for not allowing "groups or teams" in, as they tend to cluster, but again, a very difficult one to enforce. They also often provide great entertainment, as witnessed early on in the camera room, so swings and roundabouts again."

Glad you enjoyed the show, it's fastly becoming my favourite room. Hope my cheques in the post lol

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"I think that the verified single member idea is sound and workable. OK, non-verified members may be tarred with the same brush as the hoodlums who were there last time, but what other choice is there after the last experience? It's either verifications or a minimum age. I can see a lot of people not wanting to return to another "do" if there are no measures at all in place.

How about, as an alternative, the number of guys being limited to a fixed figure ("x"), and as a reward for "good behaviour" and "services rendered" on Fab, why not offer those places to the "x" number with the most number of verifications?

I disagree, verified single males can be hoodlums too To be honest the single male problem was exaggerated in my belief, only a very few that was pestering and climbing walls, this could easily have been controlled and stopped with higher staff presence, one in playrooms at all times, one in each social area at all times, asking packs of guys to split up if necessary and leave if they refused. I only had issued with two asian guys, and they soon stopped when they heard verbal from my mouth. I don't see why every single male should be tarred and unable to come to such a future event, over a very small minority of idiots that were there.

If _tasia were to run the function again, I would suggest more staff, or asking long time regulars to become marshall's for the night, offering them a free night in the club at a time they choose for helping out."

I totally agree with this from Dirtyeyes.

The thing to remember about this event was it was an Xtasia organised event inviting members of FAB to attend for free.

Interestingly, Xtasia are hosting a party for another web site this Sunday evening which has been organised by the website. The differences already are that every person whom has been invited has recieved a mail stating whats expected in terms of behaviour and club rules prior to anyone turning up, plus an indication of the mix of people attending too. Thus it seems that lessons learnt at the FFFF are already being implemented and it'll be interesting to see if there is more staff keeping a discreet eye on things to ensure that things don't get out of hand.

I've said previously that I thought this FFFF party was a brave thing to embark on by the club, and that by and large it was pretty successful, but as with anything new lessons get learnt and if things are tweaked for future events rather than radically changed it should mean that it's even more successfull.

over a year ago

One other thing to remember is that it was representation of fabs and not a representation of _tasia as the 2 are totally different things we never have this problem on a normal club night.

over a year ago

"One other thing to remember is that it was representation of fabs and not a representation of _tasia as the 2 are totally different things we never have this problem on a normal club night."

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"One other thing to remember is that it was representation of fabs and not a representation of _tasia as the 2 are totally different things we never have this problem on a normal club night."

absolutely, would be interesting to look through the profiles of the single guys who went (if that's where people thought the issues were coming from)

over a year ago

Credit to Xtasia for trying something diffrent I had a good night and spoke to a few new people while there.

I also went to another social they did in January for single guys no behaviour complaints that night were made if I remember rightly.

By *xy_guy300Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Credit to Xtasia for trying something diffrent I had a good night and spoke to a few new people while there.

I also went to another social they did in January for single guys no behaviour complaints that night were made if I remember rightly.

"

The club is definately going from strength to strength. I went to that single guy event and yeah it was cool, again credit to them for trying something different.

over a year ago

"One other thing to remember is that it was representation of fabs and not a representation of _tasia as the 2 are totally different things we never have this problem on a normal club night.

absolutely, would be interesting to look through the profiles of the single guys who went (if that's where people thought the issues were coming from) "

Well the list is still on the original thread - so go take a peek!!

Oh - and I was there myself albeit with company and other friends - and I've already fed back that I suspect the fact it was a free event was exploited by a few who wouldn't normally visit a club environment.

over a year ago

"One other thing to remember is that it was representation of fabs and not a representation of _tasia as the 2 are totally different things we never have this problem on a normal club night.

absolutely, would be interesting to look through the profiles of the single guys who went (if that's where people thought the issues were coming from)

Well the list is still on the original thread - so go take a peek!!

Oh - and I was there myself albeit with company and other friends - and I've already fed back that I suspect the fact it was a free event was exploited by a few who wouldn't normally visit a club environment. "

Good point

By *mooth talking danMan
over a year ago

near

On the night I didn't enjoy so much but I Networked a lot and in reflection It was a good thing x

Post new Message to Thread