Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Abfab kestrels minimum age change

Jump to newest

By *ello OP   Woman
14 weeks ago

alpha centauri

So just got email explaining that kestrels/abfabs are raising the minimum age from 21 to 25 , hopefully this doesn't affect too many members, luckily I'm way too old for this to be an issue but if I was 22 and loved going to there but all of a sudden couldn't id be so upset. Hopefully the ones that it does affect will be able to find an alternative place to attend

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imply DeeWoman
14 weeks ago

Wherever

Just got an email too. I wonder what made them to make this change in a first place.

By *-MrGatsby-.Man
14 weeks ago

London and Sandy

It's probably a requirement to keep their licence or insurance and an attempt to avoid accidently (fake ID) admitting entrance to anyone under age.

By *r OreoMan
14 weeks ago

Croydon

Saw that too and wondered as to why - very short notice as well, esp the part where rather than letting someone run down their membership, they will cancel it and refund instead.

By *ello OP   Woman
14 weeks ago

alpha centauri

Guessing it's an ID issue.

like all the shops have to challenge under 25s when it used to be those who look under 21. Younguns these days must be looking older, younger now

By *zrealWolfMan
14 weeks ago

Reading

Thankfully I’m OLD, but yeah I could see it would put out the younger group who already attend

By *urreyVixenStagCouple
14 weeks ago

Staines

Unfortunately, insurance will not cover under 25's for members of the public, hence the age change.

By *dysseusukMan
14 weeks ago

Chelmsford

There may be a few, but not sure that many under 25 attend clubs. Abfabs/Kestrals has always struck me as 30-60 bracket. Probably designed to stop the young male idiots who attend sometimes because they think its a laugh and just get d*unk!

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

It's a shame that there is so much red tape as I know a few under 25s who like to go, hell it was the only place I got to meet up with someone after she moved house at one point, as well as few members of a group on a Sunday afternoon. Can only do what they can do unfortunately

By *urreyVixenStagCouple
14 weeks ago

Staines

"There may be a few, but not sure that many under 25 attend clubs. Abfabs/Kestrals has always struck me as 30-60 bracket. Probably designed to stop the young male idiots who attend sometimes because they think its a laugh and just get d*unk!"

No, it is literally an insurance issue like I said.

By *ightMountainMan
14 weeks ago

Basingstoke

Yeah it's an insurance thing sadly. Got some friends affected by it

By *urreyVixenStagCouple
14 weeks ago

Staines

"Yeah it's an insurance thing sadly. Got some friends affected by it"

Well, it was either up the age limit as insurance company wanted - or everyone loses the club.

By *ou4funCouple
14 weeks ago

farnborough

Don't want that the club to close

Was there yesterday and all the improvements to the bar area and club it such a great place with amazing staff

It is a shame for the younger people that have enjoyed it in the past but won't be able to carry on using it

But hopefully it will be there for them when they reach 25

By *exy and HotCouple
14 weeks ago

St Albans

"Don't want that the club to close

Was there yesterday and all the improvements to the bar area and club it such a great place with amazing staff

It is a shame for the younger people that have enjoyed it in the past but won't be able to carry on using it

But hopefully it will be there for them when they reach 25 "

Over the last 12 months the club has really improved, and the under 25s will in due course enjoy it!

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
14 weeks ago

chichester

So how do nightclubs function with 18+ nights then with insurance. Surely it’s just speaking to other insurance companies ? For ones that are not as uncomfortable with it .

By *exy and HotCouple
14 weeks ago

St Albans

"So how do nightclubs function with 18+ nights then with insurance. Surely it’s just speaking to other insurance companies ? For ones that are not as uncomfortable with it .

"

It’s highly likely that the club management have looked at options. It’s much more than a night club after all!

By *ightMountainMan
13 weeks ago

Basingstoke

"So how do nightclubs function with 18+ nights then with insurance. Surely it’s just speaking to other insurance companies ? For ones that are not as uncomfortable with it .

"

The insurance required is different from a night club.

Post new Message to Thread