Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Sex discrimination

Jump to newest

By *itan Mynutz OP   Man
8 weeks ago

Taunton

Shower thought I need to share, are clubs breaking the law by charging different entrance prices and or restricting access based on gender?

I get it would just be a load of guys jerking off if women had to pay full price though.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tasiaCouple
8 weeks ago

West Bromwich

"Shower thought I need to share, are clubs breaking the law by charging different entrance prices and or restricting access based on gender?

I get it would just be a load of guys jerking off if women had to pay full price though. "

No

By *urreyVixenStagCouple
8 weeks ago

Staines

"Shower thought I need to share, are clubs breaking the law by charging different entrance prices and or restricting access based on gender?

I get it would just be a load of guys jerking off if women had to pay full price though. "

The sex discrimination act does not apply to Private Members Clubs. So, in short, the answer is no.

By *tasiaCouple
8 weeks ago

West Bromwich

The Act allows private clubs and other associations (except political parties) to restrict membership to people who share protected characteristics.

By *onderWomanWlvWoman
8 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

It's an important distinction that it isn't that they charge single men more, it's that they charge single women less.

By *urreyVixenStagCouple
8 weeks ago

Staines

"It's an important distinction that it isn't that they charge single men more, it's that they charge single women less. "

By *eavenscentitCouple
8 weeks ago

barnstaple

How worried are you about inequality ! ?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

8 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

No.

Aside from the fact a club owner has already confirmed this above, Here's an extract from the Citizens Advice website.

"Another example of sex discrimination is a club which offers free entrance only to women. However, a private members' club is allowed to discriminate against women or men in this way. Examples of a private members' club include working men’s clubs, golf clubs, bowling clubs, and gentlemen’s clubs."

Doesn't mention swingers clubs of course, but you get the drift....

By *alcon43Woman
8 weeks ago

Paisley

I’m only familiar with golf clubs but they had a lower price for women as they had less access to the course. Restricted Tee of times. It wasn’t just about gender.

Although when it came to competitions where it was a mixed event, the women were obviously in demand. Nothing really changes.

Clubs had to be equal if they applied for Lottery funding.

By *oobbiensarCouple
7 weeks ago

erith

I can,t imagine any swingers clubs getting a lottery fund lol.

By *neeyedwillieMan
7 weeks ago

Darlington

No.

Everyone else has answered correctly.as to why it's not discrimination but here's the lowdown.

If you let single guys in at the same rates as women, you end up with clubs full of single guys and very few women and/or couples.

Trust me...try being the only couole or only single woman in a club when there's 20 horny single guys in there. Great if that is your dream scenario. Total nightmare if it's not.

Some (not all) guys don't know how to behave and the pricing structure gives some sort of balance for a few reasons.

By *abioMan
7 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's an important distinction that it isn't that they charge single men more, it's that they charge single women less. "

Bingo……..

They are actively attracting people who may not normally think of attending

By *homs728Man
2 weeks ago

Birmingham

hight and size seems to be an issue for being able to play with these wonderful women

showing appreciation or clearly state bbwlover in my profile ain’t change anything to me

just got left out unfairly.. !!!!

spending on travelling to get in these event and none of them girls have a clue on what it cost to be ready for.. it!!!

being clean fit got your budget for the night

car cost hotel… ect !

it’s just pointless on Fabswingers!!!!

By *anielpiercedMan
2 weeks ago

by the seaside

"hight and size seems to be an issue for being able to play with these wonderful women

showing appreciation or clearly state bbwlover in my profile ain’t change anything to me

spending on travelling to get in these event and none of them girls have a clue on what it cost to be ready for.. it!!!

car cost hotel… ect !

"

That is your first mistake the sense of entitlement that because you've paid you should get sex that is not what swinging is about.

By *ames250122Man
2 weeks ago

Worcester

Possibly it could be seen as positive discrimination. Different entry fees though have been a acceptable practice for a long time in society that doesn’t quite reach the threshold of discrimination so I think it would be a struggle to get society to view it any different. Likewise with laws on safe spaces it would be very difficult to say it was discriminatory to exclude by gender and even harder a argument to make if some are allowed even if in a minority

By *hellebelleWoman
2 weeks ago

ashford

"hight and size seems to be an issue for being able to play with these wonderful women

car cost hotel… ect !

That is your first mistake the sense of entitlement that because you've paid you should get sex that is not what swinging is about.

"

Exactly this!

If someone has this expectation then I suggest putting their money towards getting a paid s** worker to guarantee them a bunk up.

It’s attitudes like this that make me tend to stick to couples and single lady nights only at clubs because he isn’t the only single guy I’ve come across at clubs to have this mind set.

By *exy and HotCouple
2 weeks ago

St Albans

car cost hotel… ect !

Exactly this!

If someone has this expectation then I suggest putting their money towards getting a paid s** worker to guarantee them a bunk up.

It’s attitudes like this that make me tend to stick to couples and single lady nights only at clubs because he isn’t the only single guy I’ve come across at clubs to have this mind set.

"

We recently had single men banging on our locked playroom door. This is why we prefer couples only evenings.

By *enhamhoopMan
2 weeks ago

Denham

car cost hotel… ect !

Exactly this!

We recently had single men banging on our locked playroom door. This is why we prefer couples only evenings. "

it's guys like this that make the rest of us not welcome all I can do is say sorry on their behalf

By *ixenmaster69Couple
2 weeks ago

wilts

"

We recently had single men banging on our locked playroom door. This is why we prefer couples only evenings. "

We’ve had a lot of this. Locked door. No window. But repeated banging. Humph

By *1tomMan
2 weeks ago

Peterborough

That's exactly the same thing..

By *1tomMan
2 weeks ago

Peterborough

I've attended clubs mostly as a single male (and as part of a MF couple). I'm fine with the cost disparities even though it discriminates against me as a solo male. It is necessary to encourage the right mix of numbers between Ms, Fs and couples. Guestlist control alone doesn't really achieve this.

I've been to a club night where it was the same cost per person. There were two couples, about 70 men and three women, all of which seemed flustered and somewhat bombarded, and when ever a woman moved, it was like the DJ had put on The Conga. Hardly anyone spoke. Awful atmosphere. It kinda made me embarassed to be male! If I need to explain why that just didn't work, you've probably never been to a decent club!

Post new Message to Thread