Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Unfair Treatment After My Playmate Left

Jump to newest

By *heitaliandreamer OP   Man
51 weeks ago

Northampton

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a recent experience I had at a well known club that took an unexpected turn. Last Friday, my usual playmate all of sudden appeared and I decided to enter the club as a couple after i was waiting in line as a single man. We paid the appropriate couple fee and were excited to have a great time. However, our plans quickly changed when my playmate started feeling unwell and had to leave after approximately 20 minutes.

As my playmate left, I found myself alone inside the club, feeling concerned about her well-being. Shortly after, I was approached by a security guard who abruptly informed me that since my playmate had left, I would now have to pay the full single man fee. I was taken aback by this sudden change in policy and the lack of empathy in the situation.

I tried explaining the circumstances to the security guard, emphasizing that my playmate's departure was due to her sudden illness. I hoped they would understand and consider making an exception, especially since we had initially paid the couple fee. However, my request was met with indifference, and I was forced to pay the full single man fee.

The treatment I received left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. It seemed unfair to penalize me for something that was beyond my control. I believe there should be more understanding and flexibility in situations like these, where unforeseen circumstances arise.

I wanted to share this experience to shed light on the importance of fair treatment in such situations. It is crucial for clubs to have policies that consider exceptional circumstances and show empathy towards their patrons. Clear communication and understanding can greatly improve the overall experience for everyone involved.

If any of you have encountered similar situations or have any advice on how to address such issues, I would greatly appreciate your input. It is through sharing our experiences and discussing these matters that we can work towards a fairer and more inclusive club environment.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience. Let's hope that incidents like these lead to positive changes and greater awareness in the future.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

I appreciate that what happened threw you off, but when you take a breather and try to look at this situation from the club's point of view, you may realise they are actually correct, even though I believe they could have been a bit more empathetic. You were waiting as a single guy to get into the club, and skipped that line because, unexpectedly, your playmate turned up. Making it possible for the two of you to get in as a couple. Here I don't even mean the financial implications but just the m:f ratio. Then your playmate got unwell, had to leave, and you stayed as now single man, adding to the number of single men already in the club and affecting the m:f ratio.

To be honest, in my opinion, the club could have asked you to leave as you were no longer a couple. Yet they allowed you to stay, but making you pay the single male rate you should have paid in the first instance. I don't blame them, sorry!

By *toC Thats MeWoman
51 weeks ago

Sheffield

You can’t really say it’s unfair treatment if it’s the club policy. Most clubs I’ve been to if you attend as a couple you have to arrive together, and leave together…this goes for the M and F.

I do agree making you pay again was unfair, maybe pay the difference, but they could have asked you to leave.

By *os19Man
51 weeks ago

Edmonton

I think if the OP is a regular club goer of the club he has mentioned as a single guy as well as part of a couple then perhaps as a one off the club could have considered allowing him to stay on at the price he paid.If it was me I would have actually left with the lady I attended with to make sure that she was ok.

By *ischiefManaged69Couple
51 weeks ago

Preston

I think the club have done the right thing for the other patrons there. A lot of clubs would have said you both needed to leave at the same time so they were being empathetic allowing you to stay as a single male.

Out of interest, do you and your long term playmate have a couples membership to the club, and have you been there frequently as a couple?

By *unBrumCplCouple
51 weeks ago

Birmingham

Firstly, nobody forced you to pay the single male fee, you could have left. You ended up being there as a single male so should pay the single male fee. Apart from all that, if your playmate became unwell, why would you choose to stay at the club rather than leaving with her to make sure that she’s ok?

By (user no longer on site)
51 weeks ago

Rules are rules OP

You don't have much luck with clubs it seems

By *panishRebelMan
51 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a recent experience I had at a well known club that took an unexpected turn. Last Friday, my usual playmate all of sudden appeared and I decided to enter the club as a couple after i was waiting in line as a single man. We paid the appropriate couple fee and were excited to have a great time. However, our plans quickly changed when my playmate started feeling unwell and had to leave after approximately 20 minutes.

As my playmate left, I found myself alone inside the club, feeling concerned about her well-being. Shortly after, I was approached by a security guard who abruptly informed me that since my playmate had left, I would now have to pay the full single man fee. I was taken aback by this sudden change in policy and the lack of empathy in the situation.

I tried explaining the circumstances to the security guard, emphasizing that my playmate's departure was due to her sudden illness. I hoped they would understand and consider making an exception, especially since we had initially paid the couple fee. However, my request was met with indifference, and I was forced to pay the full single man fee.

The treatment I received left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. It seemed unfair to penalize me for something that was beyond my control. I believe there should be more understanding and flexibility in situations like these, where unforeseen circumstances arise.

I wanted to share this experience to shed light on the importance of fair treatment in such situations. It is crucial for clubs to have policies that consider exceptional circumstances and show empathy towards their patrons. Clear communication and understanding can greatly improve the overall experience for everyone involved.

If any of you have encountered similar situations or have any advice on how to address such issues, I would greatly appreciate your input. It is through sharing our experiences and discussing these matters that we can work towards a fairer and more inclusive club environment.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience. Let's hope that incidents like these lead to positive changes and greater awareness in the future.

"

It's usually written in club guidelines on their rules and regulations etc that if a partner leaves you pay the full price.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
51 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I thought that was the rules at everywhere..I've even been asked to pay again as a single lady.

Although if who I came in with was poorly.. I'd be going with them x

By *dysseusukMan
51 weeks ago

Chelmsford

I think if my play partner had left feeling unwell, I would have left also. I think I would have been too concerned to have a good time alone anyway. I understand the club’s perspective but I think the odd thing is that the Op stayed himself rather than ensuring his play partner was ok.

By *arleyQuinnandTheJokerCouple
51 weeks ago

Cumbria

You were not that concerned that you looked after her and left with her, if that is 'concerned' I would be a bit worried

51 weeks ago

Northampton

I am going to answer the most common questions asked:

1) yes we have been regular at the club both as single and as couple

2) i didn't leave as my playmate has told me she didn't need me and she wanted me to stay at the club

I was mainly upset by the way the club has dealt with me, making me feel very uncomfortable and talking to me in front of other guests. A behaviour i didn't deserve as i never caused any issues...never.

Anyway it was good to read your thoughts

51 weeks ago

Northampton

I cant go into details but i did what i was meant to do. Focus on the issues i have highlighted rather that suggesting i should have left the club. Thank you

51 weeks ago

"I cant go into details but i did what i was meant to do. Focus on the issues i have highlighted rather that suggesting i should have left the club. Thank you"

If you use the 'reply and quote', we'll know who your talking to and referencing

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

"I cant go into details but i did what i was meant to do. Focus on the issues i have highlighted rather that suggesting i should have left the club. Thank you"

Ok, the club security guard should not have talked to you in front of other guests, they should have taken you to the side. But the club was well within the rights to get you to pay single male fee- as others have said, they allowed you to stay rather than asked you to leave when your playmate left. A lot of the times, if one goes from a couple, the other is asked to leave. And you did come in as part of a couple.

51 weeks ago

Northampton

Of course this is just a personal view on what has happened to me. I am sure you all would have been ok with it

51 weeks ago

Northampton

"I cant go into details but i did what i was meant to do. Focus on the issues i have highlighted rather that suggesting i should have left the club. Thank you

If you use the 'reply and quote', we'll know who your talking to and referencing "

I was talking to everyone

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

"Of course this is just a personal view on what has happened to me. I am sure you all would have been ok with it"

Also, OP, you CHOSE to stay in the club despite the way security guard spoke to you, and despite the fact they asked you to pay again. You could have left.

51 weeks ago

"You were not that concerned that you looked after her and left with her, if that is 'concerned' I would be a bit worried"

By *ucka39Man
51 weeks ago

Newcastle

"I think if my play partner had left feeling unwell, I would have left also. I think I would have been too concerned to have a good time alone anyway. I understand the club’s perspective but I think the odd thing is that the Op stayed himself rather than ensuring his play partner was ok. "

This totally good shout

51 weeks ago

Northampton

What part of i did what i was told to do by my playmate is still not clear? Do you want me to repeat again hundred times why i stayed? We are adults here...i am not a selfish asshole so if i stayed i had my good reasons. I hope this will stop your patronising

By *inkForLifeCouple
51 weeks ago

North Shields

You clearly gamed the system to get a discount entry and then stayed as a single guy. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Flip this around. Would you have entered the club as an unplanned couple of the price for couples were higher?

The fact you didn't leave with your play partner when they were ill would strongly suggest to the club you aren't an actual couple.

Personally, if you're not in an established relationship outside the club, and attending the club as a couple, then you shouldn't be entering as a couple. I'd suggest a good indicator would be, do you both have a history of entering the club as singles on the same night. Ie do you arrive separately and "meet up" at the club. If so, the that isn't in the spirit of couples entry.

By *ebblesnBambamCouple
51 weeks ago

mk

Why would you enter the club as a couple, when clearly you are a single , both you and the club are at fault ,the club should have a membership system setup ,so they know who are couples and singles , obviously they have not and just let anybody in , we have a couples membership at 3 different clubs and all 3 would only let us in as a couple ,we are not allowed to go as singles and if one of us left the club the other one would also have to leave ,if we wanted to attend as singles we would have to apply for 2 single memberships

By *amantha_JadeWoman
51 weeks ago

Newcastle

The club were well within their rights to either charge you a single male fee or ask you to leave if non compliant. No one forced you to stay if you didn’t like what the club were requesting, but granted, they could have took you to one side and spoke to you privately. IMO, from reading your post, it appears the main reason you were keen to gain entry as a ‘couple’ was to pay a lower fee. A genuine couple would have been planning to attend a club night together regardless and wouldn’t have just ‘suddenly appeared’ in the queue outside, and regardless of your unwell playmate insisting you stay, in the case of a genuine couple, you would have came together and left together. If anything, I think this post just highlights that a couple should have a verified joint membership that isn’t interchangeable at the drop of a hat. And to play devils advocate in the eyes of the club, what would stop any guy from joining a queue with a woman for cheaper entry (or in the case of limited entry numbers for single males) and then their female playmate leaving after 20mins - it would be an easy way to get cheaper and more accessible entry when it’s not actually within the rules.

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

I don't think this forum post is going the way OP was hoping....

By *ants_Nerdy_CoupleCouple
51 weeks ago

Havant

Your clever dodge to enter the club for less didn't work, sucks to be you

By *jonesMan
51 weeks ago

london

If it was cheaper for a couple I would have just asked you to pay the difference ..that would have been fair in my opinion ...if it was the same price then your not trying it on as the previous commentator says ...

The country is full of jobsworths that are unable to use sensible judgement.. unfortunately..

51 weeks ago

Northampton

"I don't think this forum post is going the way OP was hoping...."

I just asked an opinion and not asking fir my post to go any way. Plus my name is Giuseppe and not OP. Real name as i have nothing to hide

51 weeks ago

Northampton

"Your clever dodge to enter the club for less didn't work, sucks to be you"

This is your opinion because probably that's what you would have planned to do

51 weeks ago

Northampton

"If it was cheaper for a couple I would have just asked you to pay the difference ..that would have been fair in my opinion ...if it was the same price then your not trying it on as the previous commentator says ...

The country is full of jobsworths that are unable to use sensible judgement.. unfortunately.."

I paid the difference with no.issue

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

"I don't think this forum post is going the way OP was hoping....

I just asked an opinion and not asking fir my post to go any way. Plus my name is Giuseppe and not OP. Real name as i have nothing to hide"

"OP" is just "original poster", meaning the person who started the thread. It is not used to cover your name or anything.

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

"If it was cheaper for a couple I would have just asked you to pay the difference ..that would have been fair in my opinion ...if it was the same price then your not trying it on as the previous commentator says ...

The country is full of jobsworths that are unable to use sensible judgement.. unfortunately..

I paid the difference with no.issue"

Clearly you did have an issue, with something, as otherwise you would not have posted on here.

51 weeks ago

Northampton

"The club were well within their rights to either charge you a single male fee or ask you to leave if non compliant. No one forced you to stay if you didn’t like what the club were requesting, but granted, they could have took you to one side and spoke to you privately. IMO, from reading your post, it appears the main reason you were keen to gain entry as a ‘couple’ was to pay a lower fee. A genuine couple would have been planning to attend a club night together regardless and wouldn’t have just ‘suddenly appeared’ in the queue outside, and regardless of your unwell playmate insisting you stay, in the case of a genuine couple, you would have came together and left together. If anything, I think this post just highlights that a couple should have a verified joint membership that isn’t interchangeable at the drop of a hat. And to play devils advocate in the eyes of the club, what would stop any guy from joining a queue with a woman for cheaper entry (or in the case of limited entry numbers for single males) and then their female playmate leaving after 20mins - it would be an easy way to get cheaper and more accessible entry when it’s not actually within the rules. "

I think any club applies its own policy on membership. Maybe they are just happy with it. The issue with me was the way the whole situation was dealt with. Nothing more. I am actually happy to keep.going and pay the full fee.

51 weeks ago

Northampton

Clearly you did have an issue, with something, as otherwise you would not have posted on here. "

I think i have already written several times what the issue was in my opinion but very few people have read it

By *iss DevilWoman
51 weeks ago

Bedford

Clearly you did have an issue, with something, as otherwise you would not have posted on here.

I think i have already written several times what the issue was in my opinion but very few people have read it "

That's the beauty of public forum.

By *woodcplCouple
51 weeks ago

Borehamwood

"Firstly, nobody forced you to pay the single male fee, you could have left. You ended up being there as a single male so should pay the single male fee. Apart from all that, if your playmate became unwell, why would you choose to stay at the club rather than leaving with her to make sure that she’s ok?"

Exactly, you were so concerned about her feeling unwell that you decided to stay!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
51 weeks ago

"Why would you enter the club as a couple, when clearly you are a single , both you and the club are at fault ,the club should have a membership system setup ,so they know who are couples and singles , obviously they have not and just let anybody in , we have a couples membership at 3 different clubs and all 3 would only let us in as a couple ,we are not allowed to go as singles and if one of us left the club the other one would also have to leave ,if we wanted to attend as singles we would have to apply for 2 single memberships "
I don't know many clubs that check your a couple. I think at the most I've been asked for a couples profile on fab.

There is no issue the OP pairing up to go In. I've done it as have many to go into a club.

The OP complaint is they they applied the rules which I think most clubs abide by. Which is If one half of a couple leaves the other has to do so or pay single entry to stay.

I've had it applied to me before.

51 weeks ago

"Your clever dodge to enter the club for less didn't work, sucks to be you"
Have to agree here OP

By *teveanddebsCouple
51 weeks ago

Norwich

The country is full of jobsworths that are unable to use sensible judgement.. unfortunately.."

That would have been the 'fair' option

By *cnugatugMan
51 weeks ago

Chatham

Didn't it occur to you to perhaps take the lady home after she became ill. Me being me couldn't stay at the club knowing the person I was there with was ill I'd of left with her and made sure she got home safe if it's the club's policy then that's pretty much it aside from the bouncer's could have emphasized with you but then where does it stop they make an exception for you others will want the same treatment club is in the right here yes they could have been about nicer about it but it's the club's rules

By *ustus555Couple
51 weeks ago

NG 21

In all honesty, I think the club was right. Although have to add, by the sounds of it didn't handle the situation very well.

Just an opinion.

By *entle_lover_xMan
51 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

Obviously can't comment on the tone and way they dealt with you but overall think it is fair. From their perspective it looks like you might have gamed the system. You might not have but it appears like you might. If she had left after 2-3 hours different story but 20 mins. Was she suddenly unwell? Feeling fine 20 mins before? Leaving an event because not feeling well is the standard reason given by many people who just don't like the situation and want to leave (along with sudden problem with kids being unwell) so the club may have had suspicions. That said they certainly should have had those discussions politely and discretely.

By *elkieWoman
51 weeks ago

Durham

"Obviously can't comment on the tone and way they dealt with you but overall think it is fair. From their perspective it looks like you might have gamed the system. You might not have but it appears like you might. If she had left after 2-3 hours different story but 20 mins. Was she suddenly unwell? Feeling fine 20 mins before? Leaving an event because not feeling well is the standard reason given by many people who just don't like the situation and want to leave (along with sudden problem with kids being unwell) so the club may have had suspicions. That said they certainly should have had those discussions politely and discretely. "

To be fair, you tell the club that the kids are unwell, because it’s embarrassing to tell them that the babysitter is refusing to stay cos your crotchfruit are feral and there’s blood everywhere. It’s a white lie.

By *eavenscentitCouple
51 weeks ago

barnstaple

She was going in as a single, then you appeared. I expect that was the reason she left. You used her to get in.

By *entle_lover_xMan
51 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

"Obviously can't comment on the tone and way they dealt with you but overall think it is fair. From their perspective it looks like you might have gamed the system. You might not have but it appears like you might. If she had left after 2-3 hours different story but 20 mins. Was she suddenly unwell? Feeling fine 20 mins before? Leaving an event because not feeling well is the standard reason given by many people who just don't like the situation and want to leave (along with sudden problem with kids being unwell) so the club may have had suspicions. That said they certainly should have had those discussions politely and discretely.

To be fair, you tell the club that the kids are unwell, because it’s embarrassing to tell them that the babysitter is refusing to stay cos your crotchfruit are feral and there’s blood everywhere. It’s a white lie. "

Oh yes everybody knows

By *melie LALWoman
51 weeks ago

Peterborough

Some harsh responses.

If it's policy, unfortunately it's pay up or go. But a crappy policy unless it's a computed system to determine the ratio on particular nights, and total numbers for health and safety.

By *jonesMan
51 weeks ago

london

Some very crap responses by people who haven't read the post or his explanation and just jump to a conclusion ...

By *ischiefManaged69Couple
51 weeks ago

Preston

There's been plenty of agreeing that the decision was fair and likely in line with club policy.

OP, if the manner in which this was done is the issue, and it's a club you want to keep going to, it's worth contacting the owners/managers to have the conversation so they have a chance to deal with a situation like this better next time.

It's possible that the person dealing with it was having a bad day, was super busy, or just not very good at diplomacy! In which case, a chat with the owners should iron things out nicely.

51 weeks ago

Northampton

"There's been plenty of agreeing that the decision was fair and likely in line with club policy.

OP, if the manner in which this was done is the issue, and it's a club you want to keep going to, it's worth contacting the owners/managers to have the conversation so they have a chance to deal with a situation like this better next time.

It's possible that the person dealing with it was having a bad day, was super busy, or just not very good at diplomacy! In which case, a chat with the owners should iron things out nicely."

Thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate when people take the time and manner to give a proper reply.

By *ornucopiaMan
51 weeks ago

Bexley

"

I paid the difference with no.issue"

But dwelled on the issue for later!

By *ara58Woman
51 weeks ago

DERBY

Hi everyone.

Im the lady in question, who left the Club.

Although the posts "defending my honour" saying he should have left with me are heartfelt; that wasnt the situation.

We live a long way apart, with Derby being my city. Plus he only can play at the weekend, whereas I can Slut my Stuff whenever I want.

I was starting with a migraine and just needed painkillers and a quiet dark room. He cant come to mine anyway.

So I was perfectly happy he stayed.

What concerned me about what was said is that "if I didnt return" etc.

Surely when you enter a Club you are not under any obligation to stay and play.

By *entle_lover_xMan
51 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

"Hi everyone.

Im the lady in question, who left the Club.

Although the posts "defending my honour" saying he should have left with me are heartfelt; that wasnt the situation.

We live a long way apart, with Derby being my city. Plus he only can play at the weekend, whereas I can Slut my Stuff whenever I want.

I was starting with a migraine and just needed painkillers and a quiet dark room. He cant come to mine anyway.

So I was perfectly happy he stayed.

What concerned me about what was said is that "if I didnt return" etc.

Surely when you enter a Club you are not under any obligation to stay and play."

Of course not. But they didn't say you had to return and play. Sounds like they just said IF you didn't he would be treated as a single male which doesn't sound unreasonable after 20 mins.

By *entle_lover_xMan
51 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

OP didn't even lose out as originally he was waiting in line and planning to enter and pay as a single man. Really don't see the issue other than possibly the tone and way the situation was handled.

By *ucka39Man
51 weeks ago

Newcastle

It becomes a numbers game if anything as set by the club's and keeping to that rules of couple's and single numbers given set amount...

By *ister_ee_1981Man
51 weeks ago

Paphos

"Hey everyone,

"

One wonders if the reverse occurred, and the man left, woman stayed, would the club have refunded her fee? (as women pay less) probably not, so once again, double standards. Vote with your wallet, and never put money their way again.

51 weeks ago

Most clubs have a policy that says says couples must arrive and leave together. Therefore, if one leave the other is no longer there as a couple, but a single. So yes, you have to pay as a single person

It is what it is. Don't like it, don't go

By *ara58Woman
51 weeks ago

DERBY

"OP didn't even lose out as originally he was waiting in line and planning to enter and pay as a single man. Really don't see the issue other than possibly the tone and way the situation was handled. "

That's it in a nutshell.

By *wisted999Man
51 weeks ago

North Bucks

Op I think as it was only 20 minutes it was a fair policy to get you to pay the difference as you were a single male for the vast majority of the night.

To expect some empathy over a 20 min difference is a bit much.

If you feel that hard done by vote with your feet.

By *entle_lover_xMan
51 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

"OP didn't even lose out as originally he was waiting in line and planning to enter and pay as a single man. Really don't see the issue other than possibly the tone and way the situation was handled.

That's it in a nutshell."

Well OP seems to think it was unfair and he shouldn't have had pay single man entry fee. Not sure what was unfair.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
51 weeks ago

"Hey everyone,

One wonders if the reverse occurred, and the man left, woman stayed, would the club have refunded her fee? (as women pay less) probably not, so once again, double standards. Vote with your wallet, and never put money their way again."

I've has this situation. I was asked to pay the single ladies fee on top of the fact we had already paid the couples entry.

By *enSiskoMan
51 weeks ago

Cestus 3

It is a couples world, single men just live and pay in it.

51 weeks ago

So much drama for £20.

By *ebblesnBambamCouple
51 weeks ago

mk

The club need to tighten up their membership policy. Then there wouldn’t be a problem like this it would would have been dealt with at the door straight away.

51 weeks ago

"So much drama for £20."
Some people just attract drama it would appear

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
51 weeks ago

"The club need to tighten up their membership policy. Then there wouldn’t be a problem like this it would would have been dealt with at the door straight away.

"

not sure how membership policy would help.

By *litterbabeWoman
51 weeks ago

hiding from cock pics.

"OP didn't even lose out as originally he was waiting in line and planning to enter and pay as a single man. Really don't see the issue other than possibly the tone and way the situation was handled.

That's it in a nutshell."

This

By *inkForLifeCouple
51 weeks ago

North Shields

"The club need to tighten up their membership policy. Then there wouldn’t be a problem like this it would would have been dealt with at the door straight away.

not sure how membership policy would help. "

The assumption being that they didn't actually have a couples membership, they just formed a couple on the night.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
51 weeks ago

not sure how membership policy would help.

The assumption being that they didn't actually have a couples membership, they just formed a couple on the night.

"

don't think any club checks beyond that you both join.

51 weeks ago

After thinking about it, we think the club was right. As you say your playmate left after only 20 minutes. Genuine couples wouldn't go out at all if one of them was so unwell or if they did need to leave would leave together. Furthermore its your own fault for following your playmate out to check she was ok.

51 weeks ago

To add, if the situation happ3ns again, stay in the club and away from the main doors until you plan to leave yourself.

By *omblingFreeCouple
51 weeks ago

The Village, Wales

Bit harsh, OP. I know the clubs rely on singles to get by financially but for the sake of what, an extra £10-£20 quid?, they have irritated you, lost any good will or endorsements you might have made and potentially lost the future custom of yourself, your playmate and any other playmates you might be inclined to go with. From that perspective it might be seen as a little short-sighted. Personally, I would have refused the extra fee and left rather than pay and feel pissed off later.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
51 weeks ago

Central

If you were going to enter as a single man and eventually paid the single man rate, for the majority of your visit time, you didn't really encounter any major setback. If you'd been there for several hours as a couple, then spent just a few minutes before leaving, it would seem different. In life, we sometimes have to sustain uncomfortable and less than ideal circumstances. This sounds like one. A club has a responsibility to its whole membership, some of them who may have failed to gain entry, due to numbers and client mix. Ultimately, clubs have a tough job and it's tough to try to keep everyone happy, whilst things may be very busy.

Women could operate as proxy wives, affording single men cheap or free entry . Obviously this has to be avoided. Some people are pragmatic and always have the happiest, smoothest solution to everything. Perfection isn't really achievable though, especially under duress. I'd just smile and thank others for their consideration and help. If you don't get what you want, you can always move on.

By *m A FuckerMan
51 weeks ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

ill after 20minutes...hmmmnnn

By *anted by NightMan
51 weeks ago

"So much drama for £20."

By *illan-KillashMan
51 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Hey everyone,

"

You were waiting in line as a single man, happy to enter and pay as a single man.

You met a female friend, entered and paid as a couple.

You're friend left after 20 minutes, leaving you alone, as a single man for the rest of the evening.

The club asked you to pay the difference in tariff, which you did.

At which point you're the single man, paying the single man tariff you happily were at the beginning.

I see no problem here.

The only issue may be the way this was handled by the club, but financially, all as it should be.

By *m A FuckerMan
51 weeks ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

ooohh errr

By *ornucopiaMan
51 weeks ago

Bexley

The problem is that we have only heard one side of the story. We haven't actually heard the club's own version.

By *jonesMan
51 weeks ago

london

That's it in a nutshell.

Well OP seems to think it was unfair and he shouldn't have had pay single man entry fee. Not sure what was unfair. "

He has said he was happy to pay the difference ..this isn't about him trying to save a few quid

By *luttyLaylaWoman
51 weeks ago

North West

Haven’t read all the comments….

But agree with the club. You should have had to pay as a single male in this instance.

Much prefer clubs who are very strict on who is a couple and who isn’t.

By *illan-KillashMan
51 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

That's it in a nutshell.

Well OP seems to think it was unfair and he shouldn't have had pay single man entry fee. Not sure what was unfair.

He has said he was happy to pay the difference ..this isn't about him trying to save a few quid "

Thread title - Unfair Treatment After My Playmate Left.

Comment from within his post - I was taken aback by this sudden change in policy and the lack of empathy in the situation.

It's not unfair treatment and it's not a sudden change in policy.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
51 weeks ago

"Haven’t read all the comments….

But agree with the club. You should have had to pay as a single male in this instance.

Much prefer clubs who are very strict on who is a couple and who isn’t. "

I've never seen any club be strict. I think most I've ever had to do was have a fab profile as a couple.

Most just check your id at the door. As long as its two people it's a couple for most. X

By *luttyLaylaWoman
50 weeks ago

North West

"Haven’t read all the comments….

Much prefer clubs who are very strict on who is a couple and who isn’t. I've never seen any club be strict. I think most I've ever had to do was have a fab profile as a couple.

Most just check your id at the door. As long as its two people it's a couple for most. X"

Cupids and club play always allowed anyone to couple up, done it numerous times to allow male friends in cheaper.

Townhouse were always very strict. Had to be an actual couple and couldn’t swap who you coupled up with once you had attended.

I preferred it that way xx

By *punkytrunksMan
2 weeks ago

hunstanton

Single men pay to sit in a club and get ignored by everyone else in the place,been there done that,won’t fall for that shit again( and before anyone starts,I tried to talk and be friendly,got cold hard stares,absolutely fucking ridiculous)

By *eandmrsjones69Couple
2 weeks ago

Middle England

"Single men pay to sit in a club and get ignored by everyone else in the place,been there done that,won’t fall for that shit again( and before anyone starts,I tried to talk and be friendly,got cold hard stares,absolutely fucking ridiculous)"

Oh dear!

We usually go to clubs when single men are allowed; that's our preferred dynamic (as it is for many couples too)

Every club and every night is different. If that's been your experience maybe as you say clubs aren't for you.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
2 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Single men pay to sit in a club and get ignored by everyone else in the place,been there done that,won’t fall for that shit again( and before anyone starts,I tried to talk and be friendly,got cold hard stares,absolutely fucking ridiculous)"

I disagree. I go to clubs to meet other singles, especially single men.

By *ust_FlynnMan
2 weeks ago

St Neots

That’s not my experience? I’ve found club nights as a single guy to be incredibly fun. There’s loads of couples whose preference is to meet single men.

If you’re finding that’s not the case for you try chatting to people here before you go the event. They can check out your profile, see how you choose to represent yourself and if they like what they see and you get on then the actual club night will be fun.

By *esparate danMan
2 weeks ago

glasgow

"Single men pay to sit in a club and get ignored by everyone else in the place,been there done that,won’t fall for that shit again( and before anyone starts,I tried to talk and be friendly,got cold hard stares,absolutely fucking ridiculous)

That’s not my experience? I’ve found club nights as a single guy to be incredibly fun. There’s loads of couples whose preference is to meet single men.

If you’re finding that’s not the case for you try chatting to people here before you go the event. They can check out your profile, see how you choose to represent yourself and if they like what they see and you get on then the actual club night will be fun. "

The two key priorities for a man

Touching fannies

Value for money

By *ragon and AthenaCouple
2 weeks ago

London / romford

Can work out which club it is but their is no point money abs power always talks what ever people

Want ti say .if you are a single male pay double and dont dare to speak .as i have seen people shouted at in the clubs by couple/women who will not get a second look in real life

By *ancs_and_LancsCouple
1 week ago

north west

As single women are often cheaper in some clubs than the couple rate...I wonder if (along the same lines) there would be a partial refund due to a woman if the man had to leave early.

Probably not.

Post new Message to Thread