Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Goodbye Eureka

Jump to newest

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

from the land of milk & honey

The applied for planning permission to change use of the land and build three new homes has been granted. Its now only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in....

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *hellebelleWoman
over a year ago

ashford

Shame…. Used to be such a great club.

Nowhere quite like it during the summer, and not sure anywhere will ever be on a hot summers day, and weekend parties used to be heaving.

Reply privately

By *rthur WrightusMan
over a year ago

Round the Bend

Such a shame. The grounds were perfect in summer time, but the facilities tired and in need of updating. The NYE attendance of only a few dozen tells the story (acc to other threads). RIP

Reply privately

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple
over a year ago

here & there

That is a shame, but fully understandable when you don’t invest.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Nooo! We've only been a couple of times, wrong side of the country for us. But seeing how we are members of our local swing club and naturist club at the same time, we need two memberships for those two different locations. So we really feel for you and the other visitors/members. Sex in the open air is amazing.

RIP Eurekas.

Is there any redundant holiday camps that fill those boots?

Reply privately

By *osey WalesMan
over a year ago

Surrey

A sad day indeed.

Had some great evenings and some wonderful lazy days sitting in the sunshine naked.

Some great memories of the place, like many, covid lockdown was the begining of the end, in my opinion.

Reply privately

By *ust24funCouple
over a year ago

minster

Personally I think it was more to do with poor business decisions. When it was busy before covid it was keeping its head above water but when all the changes happened it just didn’t work

Reply privately

By *x2 4 funCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

Nothing to do with covid it was the owner’s attitude thinking they could take people for a ride. Look how other clubs have bounced back that tells you everything you need to know

Reply privately

By *ARKblondeCouple
over a year ago

london

That's a shame...I'll miss rolling about naked on the lawn on a summer day

Reply privately

By *ust24funCouple
over a year ago

minster

2x2 you are bang on . Just look at pleasures it’s expanding

Reply privately

By *anielpiercedMan
over a year ago

by the seaside

That's quite sad. Had some great times there with friends, really was a great venue

Reply privately

By *otInventedHereMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

Sad to see it go. I haven't been since before the pandemic but it was looking very tired the last time I went. It's a shame, I had my first experience of swinging there. For all its faults there isn't really another venue like it.

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I had the best nights there as a single , met my OH there 8 years ago and have had great nights there as a couple and Hotwife

Hosted Cougarsandcubs there for a couple years too

Haven’t been since Mikes departure but the memories will always be there if a once great club

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Although I never went I heard it was a good club especially in the summer.For me it’s a shame when any club closes down as it not always easy to go to other clubs depending on time and location

Reply privately

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

A great pity that Eurekas is being redeveloped. I loved staying overnight there and frolicking nude in the grounds and the pool. Having said that, it needed serious upgrading and was run down. Does anyone know its history? I believe it started in the late 60s. I think it started as a pure nudist resort and the swinging came later. I know I first saw it in the nudist magazine 'Health and Efficiency' or H&E about 10 years ago but its listing was removed because of the swinging.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"A great pity that Eurekas is being redeveloped. I loved staying overnight there and frolicking nude in the grounds and the pool. Having said that, it needed serious upgrading and was run down. Does anyone know its history? I believe it started in the late 60s. I think it started as a pure nudist resort and the swinging came later. I know I first saw it in the nudist magazine 'Health and Efficiency' or H&E about 10 years ago but its listing was removed because of the swinging. "

Ah! Good old 'Elfin Deficiency'. Ever so many photos over the years in that esteemed organ were taken at Eureka.

Those of us familiar with the swimming pool's surrounding masonry could work out exactly where the shots took place.

The experts could also identify individual trees in the woods, including 'The Big C*ntree' which is still adjacent to a main path and was a great backdrop for young ladies to lean against to highlight their attributes for the photographer. There were scheduled photo shoots during which, it was rumoured, some participants had no film in their cameras.

There is nowhere and never will be anywhere else quite on the scale of Eureka.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Does anyone know if it’s really closing down?

I gather that attendance has been down since covid and the change of ownership but there still seems to be events posted for dates well into February at Eurekas in the meets & events listing on this site and also on their own website?

I know Eureka is a fairly big site but most of it is woodland, it will take an awful of work to redevelop that land for housing.

Reply privately

By *g1979Man
over a year ago

bexley

We used to be regulars but the new owners ruined it for us.

Going to couples only nights to only have lots of single guys there who was friends of the owners.

The final straw was when we stayed in the cabin with the hot tub and I got a quite aggressive phone call from the lady owner telling me we had ruined the hot tub.

She told me that the hot tub was stained with fake tan and she said we would have to pay for the damage.

I told her my partner is mixed race so doesn't have much need for fake tan but that didn't stop her _oaning.

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Does anyone know if it’s really closing down?

I gather that attendance has been down since covid and the change of ownership but there still seems to be events posted for dates well into February at Eurekas in the meets & events listing on this site and also on their own website?

I know Eureka is a fairly big site but most of it is woodland, it will take an awful of work to redevelop that land for housing."

Yes planning granted on Sevenoaks council website

Been rumbling in about a year and now it’s been fully granted

Eureka only leases the buildings and land

Reply privately

By *osey WalesMan
over a year ago

Surrey

[Removed by poster at 19/01/23 20:01:50]

Reply privately

By *osey WalesMan
over a year ago

Surrey

So where can you sunbath naked, swim naked and frolick in the great outdoors now?

Hoping for a great summer and hope it will still be there for one more horaah !

Reply privately

By *leasureseekers123Couple
over a year ago

Hythe

"Nothing to do with covid it was the owner’s attitude thinking they could take people for a ride. Look how other clubs have bounced back that tells you everything you need to know"

That is exactly right. The attitude was so bad that people just moved on. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"

So where can you sunbath naked, swim naked and frolick in the great outdoors now?

"

The Vanilla Alternative has this and calls it the Lux Lounge.

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

"

"

The silence is deafening, no one is saying this is wrong and the club isn't closing, this speaks volumes.

What will most likely happen is one day a closed sign will go up on the gates and that will be that, no warning or anything. The current tenants aren't interested in telling you what's going on. So if you are going then I'd make the most of while you can because the land is worth a small fortune and the developers won't want to hang around any longer than they have too.

Reply privately

By *rthur WrightusMan
over a year ago

Round the Bend

"Nothing to do with covid it was the owner’s attitude thinking they could take people for a ride. Look how other clubs have bounced back that tells you everything you need to know

That is exactly right. The attitude was so bad that people just moved on. They have no one to blame but themselves. "

Precisely this

Reply privately

over a year ago

The current leaseholders are only a couple of years into a 16 year lease bought at the end of lockdown. The terms of the planning application are that building work must begin within 3 years of being granted.

No doubt there will be some long negotiations now between the owners of the land and the current leaseholders as to how much the remaining lease is worth before they can be bought out and vacate the land so there is potentially still a couple of good summers left but would anyone really want to go there now?

The place is poorly managed and maintained and has virtually zero footfall and will surely be even worse now they know they have lost their battle.

Reply privately

By *he Bi Fun ClubCouple
over a year ago

Kings Cross

"The current leaseholders are only a couple of years into a 16 year lease bought at the end of lockdown. The terms of the planning application are that building work must begin within 3 years of being granted.

No doubt there will be some long negotiations now between the owners of the land and the current leaseholders as to how much the remaining lease is worth before they can be bought out and vacate the land so there is potentially still a couple of good summers left but would anyone really want to go there now?

The place is poorly managed and maintained and has virtually zero footfall and will surely be even worse now they know they have lost their battle.

"

I have no inside knowledge but would be prepared to bet a large amount of money that you are wrong.

In these situations there will already be agreements in place with the freeholder and leaseholder. The contracts will all be subject to planning permission being granted but the financials will be stipulated in advance.

Reply privately

By *unguy0069Man
over a year ago

Reigate

Since the day they took over, the current owners have done a continually excellent job. In driving customers away in their hundreds with their arrogant attitudes and driving the business into the ground. There’s not one thing they’ve done with the place that has made good business sense and presiding over numbers plummeting from hundreds to nearly single figures on Saturday nights and having the place as good as deserted on a hot sunny day when finding a parking space was once difficult is testament to that. Sad and baffling in equal measure.

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

"A great pity that Eurekas is being redeveloped. I loved staying overnight there and frolicking nude in the grounds and the pool. Having said that, it needed serious upgrading and was run down. Does anyone know its history? I believe it started in the late 60s. I think it started as a pure nudist resort and the swinging came later. I know I first saw it in the nudist magazine 'Health and Efficiency' or H&E about 10 years ago but its listing was removed because of the swinging. "

It opened as a nudist club in 1968 - strictly nudist, of course. The swinging kind of phased itself in during the mid/late 80s, when glamourwear was permitted at their Saturday night parties.

Times move on, and I have to admit, on my last visit a few years ago, I realised that it's not the same Eureka I used to visit and love in the early to mid 90s. It went through many changes of management since its founder died in the mid-90s, and lost its way in later years.

The only thing still going for it, in my opinion, is the vast open grounds, which was great for naked sunbathing/rambling/sex etc, but that's as far as it goes.

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

It was also the subject of a BBC Nationwide programme in 1976:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHGzmGEXEk

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There’s not one thing they’ve done with the place that has made good business sense and presiding over numbers plummeting from hundreds to having the place as good as deserted on a hot sunny day when finding a parking space was once difficult is testament to that. ."

The vast grounds is what gave Eureka the edge over other venues… that USP of acres of secluded woods and open fields for private naked exploration was something that you can’t find anywhere else (as far as I’m aware) in the whole country, with the place being ridiculously crowded in the height of summer year after year.

To hear that attendance has bombed so much seems almost impossible when it used to be heaving most weekends but then if the owners are only interested in trying to raise their prices without any real investment into the place then other venues that cater for the swinging and kink crowd will be more than willing to take their business by enhancing the quality of the customer experience.

Reply privately

By *osey WalesMan
over a year ago

Surrey

Bet Mike, (i think that was the previous owners name, when it was a great club) is pissing himself laughing.

Reply privately

By *osey WalesMan
over a year ago

Surrey

I will still pop in this summer (depending on what the extortionate membership will be this time for single males)

Or go to VA. Lux lounge sounds fun and although I have found VA a little strange at times, it is a wonderful looking enviroment

Reply privately

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple
over a year ago

here & there

"I will still pop in this summer (depending on what the extortionate membership will be this time for single males)

Or go to VA. Lux lounge sounds fun and although I have found VA a little strange at times, it is a wonderful looking enviroment"

The trouble with Lux at times is that you never know if it’s actually open or not!

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

There's DV8/Northdowns as a (much smaller) alternative.

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Bet Mike, (i think that was the previous owners name, when it was a great club) is pissing himself laughing."

Ngl I bet Mike is truly gutted to see the demise of ‘his’ club

And I say ‘his’ club because he gave us the parties that we all wanted

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/01/23 12:50:31]

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

"Bet Mike, (i think that was the previous owners name, when it was a great club) is pissing himself laughing.

And I say ‘his’ club because he gave us the parties that we all wanted "

It's a shame you never got to experience the club before he took over because they really were Eureka at its very best. When he got his hands on it is when the rot set in.

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Bet Mike, (i think that was the previous owners name, when it was a great club) is pissing himself laughing.

It's a shame you never got to experience the club before he took over because they really were Eureka at its very best. When he got his hands on it is when the rot set in."

I don’t think the club before Mike would have been my sort of thing

I’m not a naturist. I’m a party girl with swinging as an extra so Mikes Eureka nights were absolutely spot on for my liking

I went there (practically) every Saturday night from 2013-2018 and partied like it was my best night every time

Reply privately

By *oAnCouple
over a year ago

Wandsworth

"

"

DV8

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

It's a shame you never got to experience the club before he took over because they really were Eureka at its very best. When he got his hands on it is when the rot set in.

I’m not a naturist. I’m a party girl with swinging as an extra so Mikes Eureka nights were absolutely spot on for my liking

I went there (practically) every Saturday night from 2013-2018 and partied like it was my best night every time

"

This is the misunderstanding, naturist is how the club started and was from the late 60s through to the mid 90s. When Allan took over and until he's death the club was one of the best adult "hedonistic " clubs I have ever been to and I've been to lots. We partied from Saturday afternoon through to late on Sunday and sometimes beyond. We danced, we played and we left the outside world at the gate. There was never any trouble, it just didn't happen. Not once did I feel I was in a business, it felt like home. Of course things change unfortunately for eureka those changes haven't been positive ending up where it is now. I've only ever been to one better club in the uk and that closed 15 years ago

Reply privately

By *anielpiercedMan
over a year ago

by the seaside

"

I came to one of the nights you organised and it was a bloody good night

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

It's a shame you never got to experience the club before he took over because they really were Eureka at its very best. When he got his hands on it is when the rot set in."

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I came to one of the nights you organised and it was a bloody good night "

Awww thank you

Those were some good nights for sure

Be amazing to replicate those but I think they are just a great memory we can have

Reply privately

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

We only went to Eureka a handful of times, once for NYE and a couple of Bi Nights when the previous owner(s) were there. Never in the day either but it's always a shame when a business closes.

Hopefully new premises will be found and it can re-open

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

Chichester

everything turns to dust eventually .. clubs especially ... hope they made out like bandits with the sale of it now with planning permission for building other stuff on grounds ..

Maybe another club will pop up in a few years once the economy gets out of this hole its in currently abit more ..

Reply privately

By *ipplebarnyMan
over a year ago

milton keynes

So sad I wish I had used it a lot more many happy memories

Reply privately

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

I remember in one of the chalets I stayed in overnight there was a pillow inscribed 'All You Need is Love'. The Beatles would have loved the atmosphere of love, peace and sex, appropriate it opened in 1968.

Reply privately

By *aughty Dad69Man
over a year ago

kent

Only been 3 times, years sgo thought it was a bit grim and facilities wrre dated and needed redoing. Then about 5 years later, found it the same, then just before covid organised a meet there, again thought it was a bit grubby. Having frequented BGHS many times, always found facilities top notch, perhaps i was hoping the same to be at eureka, it never was. Shame its closing for those that liked it, but if you dont invest, in the end your customer base dwindles.. you cant keep pocketing the cash without reinvesting.

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Jeeze, there's probably enough room for a whole housing estate on the land.

We've been a few times and when people ask what it's like I usually say imagine if:

Carry on camping and my big fat gypsy wedding had a bastard child well Eureka would be it.

Reply privately

By *aulupforitMan
over a year ago

Tynemouth

Another one bites the dust..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"” imagine if:

Carry on camping and my big fat gypsy wedding had a bastard child well Eureka would be it.”

"

That’s so true, but then, there’s not many swingers clubs that can be considered to be plush or luxurious.

Some clubs do have a upmarket feel to attract more classy clientele but there will always be the clubs that are happy to take advantage of paying customers yet offer nothing in return.

Eureka is a prime example of a club that has small scruffy playrooms that needed to offer a lot more than a well used mattress covered in cum stains and discarded condoms.

Reply privately

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

"It was also the subject of a BBC Nationwide programme in 1976:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHGzmGEXEk"

Well worth a look at. Were there no other programmes about this club? The tone of the programme is unnecessarily disapproving but probably shows that society was still very uptight despite the social revolution started in the 1960s.

Reply privately

By *uthenticDreamsMan
over a year ago

manchester

Love that this place used to be amazing I went not so long ago as was So disappointed, one crappy play room , the Huts looked like shitty sheds , the main building was dated and basically a shit whole , looked more like a abandoned building Knock it down

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

"Jeeze, there's probably enough room for a whole housing estate on the land.

We've been a few times and when people ask what it's like I usually say imagine if:

Carry on camping and my big fat gypsy wedding had a bastard child well Eureka would be it.

"

Someone once described it to us as Butlins for swingers! Seemed pretty appropriate

Reply privately

By *uthenticDreamsMan
over a year ago

manchester

"Jeeze, there's probably enough room for a whole housing estate on the land.

Butlins upped it games unfortunately this place dint

Someone once described it to us as Butlins for swingers! Seemed pretty appropriate "

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s our “local” club being just up the road so we’re very saddened.

We only went really during the daytimes in the summer and there’s a few pictures on our profile taken in the lovely grounds.

We’ve been to quite a few clubs and found nothing like it for sun worshipping.

It’s not been good of an evening though for a long time and the reasons above ring quite true.

DV8 for us this summer in the daytime and Pleasures for the evening.

Not the end of the world.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dammit ! I recently decided, as a newbie, after taking months to get up the courage, to join..Theyve taken my £15 without a mention of this..Lets hope I get to visit at least once....

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

They are only building three houses on the site of the clubhouse, car park, lawn and pool.

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

We had been going for 25 years pre Covid when Mark ran it.

Initially to the parties but mostly during warm days.

In the summer before lockdown we visited but had left our membership card in another car.

We were denied entry. I had ID and asked them to look us up on their members database.

They refused.

Never set foot in the place again.

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

Three luxury houses.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m going to buy one and you can all come and frolic naked in my garden.

Reply privately

By *iandjCouple
over a year ago

Rochester Kent

"I’m going to buy one and you can all come and frolic naked in my garden. "

Yes hurry up we will be there lol x

Reply privately

By *oveoldercouples99Man
over a year ago

London

Such a shame. Was my go-to place in the spring and summer months. Clubhouse was dated but the gardens and woods made up for it. Was great to be free in the grounds. Also certainly saw and took part in some fab play.

Reply privately

By *rthur WrightusMan
over a year ago

Round the Bend

Great, shall we have to bring i/d, lawnmower ?

Reply privately

By *x2 4 funCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

Are we going to have to buy your drinks and pay extortionate entrance lol

Reply privately

By *untime40Man
over a year ago

Various

I used to go here a lot during the daytime as it went down hill a bit after a while i tend to head to Fairlight glen in hastings(can get interesting in the woods in the hivht of the summer) or shellness beach in kent to catch the sun or to the spa near brands hatch to chill nowadays

Reply privately

By *otshot14Woman
over a year ago

nuneaton

Most people have gone to sliverleigh or pleasure as they way the membership was run here.

Yes they tried to updated,but I think it was always going to b sold,as the land holds more value now,the way housing is going up anywhere and everywhere,and people who aren't into swingers or nudist, just don't understand this place.

Reply privately

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

Check out on Youtube the American/Canadian tv report from a few years ago about the serious crime against a woman on site at Eurekas by a group of men. Fab does not allow me to use the word. What was the outcome?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's a shame...I'll miss rolling about naked on the lawn on a summer day"

.. and we have nice memories of massaging you on the lawn at Eureka DarkBlond lol xx Ah yes such a shame.

Reply privately

By *osey WalesMan
over a year ago

Surrey

I will check out Silverleighs too this summer at some point but eurekas will still be the first choice for naked sunbathing.

I am a little surprised that there has been no information participation from anyone at the club here though. All this speculation can not be good for their business in the meantime.

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Check out on Youtube the American/Canadian tv report from a few years ago about the serious crime against a woman on site at Eurekas by a group of men. Fab does not allow me to use the word. What was the outcome? "

I was there at the time and it was dropped

Apparently she was attached and went to Eureka with her friend , entertained a group of men then worried her other half would find out. They didn’t do anything wrong

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 23/01/23 09:26:19]

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

"It was also the subject of a BBC Nationwide programme in 1976:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHGzmGEXEk

Well worth a look at. Were there no other programmes about this club? The tone of the programme is unnecessarily disapproving but probably shows that society was still very uptight despite the social revolution started in the 1960s."

Mark, who was the founder member of Eureka, told me that Ruby Wax and her camera crew visited Eureka as part of her TV series in the late 80s. Unfortunately, I can't find any other information on this.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

Mark, who was the founder member of Eureka, told me that Ruby Wax and her camera crew visited Eureka as part of her TV series in the late 80s. Unfortunately, I can't find any other information on this."

I wish I could be precise with a date. I was there on that day and remember how Ruby Wax had Mark cavorting around starkers up by the pool. He had a radio mic taped to his otherwise naked body. Ruby, of course, was not so daft as to get her kit off.

I never saw the broadcast. It would be good to think there might be a copy somewhere.I could even have been in shot at some point.

At that time, although the club house had been rebuilt, it was not extended. There was little to show indoors more than the dance floor, seating and servery. Therefore most of the filming took place outside, particularly round the pool, which was a major attraction in summer.

They may have gone for a stroll in the woods but I didn't see them there or in the main field.

Reply privately

By *ndrewInEssexMan
over a year ago

Harlow

"Mark, who was the founder member of Eureka, told me that Ruby Wax and her camera crew visited Eureka as part of her TV series in the late 80s. Unfortunately, I can't find any other information on this."

Possibly a BBC programme called Hit & Run, around 1990.

Reply privately

By *stwo18Couple
over a year ago

Epworth

Memories to match no others.

Sunny naughty pool and fields days. Picnics on the sunbathing lawn. Dressing up and dancing. Meeting new fun people. So sorry how things changed RIP Eureka

We are up North now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Usual radio silence from Eureka and their (small) number of disciples...

I had some great times at eureka but haven't been back since the new managers / changes, the same as most of the people who attended the club in years gone by. I'm sad to see a club fold but it was quite obvious when the new owners took over that their complete lack of business sense and interpersonal skills would end up with a dead club sadly.

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

I, for one, will not be mourning its passing. As I said, it's not the same club I started going to back in the day, and really has gone downhill over the past few years.

I shall only miss the open grounds - that is all.

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

They should be lined up against a wall n have lumps of shit their own shit fired at them for what they have done to this once great place!

Reply privately

By *hellebelleWoman
over a year ago

ashford

"Check out on Youtube the American/Canadian tv report from a few years ago about the serious crime against a woman on site at Eurekas by a group of men. Fab does not allow me to use the word. What was the outcome? "

I was there that day and evening.

Two women spent all day getting extremely pissed in the hot sun and preceding to go through a lot of men willingly… even outside on the veranda that evening.

The owner back then kindly let them stay in his own personal caravan because there was no cabins available like normal on a Saturday night.. and these ‘ladies’ came by mopeds which they were not fit to drive.

The allegation was made the following day….and subsequently dropped by the CPS due to lack of evidence and gaps and errors in statements.

But those poor men, who the allegation was made against, done absolutely nothing wrong… and suffered due to their sheer lies.

Cold light of day after a very sexually liberating experience and going home to partners with guilt made for these lies.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"We had been going for 25 years pre Covid when Mark ran it.

Initially to the parties but mostly during warm days.

In the summer before lockdown we visited but had left our membership card in another car.

We were denied entry. I had ID and asked them to look us up on their members database.

They refused.

Never set foot in the place again. "

That's terrible, what's the point of having a databases, if you can't dip into it at times like that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just worked it out. First time I went to Eureka was August 1994 for one of their Fundays! It was a bit different back then

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"Just worked it out. First time I went to Eureka was August 1994 for one of their Fundays! It was a bit different back then "

Yes, indeed a bit different. Mark would have been running it in 1994 and undoubtedly compèring Funday.

Reply privately

By *ensualminxCouple
over a year ago

Orpington

"There's DV8/Northdowns as a (much smaller) alternative.

"

Yes, we go to DV8 all the time now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just worked it out. First time I went to Eureka was August 1994 for one of their Fundays! It was a bit different back then

Yes, indeed a bit different. Mark would have been running it in 1994 and undoubtedly compèring Funday."

Yes a fab day out in the sunshine full of naked bodies everywhere. Mark certainly enjoyed those days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had a lot of fun weekends with many friends . We were like a family. Not been in a couple of years so it's very sad it ended up this way

Reply privately

By *ittall2020Man
over a year ago

Norwich

"

That's terrible, what's the point of having a databases, if you can't dip into it at times like that?"

Slightly off topic, but I wonder what happens to member databases when clubs close down. It's pretty sensitive info after all.

Reply privately

By *icknHMan
over a year ago

Ilfracombe

"A great pity that Eurekas is being redeveloped. I loved staying overnight there and frolicking nude in the grounds and the pool. Having said that, it needed serious upgrading and was run down. Does anyone know its history? I believe it started in the late 60s. I think it started as a pure nudist resort and the swinging came later. I know I first saw it in the nudist magazine 'Health and Efficiency' or H&E about 10 years ago but its listing was removed because of the swinging.

Ah! Good old 'Elfin Deficiency'. Ever so many photos over the years in that esteemed organ were taken at Eureka.

Those of us familiar with the swimming pool's surrounding masonry could work out exactly where the shots took place.

The experts could also identify individual trees in the woods, including 'The Big C*ntree' which is still adjacent to a main path and was a great backdrop for young ladies to lean against to highlight their attributes for the photographer. There were scheduled photo shoots during which, it was rumoured, some participants had no film in their cameras.

There is nowhere and never will be anywhere else quite on the scale of Eureka."

And so say all of us Frank.

Reply privately

By *icknHMan
over a year ago

Ilfracombe

And I say ‘his’ club because he gave us the parties that we all wanted "

Great club. Many happy hours there and I used to ‘work from home’ there too using the crappy wi-Fi

Reply privately

By *icknHMan
over a year ago

Ilfracombe

"It’s our “local” club being just up the road so we’re very saddened.

We only went really during the daytimes in the summer and there’s a few pictures on our profile taken in the lovely grounds.

It’s not been good of an evening though for a long time and the reasons above ring quite true.

"

Your pics taken there jogged some lovely memories x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s our “local” club being just up the road so we’re very saddened.

Your pics taken there jogged some lovely memories x"

For us too

Cheers

Reply privately

By *aldyman500Man
over a year ago

Enfield

Who’s photos

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

"There were scheduled photo shoots during which, it was rumoured, some participants had no film in their cameras"

Yes - I can believe that! As with most other clubs, Eureka also had its weirdos. On the other hand, in the early 90s I've seen them with their cameras during the day, hiding behind hedges and trees, trying to take discreet family shots. Suffice is to say, once found out, Mark would issue his famous lifetime ban on them

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

"There were scheduled photo shoots during which, it was rumoured, some participants had no film in their cameras

Yes - I can believe that! As with most other clubs, Eureka also had its weirdos. On the other hand, in the early 90s I've seen them with their cameras during the day, hiding behind hedges and trees, trying to take discreet family shots. Suffice is to say, once found out, Mark would issue his famous lifetime ban on them"

Mark wasn't the only one, Mike also was more than happy to dish out bans like they were chocolate smarties!

Reply privately

By *entkevMan
over a year ago

Dover

I for one will be sad to see Eureka shut, I will admit that I'm not a current member, a combination of work, moving further away, covid and stricter rules to join made it not worth it.

However I loved my time as a member for many years, I met some fantastic people, made some wonderful friends and found the staff to be lovely (in the later years just before covid it did get a bit funny with employees).

So I have about 5 years of fantastic memories.

Thank you all that made me feel welcome and for the fun.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ahhh will be sorry to see eureka close. I've only been a handful of times, and always in summer on hot days to make the most of the grounds, so can't comment on parties/nights. Always found it to be such a friendly place.

Hopefully we get this summer out of it before it does close down

Reply privately

By *edonisthenryMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

I wish I had gone with a lady and had the full experience as a couple. All these type of clubs are far more geared to them than the single men.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"I wish I had gone with a lady and had the full experience as a couple. All these type of clubs are far more geared to them than the single men. "

Eureka's main selling point over the decades has always been that single men are welcome. Mark Wilson understood the market and to a great extent that ethos has carried on.

Eureka existed over the years on the basis of being a fun place, with very few rules, for naturists of either sex but because there weren't many other places where single men were made so welcome there have usually been more men than women on site.

Other clubs have been started up mainly for swingers rather than naturists. Towel wearing in those places is the norm and it was interesting seeing it become default outdoor uniform at Eureka in more recent times. They'd pay to go somewhere naked and then put on a towel!

Reply privately

By *aldyman500Man
over a year ago

Enfield

But with single guy’s brings more wanking dead following couple’s around!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But with single guy’s brings more wanking dead following couple’s around!!"

You will always get the guys that lack social skills that don’t attempt to engage in any conversation in any club.

It’s up to the customers to report any issues with people that lack manners or social skills to the management who should have then eject these undesirable people from their club.

However that is not always the case, with far too many clubs turning a blind eye to certain behaviors from these so called “wanking dead” as they would rather have the milk the cash coming into the business from single men..

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

I chose Eureka every time because they allowed single guys on a Saturday

One of the reasons I’m not out at clubs so much is because I can only do Saturday nights and no clubs allow single guys. Well done do but their ‘handpicked’ ones rarely live up to what I would choose lol

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"But with single guy’s brings more wanking dead following couple’s around!!"

They aren't all wanking or dead.

They bring in the money which clubs need to survive.

Reply privately

By *illyvMan
over a year ago

bexleyheath

Coming eureka this saturday for the red night ?

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

Been to many clubs over the years but by far the worse for the wanking dead was Eureka.

If a couple went for a walk in the woods they would often be followed by a long line of single guys.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We were relatively new to Eureka, last couple of years and whilst there was the odd muppet, most of the guys were good to be around.

I do hope we get one last summer.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"Been to many clubs over the years but by far the worse for the wanking dead was Eureka.

If a couple went for a walk in the woods they would often be followed by a long line of single guys.

"

On many occasions, one or most of the followers would be lucky. If they don't try they don't get.

It is the off chance that makes a visit to Eureka attractive to many.

Most couples know exactly how to stage manage the event. If all they are going to do is complain, they have probably chosen the wrong venue.

Reply privately

By *areass2017Man
over a year ago

east coast

I’ve had some cracking times at Eureka, some of my best memories within the lifestyle by far.

Loved the fact you could chill by the pool, get naughty in the bottom field or even more so in the woods. It’s was like the forest gump adage ‘like a box of chocolates’ you never knew as you were driving down the lane towards the gates of what you were gonna get!

Hope to get one last summer out of the place, any news regarding the closure dates?

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

"I’ve had some cracking times at Eureka, some of my best memories within the lifestyle by far.

Loved the fact you could chill by the pool, get naughty in the bottom field or even more so in the woods. It’s was like the forest gump adage ‘like a box of chocolates’ you never knew as you were driving down the lane towards the gates of what you were gonna get!

Hope to get one last summer out of the place, any news regarding the closure dates?"

The chances of getting informed of dates are very slim. Unfortunately the current tenants aren't very forthcoming in fact they haven't said a word which isn't there normal approach when anyone says anything about them or the club, it wasn't that long ago that they were threatening legal action over comments about attendance levels, and yes that is true! So the chances are that one day soon a closed sign will go up on the gates and that will be that. I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

Reply privately

By *x2 4 funCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"Been to many clubs over the years but by far the worse for the wanking dead was Eureka.

On many occasions, one or most of the followers would be lucky. If they don't try they don't get.

So it’s ok for guys to follow couples around all night and it’s our fault for going there is that what your saying

Most couples know exactly how to stage manage the event. If all they are going to do is complain, they have probably chosen the wrong venue.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

"

you’re saying is that it’s down to couples to “stage manage” being harassed and if they can’t handle it go somewhere else. Just because it’s a naturist venue doesn’t give people the right to follow them around wanking.

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

Lost count of the number of times we would be sunbathing in the field and a guy would sit 3 feet away and start wanking.

Probably why they introduced the segregated area for couples.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

you’re saying is that it’s down to couples to “stage manage” being harassed and if they can’t handle it go somewhere else. Just because it’s a naturist venue doesn’t give people the right to follow them around wanking."

If I could find a way to underline on here, the word 'all' was the lynchpin of my sentence. If I were to use capitals, some smart person will tell me not to shout!

It is not beyond the ability of anyone with reasonable interpersonal skills to make it politely clear that they don't want extras or to make it clear which type of extras they do want. If politeness fails then ramp the displeasure up a stage. If they can't manage that then they could well be either at the wrong venue or in the wrong part of it.

Yes, I agree that people should not be harassed, hence Mark Wilson's original rule 'Thou shalt not annoy'.

I have found that if privacy and freedom from unwanted distraction is required by a couple, then the roped off part of the field is the best place to go. Before the rope was erected there used to be hopefuls posing as naturalists(sic) who would perambulate around the lower perimeter looking at leaf buds with one glance and darling buds with the next travel of regard. however, they were relatively few as it was a long walk back up if not invited to partake.

Yes, I agree that nobody should be harassed and that was why Mark Wilson came up with the rule 'Thou shalt not annoy'.

Another aspect is that some couples give off mixed messages. For instance 'Look at me and what I've got but none of you retards are getting a piece of the action but nevertheless my ego appreciates any available attention. I'd be mortified if nobody was envious'.

We all need to appreciate that Eureka is a broad church catering for many discrete* needs and one of the current attractions keeping it alive is the monthly Sunday School (run by an outside group).

*The word does have its place!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

you’re saying is that it’s down to couples to “stage manage” being harassed and if they can’t handle it go somewhere else. Just because it’s a naturist venue doesn’t give people the right to follow them around wanking.

If I could find a way to underline on here, the word 'all' was the lynchpin of my sentence. If I were to use capitals, some smart person will tell me not to shout!

It is not beyond the ability of anyone with reasonable interpersonal skills to make it politely clear that they don't want extras or to make it clear which type of extras they do want. If politeness fails then ramp the displeasure up a stage. If they can't manage that then they could well be either at the wrong venue or in the wrong part of it.

Yes, I agree that people should not be harassed, hence Mark Wilson's original rule 'Thou shalt not annoy'.

I have found that if privacy and freedom from unwanted distraction is required by a couple, then the roped off part of the field is the best place to go. Before the rope was erected there used to be hopefuls posing as naturalists(sic) who would perambulate around the lower perimeter looking at leaf buds with one glance and darling buds with the next travel of regard. however, they were relatively few as it was a long walk back up if not invited to partake.

Yes, I agree that nobody should be harassed and that was why Mark Wilson came up with the rule 'Thou shalt not annoy'.

Another aspect is that some couples give off mixed messages. For instance 'Look at me and what I've got but none of you retards are getting a piece of the action but nevertheless my ego appreciates any available attention. I'd be mortified if nobody was envious'.

We all need to appreciate that Eureka is a broad church catering for many discrete* needs and one of the current attractions keeping it alive is the monthly Sunday School (run by an outside group).

*The word does have its place!"

“Couples give off mixed messages.”

Simply astounded that someone would say that. So because a couple are naked and at Eureka they must be implying that they are up for it in some way. That’s not far short of saying “well she was wearing a shirt skirt your honour so she must have been up for it.”

Reply privately

By *g1979Man
over a year ago

bexley

We used to go as a couple and stay over.

Major issues with single guys.

Local chavs standing by the dj booth harassing and grabbing at women as they went to the toilets.

Couples only nights and somehow you would have 5 or 10 single guys present who are friends with the owners.

When we stayed over we had an incident where my partner went to the toilet after the club at shut and a guy followed her and started wanking in front of her and harassing her.

The best was when we was in our cabin with our curtains shut and we was having fun, I looked up and saw a single eye peeping through the tiniest gap and found a guy outside wanking. He was quite politely told to fuck off.

Glad to go to pleasures now.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

Simply astounded that someone would say that. So because a couple are naked and at Eureka they must be implying that they are up for it in some way. That’s not far short of saying “well she was wearing a shirt skirt your honour so she must have been up for it.”"

I'm not on here to get involved in arguments based on what others might read into my words and then expand into conjecture. (While we are with conjecture, I guess a 'shirt skirt' could well encourage naughty thoughts and sounds like an idea for a Eureka party night!)

I rejoined this thread after someone posted

"I wish I had gone with a lady and had the full experience as a couple. All these type of clubs are far more geared to them than the single men. "

I wanted to point out that Eureka caters equally for single men.

Lots of people go to Eureka and take their clothes off for any number of reasons ranging from getting an all over tan right through to getting laid. Conversely, some walk around almost totally covered and hide behind dark sunglasses. Whatever their persuasion, they all pay to get in and if they behave badly enough they get kicked out.

People of all persuasions and expectations go there for various but mainly adult reasons and that seemed to work during the 35 odd years during which I have been a very regular naturist sunbathing/swimming/liberated/ sybaritic patron who has developed a very good insight into who does what with whom on the site.

How couples deal with nuisance males is entirely up to themselves and dependent on their own skills as just much as on how the single men behave.

I am not going to take sides. However I have occasionally suggested to over enthusiastic hopefuls that they should give couples a bit of space and time to settle down and make their intentions clear. I've also shown newbie couples where they can find locations where privacy is easier to control. Outside those two examples, it is usually none of my business as I am more likely to be on a lounger by the pool all summer long and that is what I shall miss the most if Eureka closes.

I really hope Eureka doesn't close just yet, otherwise we might soon find ourselves discussing the rest room door opening chancers at the place up the road from there which, sadly, doesn't have any woods and fields to worry about.

Reply privately

By *rivatepitMan
over a year ago

Battle

Well that escalated quickly !!?

For what it's worth, my opinion as both a part of a couple, and as a single guy, Eureka offered freedoms beyond other clubs.

For those who enjoyed those freedoms to have sex outside, criticising others for enjoying the same thing (even those who enjoyed themselves without a partner) seems less than tolerant.

Reply privately

By *rthur WrightusMan
over a year ago

Round the Bend

"Well that escalated quickly !!?

For what it's worth, my opinion as both a part of a couple, and as a single guy, Eureka offered freedoms beyond other clubs.

For those who enjoyed those freedoms to have sex outside, criticising others for enjoying the same thing (even those who enjoyed themselves without a partner) seems less than tolerant.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

"

Simply astounded that someone would say that. So because a couple are naked and at Eureka they must be implying that they are up for it in some way. That’s not far short of saying “well she was wearing a shirt skirt your honour so she must have been up for it.”

I'm not on here to get involved in arguments based on what others might read into my words and then expand into conjecture. (While we are with conjecture, I guess a 'shirt skirt' could well encourage naughty thoughts and sounds like an idea for a Eureka party night!)

Lots of people go to Eureka and take their clothes off for any number of reasons ranging from getting an all over tan right through to getting laid. Conversely, some walk around almost totally covered and hide behind dark sunglasses. Whatever their persuasion, they all pay to get in and if they behave badly enough they get kicked out.

People of all persuasions and expectations go there for various but mainly adult reasons and that seemed to work during the 35 odd years during which I have been a very regular naturist sunbathing/swimming/liberated/ sybaritic patron who has developed a very good insight into who does what with whom on the site.

How couples deal with nuisance males is entirely up to themselves and dependent on their own skills as just much as on how the single men behave.

I am not going to take sides. However I have occasionally suggested to over enthusiastic hopefuls that they should give couples a bit of space and time to settle down and make their intentions clear. I've also shown newbie couples where they can find locations where privacy is easier to control. Outside those two examples, it is usually none of my business as I am more likely to be on a lounger by the pool all summer long and that is what I shall miss the most if Eureka closes.

I really hope Eureka doesn't close just yet, otherwise we might soon find ourselves discussing the rest room door opening chancers at the place up the road from there which, sadly, doesn't have any woods and fields to worry about.

"

Don’t make comments then that belong in the 1970s. You are backtracking from your original comments. Go away back to the box entitled “confessions of a window cleaner films” and “cor blimey it’s a Carry On Film.”

There cannot possibly be a justifiable situation where couples should find another club because they don’t like men wanking close to them.

You are entitled to your opinions. But they are outdated, wrong and offensive

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Don’t make comments then that belong in the 1970s. You are backtracking from your original comments. Go away back to the box entitled “confessions of a window cleaner films” and “cor blimey it’s a Carry On Film.”

There cannot possibly be a justifiable situation where couples should find another club because they don’t like men wanking close to them.

You are entitled to your opinions. But they are outdated, wrong and offensive "

You seem determined to put your spin on his words despite him trying to clarify things for you.

I don’t remember anyone but you saying “she deserved it”

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

"

You are entitled to your opinions. But they are outdated, wrong and offensive

You seem determined to put your spin on his words despite him trying to clarify things for you.

I don’t remember anyone but you saying “she deserved it” "

We’re not “putting a spin” on his words were commenting on the comments he made. It’s an open forum

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

"Lost count of the number of times we would be sunbathing in the field and a guy would sit 3 feet away and start wanking.

Probably why they introduced the segregated area for couples. "

3feet away lol

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

keep visualising 3ft away lol you would go mental

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

[Removed by poster at 04/02/23 18:22:59]

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

It’s happened believe me.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

*The word does have its place!"

Did yiu really just use 'retards' on that context?

Also the repeated assertion that couples need in effect to be prepared to tell single men to fuck off is actually a damming indictment of single men. Seriously?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"We used to go as a couple and stay over.

Local chavs standing by the dj booth harassing and grabbing at women as they went to the toilets.

Couples only nights and somehow you would have 5 or 10 single guys present who are friends with the owners.

When we stayed over we had an incident where my partner went to the toilet after the club at shut and a guy followed her and started wanking in front of her and harassing her.

The best was when we was in our cabin with our curtains shut and we was having fun, I looked up and saw a single eye peeping through the tiniest gap and found a guy outside wanking. He was quite politely told to fuck off.

Glad to go to pleasures now."

The only time I've attended on a Saturday night my them partner and I didn't even need a discussion to decide it was not a comfortable or arguably even safe environment.

This was exactly our experience too, pissed up lads hoping to get lucky with zero respect for the people they were hoping to fuck. Just vile. Not all obviously, bit certainly enough.

I've been on a Sunday to the kink event many times as in the main the wanking dead weren't in attendance but ive still seen single men start wanking over people doing rope work in the woods. And in recent years the only person enforcing rules were the organisers of the kink event, the new owners didn't give a fuck as long as people had paid their money and were openly belittling kinksters.

Reply privately

By *outheast couple2022Couple
over a year ago

london

It was the best club to go back in the day, we have not been for over 10 years now,

Reply privately

By *ensualMan
over a year ago

Sutton

"We used to go as a couple and stay over.

Glad to go to pleasures now.

The only time I've attended on a Saturday night my them partner and I didn't even need a discussion to decide it was not a comfortable or arguably even safe environment.

This was exactly our experience too, pissed up lads hoping to get lucky with zero respect for the people they were hoping to fuck. Just vile. Not all obviously, bit certainly enough.

I've been on a Sunday to the kink event many times as in the main the wanking dead weren't in attendance but ive still seen single men start wanking over people doing rope work in the woods. And in recent years the only person enforcing rules were the organisers of the kink event, the new owners didn't give a fuck as long as people had paid their money and were openly belittling kinksters.

"

I was not going to respond to this thread but here is my pennyworth.

On the specific point of rope and people wanking, to my knowledge people were wanking whilst others did rope at the kink event under the previous owners who did not stop it.

I am on the kink events group on FL there are numerous posts in the group about how good the kink event is. Also the kink event has its summer dates out, so the kink event owners can't feel too belittled.

When I started swinging about 8 years ago, Eureka was the second club I visited. The first being Rios which I gave up after a handful of visits.

Eureka was one of a few clubs a single man did not have to book ahead to attend at the weekend. I went a number of times and found it very clicqey and unfriendly. The decor was like a scout hut. The locks on the doors to the play rooms were regularly broken.

When I discovered the old Kestrels I did not go back to Eureka for a long time. People at Kestrels would talk to you even if they had no intention of playing with you.

I also remember the Eureka regulars rubbishing the old Kestrels in the years leading up to Kestrels closing. When it closed and the new one opened they rubbished the new Kestrels. One supporter would even send private messages belittling people who liked the new Kestrels.

Now the wheel has turned.

Last year apart from the kink events I went a few times to a regular party at Eureka which I enjoyed. My regret was that I did not go to more parties. Admittedly the parties were not packed,but they were fun.

We have so few swinging clubs in this country, even if I did not like a club, I think it would be a shame to lose that space. In the kink world too many places have been lost to developers. It's sad that anyone would actively vote to lose a space for swinging.

Reply privately

By *urvyandsnapperCouple
over a year ago

Essex/Kent

We’re genuinely extremely sorry to stumble across this thread - had appreciated the application was “in” but the approval makes everything else inevitable - we guess…

Not going to comment on owners / phases / buildings etc - suffice to say We’ve had some amazing times here over the past 12-13 years - it will always hold a special place in our hearts - and we’ve met some amazing people along the way too..

Just imagine being fortunate enough to purchase one of the new houses…

Reply privately

By *ilf and old fartCouple
over a year ago

Between Ely and Mildenhall

I had many happy days there with my ex wife when it was a good place to visit

Reply privately

By *ed and WolfieCouple
over a year ago

Gravesend

It will be a shame to see Eureka go but unfortunately it became inevitable. The bottom line is simply money. It needed significant investment to maintain it and get it up to scratch, and it simply wouldn't have been making enough. Covid was probably the nail in the coffin which combined with poor management gave it no chance.

The problem really now is uncertainty. With no visibility or communication from the club about what is going on no one is going to go.

It could be ages before it actually closes, but who is going to go to a club where (probably) all but absolutely necessary expenditure has ceased so it will decay even faster.

We had some great nights, and days there, but our one recent visit was like the Marie Celest, and that was a party night.

It needs one last hurrah. A massive going out with a bang party, but it feels like the management have given up, or have priorities elsewhere.

Reply privately

By *illyvMan
over a year ago

bexleyheath

Have spoken to management and was shown yesterday that they are unable to comment or post anything on the forums as they have been blocked so its a bit hard to keep people updated when they are unable to post anything

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Have spoken to management and was shown yesterday that they are unable to comment or post anything on the forums as they have been blocked so its a bit hard to keep people updated when they are unable to post anything "

There are other ways to communicate other than via this forum?

Surely they have their own website and social media channels they could use? Or email their membership?

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

"Have spoken to management and was shown yesterday that they are unable to comment or post anything on the forums as they have been blocked so its a bit hard to keep people updated when they are unable to post anything "

So they are subject to a non disclosure agreement over a planning permission agreement with the local council. Firstly I seriously doubt this to be true. Secondly, if this is the case then you have to ask yourself why? It would be highly unusual as the developers are going to build three houses not a secure unit, prison or anything else of a sensitive nature. Of course it could be a case that the current tenants have reaced a financial agreement that includes an NGA to avoid any issues with current membership which will allow them to put the closed sign up with the least amount of hassel possible. It all smells very fishy to me

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

Nothing on their Facebook page….

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

When they stopped posting on here the mods said that they had asked to be removed. If they have been blocked it’s only because they wanted to be.

To be fair they did get a fair bit of abuse after their terrible pricing policies and unwillingness to listen to what people wanted so they’re probably not in a rush to post on here again.

Surely though they haven’t been blocked from all the social media outlets like fb ig etc?

Reply privately

By *aldyman500Man
over a year ago

Enfield

Why don’t they just open a couples account and comment I’m sure they are reading every word!

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

Still advertising events on their Eureka lifestyle Facebook page.

Reply privately

By *ndrewInEssexMan
over a year ago

Harlow

Eureka advertise events on Facebook (page & group), Twitter & their website.

Reply privately

By *dores blackmenWoman
over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

"Eureka advertise events on Facebook (page & group), Twitter & their website."

Also Eureka party hosts advertise on here

It was my first ever club over 10 years ago,had many great times there in the past,I moved on about 5 years ago and go elsewhere now,however my friends still go and enjoy it

Eureka is still there,so it's not goodbye yet 'use it till you lose it' for those that want to go

Reply privately

By *he Bi Fun ClubCouple
over a year ago

Kings Cross

[Removed by poster at 06/02/23 09:03:16]

Reply privately

By *he Bi Fun ClubCouple
over a year ago

Kings Cross

There isn't necessarily anything sinister or fishy about lack of closure details.

For a development sale it is often the case that the completion date is not specified in the sale contract. A common structure is that the developer will have bought an option to buy and they will have a certain amount of time to then exercise that option. The first and most difficult hurdle the developer will face is obtaining council planning permission which they have done. After that they will have to complete some environmental plans, do risk assessments and line up their contractors.

It is also conceivable that Eureka had a delay clause allowing them one last summer.

Unless someone has sight of the actual contract it is all speculation and if the dates are not fixed I can understand why the current leaseholders are silent on the matter.

Reply privately

By *oupleJBCouple
over a year ago

Chislehurst

But without any firm information who would renew their membership considering the uncertainty.

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Thread has gone quiet. Anyone been up there this week or going tonight (Saturday)?

Reply privately

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple
over a year ago

Watford

£3 for a can of lager when we went there last summer tells you all you need to know why it has failed. It used to be packed when it wasn't run like a prison camp.

Reply privately

By *g1979Man
over a year ago

bexley

"£3 for a can of lager when we went there last summer tells you all you need to know why it has failed. It used to be packed when it wasn't run like a prison camp."

We got a threatening phone call off the female owner because we rented a cabin and they found an empty water bottle after we had left that hadn't been bought at the bar!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fingers (not legs) crossed for one last summer there.

A hot day on those grounds and in the woods will be sorely missed.

Reply privately

By *zziefrankCouple
over a year ago

Wainscott

Yes yesss please do … the house that has the pool preferably, see you there lol

Reply privately

By *areass2017Man
over a year ago

east coast

"Fingers (not legs) crossed for one last summer there.

A hot day on those grounds and in the woods will be sorely missed. "

Couldn’t agree more, I haven’t been since Mike left but would love one more visit!

Best club around in the summer, such a shame it’s going!

Reply privately

By *iamond cockneyWoman
over a year ago

kent

Went to Eureka tonight for the bbclovinbitches twerk & jerk final party with my daughter, been going for years, I’m a member was free to get in, my daughter a non member got charged £20 it’s normally £10 extra for non members, I queried the price got told quite firmly it’s £20, however paid the fee, spoke to the host who also queried the price… was then chucked out of the club ( although got our money back) end of night for us!

When asked about the price increase was told it’s always been that way? However I went last year and only got charged £10 extra as a non member.

The heady days of Mike running it are well and truly over but I’ve been a supporter of Carrie Anne & Stuart since 2020 but even me as a believer in its the people who make the club not the owners feel that they no longer respect their clientele.

I understand that Carrie Anne is no longer involved with the club and Sally believes she is now responsible for who enters the establishment who has no idea of running such a place should take a round of applause for bringing it down.

Don’t bother going there the staff are rude & as soon as the developers go in is not a day to soon.

Reply privately

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple
over a year ago

kent

"The current leaseholders are only a couple of years into a 16 year lease bought at the end of lockdown. The terms of the planning application are that building work must begin within 3 years of being granted.

"

watch this space things gona get better and your be begging at the door for sure

It’s great club and always is don’t give in to rumors lots gona happen there soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"I will still pop in this summer (depending on what the extortionate membership will be this time for single males)

Or go to VA. Lux lounge sounds fun and although I have found VA a little strange at times, it is a wonderful looking enviroment"

hoping you will pop in for some fun lots of changes in place and eureka will be as it was once again

Watch this space

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"The applied for planning permission to change use of the land and build three new homes has been granted. It’s now only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in...."

It’s been given new lease of life don’t give up

Reply privately

By *ed and WolfieCouple
over a year ago

Gravesend

So what ha changed at the new eureka?

Reply privately

By *oyeur for youMan
over a year ago

Canterbury

I was there last weekend. So I would to know what has changed.

Didn't notice anything apart from it was quite from before the pandemic

Reply privately

By *iamond cockneyWoman
over a year ago

kent

"The applied for planning permission to change use of the land and build three new homes has been granted. It’s now only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in....

It’s been given new lease of life don’t give up "

I’m loving the enthusiasm I really am but unless you are investing in the facilities & changing the staff then it’s not going to work… you can’t polish a turd!

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"The applied for planning permission to change use of the land and build three new homes has been granted. It’s now only a matter of time before the bulldozers move in....

It’s been given new lease of life don’t give up "

Are you taking over?

To be honest when we last went last summer it felt very run down and needs investment not just enthusiastic hosts.

And a clear intention of whether ot is staying open if the club expect people to pay membership.

It would be awesome if the club was saved so whatever the involvement I wish you well

Reply privately

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple
over a year ago

Watford

I really do think that they could get back to the busy days by going back to the way it used to be run.

It used to be 'Bring your own bottle', but now it's an enforced bar. You have to buy all your drinks at their bar, and they really do take the piss. £3 for a can of lager is indeed a piss-take, and checking your cabin for contraband food and drink is just despicable. It seems to be run like a prison camp now.

Also the rudeness of the people running the place, and the people behind the bar is legendary.

If they started being pleasant and friendly to their visitors and dropped the enforced own food and drink ban, people would return, and they'd take more in entry fees. They'd probably make more money, and people would go back again and again, and recommend others to go.

Most people I've spoken with about Eureka say that they were regulars, but will never go again with the current regime, but would return if they went back to the way they were.

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

Personally i think £3 a can is fair,its very nearly a pint..10pints £30.but as for checking your hut for outside food brought in,they can fuck right off lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"Personally i think £3 a can is fair,its very nearly a pint..10pints £30.but as for checking your hut for outside food brought in,they can fuck right off lol "
it’s all changing for the better mister just edit to May and your see if you attend

Reply privately

By *iss DevilWoman
over a year ago

Bedford

"

"

That would be the Lux Lounge at VA .

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"

Hoping for a great summer and hope it will still be there for one more horaah ! Try the eureka club heard and know it’s on the up once again. It’s got great outdoor space and places to stay just saying

That would be the Lux Lounge at VA . "

Reply privately

By *Four_u OP   Couple
over a year ago

I'd like to know what is meant by the "new eureka" bit? I doubt very much that the place has new owners, only a fool would buy a lease on land that's just had planning permission for housing granted on it. But, if it is new owners then what's the deal? Bring your own drink? No ridiculous membership frees? Bring your own food? Or is this nothing more than words, which quite honestly is more likely to be the case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hythe

Why would the owners pay an architect to design houses and then apply for planning permission if they didn’t intend to either build them or sell the land with the permission?

Given the prices for land now no one would buy it and run it as Eureka. Only a developer would be interested

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"I'd like to know what is meant by the "new eureka" bit? I doubt very much that the place has new owners, only a fool would buy a lease on land that's just had planning permission for housing granted on it. But, if it is new owners then what's the deal? Bring your own drink? No ridiculous membership frees? Bring your own food? Or is this nothing more than words, which quite honestly is more likely to be the case. "

Please don’t lisen to rumors or terror stories. I have massive experience in clubs and I can tell you it’s open and running it’s rumor that started most of the problems

Eureka was always and will be a great club just come along to see in May. You can take own things if you re accommodations and yes there is licensed bar

We will have DJ RAFFLES PRIZES AND INTERACTION and most of all regular nights

It’s not GOODBYE it’s WELCOME

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"I'd like to know what is meant by the "new eureka" bit? I doubt very much that the place has new owners, only a fool would buy a lease on land that's just had planning permission for housing granted on it. But, if it is new owners then what's the deal? Bring your own drink? No ridiculous membership frees? Bring your own food? Or is this nothing more than words, which quite honestly is more likely to be the case.

Please don’t lisen to rumors or terror stories. I have massive experience in clubs and I can tell you it’s open and running it’s rumor that started most of the problems

Eureka was always and will be a great club just come along to see in May. You can take own things if you re accommodations and yes there is licensed bar

"

Sorry I’m confused

Planning consent is granted for all to see on Sevenoaks district council planning

Ref: 22/01464/FUL

Planning had been granted for the Cessation of the existing use, clearance of the existing built development and the erection of 3no. detached dwellings with enhancements to the landscape and ancient woodland. Associated parking and landscaping.

It’s not a rumour , it’s been granted

With that being fact are you just doing some parties before it’s closed and demolished ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"I'd like to know what is meant by the "new eureka" bit? I doubt very much that the place has new owners, only a fool would buy a lease on land that's just had planning permission for housing granted on it. But, if it is new owners then what's the deal? Bring your own drink? No ridiculous membership frees? Bring your own food? Or is this nothing more than words, which quite honestly is more likely to be the case.

Sorry I’m confused

Planning consent is granted for all to see on Sevenoaks district council planning

Planning had been granted for the Cessation of the existing use, clearance of the existing built development and the erection of 3no. detached dwellings with enhancements to the landscape and ancient woodland. Associated parking and landscaping.

With that being fact are you just doing some parties before it’s closed and demolished ? "

it’s been granted but can take up to 15 years to fulfil or more. And the building is owned by new owner

Rather than put the place down why not support it some ways , swing clubs are finding it difficult as it is to keep open

The club is new staff new owner and new host. If you get 10 years out of it then happy days

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Sorry I’m confused

With that being fact are you just doing some parties before it’s closed and demolished ? it’s been granted but can take up to 15 years to fulfil or more. And the building is owned by new owner

Rather than put the place down why not support it some ways , swing clubs are finding it difficult as it is to keep open

The club is new staff new owner and new host. If you get 10 years out of it then happy days "

I think people are asking reasonable questions bit not getting answers here.

Maybe a clearer statement might help?

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Sorry I’m confused

With that being fact are you just doing some parties before it’s closed and demolished ? it’s been granted but can take up to 15 years to fulfil or more. And the building is owned by new owner

The club is new staff new owner and new host. If you get 10 years out of it then happy days "

I accept that but who the building and lands are owned by the ones who have had planning granted

Do you mean the lease has changed hands ? And if so to whom ?

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

"Personally i think £3 a can is fair,its very nearly a pint..10pints £30.but as for checking your hut for outside food brought in,they can fuck right off lol it’s all changing for the better mister just edit to May and your see if you attend

"

Edit to may?

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

"Personally i think £3 a can is fair,its very nearly a pint..10pints £30.but as for checking your hut for outside food brought in,they can fuck right off lol it’s all changing for the better mister just edit to May and your see if you attend

Edit to may? "

lol sorry typo error should read wait to May do apologize

Reply privately

By *m A FuckerMan
over a year ago

Sorry I’m confused

With that being fact are you just doing some parties before it’s closed and demolished ? "

This me thinks but good luck to them anyway 100%

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

Sorry I’m confused

The club is new staff new owner and new host. If you get 10 years out of it then happy days

I accept that but who the building and lands are owned by the ones who have had planning granted

Do you mean the lease has changed hands ? And if so to whom ? I don’t matter and is none of our business to be fair all I’m saying it’s stable

Rumor get out of hands and people make blame. This club as new crew new manger and new host I think support is needed not rumor or horror stories

If you get 10 yrs more out of it then happy days don’t you think

"

Reply privately

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Sorry I’m confused

Do you mean the lease has changed hands ? And if so to whom ? I don’t matter and is none of our business to be fair all I’m saying it’s stable

Rumor get out of hands and people make blame. This club as new crew new manger and new host I think support is needed not rumor or horror stories

"

I have to be honest you aren’t making it easy for any of us to actually understand what you are writing

I was a die hard ‘Eurekaer’

Their downfall amongst other things was their lack of communication with the very people that loved the club

Perhaps actually giving us some honest and helpful answers rather than just promoting yet another party could bring some much needed footfall before the end of days

I’m not trying to poke you I’m simply like others not really understanding what you are saying is ‘new’ or ‘improved’

Reply privately

over a year ago

kent

Sorry I’m confused

I have to be honest you aren’t making it easy for any of us to actually understand what you are writing

I was a die hard ‘Eurekaer’

Their downfall amongst other things was their lack of communication with the very people that loved the club

Perhaps actually giving us some honest and helpful answers rather than just promoting yet another party could bring some much needed footfall before the end of days

I’m not trying to poke you I’m simply like others not really understanding what you are saying is ‘new’ or ‘improved’ "

I think the club had mangers in past and it was run wrongly lead to bad times footfall. And it started rumors but as a host and intrest in the club I see it now as new crew new staff new manger and they picking up from the past events trying to make it right

There are some simple changes gona be made and soon which if you follow us your find out

But until they firm and made forum not the place

All we ask is you try support the club while changes are made and enforced

Reply privately