Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Newbie to the club scene

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Planning to go my first club on Friday.

The reviews look great and the owner has been so supportive.

Any tips or advice ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ightNWet69Woman
over a year ago

dark side of the moon

Be yourself. treat it like a night out, be social & go with no expectations other than to meet like minded people & anything that happens is a bonus. Have a great time

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I would totally agree with the above. I would also say let the club know it's your first time and make sure you get a tour. They will show you around, give you the do's, don'ts and handy tips, plus answer any questions (don't be afraid to ask any and all questions you have this is a prime opportunity). They may also help to introduce you to regulars in the club to help settle in.

Also I'm not sure if I need to say this because it looks like you've done your research. But check the clubs website and/or contact the club and make sure you work out all the practicalities. Such as:

Dress code (not all clubs are the same)

Does it take cash or card (some place are cash only)

Last bus/train home or parking arrangements

Is the club licenced or do you need to take a bottle (if drinking)

If you work these out in advance saves on any stress on the night or annoying surprises.

Oh and don't be afraid to be assertive, it's totally OK to say no thank you. And if you do have trouble from anyone who is a bit persistent or behaviour your not happy with tell the staff.

over a year ago

Thankyou so much. I'm more worried about what if no-one wants to play or with me ?? Im more worried about the rejection

over a year ago

Thankyou so much x

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Thankyou so much. I'm more worried about what if no-one wants to play or with me ?? Im more worried about the rejection "

Single females are the minority in the club scene, so you will be welcomed in, and looked after very well by the staff and regulars.

You shouldn’t go in with the idea of playing, as nobody is everyone’s cup of tea, but it is unlikely you will not find someone willing to play with you. I’m sure you will be spoiled for choice

By *eachy123Woman
over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

"I would totally agree with the above. I would also say let the club know it's your first time and make sure you get a tour. They will show you around, give you the do's, don'ts and handy tips, plus answer any questions (don't be afraid to ask any and all questions you have this is a prime opportunity). They may also help to introduce you to regulars in the club to help settle in.

Also I'm not sure if I need to say this because it looks like you've done your research. But check the clubs website and/or contact the club and make sure you work out all the practicalities. Such as:

Dress code (not all clubs are the same)

Does it take cash or card (some place are cash only)

Last bus/train home or parking arrangements

Is the club licenced or do you need to take a bottle (if drinking)

If you work these out in advance saves on any stress on the night or annoying surprises.

Oh and don't be afraid to be assertive, it's totally OK to say no thank you. And if you do have trouble from anyone who is a bit persistent or behaviour your not happy with tell the staff.

"

this is great advice x

By *mmmmmmmMan
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

U planning to go to atlantis?

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"Thankyou so much. I'm more worried about what if no-one wants to play or with me ?? Im more worried about the rejection "

All I can say on that is relax (although easier said than done when your worried about something) and be yourself. In my experience if you try not to worry and go enjoy yourself (like you would anywhere else) things will work out fine and I'm sure people will want to play with you.

Also to point out people may desire you but many couples and single guys are actually quite shy. So you can't always expect to sit there and be picked up (sometimes the social areas in clubs can be like an awkward school disco). So if your feeling brave don't be afraid to make the first move.

Going back to TightNwet69's comment really go with no expectations. Every night is different. People may desire you but you may not find anyone you desire for example.

However the night pans out I'm sure you have a good time.

By *ab FunstersCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

The only thing we'd add to the sage advice above is, be careful with the booze!

We've seen new members of clubs taking a bit too much Dutch courage. -That said, you will be looked after by the Club's staff and regulars.

The hardest part is getting through the door!

By *addysSlut13Couple
over a year ago

amlwch

We went to a club for the first time back in July. We were so nervous and I sat with a towel on for half the night (dress code was Lingerie). We eventually loosened up and I got up to dance with the other women in the club, we then ended up in the couples room to have fun with each other.

The people there were friendly. I would say try and be brave enough to talk to people, don’t expect them to come to you.

Definitely get a tour (we didn’t and was a mistake as we missed out on quite a bit)

Didn’t play with anyone else but hoping that we will be more confident when we go back next month.

All in all relax and enjoy a night out as if you would at any other club L x

Post new Message to Thread