Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Attending clubs / events

Jump to newest

By *otwifeEmilyUK OP   Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Do most couples attend clubs / events with friends or just go alone?

We have been thinking about giving some a go but we don't know whether it's best to go with a few people you already know or whether to just go it alone! We don't want to be sat in the corner with nobody to talk to haha!

Thanks in advance

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We've always gone alone so as to avoid feeling obliged to stick with another couple.

We have sometimes been sat in the corner alone though But never for long.

over a year ago

Yea totally agree with above comment! When you go with people you tend to stick with them and then miss out on opportunities to meet others xx

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple
over a year ago

kent

We got fantastic new night for newbies quest message me

By *eachy123Woman
over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

Always let the club/host know if it's your first visit.

Hosts always try to mingle guests who may be there also as first time visitors so you share the same nerves and feelings, something which can be an ice breaker talking to each other about xx

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Generally when I go with My Girl (or a lone) we/I tend to go with no arrangements to meet others. We love the flexibility of not being tied down to anyone and going at our own leisure. On occasion we arrange to meet good freinds of ours from the scene at clubs. But that's because it's naturally the environment that we all enjoy and when we do we seem to all make new freinds anyway (but then that's kind of how we became freinds through clubs in the first place).

By *otwifeEmilyUK OP   Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Thanks everyone! Sounds like we just need to dive in to it haha!

By *arriedcoupleNECouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We went in alone without anything arranged the first time and that was right for us as it meant that we could just settle in and go at our own pace.

We've subsequently attended with first timers and the fact that they had faces to look for in the crowd helped settle them in.

Either way actually taking the final step through the door was the most nerve wracking part.

By *oublethefunMan
over a year ago

Midlands, london

We always go as a couple and put an add on this site to say witch club we are going to and make sure we say who we are looking for ie a male or male/male or other couples.

That way you can give pre warning to people le that may also be attending.

Even if you don’t have any intentions of playing and just wish to see what it’s like you can say so in your add and just chill and take in the venue.

over a year ago

My wife and I always go alone. The first time we went we were very nervous and sat quietly in a booth. But my wife bravely decided to go topless and within minutes we were chatting with another couple and the fun began.

over a year ago

"Thanks everyone! Sounds like we just need to dive in to it haha!"

I’m in a couple of kik groups if you want to attend one of the upcoming events in leeds, if you fancy a chat I can private message you just let me know x

Post new Message to Thread