Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Is Eurekas closing down?

Jump to newest

By *indMasterUK OP   Man
over a year ago

All over England

I have heard from a couple of people that Eurekas will be closing as the owners have sold the land for development. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hellebelleWoman
over a year ago

ashford

No idea….. but there is indeed a planning application on sevenoaks under Reference 22/01464/FUL for residential purposes.

It’s worth a look.

Granted this may be not agreed and could go on for years… but it would seem the land owner is wanting to sell which would see the end of the club

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Why do so many people put an S on the end of it? It's called Eureka.

By *ilf and old fartCouple
over a year ago

Between Ely and Mildenhall

It will be a shame if it does. We've had many fun times there in the past

By *errysMan
over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

I think i have the answer you require.

Its to do with the english language, we have lots of little quirks that seem strange and are difficult to explain without being an expert in quantum physics.

Eureka is the name of the business which exists on paper but not in a physical sense so you cannot actually visit eureka. on the other hand eureka is based in a place where you can physically go, that place is referred to as eurekas. This can be used at many other places and not just businesses. for instance if you visit your parents you could say you are visiting your mothers equally the same place could be referred to as your fathers.

I hope this clears up the issue.

By *errysMan
over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

Ok so before anybody decides to rip into me about my post i will point out that i have no idea what on earth i was talking about.

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"Ok so before anybody decides to rip into me about my post i will point out that i have no idea what on earth i was talking about. "

I wouldn't say "rip into" rather that you reinforced the misconception.

If you go shopping, you may visit ASDA or Tesco. Neither should have an S at the end unless:

"I had to visit two ASDAs before I found the underpants I wanted"

Or

"I don't wear designer underpants, I wear ASDA's"

I think though that an S added on the end of the club name, is not as disappointing as a bunch of Baratt(s) houses

By *orMatureWomenAndCouplesMan
over a year ago

Ipswich

"I think i have the answer you require.

Its to do with the english language, we have lots of little quirks that seem strange and are difficult to explain without being an expert in quantum physics.

Eureka is the name of the business which exists on paper but not in a physical sense so you cannot actually visit eureka. on the other hand eureka is based in a place where you can physically go, that place is referred to as eurekas. This can be used at many other places and not just businesses. for instance if you visit your parents you could say you are visiting your mothers equally the same place could be referred to as your fathers.

I hope this clears up the issue. "

No, since you’re trying to be some sort of grammar pedant, Eurekas would be a plural, so it is Eureka.

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

I think though that an S added on the end of the club name, is not as disappointing as a bunch of Baratt(s) houses

"

Barratt's, surely?

However, they won't be Barratt homes. The developers are hoping to build three luxury residences on part of the site.

Therefore I would suggest that three wealthy naturists buy one each and welcome all fellow naturists to continue using the woods and the idyllic sloping field, in perpetuity.

As for swinging parties, the householders could take turns at hosting them or couples could swing between properties (Great idea at New Year).

Unfortunately all my money has gone on women so I cannot lead the initiative.

By *errysMan
over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

"

No, since you’re trying to be some sort of grammar pedant, Eurekas would be a plural, so it is Eureka."

Ah no, sorry you got me wrong i was just being silly. please refer to my second post.

Post new Message to Thread