Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Numbers on bottles

Jump to newest

By *awty Welsh Cpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

a club near you

Just got asked by our grown up child who was looking at our drinks cabinet "what are these numbers stuck to some of your bottles?". We used the "we won them in raffles" line. Anyone have better explanations than that they used?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugarandspice9569Couple
over a year ago

Doncaster

"It's the age of the bottle"?

By *urvyandsnapperCouple
over a year ago

Essex/Kent

Numbers on bottles? What is this game

By *inksAPlentyCouple
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"Just got asked by our grown up child who was looking at our drinks cabinet "what are these numbers stuck to some of your bottles?". We used the "we won them in raffles" line. Anyone have better explanations than that they used?"

Never had that problem - our bottles are always used up while we are at the club but I do like the raffle idea!

Ms x

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

This is something I've learnt over years from wine experts, in my hotels career.

The numbers can often be a Manufacturers mark, especially in older style bottles or from foreign countries.

It can sometimes be a particular number code to match a specific wine or spirit, as required by the drink product's maker. EG, a Whisky maker may request their products to be bottled in a certain code numbered bottle.

Some really older bottles may not have numbers but a letter or two etched into the bottle during the manufacturing stage.

By *eordiesCouple
over a year ago

newcastle

"Just got asked by our grown up child who was looking at our drinks cabinet "what are these numbers stuck to some of your bottles?". We used the "we won them in raffles" line. Anyone have better explanations than that they used?"

That used to happen to us so much.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What is this secret? What numbers?

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Raffle

But I very rarely bring the bottle home …..

V x

By *awty Welsh Cpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

a club near you

"Raffle

But I very rarely bring the bottle home …..

V x "

It is also rare with us. When will we learn a 70cl suits us. All the bottles with stickers are litre bottles.

By *arrior PrincessWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 24/12/21 00:13:15]

By *arrior PrincessWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"This is something I've learnt over years from wine experts, in my hotels career.

The numbers can often be a Manufacturers mark, especially in older style bottles or from foreign countries.

It can sometimes be a particular number code to match a specific wine or spirit, as required by the drink product's maker. EG, a Whisky maker may request their products to be bottled in a certain code numbered bottle.

Some really older bottles may not have numbers but a letter or two etched into the bottle during the manufacturing stage."

Haha howling at this.....the numbers referred to by OP are when you go to a swingers club. Many of them are bring your own alcohol. You hand your bottle in and they put a number on it. Then when you want a drink, you go to the bar, tell them your number and they serve you. At the end, you take your bottle home.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"This is something I've learnt over years from wine experts, in my hotels career.

Some really older bottles may not have numbers but a letter or two etched into the bottle during the manufacturing stage.

Haha howling at this.....the numbers referred to by OP are when you go to a swingers club. Many of them are bring your own alcohol. You hand your bottle in and they put a number on it. Then when you want a drink, you go to the bar, tell them your number and they serve you. At the end, you take your bottle home."

Well, I took it from the professional perspective.

I wouldn't have thought about what you have described, as I haven't experienced this aspect in any club, down to the fact I'm Teetotal, and only drink soft drinks or water.

Post new Message to Thread