Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

No safe around vaccinated

Jump to newest

By *issyEM OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nearly

I know is anyone’s choice to do so and both sides should be respected but

- swinger clubs full of vaccinated people who not doing test as they don’t have to is bit not logical?

They can spread and hey ho even so they do not have to be isolated

Where is the logic?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I know is anyone’s choice to do so and both sides should be respected but

- swinger clubs full of vaccinated people who not doing test as they don’t have to is bit not logical?

Where is the logic?

"

I suppose it's degrees of restriction. We know that although fully vaccinated can get the virus they are less likely to, and if they are less likely to catch it they are less likely to infect someone.

Asking someone to get vaccinated and test as well is probably seen as a step too far for something likel going to a club. Behavioural science has probably had a lot to do with the decision.

Regardless, people are going to need to be vaccinated before going to clubs and the higher vaccination percentage in any given group of people, the safer it is for everyone.

By *issyEM OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nearly

Who told you vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus? All info about it included that you will not end up in hospital is atm far away from true . Most people with covid in hospital are 2 jabbed !

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Who told you vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus? All info about it included that you will not end up in hospital is atm far away from true . Most people with covid in hospital are 2 jabbed !"

Oh dear.

You are far less likely to pass the virus on, far less likely to have symptoms, far less likely to have severe symptoms and far less likely to die.

It's totally false to say that most people in hospital with covid are double jabbed, I think the last figure was 40%.

It also stands to reason that there will be double jabbed people in hospital as the majority of elderly and vulnerable people are double jabbed, those people are also far more likely to end up in hospital anyway, with or without covid.

The fact that we have such a huge surge in cases yet the hospitalisations and deaths aren't following at the same rate shows that the vaccines are working and doing exactly what was expected.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Who told you vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus? All info about it included that you will not end up in hospital is atm far away from true . Most people with covid in hospital are 2 jabbed !"

Scientists.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Doctors, scientists, public health consultants.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I know is anyone’s choice to do so and both sides should be respected but

Where is the logic?

"

They can spread it but less likely too.... but also I think most would be testing before they go anyway. I know I would be. But then I'm tested 5 times a week anyway .

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

There's very little point in testing with lateral flow unless you have symptoms as there's not enough virus to activate the test, less than 40% according to latest gov't (ONS) data. If you have symptoms though, they are 95% effective. Remember symptoms of Delta can be very similar (initially) to the common cold, so if you think you have a cold it might be Covid, so test please and don't go out.

By *aughtyYorkGentMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Who told you vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus? All info about it included that you will not end up in hospital is atm far away from true . Most people with covid in hospital are 2 jabbed !

Scientists. "

Nope. That error was corrected days ago. 60% of those in hospital are unvaccinated, the remaining 40% have had one or two jabs. Taking into account the point made by Keeley concerning the ages of those vaccinated too, it's clear that the vaccines are doing their job pretty well.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"There's very little point in testing with lateral flow unless you have symptoms as there's not enough virus to activate the test, less than 40% according to latest gov't (ONS) data. If you have symptoms though, they are 95% effective. Remember symptoms of Delta can be very similar (initially) to the common cold, so if you think you have a cold it might be Covid, so test please and don't go out."
your not supposed to use LFT if you have symptoms. Only PCR.

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 22/07/21 17:18:33]

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/feature/how-reliable-are-lateral-flow-covid-19-tests

Post new Message to Thread