Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Setting up a club

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are clubs a bisbke business idea? Do any of them make a good profit? It are they more like a hobby for people who run them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Pre covid of course!

By *ear in the chairMan
over a year ago

Godstone

Most owners will tell you that setting one up takes a large fortune, when you close it down or move on, anticipate having a smaller fortune.

By *lub playCouple
over a year ago

Blackpool, At The Crack Of Dawn!!

"Are clubs a bisbke business idea? Do any of them make a good profit? It are they more like a hobby for people who run them?"

If your thinking of running a club for big profits, don't even consider it you will be sorely disappointed. In my experience most owners run clubs for the swinging community they love and if they can pay there bills and make a living they are more than happy.

over a year ago

"Are clubs a bisbke business idea? Do any of them make a good profit? It are they more like a hobby for people who run them?

If your thinking of running a club for big profits, don't even consider it you will be sorely disappointed. In my experience most owners run clubs for the swinging community they love and if they can pay there bills and make a living they are more than happy.

"

Haha no I was just curious! I was just wondering if it's mostly just for the love of swinging.

By *eordiesCouple
over a year ago

newcastle

The guy who set up Fun4two in Holland was a greengrocer by trade. He spent a fortune doing out the premises, made a lot of money running it and then sold it on at a good price, we were told.

It's all about the local laws, the location and getting people thro the doors.

By *lub playCouple
over a year ago

"Are clubs a bisbke business idea? Do any of them make a good profit? It are they more like a hobby for people who run them?

Haha no I was just curious! I was just wondering if it's mostly just for the love of swinging. "

We do it for the love of it as do I imagine most of the others. Noghting like seeing people just being their true liberated selves without being judged. Its what we miss the most

over a year ago

Haha no I was just curious! I was just wondering if it's mostly just for the love of swinging.

We do it for the love of it as do I imagine most of the others. Noghting like seeing people just being their true liberated selves without being judged. Its what we miss the most "

How did you manage to set one up to begin with?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Pre covid of course!"

Pre covid? Is there another one coming, shit!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I don't know many/any club owners that do it as a hobby!!! Lol Most of us work 90+ hours a week either in the club or behind the scenes...intense hobby!!! Haha

over a year ago

"I don't know many/any club owners that do it as a hobby!!! Lol Most of us work 90+ hours a week either in the club or behind the scenes...intense hobby!!! Haha "

Yeah this is what I'm curious about as many people say they don't make money, why work 90 hour weeks?

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

"I don't know many/any club owners that do it as a hobby!!! Lol Most of us work 90+ hours a week either in the club or behind the scenes...intense hobby!!! Haha

Yeah this is what I'm curious about as many people say they don't make money, why work 90 hour weeks?"

I'm similar as I run my own business in the motorcycle industry. In the summer I go to a lot of events (usually) and work extremely long hours and I make a living, that's it.

I do it because I love motorbikes and the lifestyle they encourage and I like being in control of my life and don't have to listen to anyone else.

If I was trying to sell computers or something it just wouldn't work for me. I would imagine it's the same as club owners.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There must be plenty of couples on here who would to own a club.

Unfortunately running a business that really only opens 2 nights a week isn't easy.

I would say that those who do run club don't do it as a profit making business.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"There must be plenty of couples on here who would to own a club.

Unfortunately running a business that really only opens 2 nights a week isn't easy.

I would say that those who do run club don't do it as a profit making business. "

What clubs only open 2 nights a week? Many are open 4-6 nights and many daytimes too!

By *tt1Couple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Most of the owners we know would say

“if you want to make a million pounds from being an adult club owner then start by investing two million”

By *ookinkMan
over a year ago

Skegness

"I don't know many/any club owners that do it as a hobby!!! Lol Most of us work 90+ hours a week either in the club or behind the scenes...intense hobby!!! Haha "

And to think your lucky you have a cash and carry next door.

By *ookinkMan
over a year ago

Skegness

"I don't know many/any club owners that do it as a hobby!!! Lol Most of us work 90+ hours a week either in the club or behind the scenes...intense hobby!!! Haha

Yeah this is what I'm curious about as many people say they don't make money, why work 90 hour weeks?"

As you put your life saving into the club in most cases. and cuts wage bills. as your looking at over £10ph wage and ni and holiday pay for staff.

By *ugarandspice9569Couple
over a year ago

Doncaster

Suppose it depends on area, if you go somewhere that has an established club then you have to offer something they dont have. By looks of things pandoras seem to be doing well but they have quest very nearby. But pandoras have more choice of rooms, whereas quest has that cosy feel.

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

"Pre covid of course!

Pre covid? Is there another one coming, shit! "

Pre: as in before what do they teach in schools these days?

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

What clubs only open 2 nights a week? Many are open 4-6 nights and many daytimes too! "

Club SX was only open 2 nights a week. I assume Club Play will be the same?

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Most of the owners we know would say

“if you want to make a million pounds from being an adult club owner then start by investing two million”

"

That sounds a familiar quote!

By *lub playCouple
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/03/21 03:24:27]

By *urrey Dave 69Man
over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

"Most of the owners we know would say

That sounds a familiar quote! "

When I first saw the quote Ronnie Scott was the person to which it was attributed talking about his Jazz Club

By *lub playCouple
over a year ago

What clubs only open 2 nights a week? Many are open 4-6 nights and many daytimes too!

Club SX was only open 2 nights a week. I assume Club Play will be the same? "

Sx/Play has always been an events driven club in Blackpool in a weekend hoilday destination with another very good, well equipped rival spra based club (infusion) with a full size swimming pool less than 2 miles away. Infusion in my view is more suited to the full-time daytime trade than we are as a club and the reason behind the opening hours we use to operated under. As a now retired ex Sx manager I sure you would understand this better than most and the reason behide Sx/Plays binssness model as it was. In fact lots of people use to go to infusion in the daytime & Sx at the nighttime whilst visiting Blackpool & even our own staff and volunteers use to go on a Friday daytime before work at the nighttime!

Club Sx, now Club Play has always hosted massive events every weekend which will never change. What will change is the introduction of some select daytime events and Thursdays nights events at the new Club Play so any assumption would be totally incorrect.

The fact is the old Club Sx as a big events club had more visitors/custom in the 2 nights than some clubs get in a week, some a month! this ment a very heavy work load for it's staff, volunteers, management and owners in a sort space of time. The work before and afterwards to accommodate 100-250 people ever Saturday night and provide a homemade top quality buffet every weekend was emense achievement and something I am very proud the club & its staff and Volunteers achieved. So saying we only opened two nights a week is simplifying things somewhat to say the least.

What the new Club Play aims & wants to do is to raise the bar again even higher than ever before. Sx was a good starting point but the New Club Play is something else altogether!

We are ready for Play, are you?

Usual now club disclaimer - Again this is only applies after the pandemic is over and we are able to open again legally & Safety

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

What clubs only open 2 nights a week? Many are open 4-6 nights and many daytimes too! "

Most of the club's in the south west are open at the most 2 nights a week, a few much less often

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Sx/Play has always been an events driven club in Blackpool in a weekend hoilday destination with another very good, well equipped rival spra based club (infusion) with a full size swimming pool less than 2 miles away. Infusion in my view is more suited to the full-time daytime trade than we are as a club and the reason behind the opening hours we use to operated under. As a now retired ex Sx manager I sure you would understand this better than most and the reason behide Sx/Plays binssness model as it was. In fact lots of people use to go to infusion in the daytime & Sx at the nighttime whilst visiting Blackpool & even our own staff and volunteers use to go on a Friday daytime before work at the nighttime!

Club Sx, now Club Play has always hosted massive events every weekend which will never change. What will change is the introduction of some select daytime events and Thursdays nights events at the new Club Play so any assumption would be totally incorrect.

The fact is the old Club Sx as a big events club had more visitors/custom in the 2 nights than some clubs get in a week, some a month! this ment a very heavy work load for it's staff, volunteers, management and owners in a sort space of time. The work before and afterwards to accommodate 100-250 people ever Saturday night and provide a homemade top quality buffet every weekend was emense achievement and something I am very proud the club & its staff and Volunteers achieved. So saying we only opened two nights a week is simplifying things somewhat to say the least.

What the new Club Play aims & wants to do is to raise the bar again even higher than ever before. Sx was a good starting point but the New Club Play is something else altogether!

Usual now club disclaimer - Again this is only applies after the pandemic is over and we are able to open again legally & Safety"

Retired?! That makes me sound very old!! I am still very much on the scene

Before any crazy rumours start, I resigned in order for Paul and Dawn to have a new start in a new club and run it the way they want to, and wish them all the best in doing so

By *lub playCouple
over a year ago

Usual now club disclaimer - Again this is only applies after the pandemic is over and we are able to open again legally & Safety

Retired?! That makes me sound very old!! I am still very much on the scene

Before any crazy rumours start, I resigned in order for Paul and Dawn to have a new start in a new club and run it the way they want to, and wish them all the best in doing so "

Resigned is a better definition than retired lol

Like wise we would like to wish Hanky all the best in the future & want to thank her for all she has done to help make the club the success it has become today & suspect the pink haired one will be back in the club maybe hosting again we hope xxx

Post new Message to Thread