Back to forum list
Back to Chat room feedback/discussion

Camera blank

Jump to newest

By *winkleFairy OP   Couple
over a year ago

UK

Hi all,

Flash is installed and it says it’s working. My camera shows as connected but all I get is a white box no actual video footage is being broadcast?

I’ve enabled flash in the permissions, restarted, tried both browsers etc but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oolstewieMan
over a year ago

Southampton

"Hi all,

Flash is installed and it says it’s working. My camera shows as connected but all I get is a white box no actual video footage is being broadcast?

I’ve enabled flash in the permissions, restarted, tried both browsers etc but nothing.

Any suggestions? "

Can you unplug the webcam and plug it back in or is it built in?

By *oolstewieMan
over a year ago

Southampton

"Hi all,

Any suggestions? "

Also are you using a Mac or Windows. If Windows which version? Plus it is the latest version of Flash Player?

over a year ago

UK

"Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Can you unplug the webcam and plug it back in or is it built in?"

It’s built in - I’ve just ordered an external one as I think it’s not picking it up for some reason in settings! Hopefully that should fix it!

By *oolstewieMan
over a year ago

Southampton

"Hi all,

Any suggestions?

It’s built in - I’ve just ordered an external one as I think it’s not picking it up for some reason in settings! Hopefully that should fix it!"

I have had a white box before myself. Fixed once unplugged and plugged the camera back in.

With a separate camera at least you can be a lot more inventive with the camera angles, especially if it has a nice long lead

over a year ago

UK

"Hi all,

Any suggestions?

It’s built in - I’ve just ordered an external one as I think it’s not picking it up for some reason in settings! Hopefully that should fix it!

I have had a white box before myself. Fixed once unplugged and plugged the camera back in.

With a separate camera at least you can be a lot more inventive with the camera angles, especially if it has a nice long lead "

Haha yes I did thank that! A silver lining! Thanks for your help!

By *oolstewieMan
over a year ago

Southampton

"Hi all,

Any suggestions?

With a separate camera at least you can be a lot more inventive with the camera angles, especially if it has a nice long lead

Haha yes I did thank that! A silver lining! Thanks for your help! "

If it has a tripod thread as well you will be well away with it mounted on there. Cable on mine is 6 feet. lol. Shame videos cannot be posted on here.

No problem with the help.

Post new Message to Thread