Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Chat room feedback/discussion

undercover mods ??

Jump to newest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

After another incident in scotland chat of an offender coming back time and time again giving people abuse in the room for no reason .

please say simply yes or no to undercover mods and see if admin will respond to this ?

im a big definate YES

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oh did i say yes

over a year ago

yes as long as thats all they are there to do and not anything else

over a year ago

Its a no...from what i gauge on these so called forums its open season on any one and any subject! This is fundamentaly a sex site, so how you gonna police peoples perversions. Oh hold up wait a minute..Here comes all the the crusaders!...ha ha

By *ot - CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

We dont use the chat.

Did you rapport the person?

over a year ago

everyone in the room reported the person i also reported the same person two weeks ago after abuse

over a year ago

yesssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssss oh yessssssssssssssss but adim would need to find a fair undercover one which would be hard

over a year ago

we love to do it and wev seen it it stop us going in the rooms now we dont go in them as we did we all so hav the time to do it a lot ot time to it to xxx

By *rs kemeaCouple
over a year ago

angus

No from me.

Undercover mods would only work when they're in the room at the time something happens. I think we need more mods so that there's less chance of a room being left un-moderated.

If someone's being abusive, just block them and you don't have to see their drivel or risk getting caught up in a slanging match.

over a year ago

_rs kemea, i couldnt agree more- too many folks on here, have been driven away because of back biting, and name calling and other such nonsense, as someone has already said, this is an escape for most of us, from the realitys of life, and it is meant to be fun, im sure we would all want it to stay that way

By *uncpl007Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

a no from us, you aint going to stop abuse in some form from the site, there are mods you can get if it gets out of hand, but we wouldn`t miss the chat rooms if they were gone, thats where all the arguements and bitchyness on this site start from

over a year ago

No as don't see the need, report and block the person in question.

over a year ago

nope

By *z ThongzWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

All for more mods in either normal or undercover capacity.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

There is no " dont care " option

By *uncpl007Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

and why start another thread exactly same as you did 3 days ago ?

over a year ago

The reson i think undercover mods would be a good idea is because the indivitual can be delt with there and then rather than at a later date when chat logs have been checked.

I also think when the individual has been given a room ban the ban should start when they next try and enter the room for what ever time scale they have been banned for because all too often its late in the evening and all they do is slope off to bed and come back the next day so its no big deal to them to be banned.

Many times when abuse is going on by the time a mod is found and enters the room they shut up and dont say a word if mods were then undercover they can see the abuse first hand and deal with it.

The reason for another post is because the one done a few days ago was done to gage peoples opinions on the idea this this is for people to say a simple yes or no so admin can read it and maybe give an opinion on whether they think it could work or not .

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Thats a huge post for a yes or no answer only

I will move this to the chat feedback section for Admin to see better

over a year ago

yes

over a year ago

Ive noticed the STOP N THINK message when your going to send an email

what about one when your entering chat a warning that if your abusive to other chatters then you will be banned might make them think twice about it but i doubt it lol

I also think that since this comes up time and time again it should definaltey be a case of if your a repeat offender then your ban time increases with each ban .

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Persistant offenders of chat, for whatever rule breaking get a bigger ban.

over a year ago

Ok say I was an undercover mod... (obv I don't lol)

But if I was... What would make it me different to being a normal mod?

What would could be the benefit?

I think to make a plausible suggestion u need to make the pros and cons clear to admin...

Just a suggestion

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I am a mod on another site that has no star against the name...and only the very new people don't know we are mods, but obviously they get to know too soon enough.

The only way an undercover mod would work is if they don't join in chat at all and are there just ban people....which I don't think is a good thing.

So the question....it would be no from us.

over a year ago

"I am a mod on another site that has no star against the name...and only the very new people don't know we are mods, but obviously they get to know too soon enough.

The only way an undercover mod would work is if they don't join in chat at all and are there just ban people....which I don't think is a good thing.

So the question....it would be no from us."

Same with another site I mod on... U just have a name like chat help 1... 2... Ppl spend a lot of time trying to work out who u r... It becomes a big game.... Even interchangeable names same happened...

The only way it would work is if u didn't appear on the list atall....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

We have our own name on it and chat like normal.

I agree, it would have to be done with no name at all in chat...which I think is very underhand tbh.

over a year ago

A few years ago on another chat, a member who was friendly with a chat mod, would text her to ask her to ban someone for him.

He would then 'hint' in the room that this was going to happen.

Thus, some people started to think that this user was a chat help/mod. It went a little far and he started purporting himself as an admin of the site as well.

I can bet that if 'undercover mods' was a regular thing, some users in chat would rise to this and make out that they are mods.

To this end I think users do need clarity on who are the chat mods…. we are there to help people if needed as well, although to be fair 99% of the regulars help as well.

I think regular use of been banned with no mod in the room is a little underhand.

If people direct/abuse when there are 3 or 4 mods in the room, either cos they are that brazen or have not read the rules, what makes people think that they will stick to the rules when there is NO obvious mod in the room and just a small chance of been an undercover mod in the room?

They simply wont.

The subject of been more chat mods however is another one all together, of which I agree there should be.

S.

over a year ago

"A few years ago on another chat, a member who was friendly with a chat mod, would text her to ask her to ban someone for him.

Thus, some people started to think that this user was a chat help/mod. It went a little far and he started purporting himself as an admin of the site as well.

I can bet that if 'undercover mods' was a regular thing, some users in chat would rise to this and make out that they are mods.

To this end I think users do need clarity on who are the chat mods…. we are there to help people if needed as well, although to be fair 99% of the regulars help as well.

I think regular use of been banned with no mod in the room is a little underhand.

If people direct/abuse when there are 3 or 4 mods in the room, either cos they are that brazen or have not read the rules, what makes people think that they will stick to the rules when there is NO obvious mod in the room and just a small chance of been an undercover mod in the room?

They simply wont.

The subject of been more chat mods however is another one all together, of which I agree there should be.

S. "

thats bang out of order

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"A few years ago on another chat, a member who was friendly with a chat mod, would text her to ask her to ban someone for him.

They simply wont.

S. "

over a year ago

"yesssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssss oh yessssssssssssssss but adim would need to find a fair undercover one which would be hard"
think the undercover mod should be a newbie as they wont take sides lol

over a year ago

"yesssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssss oh yessssssssssssssss but adim would need to find a fair undercover one which would be hard think the undercover mod should be a newbie as they wont take sides lol"
its also a big YES lol

over a year ago

It would have to be a no from me too..

Using a horrible analogy the way they stop crime is to have a more visible police presence on the streets not more undercover officers...

Which is a crap way of saying more users with stars would be an answer rather than ninja mods....

over a year ago

When I modded on another site, I was simply known as 'Chat23'.

If I divulged my real member name my mod status would have been removed pronto.

We were given a separate profile for that purpose. If we didn't want to mod we had the option our normal profile, but that never happened because we didn't use the chatrooms which was a good thing because we had no 'chat buddies' who we liked or disliked.

We simply upheld the rules, took no shit and took no prisoners

over a year ago

Reluctantly, it would have to be a 'no' from me, as well.

Currently, mods are volunteers, and are swingers first, and mods second. Therefore, we expect to be able to join in the chat and general banter in the rooms. For a "ninja mod" to be effective, they would need to put modding ahead of their own fun, and to do this would really require modding to be a paid job.

To do this on a free-site would divert Fab's financial resources away from making all the improvements to the site that we see regularly.

I'm sure there are other solutions, such as the progressive ban times, which have already been mentioned

over a year ago

"For a "ninja mod" to be effective, they would need to put modding ahead of their own fun, and to do this would really require modding to be a paid job.

"

We did neither .. we neither put it ahead of our own fun and neither did we expect it to be a paid job.

We modded when we felt like it and used the site as an ordinary member when we felt like it, but we were anon as a mod, and otherwise didn't use the chatrooms and thus had no 'friends' in there and found that we could be 100% impartial.

Having said that, we did join in the banter from time to time just to be friendly ....

over a year ago

"everyone in the room reported the person i also reported the same person two weeks ago after abuse "

Would this be the same one I saw being abusive as soon as I got into chat and banned there and then?

No need for sneaking or hiding, he WAS banned.

over a year ago

no point!!

mods do nowt!!

ban ye n ye get bk in 5mins latr!!

shocking!!

over a year ago

"no point!!

mods do nowt!!

shocking!!"

mods to a grand job in fab... we ban and its up to admin after that so if they back on its nowt to do with us

over a year ago

Admin are always happy to hear feedback.... use the 'contact' link at the bottom of the page, and it's option 8 "I have a comment about something a moderator did".

over a year ago

I Agree xxx

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"no point!!

mods do nowt!!

shocking!!"

mods ban, admin deal with it after that. And the mods that we have are bloody good at what they do.

What people need to realise is that we have clear guidance on the rules and how they should be interpreted. Just because you see something in the room that you might think comes across as directing etc, and a mod does nothing doesn't mean we aren't doing our job.

All the questions that we are asked in the room, we have more than likely already asked admins advice on. We aren't winging it.

over a year ago

would it not be best to have an 'alert admin' button?

sometimes ive reported the profile and described whats gone on, and at what time approx,

but it still means until that report has been checked out until a mod arrives in a room the abuse/directing could still go on. i then go on a mod hunt until one is found.

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

"would it not be best to have an 'alert admin' button?

sometimes ive reported the profile and described whats gone on, and at what time approx,

but it still means until that report has been checked out until a mod arrives in a room the abuse/directing could still go on. i then go on a mod hunt until one is found."

have a search of mods then add to hotlist maybe bit quicker see wees on line , hope this helps hun

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

but it still means until that report has been checked out until a mod arrives in a room the abuse/directing could still go on. i then go on a mod hunt until one is found.have a search of mods then add to hotlist maybe bit quicker see wees on line , hope this helps hun "

ps good idea like

over a year ago

but then you'd still have to send them a message and hope they read it, i know that i dont check my messages when im in the chatrooms as things are just busy

over a year ago

but it still means until that report has been checked out until a mod arrives in a room the abuse/directing could still go on. i then go on a mod hunt until one is found."

Chat mods dont read the reports that you submit (whether that be about a user or an issue in chat)

If you do report someone and an Admin is online and checks it they can take action from the report and ban without entering the room. (hence why sometimes you see people banned with no mods in the room)

I do think the idea of 'alert a chat mod' is something worth pursuing though. In the mean time, add all the chat mods to hotlist and you can see who is in chat when you need them.

Steve

over a year ago

I still say we should have the mods listed on the room pages before people enter so they get to know who the mods are and can find them faster.

By *irlsplayCouple
over a year ago

south west

if your new here you dont appear in the room whats wrong with mods being given mod numbers and they dont appear in the room its annon and easy for them to ban even freinds as often freinds get away with things they shouldnt get away with , and can stay in stealth mode .

over a year ago

for 1 mods dont have freinds lol and 2 wudnt work because like the cap rule you give a warning first just incase it was a mistake, your way means no warnings for nowt if u get what i mean lol

over a year ago

It would be pointless I think. Maybe we could do with having more mods but undercover mods would that just not flame things up in a chat room with to much chat and speculation oh who the undercover mods are. Also mods are like us at the end of the day swingers who use there spare time to help us all out and unpaid whilst trying to be swingers. Thinks mods do a great job

over a year ago

but it still means until that report has been checked out until a mod arrives in a room the abuse/directing could still go on. i then go on a mod hunt until one is found.

Chat mods dont read the reports that you submit (whether that be about a user or an issue in chat)

If you do report someone and an Admin is online and checks it they can take action from the report and ban without entering the room. (hence why sometimes you see people banned with no mods in the room)

I do think the idea of 'alert a chat mod' is something worth pursuing though. In the mean time, add all the chat mods to hotlist and you can see who is in chat when you need them.

Steve"

see your point about adding them to a hotlist but you'd still have to go on a mod hunt through various rooms

over a year ago

"

see your point about adding them to a hotlist but you'd still have to go on a mod hunt through various rooms "

Or you get messaged as I do and then I appear from nowhere with a cape and my pants outside my trousers

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Or you get messaged as I do and then I appear from nowhere with a cape and my pants outside my trousers "
He's not a superhero, just a perv in a rush!!

over a year ago

Rainy thought he never wore pants

over a year ago

Would it not be better for the moderators to have an asterix next to there names when they are on duty or online then you can report the abuse to that person straight away, at least then you know who the mods are and what rooms they are in??

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Would it not be better for the moderators to have an asterix next to there names when they are on duty or online then you can report the abuse to that person straight away, at least then you know who the mods are and what rooms they are in??"

mods do have asterixes next to their names

i do think it would be good if mods names appeared at the top of the chat list, another site does that and it makes it esay to find one if u are room hopping looking.

over a year ago

Jem....

A sensible suggestion x

By *utty tartWoman
over a year ago

the house of sin

THE MODS in chat do a gud job but its a very thankless one, the amount of shit the get n hate mail must be unreal. they cant be in every room at same time n like the most of us they have families n jobs, n at the end of day they r wanting to perv n chat meet n have a laf in the room too, but cos the group of idiots spoiling it all the time the mods never gt chance. the site needs more mods whether undercover or not,,n no b4 anyone asks me , Richy did not pay me to put this in here lmao...

By *uvi n Jolly RogCouple
over a year ago

West Somerset... Near Butlins

"yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oh did i say yes"

User no longer on site lmfao

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Jem....

A sensible suggestion x"

im ill, which will explain it

over a year ago

I am all for undercover moderators but they should be paid employees of the site owners and there purely to monitor the moderators.

There is no other reasonable use for hidden mods. Why have hidden mods when you have visible mods?

Reason why I say there should be hidden mods is because I have increasingly seen rewrites of the rules and behaviour that is iffy. Mods should not be the centre of the room funnily enough but some clearly haven't worked that out. Also it might be an idea to warn people directly before giving them the boot.

Just booting and then making it a point of discussion in the room is not good. Indeed such chatting after actions I believe is against the moderators code in terms of how they are meant to behave. Yet it happens constantly.

An example of rewrites is the reference to 'enticing' and so forth recently being used by certain mods. The rules state clearly what is or what is not acceptable. The rules as they are should be what is posted and not some moderators ideas of the rules. Keep it simple folks.

Also directing is exactly that - directing. Talking to a friend, for example, about a hen night and the dress they are wearing - and saying 'oh you'll need to show me it' is not directing folks. Lets use a little sense here.

At the end of the day the mods are members and amateurs and not expected to get it right everytime. However, in that context, some will get it wrong and some even seriously wrong. In such cases there has to be a more sensible means of addressing this than a template response which often leaves members frustrated and is likely to increase any bad feelings over dubious or frankly rotten decisions.

Lets not pretend everyone is above reproach. That star should not be a signal to do as suits. As members we should have a proper means of redress when decisions are shown to be wrong.

So on such grounds I say hidden moderators would be ideal to both inform moderators in their tasks and also to challenge any behaviour that is clearly an abuse of their privileges.

I fully expect some people will react badly to what is a reasonable opinion stated here but I can only be true to myself, my conscience and my ethics.

Have a cool weekend peeps x

over a year ago

They simply wont.

S. "

Agree with this...

Post new Message to Thread