Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Chat room feedback/discussion

Chat Moderators NEED Training?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The reason for this message is to improve the experience of ALL those whom use the Chatrooms.

Now to the reason for this message...

I've found a huge difference with Moderators in the Fab Swingers Chat - some will use discretion in dealing with those breaking the rules to others whom don't declare anything just ejecting people from chat.

What, I'd like is for more precision to occur around how Fab Members are chosen to become Moderators & MORE IMPORTANTLY the entire process to become transparent meaning everybody knows who is/been selected along why?

Also, members of Fab Swingers being able to comment on the performance of those whom are Moderators - this is important for clarity.

I'd also like this to be the start of looking at constant improvement within the site from it's look time for a revamp to ways of making it more user friendly.

My dream is a once-a-year Weekend in which the Owners can host an event in which members can meet them as a way of promoting this community along with suggestions of improvement.

Some, people that use Chat are unaware of the basics of operating various features therefore having a Fab Weekend with lectures & tutorials will assist everybody.

I look forward to the comments...

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How would this fantasy 'meet the moderators' pan out in your imagination?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You do know this a business not a utopian society ?

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Some rule breaking gets a straight ban with no discretion on the instructions from Admin.

Everyone knows who are mods by their *

You can send your feedback about moderators through the CONTACT button at the bottom of any page on a desktop / home page on your phone.

The feedback section for suggestions is always read by Admin

They would need a huge venue to house everyone at a social.

There are lots of tips of how to use the site on the FAQ's

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd just like a venue say like a Hotel booked over Friday to Sunday or a Bank Holiday Weekend in which the ownership of Fab Swingers could arrange it for members to attend for the entire event or day passes.

It could be one huge Social with sections for more naughtiness to tutorials such as using the site to free form ideas on improvements to the site.

That many people are members of this site in the UK that am sure an entire Hotel with Conference Facilities could be fully booked rather easily.

Just be nice to actually meet in person the ownership & fellow members.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought the future development of this site was important as I feel it is.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Suggestions are always read in this section if you have any

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would imagine something along the lines of... Verbal rant followed by banging

Reply privately

over a year ago

As an ex mod (who would take up the mantle again) it's sometimes hard to keep warning people in chat when it's so busy.

Room reminders are shown and at the end of the day of you don't read them but read the chat it's your fault.

I admit mistakes are sometimes made as some comments can be misconstrued as directing or abusive when friends are mucking around in chat but mods have to draw a line in the sand and abide by the rules they signed up to.

You have to remember. THESE PEOPLE DO THIS VOLUNTARY!

I thank all the mods that put time and effort into making the site a better place for all.

Reply privately

By *ittykat76Woman
over a year ago

Plymouth

"As an ex mod (who would take up the mantle again) it's sometimes hard to keep warning people in chat when it's so busy.

Room reminders are shown and at the end of the day of you don't read them but read the chat it's your fault.

I admit mistakes are sometimes made as some comments can be misconstrued as directing or abusive when friends are mucking around in chat but mods have to draw a line in the sand and abide by the rules they signed up to.

You have to remember. THESE PEOPLE DO THIS VOLUNTARY!

I thank all the mods that put time and effort into making the site a better place for all."

Well said Cj xx

Reply privately

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I understand in a way where the OP is coming from ...

In that basic training would be a good idea ... so everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

It won't change, it's a problem that seems to be rooted in human nature.

There is no clear way of knowing who can and can't shoulder the burden of authority. Police forces have the same issue. What you need, is an effective way to dispute the claim of the moderator, but they were left in charge because the job got too big for the person who wrote the rules to handle. Everyone would simply complain, and then that person who you complain to now still has the same problem, only with the extra problem of the moderators.

The only effective way is to have most disputes go unlistened to, and for someone to spot check these periodically, explaining as they go that if the person didn't do a good job, they run the risk of losing their moderation position.

This never works because someone always gets complacent.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

The only effective way is to have most disputes go unlistened to, and for someone to spot check these periodically, explaining as they go that if the person didn't do a good job, they run the risk of losing their moderation position.

"

No complaint goes unlistened . All of what you say happens now. All bans are checked and reports investigated and if mods are not up to scratch they lose their stars

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No complaint goes unlistened . All of what you say happens now. All bans are checked and reports investigated and if mods are not up to scratch they lose their stars

"

I work in the customer services industry, and it's amazing how many things it has parallels with haha.

When I say unlistened to, I mean uninvestigated. We assume for the most part that not all calls need to be checked, or you'd have to pay two people to ensure quality. Instead, we pull a sample out weekly and if we spot a problem we train it out with the agent, or if it's horrific, we obviously take more drastic measures.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Yours sounds like a bigger place and will probably get more complaints so will work differently I suppose. But for Admin they investigate all complaints about mods and give feedback or get rid if needed.Because obviously it is a smaller operation all can be checked

Reply privately

By *ink magnolia s yorksWoman
over a year ago

south yorkshire

Always suggestions from people who don't pay the pittance it costs to support the site. As people have said it's a business and mods do it without being paid.

How long do you think it would take the press to get a sniff off a massive coming together of swingers? What hotels do you think would be happy to host it? A lot would be conserned about other guests seeing sexual behaviour. How many people would be so comfortable that they'd forget it wasn't a club like we're used to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would like us as a community to have the opportunity to meet once-a-year from networking to sexual health education.

It could even be done as a Social with NO play allowed therefore the risk of sensational Media observation is decreased along with making this site & those on it as responsible adults.

I'd personally like the opportunity to meet the team that maintains this site inc. those whom own it - to thank them.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I would like us as a community to have the opportunity to meet once-a-year from networking to sexual health education.

"

Surely as adults with the internet and gum clinics at our fingertips we can sort our own sexual education out

Reply privately

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I would like us as a community to have the opportunity to meet once-a-year from networking to sexual health education.

It could even be done as a Social with NO play allowed therefore the risk of sensational Media observation is decreased along with making this site & those on it as responsible adults.

I'd personally like the opportunity to meet the team that maintains this site inc. those whom own it - to thank them. "

I think that would be open to abuse.

The idea of the mods are to remain anonymous and to have a non biast opinion when dealing with complaints regardless of the outcome.

From what I read into it you are looking at the moderators to hold some sort of responsibility of members rather than just the site.

Reply privately

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I'd personally like the opportunity to meet the team that maintains this site inc. those whom own it - to thank them. "

You can thank the team by posting in Fabswingers.com site feedback section, they will be able to see it there. As for the social,if you feel that passionately about it feel free to organise it your self. The site has catered for this by creating a Meet Requests and Parties section. Once you have have all the plans in place you can post there to advertise your social (As a wise man once said "if you build it they will come")

Reply privately

over a year ago

For, any business to progress it requires face-to-face communication with it's Customer Base in Japan this practice is known as Hanasu shinjitsu or...

Talking Truth

In, that companies with diverse Customer Base in Japan this is Age ask if people have problems, nagging issues to improvements required.

The representatives of the Company are present at these sessions inc. Ownership thus constant improvement occurs.

As, an established member of Fab Swingers I feel that the selection process of Moderators needs re-thinking combined with Training as people whom obtain this role may use this influence incorrectly.

Also, ego exists which is the negative aspect of pride (now pride is a good thing as it's noble meeting self-respect) therefore ways to prevent Moderators crossing-the-line.

Then, the layout it's been the same for ages can a revamp occur? I'd give 2wks to 3wks for Fab Swingers to go off-line.

Yet, improvements to the site & the people that use them can truly only take place if a Social that would be via paid ticket would occur say over a Weekend just once-per-calender-year.

Therefore, the majority of Moderators could attend along with the Owner(s)... who are they again?

So, Talking Truth can occur.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

I can appreciate your business accumen however there is no obligation by the site owners or the moderators to attend any sort of formal training to aid the site.

By doing so the site owners and moderators hold no responsibility for the actions of members out with the site.

Your plan is deeply flawed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

"For, any business to progress it requires face-to-face communication with it's Customer Base in Japan this practice is known as Hanasu shinjitsu or...

Talking Truth

In, that companies with diverse Customer Base in Japan this is Age ask if people have problems, nagging issues to improvements required.

The representatives of the Company are present at these sessions inc. Ownership thus constant improvement occurs.

As, an established member of Fab Swingers I feel that the selection process of Moderators needs re-thinking combined with Training as people whom obtain this role may use this influence incorrectly.

Also, ego exists which is the negative aspect of pride (now pride is a good thing as it's noble meeting self-respect) therefore ways to prevent Moderators crossing-the-line.

Then, the layout it's been the same for ages can a revamp occur? I'd give 2wks to 3wks for Fab Swingers to go off-line.

Yet, improvements to the site & the people that use them can truly only take place if a Social that would be via paid ticket would occur say over a Weekend just once-per-calender-year.

Therefore, the majority of Moderators could attend along with the Owner(s)... who are they again?

So, Talking Truth can occur. "

Based on what you have said above.

1. FAB is a server ran business.

There are no employees of the company except the owners.

Trying to implement Japanese work ethics on a site that is operated by a couple of people is pointless.

2. Owners do not have to do anything they don't want to. There are no rules implimenting this.

3. You constantly mention the moderators. Have you had an issue with one in particular or are you hoping that you will become one?

As I posted before moderator anonimity is key to an unbiased outcome. Getting all the mods into one room at the same time would not only be difficult due to the locations in the country but who would foot the bill for travel costs and accommodation? And that's if agree. Remember they are only voulenteers.

4. The site layout works. If it didn't it would have been changed ages ago. It might be basic but it keeps costs down to a minimum which is key to operating a successful business.

Nobody has to be on the site. There is no obligation to sign up.

All members are over 18 and adults responsible for themselves.

Don't over think things and enjoy the site for what it was built for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For, any business to progress it requires face-to-face communication with it's Customer Base in Japan this practice is known as Hanasu shinjitsu or...

Talking Truth

Trying to implement Japanese work ethics on a site that is operated by a couple of people is pointless.

2. Owners do not have to do anything they don't want to. There are no rules implimenting this.

3. You constantly mention the moderators. Have you had an issue with one in particular or are you hoping that you will become one?

As I posted before moderator anonimity is key to an unbiased outcome. Getting all the mods into one room at the same time would not only be difficult due to the locations in the country but who would foot the bill for travel costs and accommodation? And that's if agree. Remember they are only voulenteers.

4. The site layout works. If it didn't it would have been changed ages ago. It might be basic but it keeps costs down to a minimum which is key to operating a successful business.

Don't over think things and enjoy the site for what it was built for. "

I disagree with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude bit. I understand totally that the owners might be keeping this a small business and not making a great deal of advancement, and no, nobody is forcing us to sign up, but we pay for the service and feel it could be Improved. Personally, we don't set the prices, but we'd be more than happy to part with more money for a service we used. As it stands, we're silver only, purely because the cams don't interest us, and we don't post enough pictures to worry too much about needing gold for that either.

We are customers, not users, and the faster it's understood that those who want a better service on here are willing to pay for it, the better the site can be even for those that don't want to pay.

Swinging isn't cheap, and neither are most of the people that do it. Use the audience to fund the advancements.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

Talking Truth

Don't over think things and enjoy the site for what it was built for.

I disagree with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude bit. I understand totally that the owners might be keeping this a small business and not making a great deal of advancement, and no, nobody is forcing us to sign up, but we pay for the service and feel it could be Improved. Personally, we don't set the prices, but we'd be more than happy to part with more money for a service we used. As it stands, we're silver only, purely because the cams don't interest us, and we don't post enough pictures to worry too much about needing gold for that either.

We are customers, not users, and the faster it's understood that those who want a better service on here are willing to pay for it, the better the site can be even for those that don't want to pay.

Swinging isn't cheap, and neither are most of the people that do it. Use the audience to fund the advancements. "

But if the owners have not updated the site in years there is a reason for this.

You said yourself you pay for certain functions which is obviously profitable for the owners.

The site is the perfect example of supply and demand.

As long as people are willing to pay token amount to use certain features there will be no reason to change the format.

Reply privately