Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Chat room feedback/discussion

cam not working in chatroom

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

since windows 10 was updated my cam wont work in chatroom got flash player turned on but still wont work

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inybirdukCouple
over a year ago

loughborough

we don't even have an icon to turn our cam on

By *etejonesMan
over a year ago

nr Frodsham

Same here was using Chrome and couldn't connect Cam . Changed to Microsoft Edge worked great for a week. Windows 10 just updated ...Cam wont work again

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 23/05/17 21:52:23]

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

The info, from Admin, in this thread seems to be solving cam problems for Chrome users.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/chat-discuss/628048

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

my cam wont work in chat i cam view others but not get mine up and running its a rite pain in the bum hope some one can help with it

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I'm sure somebody will be able to offer some advice. It would probably help them, to help you, if you gave them a bit more information!

By *ate201214Man
over a year ago

manchester

Im working on MacOSSierra and my cam is not working. It is not giving me the option or asking me to allow the cam use. I have the most up to date Adobe too

over a year ago

im on google and mine not working no one seems to be able to hailme out with it as i dont get any thing to click on so need to no where i go from here any help would be gd ta peeps

over a year ago

rainman it wont even let me click on the link that admin put up lol

over a year ago

some one said try firefox but so full of bugs

By *r Peachy n Mrs PonyCouple
over a year ago

Widnes

For the Mac you need to go to safari, then preferences, security, tick the box enable java, then plug in settings and make sure adobe is ticked then make sure fab is in the current open websites box

By *amara_ThomasTV/TS
over a year ago

horsham

Me too, it's fucking infuriating!

By *olwaymanMan
over a year ago

penrith

HTML5 cams (v002)

New: You can now view cams without Flash installed. Just tap/click the cam icon next to username. You still need Flash to broadcast your own cam.

There's no sound yet.

We're working next on touch and mobile friendly chat.

still getting this? adobe flash turned on cam works on other sites why not this one weeks of this sort it fab?

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"HTML5 cams (v002)

still getting this? adobe flash turned on cam works on other sites why not this one weeks of this sort it fab? "

You don't say which browser you're using, but the info, from Admin, in this thread seems to be solving cam problems for Chrome users.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/chat-discuss/628048

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"it wont even let me click on the link that admin put up "
You can't post links in the forums, you'd need to copy and paste the address into the address bar.

over a year ago

"Im working on MacOSSierra and my cam is not working. It is not giving me the option or asking me to allow the cam use. I have the most up to date Adobe too"

Same problem mate

By *layful Couple For YouCouple
over a year ago

Lust

Had this at the weekend. Just install the latest update of Adobe Flash Player and bingo, everything is now good.

By *r Peachy n Mrs PonyCouple
over a year ago

Widnes

For the Mac you need to go to safari, then preferences, security, tick the box enable java, then plug in settings and make sure adobe is ticked then make sure fab is in the current open websites box

By *uniorendowedMan
over a year ago

London Derbyshire

Same thing happened to me a while back

SOLUTION:

On Google Chrome If you do not get the means to use your camera when you go into CHAT please try the following. Open Chat as usual. On the address line at the top there should be an i inside a circle on the left hand side. Click on it and a drop down menu should appear. Most, except pop ups should be on allow or ask. Go to flash click on the arrow then ‘Always allow on this site’. Close list and at the top click reload button. All should work. It also works for me on Fab Guys. That should work until you leave the site but may have to do the same next time. Hope this is of assistance.

Thank Truro for this

over a year ago

thanks worked for me when i clicked on the I at the start of the web address and set java to allow always on this site

over a year ago

me too i have tried all suggested fixes but nothing is helping someone somewhere help me please

"HTML5 cams (v002)

New: You can now view cams without Flash installed. Just tap/click the cam icon next to username. You still need Flash to broadcast your own cam.

There's no sound yet.

We're working next on touch and mobile friendly chat.

still getting this? adobe flash turned on cam works on other sites why not this one weeks of this sort it fab? "

over a year ago

Truro bloody marvellous thank you soooo much

"Same thing happened to me a while back

SOLUTION:

On Google Chrome If you do not get the means to use your camera when you go into CHAT please try the following. Open Chat as usual. On the address line at the top there should be an i inside a circle on the left hand side. Click on it and a drop down menu should appear. Most, except pop ups should be on allow or ask. Go to flash click on the arrow then ‘Always allow on this site’. Close list and at the top click reload button. All should work. It also works for me on Fab Guys. That should work until you leave the site but may have to do the same next time. Hope this is of assistance.

Thank Truro for this "

By *andyblokeMan
over a year ago

birmingham

yep this worked for me.very annoying tho as it worked fine before fabs "upgrade"

over a year ago

massive thanks finally got our cam working again

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Same thing happened to me a while back

quick bump if you use chrome..

SOLUTION:

Thank Truro for this "

over a year ago

"Truro bloody marvellous thank you soooo much

Same thing happened to me a while back

SOLUTION:

Thank Truro for this "

I'm on Microsoft edge, seen this also. just work phew!

Post new Message to Thread