FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Chat room feedback/discussion

Cam not working in new chat but is in old?

Jump to newest

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

If your cam is not working in new chat but IS working in old userplane chat, please add to this thread ONLY the make/model of your cam, and where you bought it from and ONLY if you have a PC (we don't have macs available to us to test on).

We intend to try and source a couple of the non-working cams to test out fixes. If you have a spare cam that the above criteria applies to that you would be able to send us, let us know.

Admin x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *osiephillCouple
over a year ago

The High Peak

Ours is built in to our toshiba win7 laptop

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Anyone with an external cam? We want to get this working but without a "broken" cam to experiment with we can't progress

Admin x

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My cam works on skype but not on here. Anything I can do to rectify the situation?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

my cam is an external creative NX ultra, on vista on laptop but i cant see it being the webcam, as no ones would work, i think its a bug in the new software personally

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"My cam works on skype but not on here. Anything I can do to rectify the situation?"

Let us know the make and model of the cam and your computer, in this thread, as per request above

Admin x

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"my cam is an external creative NX ultra, on vista on laptop but i cant see it being the webcam, as no ones would work, i think its a bug in the new software personally"

It is a bug in the software that we believe to be specific to certain cams.

Admin x

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

(deleting any messages in this thread that aren't strictly on topic; please just start a new thread if off-topic)

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Bump - another call on this?

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Did you try messaging those who complai_ed in the other thread?

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/help/42453

By *icknDeeCouple
over a year ago

hartlepool

I've seen several cameras that externally are identical, are the same make and model but totally different inside. You'd probably be better off asking for the USB ID of the problem cameras so you know which camera chipsets are causing issues.

Might be down to driver version too...

By *edMan
over a year ago

wales

Have a microsoft lifecam vx-700 ......works fine in old chat not working in new and unable to view any cams in new chat.......all updates done etc ....any help ??????/

over a year ago

are does not work in the new chat room we have a built in web cam and have window 7

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Have a microsoft lifecam vx-700 ......works fine in old chat not working in new and unable to view any cams in new chat.......all updates done etc ....any help ??????/ "

Sounds like that's a flash issue try google chrome or firefox, if you can't see cams it's nothing to do with your cam, it's a flash issue

Admin x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/03/11 21:54:42]

over a year ago

Built in acer crystal eye webcam. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Works in the old but not in the new!! Can view cams ok but not transmit. Doesnt work in chrome or IE. Any idea whats up??

over a year ago

"If your cam is not working in new chat but IS working in old userplane chat, please add to this thread ONLY the make/model of your cam, and where you bought it from and ONLY if you have a PC (we don't have macs available to us to test on).

We intend to try and source a couple of the non-working cams to test out fixes. If you have a spare cam that the above criteria applies to that you would be able to send us, let us know.

Admin x"

I have just purchased a Trust Webcam with sound from Staples. It works in the old chat rooms but not the new. Can you help please??

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"If your cam is not working in new chat but IS working in old userplane chat, please add to this thread ONLY the make/model of your cam, and where you bought it from and ONLY if you have a PC (we don't have macs available to us to test on).

Admin x

I have just purchased a Trust Webcam with sound from Staples. It works in the old chat rooms but not the new. Can you help please??"

Can you let us know the exact make + model you're using as well as what browser + operating system you're on?

We'll try and get hold of it, see if it causes problems here. If it does it will help us to resolve this!

Admin x

over a year ago

logitech 120

tesco

over a year ago

Acer Aspire 5732X

Littlewoods

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/04/11 12:59:59]

over a year ago

LifeCam VX-3000, but IE just crashes when we click cams...

However it works fine in Opera

By *ausage and sizzleCouple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

Just to let you know, my Mac wasn't working in chat, but is now.

Had to click on the spanner, next to the stop/start audio button, then click the camera icon, scroll down and pick my Mac in-built camera from selection and it works perfectly now.

Hope that helps anyone with Mac problems in chat room.

over a year ago

Small theory.

We uninstalled the flash for 64bit IE and only use the 32bit IE and seems to be working ok, for now....

By *aurus35Man
over a year ago

somerset

Vimicro USB PC Camera

Ebay

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

There appear to be about a dozen different models. Does it have a model number on it?

Does it have a built in microphone?

By *ambam and pebblesCouple
over a year ago

pool,redruth

hi, cam is showing next to our screen name but doesn't show us.

we have a Logitech c120 purchased in pc world ????

I have downloaded flash and the needed updates please help

By *rCanIMan
over a year ago

mids

Hi webcam is just a white background yet everyone can still see fine. Using a Sony vaio SZ4XWN/C. Thanks

over a year ago

Look 312P

By *impsxxWoman
over a year ago

croydon

my cam works fine in old chat and in new chat it works when i enter room then with in one min it turns off then no matter what i do it doesnt come on .im on google chrome upto date with adobe .my cam is microsoft life cam vx-6000 was brought from argos a while ago

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"my cam works fine in old chat and in new chat it works when i enter room then with in one min it turns off then no matter what i do it doesnt come on .im on google chrome upto date with adobe .my cam is microsoft life cam vx-6000 was brought from argos a while ago "

What internet connection are you using is it a mobile/dongle?

Sounds like it is something connectivity related rather than cam related.

Admin x

By *impsxxWoman
over a year ago

croydon

Im with sky just a normal box plugged in to my pc

By *ugaurtaMan
over a year ago

Belfast

If u r using Windows 7 64bit and chrome as a browser try closing it completely in task manager (Alt+Ctrl+Del) then run it as an admin (right click on chrome and click run as an administrator).

if this doesn't help try updating ur chrome to the last version + updating ur camera drivers.

hope this helps xx

By *impsxxWoman
over a year ago

croydon

Thanks i Will give that a go

By *impsxxWoman
over a year ago

croydon

How do u up date camera driver if that has to be done

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

I think I have a solution that will fix 90%+ of the problems people are having.

Those of you having problems - when the 'allow camera settings' dialog box appears in the top right corner, is it 'frozen' (i.e. does nothing no matter what you click)?

If your answer is 'yes' I have the solution (it appears to be a Flash problem on 64-bit architectures, or at least it was on my 64-bit Ubuntu installation).

I sometimes think Steve Jobs was right. Sometimes.

over a year ago

mine goes off and on and off and on

mircosoft 3300

over a year ago

my webcam is not workin in new chat it did before but not now its a trust 15007

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Hi...this is the only way to gey my cam to work in new chat,but it works everytime

close fab,log back in,go into old chat,turn on cam,come in newchat leaving old chat open,then your cam should be on in newchat if it is close old chat.Before you leave make sure all cam settings correct

over a year ago

Willenhall

Chewy is it a 64-bit OS (likely if it is a new PC)?

Try this:

1. Go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

2. The panel you see is your actual settings, local to your particular computer. Click on the last tab ('Peer Assisted Networking Settings') and scroll until you see 'chat.fabswingers.com' (and chat.fablfirts.com if you use that site too). Select the site then select the 'Always allow' radio button above.

3. Now click on the tab to the left of the one you are on (Website storage settings). Increase the limit for chat.fabswingers.com (and chat.fabflirts.com, as above) and raise the limit to 100KB. This may help with problems of intermittent camera access. Note you may need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect.

The above works even when you can't access these settings directly on your own PC/Mac etc. Most of the camera problems are likely caused by what I suspect to be a bug in the 64-bit Flash implementation, and not caused by the specific camera nor OS/browser involved.

Now who thinks I should get 3 months 'Gold Supporter' status gratis lol?

over a year ago

"Chewy is it a 64-bit OS (likely if it is a new PC)?

Try this:

1. Go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

2. The panel you see is your actual settings, local to your particular computer. Click on the last tab ('Peer Assisted Networking Settings') and scroll until you see 'chat.fabswingers.com' (and chat.fablfirts.com if you use that site too). Select the site then select the 'Always allow' radio button above.

3. Now click on the tab to the left of the one you are on (Website storage settings). Increase the limit for chat.fabswingers.com (and chat.fabflirts.com, as above) and raise the limit to 100KB. This may help with problems of intermittent camera access. Note you may need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect.

The above works even when you can't access these settings directly on your own PC/Mac etc. Most of the camera problems are likely caused by what I suspect to be a bug in the 64-bit Flash implementation, and not caused by the specific camera nor OS/browser involved.

Now who thinks I should get 3 months 'Gold Supporter' status gratis lol?"

Feel free to pay for one like we do

By *impsxxWoman
over a year ago

croydon

just have to say a big big thank u to _ugaurta who was so nice to message me and gave me advice and now my cam works ...babe your a diamond xxxxxxxxx

By *spennyMan
over a year ago

SOUTHAMPTON

hi my cam is a technika sold in tescos, i'm using vista home premium and run google chrome my flash is updated. but still cant us cam in new chat..works in old..does work in new for a few moments then icon goes but cam is still running...model number:TKW109 SC521510. 1.3MP WEBCAM AND HEADSET. IT comes with arcsoft webcam companion software...

over a year ago

Hi i can't see any one else's cam it comes up but now pic

over a year ago

Hi

I have a DELL laptop about 1 year old with built in cam which works in old chat room but not new....any ideas on how i can get it to work???

over a year ago

Willenhall

"Hi

I have a DELL laptop about 1 year old with built in cam which works in old chat room but not new....any ideas on how i can get it to work???"

What operating system and browser? The OS and browser are probably more important than the camera itself (if the camera works locally and/or in other applications it is unlikely to be an issue with the camera). The chat rooms are Flash-based and most issues are likely caused by Flash.

Try the suggestions in my previous post - if that doesn't work post the model of the laptop (i.e. Dell Inspiron 15R) and the operating system and browser (i.e. Windows 7 64-bit & Internet Explorer 9).

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista it will help to know whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version - to find out follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218#WinVista7 .

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I had this problem some weeks ago (PN running Windows 7, using firefox primarily but also have Chrome and IE8 as backup browsers). I have a Logitech Live Cam.

I resolved by uninstalling Flash as well as the webcam software, restarting the PC then reinstalling only Flash. Presto!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Hi

I have a DELL laptop about 1 year old with built in cam which works in old chat room but not new....any ideas on how i can get it to work???"

Alicat...this works for me,without having to install/uninstall

close fab,log back in,go into old chat,turn on cam,come in newchat leaving old chat open,then your cam should be on in newchat if it is close old chat.Before you leave make sure all cam settings correct

By *orkmalewithPAMan
over a year ago

York

I have a HP 6735s which is now running Ubuntu 11.10 which I changed from vista. Before I changed my web cam CKF7063 was working fine on Fab but now it is not?

The Camera is working as it is fine on Skype... When I go onto chat and try to activate my camera and I cant click on Activate even if I click on the 2nd link?

Any ideas what I can try?

over a year ago

"I have a HP 6735s which is now running Ubuntu 11.10 which I changed from vista. Before I changed my web cam CKF7063 was working fine on Fab but now it is not?

The Camera is working as it is fine on Skype... When I go onto chat and try to activate my camera and I cant click on Activate even if I click on the 2nd link? Any ideas what I can try? "

Spandex, TheRainMan, he say:-

"I'm not suggesting this will solve everybody's problems, but it worked for me!

The problem that I had seemed to occur shortly after a recent Flash update - may be linked, may be coincidence.

When I went into new chat I could see the "Click to Start Cam" and "Above not working? Click here" links, but neither of them were clickable. I found that, if I right clicked on where my cam should be shown, and chose "Global Settings ..." and then the "Cam and Mic" tab and click the "Camera and Microphone Settings by Site..." button, there is a list of web sites. I changed the setting for chat.fabswingers.com from "Ask me for permission" to "Allow" and when I restarted chat, my cam came on automatically. I can then hide the cam if I want to.

I've switched this backwards and forwards several times with the same results. I'm guessing that there's a bug in the interchange between the site and Flash Player as the small "Adobe Flash Player Settings" box with the Allow & Deny radio buttons is never displayed, although it is from userplane. Has the format for the API call changed recently? (Hope that sounded like I know what I'm talking about! )

I have no idea what TheRainMan is talking about , but he generally knows his stuff, so give it a go!

By *orkmalewithPAMan
over a year ago

York

Thanks Sunny for the help I tried it but it is not working?

I think there is a problem with Adobe and Ubuntu 11.10

x

over a year ago

Willenhall

"I have a HP 6735s which is now running Ubuntu 11.10 which I changed from vista. Before I changed my web cam CKF7063 was working fine on Fab but now it is not?

The Camera is working as it is fine on Skype... When I go onto chat and try to activate my camera and I cant click on Activate even if I click on the 2nd link?

Any ideas what I can try? "

The suggestion in my earlier post (especially if the 'Activate' link freezes). This is how I solved my problem (running Ubuntu 11.10 AMD64 with Chrome). I only had problems running 64-bit Ubuntu & Windows - 32-bit worked fine on both.

over a year ago

Something I have noticed....

If I have another program open that uses flash (eg. another adult site IM thingy) it will stop Fab chat/IM thingy from opening and crash that page.

Hope the above made sense

By *reaky mangoesCouple
over a year ago

London

hi, built in toshiba cam. we cannot get our cam to work in the chat rooms. we have tried the advice but to no avail. we cannot click on the buttons to allow our cam to play....

By *rnydMan
over a year ago

Somerset

I have a TEXET WCM-183 USB2.0 cam. Have the same problem as many others (able to view cams but mine doesn't work in the new chat (blank white screen) but is fine in the old). I run IE9 but have also tried with Firefox and chrome and get same problem. Latest Flash has been dowloaded as have drivers.

Would be great if you can help as I've tried everything I can think of...

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

" from above:

When I went into new chat I could see the "Click to Start Cam" and "Above not working? Click here" links, but neither of them were clickable. I found that, if I right clicked on where my cam should be shown, and chose "Global Settings ..." and then the "Cam and Mic" tab and click the "Camera and Microphone Settings by Site..." button, there is a list of web sites. I changed the setting for chat.fabswingers.com from "Ask me for permission" to "Allow" and when I restarted chat, my cam came on automatically. I can then hide the cam if I want to.

"

Is that any help?

By *rnydMan
over a year ago

Somerset

Thanks RainMan, but I have already tried that...

over a year ago

Latest Flash has been dowloaded as have drivers.

im sure the new version of flashplayer has a bug in it,i think i recall admin saying something... try downloading a older version

over a year ago

can view but unable to transmit

our cam is technika

our browser is google

on windows 7

we tried loading old adode flash but in mentio_ed in another thread but nothing

over a year ago

sorry model of technika cam h16bd5

over a year ago

Im using a Vimicro USB (Altair) on both IE and Chrome latest flash player but its just not working. Works on tinychat etc so appears to be a problem on here

By *tud_Muffin99Man
over a year ago

Hitchin

I have a Trust Spotlight Webcam.

Works on Skype and other Chat sites but not on here.

Any thoughts as I hate to deprive everyone of my body. LOL

Flash is up to date on WIN7 64bit.

I just get a white screen instead of a picture.

By *aughtyNurse999Woman
over a year ago

Fabville !!!

I try my best not to "flash" in chat lol

Post new Message to Thread