Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Chat room feedback/discussion

couples only room please.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

May we have a chat room dedicated to couples please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We suggested this also, if couples want to chat to singles (male or female) then they can do so in other rooms and before someone says about singles posing as couples, well, that happens anyway, at least we can them out.

We do chat to singles of our choice and would be happy to use another room for that.

over a year ago

Yes please!

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Would both halves of the couple have to be on cam to prove they are a genuine couple or will just having a couples profile be enough to get in the room?

over a year ago

Why should couples have access to both rooms.? Why not just have separate rooms if you want to go down this route.

over a year ago

"Why should couples have access to both rooms.? Why not just have separate rooms if you want to go down this route."

What do you mean like clubs a couples and single fem room and a single men room

By *istalloverCouple
over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

PLEASE WERE UP FOR THAT

over a year ago

"Why should couples have access to both rooms.? Why not just have separate rooms if you want to go down this route.

What do you mean like clubs a couples and single fem room and a single men room "

No a couples room and a singles room this is chat not a club

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"PLEASE WERE UP FOR THAT

"

over a year ago

I (Mr Kitten) think it'd be good from our perspective. We only go on cam together to chat to other couples and as soon as we do we get bombarded with PMs (Mrs Kitten is very attractive) from single guys ("get your tits out" "suck his cock" etc) and it kind of spoils it for us because we don't want to be rude and appreciate everyone's got good intentions, yet it gets quite frustrating. A couples only room gives people like us that option, and couples who want to chat to singles still have that option too. There could be a singles only room too, and of course general chat for everyone. But we do appreciate we're newbies and who are we to demand a private area!

And also we've noticed a high volume of PMs from MFs that turn out to be a guy jerking off on his own... As well as some nice, friendly attractive couple too of course!

over a year ago

"We suggested this also, if couples want to chat to singles (male or female) then they can do so in other rooms and before someone says about singles posing as couples, well, that happens anyway, at least we can them out.

We do chat to singles of our choice and would be happy to use another room for that. "

dont mean to be awful but why should couples be allowed to have a couples only room and then when they decide come and chat in normal chat rooms, having ya cake and eating it comes to mind lol. its a swinging site all cples have to do is block single members and then they wont see their chat in room or get messages off them

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

I think there should be a button to use if you are home alone as a couple, connie xx

over a year ago

"We suggested this also, if couples want to chat to singles (male or female) then they can do so in other rooms and before someone says about singles posing as couples, well, that happens anyway, at least we can them out.

We do chat to singles of our choice and would be happy to use another room for that.

dont mean to be awful but why should couples be allowed to have a couples only room and then when they decide come and chat in normal chat rooms, having ya cake and eating it comes to mind lol. its a swinging site all cples have to do is block single members and then they wont see their chat in room or get messages off them

"

It's just another example of us couples thinking we own the concept of swinging. Tbh if there was a couples room for those who wanted it it might make the room with the singles and couples who prefer to mix fully a lot more fun. I would just say that once you enter the couples room you can't come running back to the other rooms cos you're bored. Once you're in, you're in. For LIFE.

over a year ago

It's not being greedy, some couples genuinely want to meet single guys or fems,so access to other rooms would be essential to them, the point is the ratio of sinngles to couples is rediculous on this site and as mentioned couples who do not wish to be pestered have no respite from the barrage of crude comments.we would be happy to see fair play and have a singles room also if that helps.

We are happy to chat to a fem or male from a couple if they are verified as a couple, we then out fakes, they will always be in the system somewhere.

over a year ago

Why not start a splinter group for couples who are all of course superior to those crude, pestering singles?

Notquitesofabswingers.com

This is a community for all. Not just to suit us couples.

The dynamic would be ruined by separating us out.

Hang on, can I have a room for Mancunian women exiled in the Midlands?

over a year ago

The chat rooms are already segregated by area and directing rooms etc so don't see any problem with a couples only room

over a year ago

They have couples only nights at clubs so why not. Seems fair.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

they have a couples only room on one of the other swingers sites, its impossible to keep the single men out of it so dont see the point.

maybe be better if you could open your own locked room with invites only (as seen on the other said swinging site)

over a year ago

"I (Mr Kitten) think it'd be good from our perspective. We only go on cam together to chat to other couples and as soon as we do we get bombarded with PMs (Mrs Kitten is very attractive) from single guys ("get your tits out" "suck his cock" etc) and it kind of spoils it for us because we don't want to be rude and appreciate everyone's got good intentions, yet it gets quite frustrating. A couples only room gives people like us that option, and couples who want to chat to singles still have that option too. There could be a singles only room too, and of course general chat for everyone. But we do appreciate we're newbies and who are we to demand a private area!

And also we've noticed a high volume of PMs from MFs that turn out to be a guy jerking off on his own... As well as some nice, friendly attractive couple too of course!"

You can turn pms off lol

over a year ago

Yeah but we are happy to get messages off couples, you can only filter as no messages, messages from friends only or messages from everyone... I guess we could turn it off and then if someone looked on our profile in order to mail us they'd see our preferences. That's probably the way to do it!

over a year ago

Can we have a Single fem room

A Bi room

A single male room

A blonde haired room

A ginger room

A TV room

A Big Tittie room

A Small tittie room

A BBW room

It will never end if you get a couples only room peeps will complain I want this cos them got that

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"Can we have a Single fem room

A Bi room

A single male room

A blonde haired room

A ginger room

A TV room

A Big Tittie room

A Small tittie room

A BBW room

It will never end if you get a couples only room peeps will complain I want this cos them got that "

I want a purple haired people room.

over a year ago

A Time wasters room too ?

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

now the way i remember it, the original definition of swingers is people who exchange spouses for sexual intercourse (until the phrase was hi-jacked) .... so strictly speaking singles can not themselves be swingers

over a year ago

I don't care if I'm labelled a swinger or not as long as having fun

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

We do chat to singles of our choice and would be happy to use another room for that. "

How would you out the singles posing as couples in a chat room? A couples only room would not work. You would just get some singles having 2 profiles. They would create a couples profile just to get on the couples only chat room.

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

that's the beauty of webcams

over a year ago

So, most of the couples want it and most of the singles don't want it. The couples who don't want it can go where they usually go.

Can the couples have couples only room please admin.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"So, most of the couples want it and most of the singles don't want it. The couples who don't want it can go where they usually go.

Can the couples have couples only room please admin. "

Considering there are 28 replies to this thread and most posters have posted more then once, and also considering around only 2% of site users know the forums exist, I think it's a bit much to state most couples want a couples only room.

Again, how would you police a couples only room. Would both have to be on cam the whole time?

Considering one of the biggest complaints I hear is that there are loads of single men posing as couples, you'll still end up talking to single blokes

over a year ago

Its not a bad suggestion by the OP and think its quite a good idea, whether it will happen or not is a different matter.

As for policing well thats up to the members in the room to report fake profiles etc, and if anything by fakes coming into the room its actually a good thing because it exposes them and they can be removed from the site or reported etc

over a year ago

Singles posing as couples can be policed by admin and, like us, when we verified ourselves admin asks for both sexes to be in the picture for you to be verified as a couple.Now that won't stop the fakes getting round that some way or other but as stated earlier, couples reporting fakes as they come across them(as we do) will help in eliminating them, The comments about blonde,ginger etc rooms can be answered by couples are all colours so that doesn't apply.Couples/singles is not discriminating in any way like that!

over a year ago

A Bi room

A single male room

A blonde haired room

A ginger room

A TV room

A Big Tittie room

A Small tittie room

A BBW room

It will never end if you get a couples only room peeps will complain I want this cos them got that

I want a purple haired people room. "

I want a Scots only room for me and sioux to plot in

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"I want a Scots only room for me and sioux to plot in "
Would it come with it's own interpreter??

over a year ago

A Bi room

A single male room

A blonde haired room

A ginger room

A TV room

A Big Tittie room

A Small tittie room

A BBW room

I want a purple haired people room.

I want a Scots only room for me and sioux to plot in "

ohh jock sounds good lets get a motion goin for it hehehehe or was that me just havin a crap lol

over a year ago

It's just another example of us couples thinking we own the concept of swinging. Tbh if there was a couples room for those who wanted it it might make the room with the singles and couples who prefer to mix fully a lot more fun. I would just say that once you enter the couples room you can't come running back to the other rooms cos you're bored. Once you're in, you're in. For LIFE."

Is now a fan of this couple

over a year ago

funny that the poster says most couples want a couples room, I thougt couples were mostly looking for single bi females so am confused lol

It's just another example of us couples thinking we own the concept of swinging. Tbh if there was a couples room for those who wanted it it might make the room with the singles and couples who prefer to mix fully a lot more fun. I would just say that once you enter the couples room you can't come running back to the other rooms cos you're bored. Once you're in, you're in. For LIFE.

Is now a fan of this couple "

over a year ago

We find it sad that people find it clever to turn a serious debate into a joke.

To have rooms for every single possibility is out of the question but if you look at the issue seriously, the site consists of single males, single fems and married couples, it matters not what their preference is, ie bi, tv gay, etc, it still comes down to the three categories, that is not hard to accommodate.

over a year ago

How would it work, i've been in the cam rooms and often seen a guy wanking away on a couples profile on his own, and they have a verified profile!!!

over a year ago

Im warning to the idea. Seems the couples who want it are the same ones who think swinging is their preserve and moan a lot. Imagine the space this would create in the mixed room! We're where the action is, they'll be comparing paint swatches for what colour they want their room to be, misty buff anyone?

On a serious note it's a slippery slope. Soon after you get bored with talk about scatter-cushions and how you shouldnt be allowed to swing if you're single or under 25 you'll want the single females allowed in as well as couples and then you'll want to charge men to get access to you (pests, pests)

over a year ago

Its a simple preference that couples would like ! There are many couples on here that only wish to play with other couples, that doesnt mean they think swinging is THEIR preserve and neither does it make them moaners.

People have preferences and as a sugggestion i dont see any problem with it. If some see it as elitism , seggregation etc then thats just narrow minded.

If its not for you then you can go in the other rooms and exercise your preferences there

over a year ago

"Its a simple preference that couples would like ! There are many couples on here that only wish to play with other couples, that doesnt mean they think swinging is THEIR preserve and neither does it make them moaners.

People have preferences and as a sugggestion i dont see any problem with it. If some see it as elitism , seggregation etc then thats just narrow minded.

If its not for you then you can go in the other rooms and exercise your preferences there "

Easy answer to this dilemma, go to a none directing room were demanding and beggin is not not allowed

over a year ago

"Its a simple preference that couples would like ! There are many couples on here that only wish to play with other couples, that doesnt mean they think swinging is THEIR preserve and neither does it make them moaners.

If its not for you then you can go in the other rooms and exercise your preferences there "

over a year ago

You can't just go to a regional room because you then have to de-select your pm preferences every time!The flippant comments by some individuals is annoying, what's wrong , can't you have a debate without throwing in stupid silly comments!!!

over a year ago

So is you only wish to hear from other couples use the tools we all have at hand (filters and blocking) rather than the whole feel of the forums being changed just to satisfy the few?

As for the tired old term 'narrow-minded' that gets bandied about every time someone doesn't agree with them personally, it strikes me as somewhat amusing when the reasons for wanting to do have a couples forum is to escape the pestering crude singles.

More tea anyone?

By *ont88Couple
over a year ago

pittsburgh

We are a couple looking to have fun with couples in the Pittsburgh area or swinger clubs around hit us up if anyone is interested

over a year ago

I don't have a problem with the idea,but feel there would just be a load of new couples profiles popping up and it would be very difficult to prove if they are fake or not.

over a year ago

All this about seperate rooms etc is bloody ridiculous thought folk were meant to be grown up block folk you do not like and get a grip jeeze.

over a year ago

Filters etc only work when your searching, not in the chat rooms. The OP has made a valid suggestion.

If couples on here only want to talk to other couples then thats their preference, why others feel the need to slate that i just dont know !!

If you dont like the idea or its not for you simply voice that and then leave the forum to the people that want to discuss it properly, not slate others opinions.

We are all entitled to our preferences.

over a year ago

"Filters etc only work when your searching, not in the chat rooms. The OP has made a valid suggestion.

If couples on here only want to talk to other couples then thats their preference, why others feel the need to slate that i just dont know !!

If you dont like the idea or its not for you simply voice that and then leave the forum to the people that want

It's in to discuss it properly, not slate others opinions.

We are all entitled to our preferences."

Herein lies the mentality, it's an open forum. It's not all about the OP saying something and everyone agreeing like a knodding dog.

That's not discussion, that's just consensus and im sure you've noticed there is not consensus.

Least you've proved my point that it will be a dull affair if that's what constitutes discussion.

I don't agree and im allowed to say so, this forum is here for me, you and everyone else.

My feeling (as the female of a couple with a view as valid as yours, or a single blokes for that matter) is that it is not in the spirit of the site to have a couples room.

In clubs we pay to go to certain events with access to the types of people we like with varying rates for men, women and couples. This is not a club, it's a free resource.

over a year ago

At no point have I said people can't discuss and have their opinions ! I just don't agree with openly slating others views.

You have made your view clear on what you think of having a couples room , yet you feel the need to berate others opinions and assume their mentality.

Will leave this thread be now.

over a year ago

"At no point have I said people can't discuss and have their opinions ! I just don't agree with openly slating others views.

You have made your view clear on what you think of having a couples room , yet you feel the need to berate others opinions and assume their mentality.

Will leave this thread be now."

If you dont like the idea or its not for you simply voice that and then leave the forum to the people that want to discuss it properly, not slate others opinions.

Your words.

By *ercymeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

If couples wanted to come single room they can but not single guy can't go couples chat room,don't think good idea

over a year ago

If the singles behaved themselves on this site (excluding the nice single polite guys on here) then we couples wouldn't have to ask for a couples room!!!!

over a year ago

Have to say I don't think it's workable, what if only one of the couples profile was on? Is he/she a fake? Or is it just the partner is at work or making tea or walking the dog ? Would try be banned from the forums or maybe branded a fake ? You can use the tools provided and either block or set your pms for anyone your not actually interested in ,

over a year ago

"If the singles behaved themselves on this site (excluding the nice single polite guys on here) then we couples wouldn't have to ask for a couples room!!!!

"

I have to say some of the rudest people we've come across on here are couples not singles

over a year ago

We like the sound of a couples only room on chat. There is no way of filtering pm's out for single males/ females so if you only want to chat to couples you have to go through and blck everyone in that room that is a single which isn't any solution as you have a limit on the amount of people you can have on your block list.

By *pplecrunchWoman
over a year ago

Yeovil

If it wasn't for us single people, how would couples fulfil their fantasies of MMF or FFM and so on. We are part of the swinging screen we are here for fun and chat as well

over a year ago

"If the singles behaved themselves on this site (excluding the nice single polite guys on here) then we couples wouldn't have to ask for a couples room!!!!

I have to say some of the rudest people we've come across on here are couples not singles "

This. Thank you!

over a year ago

We were not being rude in our comments but factual, which some people on here seem to have a problem with.

We do chat to some of the polite single males (and single females!) and have no problem with them, in fact, they quite often comment on the crass remarks that some of the singles make and apologise for them!!!

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I also would like to know how it would be policed?

Hubby and I don't tend to come in to chat together. Most times he is watching telly/on the xbox and I come in to chat.

Add to that, he has his own couples profile for when he does venture in.

It doesn't make us any less a couple. We don't normally play in chat so see no need for us to be on cam together.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I have a few thoughts on this (do I have permission to comment? How dare I.. single male that I am, lol):

TattooedHB and I do meet couples (or rather, couples to meet us both) along as everyone gets along: they email either/both of us. We may or may not be in chat together, sometimes we are both on and may or may not be in the same room... are we allowed in this "couples only" room if a couple or two that wants to chat to us are already in there and don't feel like coming out?

Which makes me think: do people mean "couples irrespective of profile type" (example, TattooedHB and myself) or "couples profile only" (which may or may not be "just a single guy on cam with wife constantly working late"?

If the above room is a "no" to "male half on cam only as female at work late", will the same go for "female half on cam, with male half working late"?

Which then brings me to: Will single females be permitted in?

Someone alluded couples being able to go to couples only nights at clubs and therefore they should be able to go to a couples only chat room. Only problem with this is the difference in entry prices in most clubs for couples, single fems and single guys: will this site hence move to differentiate in supporter fees between couples, single fems and single guys? Will this eventually lead to full membership and thus different rates for couples, guys and girls (just like another well known swing site)?

And going back to an earlier point, if people choose to report a "couples profile" that so far only the male half has been seen on cam,.. will the same idea (ie, reporting) extend to the reverse, ie only the female is on cam, no one actually ever having seen the male?

Will this then not lead to other features on the site (ie, from chat to forums,.. and eventually profile pics) where only pictures of the male exist and none of the female (usually reported), will it be possible also then to report profiles where its just pics of the female and none of the male (heaven forbid, there really is no male and its just a single female pretending so she can get in the couples only chat room)?

I know some of this sounds ridiculous, but I feel the various permutations should be considered before hastily jumping in.

over a year ago

Couples only room would be brilliant...bring it on ASAP please! x

over a year ago

Defiantly a good idea

over a year ago

You make some very good points in there Ahab.Most of the questions have been answered in the forum but let's face it, you will always get frauds, whether it be single males, single fems or couples, there are just as many complaints from singles about other singles being frauds and messing them around!

We, as a couple accept that, couples like singles will just have to out the crass and that will never change, couples need to show both in the picture to be verified by Fab admin, that's the best that can be done, after that, it's everyone's responsibility to try and eliminate them by reporting etc

With regard to charging for various categories of membership, that could happen anyway, a couples only room isn't going to accellerate that option.

mm and ff are couples, so as long as they are verified by admin as a couple why should mf couples object, after all, the law doesn't!

By *rs dinglesCouple
over a year ago

lybster

We asked this back last year for a couples room but it never come about there are far too many single guys posing as couple it would be nice too chat genuine couples as we been getting too many arranging meets and not even bothering turn up .

there loads not on cam as well it be nice too see the people you chatting too .

By *rs dinglesCouple
over a year ago

lybster

on other sites iff it a single guy wanking on a couples profile the site automatically change there status too single guy on cam ,which we thought was a good idea

all we asking for is a room where you get respect from others on here not giving abuse out which often happens anyway

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/03/14 14:23:24]

over a year ago

"on other sites iff it a single guy wanking on a couples profile the site automatically change there status too single guy on cam ,which we thought was a good idea

all we asking for is a room where you get respect from others on here not giving abuse out which often happens anyway

"

Just because he wanking on cam and on a cpls profile doesnt mean he a single male thank god fab doesnt do that

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"on other sites iff it a single guy wanking on a couples profile the site automatically change there status too single guy on cam ,which we thought was a good idea

"

There would be a lot of single guys complaining to admin if this was what happened on this site.

As I said previously, we both have our own couples log in. We go in to chat at the same time on different computers. Sometimes we aren't even in the same house/country. We very rarely go into chat together on the same profile but it doesn't make us any less of a couple.

over a year ago

But Lil, you are verified, you don't need to prove anything, it's the one's who come on who are fakes that couples have trouble with.Quite a few couples have different accounts but they can go in to a couple room on their couple profile.

over a year ago

Who is goin to modorate such rooms as we have loads of single male n female mods

By *rs dinglesCouple
over a year ago

lybster

think we old enough too moderate the room ourselves

over a year ago

"Who is goin to modorate such rooms as we have loads of single male n female mods"
me x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/03/14 19:59:50]

over a year ago

"think we old enough too moderate the room ourselves

"

Well a single woman presumably wouldn't be allowed access anyway as she's not a couple.

over a year ago

By *erendipity99Woman
over a year ago

Runcorn

"May we have a chat room dedicated to couples please? "

How would you prove everybody in the room is a genuine couple? You could do it by webcam I suppose but not everybody has a web cam.

What happens if say the man has gone out and the woman is home alone. Would she be allowed in the room? After all she would not be able to prove she was a couple as her husband was out.

Would it be that only verified couples get allowed in the chat?

As you can see a couples only room would not work. You would also get loads of singles pretending to be a couple.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"May we have a chat room dedicated to couples please?

How would you prove everybody in the room is a genuine couple? You could do it by webcam I suppose but not everybody has a web cam.

What happens if say the man has gone out and the woman is home alone. Would she be allowed in the room? After all she would not be able to prove she was a couple as her husband was out.

Would it be that only verified couples get allowed in the chat?

As you can see a couples only room would not work. You would also get loads of singles pretending to be a couple. "

I've already asked that, still waiting for a response.

over a year ago

If you had read further back in the column you would have seen the answer to that. But to repeat, if a couple are verified as a couple they have a couple title and either one could go in a couple room seperately, it doesn't matter that they are on their own.The couples are verified either by admin (picture supplied of f&m together) or by other couples, nothing changes there!

The subject of frauds has been mentioned many times and the answer is the same, admin and couples need to police it and report offenders, but realistically, you will never stop all of them, the same as any room.

The point made earlier about moderators, they can go in any room they choose, they have privilidged access.

over a year ago

"We were not being rude in our comments but factual, which some people on here seem to have a problem with.

We do chat to some of the polite single males (and single females!) and have no problem with them, in fact, they quite often comment on the crass remarks that some of the singles make and apologise for them!!!"

Yes but conversely, a lot (certainly not all) of couples do post snotty snidey looking-down-their-superior-noses comments about EVERY single male here. Dunno why people can't just accept others!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/03/14 18:19:36]

over a year ago

"If you had read further back in the column you would have seen the answer to that. But to repeat, if a couple are verified as a couple they have a couple title and either one could go in a couple room seperately, it doesn't matter that they are on their own.The couples are verified either by admin (picture supplied of f&m together) or by other couples, nothing changes there!

The subject of frauds has been mentioned many times and the answer is the same, admin and couples need to police it and report offenders, but realistically, you will never stop all of them, the same as any room.

The point made earlier about moderators, they can go in any room they choose, they have privilidged access."

we can all go from room to room and i dont think it should be changed. I dont want to pay my membership and be blocked from going into a room a lot of my mates are cples

over a year ago

Umm what if the couples room only had couples in it? So for example if I (male) was on cam alone, which I don't do as we go on together (as a couple), then although the profile says couple I could not go in. If I did try my luck I would be be reported by the actual couples. (After a certain time to allow for someone leaving the room briefly for snacks etc.) So basically a couples room that couples go in together. Not the male or female of the couple on their own.

Anyone can set up a couples profile, not everyone can have an actual couple on cam. This room would be for those who were actually together at that time. Like a couple. In a room. With other couples.

over a year ago

The same questions come up that have been answered in this forum listing, we wish people would read back and see what has been discussed.

Think the time has come to bow out of this discussion. xxx

over a year ago

How about a room for singles only then?

By *habsMan
over a year ago

"How about a room for singles only then? "

That's easy - couples (usually the males) would create single male profiles to go in.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

"think we old enough too moderate the room ourselves

Well a single woman presumably wouldn't be allowed access anyway as she's not a couple."

As a guy, my only bug-bear would be if single females were allowed in without being reported: we all know single females are always welcome no matter what and its extremely rare (if possible) for a female to be turned away form a "couples only" setting.

over a year ago

"How about a room for singles only then?

That's easy - couples (usually the males) would create single male profiles to go in."

I'm not a male or a couple

By *et a roomCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Since the big issue seems to be annoying singles PMing couples that only want to chat to other couples - rather than create a new room - why not just adjust the filters for PMs to add 'couples only' to the existing 'none', 'friends only' or 'everyone' ?

Or is that too radical a suggestion?

Would keep everyone happy and if couples on cam don't want to be viewed by singles - just block them when the little 'eye' icon appears!

A

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

My issue with a couples room is that a couple looking for singles and other couples would be able to go in any room they choose. As a single female looking for couples I wouldn't be able to go into a couples room, I'd have to hope that any couples would be in general rooms.

It's segregating people. I remember when I first started swinging, it was very inclusive, people would talk to anyone regardless of whether they wanted to meet them or not. With the calls for couples/TV/singles/red head only rooms and socials, we are seriously loosing sight of that.

over a year ago

It's strange that the very people who have "issues" with a couples only room are exactly the people who would not be entering it.

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Since the big issue seems to be annoying singles PMing couples that only want to chat to other couples - rather than create a new room - why not just adjust the filters for PMs to add 'couples only' to the existing 'none', 'friends only' or 'everyone' ?

Or is that too radical a suggestion?"

This seems perfectly reasonable, although I'd suggest that the setting was actually "Match my filters", otherwise, you'd need "Single F", "Single M", MM, FF, etc.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Since the big issue seems to be annoying singles PMing couples that only want to chat to other couples - rather than create a new room - why not just adjust the filters for PMs to add 'couples only' to the existing 'none', 'friends only' or 'everyone' ?

Or is that too radical a suggestion?This seems perfectly reasonable, although I'd suggest that the setting was actually "Match my filters", otherwise, you'd need "Single F", "Single M", MM, FF, etc."

Good point!

If the option to send PM worked in the same way as message filters - bingo! No PMs from anyone you don't want - and no need for additional rooms.

A couples only room would result in requests for a bi room, a tv/ts room - and potentially many others.

Filters would be an easier method.

(Plus the single fems many couples seek wouldn't be excluded! )

A

over a year ago

We'd go on chat more if there was a couples only room.

The reason we don't is because we don't want local singles to recognise us

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"I don't care if I'm labelled a swinger or not as long as having fun "

over a year ago

"We like the sound of a couples only room on chat. There is no way of filtering pm's out for single males/ females so if you only want to chat to couples you have to go through and blck everyone in that room that is a single which isn't any solution as you have a limit on the amount of people you can have on your block list. "

Surely it's easier to ignore those don't want to talk to and just talk to those that you do. Why the need for separate rooms when everyone has the ability to choose who they wish or don't wish to ignore

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"It's strange that the very people who have "issues" with a couples only room are exactly the people who would not be entering it. "

Because we have an issue with segregation, what's so strange about that?

over a year ago

"It's strange that the very people who have "issues" with a couples only room are exactly the people who would not be entering it.

Because we have an issue with segregation, what's so strange about that?

"

What does it matter if the people that don't want to chat with you are segregated.

I can't see why we can't have a singles and couples only rooms then people have the choice to use them or go in the rooms that are free for everyone. Fab should be about giving people choices and with them choices there is always going to be people left out but Aslong as there is a place where everyone can join in then I really don't see what the problem would be.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

But most of the couples that have posted wanting a couples only room are looking for single females.

Why should they be able to room hop according to what they are looking for that weekend, when I can't?

over a year ago

It really is as simple as this. If a room is created for couples only, (which most couples are asking for) you can choose to enter it or not.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It really is as simple as this. If a room is created for couples only, (which most couples are asking for) you can choose to enter it or not. "

But it's not simple.

What if every other couple in the room with you was the wrong size of the country.

The wrong age for your preferences.

The wrong body size for your tastes.

The wrong sexuality.

Would that be useful to you?

Where does the segregation end?

An age specific room?

Regional couples only rooms?

Surely it's far simpler to request from admin a change to PM filters - that way - only couples in your desired age bracket can get in touch and if you're in a regional room you could be confident they're relatively local?

A

By *ajandroseMan
over a year ago

tamworth

over a year ago

will it be supported. Chameleons in Newport were nagged by the couples to have a couples only night on a Saturday. So they stopped the single men going and then they didnt support it so now its only open for swingers one night a week. I reckon our rooms are brilliant as they are. if it aint broke dont fix it lolol

By *ayandess1Couple
over a year ago

bridgwater

"It's not being greedy, some couples genuinely want to meet single guys or fems,so access to other rooms would be essential to them, the point is the ratio of sinngles to couples is rediculous on this site and as mentioned couples who do not wish to be pestered have no respite from the barrage of crude comments.we would be happy to see fair play and have a singles room also if that helps.

We are happy to chat to a fem or male from a couple if they are verified as a couple, we then out fakes, they will always be in the system somewhere. "

this

By *habsMan
over a year ago

"It's strange that the very people who have "issues" with a couples only room are exactly the people who would not be entering it. "

Its funny you say that - there's another thread somewhere asking for an interracial room. As true to form, the very people against it were pretty much the ones in the "skin colour should not matter" camp

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Actually, to quote a poster on the "interracial room" thread:

"Anything that labels people and causes division is a step backwards! and if admin did reply or act on your suggestion, it would be a huge step backwards."

So my question: will this not be seen also as division and therefore also a backwards step? And yes, I know I am playing devils advocate

By *rnortholtMan
over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

This sounds like the ideal room for those who would be.better off doing online wargaming.

Couples will be able to spend their time developing strategies to out the fakes who have spent their time getting in under the wire and then firing off fake reports to admin. It'll be more battleground then restroom.

I pity those running the site however, given theories it will generate.

Let me draw a single man's comparison. My location means I often use the London and South East rooms. An attractive woman on cam or cple playing can draw in people front across the country making it harder to chat to potential meets within reach.

It's a nuisance. But it's the way things are and for example putting a post code restriction on the room would then mean it would be harder to pop into a local room when travelling elsewhere and looking to maybe

arrange a meet.

I fear cples disappointed if this new room doesn't work the way they hope, would inevitably have to look then at a financial filter to rid themselves of the fakes, timewasters etc and what is a good if not perfect site would be gone forever.

By *utchess of BJWoman
over a year ago

Northwest

"now the way i remember it, the original definition of swingers is people who exchange spouses for sexual intercourse (until the phrase was hi-jacked) .... so strictly speaking singles can not themselves be swingers "

The Oxford English Dictionary, defines swinging, thus, Sexually Liberated.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/04/14 12:23:42]

By *habsMan
over a year ago

"now the way i remember it, the original definition of swingers is people who exchange spouses for sexual intercourse (until the phrase was hi-jacked) .... so strictly speaking singles can not themselves be swingers

The Oxford English Dictionary, defines swinging, thus, Sexually Liberated."

This

Lol, I love it when people try to define swinging as "partner swapping" thereby eliminating all singles, when in reality majority of the same people are happy to meet a single female

over a year ago

Yes there is a differance between swinging and partner swapping that has been blurred over time. It may be that at many swinging gatherings so many partners get swapped but we believe swinging is a truely open and liberated lifestyle where no one is excluded.

Happy swinging guys and girls, yeahh baby x

By *habsMan
over a year ago

"Yes there is a differance between swinging and partner swapping that has been blurred over time. It may be that at many swinging gatherings so many partners get swapped but we believe swinging is a truely open and liberated lifestyle where no one is excluded.

Happy swinging guys and girls, yeahh baby x"

While I completely agree on inclusitivity and no one beign excluded, I however at the same time also believe in preference - everyone has 'em and not everyone will fancy everyone else.

My main bug bear is simple:

"No single males" - simply 'cause you don't fancy them? Fine.

"No single males" - because the belief is they are what's wrong with swinging today? (Wrong)

My main example goes back to (another swing site) that holds it socials at a members-only venue on couples night, thereby making it as difficult as possible for single males to attend.. in principle.

over a year ago

Instead of having a couples only room, why don't you ask admin to allow more filters to be used for pm in chat? So, for example, being able to set filters to get pm's from couples only?

over a year ago

"Yes there is a differance between swinging and partner swapping that has been blurred over time. It may be that at many swinging gatherings so many partners get swapped but we believe swinging is a truely open and liberated lifestyle where no one is excluded.

While I completely agree on inclusitivity and no one beign excluded, I however at the same time also believe in preference - everyone has 'em and not everyone will fancy everyone else.

"No single males" - because the belief is they are what's wrong with swinging today? (Wrong)

My main example goes back to (another swing site) that holds it socials at a members-only venue on couples night, thereby making it as difficult as possible for single males to attend.. in principle."

But would a single guy want to attend such an event? I know I wouldn't! x

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Why would I want to go where I am clearly NOT wanted.

Single guys cant be social can we, we all jump on every woman we see at a social or club or get pushy in chat !

(removes tongue from cheek).

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

For each couple profile - would both partners have to be present in the room?

Is this restricted to MF couples - or could MM/FF couples attend too?

By *xxjamCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

By *habsMan
over a year ago

My main example goes back to (another swing site) that holds it socials at a members-only venue on couples night, thereby making it as difficult as possible for single males to attend.. in principle.

But would a single guy want to attend such an event? I know I wouldn't! x"

Well, the way the site operated there was a very active and present "community persona" where anyone (couple or single) without a verification got "hounded" till they could prove they were not fake. And no one would meet said person till they got a verification.. this ofcourse was harder for single guys, as the easiest way, you'd think, to be verified would be by attending a social (as the site organised and managed the socials).

So, for any (unverified) couple (or single female) they were more than welcome (especially if they were the proverbial "in-demand" person/people), but for guys, who paid more for the privilege, you were left out int he cold to find your way. Those were tough times.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/05/14 08:53:07]

over a year ago

May we have a chat room dedicated to couples please

If this is granted does that mean that us singles cannot ever chat in chat room again to our friends who are couples because in fairness if singles were not allowed to frequent a COUPLES ROOM the same could be said for all the other rooms SO COUPLES would not be allowed to enter. Doesnt make sense does it???

By *habsMan
over a year ago

"May we have a chat room dedicated to couples please

If this is granted does that mean that us singles cannot ever chat in chat room again to our friends who are couples because in fairness if singles were not allowed to frequent a COUPLES ROOM the same could be said for all the other rooms SO COUPLES would not be allowed to enter. Doesnt make sense does it???"

Here's the interesting thing:

1) Some people make the point "its what people want" ie "preference".

2) Some people make the point "singles (ie single men) can't be trusted

To those I say:

Considering the notable opposition there was on the "interracial room" thread,

I thought swinging was about inclusion, rather than exclusion?

Yes, that's me "playing devil's advocate".

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/05/14 11:28:28]

over a year ago

What a great idea.

Post new Message to Thread