
Join us FREE, we're FREE to use
Web's largest swingers site since 2006.
Already registered?
Login here
| Back to forum list |
| Back to Camping |
| Jump to newest |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Can we come please" absolutely guys just pm us for more info x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"We're booked in, bringing our smaller tent, very excited and a little nervous as we've been to a couple of clubs but never tried this sort of thing so be gentle with us lol x" you are in good hands ..look forward to meeting you both x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Rude Camping are preparing for the FINAL camping event of 2026. But we do have an executive Manor House booked for November 6th x 3 nights SEE FORUM UNDER PARTY'S. THE WILD WEST ARRIVES IN SETTLE, North Yorkshire Friday 4th to the 6th Sept. 2 nights under the stars in the countryside enjoying the fresh air exclusively with likeminded swingers. Arrive after 3pm the 4th Sept and relax and let the fun begin. Max of 40 pitches for tents, vans or homes. Exclusive venue. The Site are aware of our lifestyle. Amazing facilities i.e underfloor heated shower and toilets. Communal kitchen for them that have no fridge or cooking facilities. And a undercover social area for us to congregate in for the fun and games. This is a no expectation fun weekend with a Wild West Cowboy/girls theme. All welcome SINGLE GUYS, GIRLS AND COUPLES. (we do try balance these numbers) PITCH FEE APPLY JOINING US? Plus if you are interested or a guest add to this forum. Blu and the Crew x " Spaces are filling ..over 20 pitches filled ..DONT MISS OUT | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"We're booked in and counting down the days! 😍🍻 My partner and I can't wait to meet everyone and enjoy a weekend of fun, laughter, and a little mischief. 😉 Now, don't laugh... we won't be arriving in a motorhome... we'll be rocking up in our horse lorry with living! 😂🐴🚛 It might not be the usual camping setup, but it'll certainly stand out! Looking forward to making some great memories, plenty of laughs, and seeing what fun the weekend has in store. See you all soon! 😘🔥" Bring the horse and be the best fancy dress cowgirl, no one will beat that | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Haha brilliant idea although shan't bring him as he would be.the best the ride rhe ladiesnwoukd have there lol ..... looking.forward to meeting you guys Haha, great answer. Look forward to meeting | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"First time on Rude camping. Its going to be a lot of fun from what we have been told at the York social, can't wait guys" oh we like taking cherries from newbies mmmmmm the rodeo is swelling!! | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Could I also attend single guy with a camper van " no pics ...you are fairly new without much club or party experience ie lack of veris so im afraid not unless a recommendation off a guest sorry. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"I totally understand this the time and effort you guys put into running these events I am planning the club maybe tonight or wed x " we really appreciate your understanding | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"First time on Rude camping. Its going to be a lot of fun from what we have been told at the York social, can't wait guysoh we like taking cherries from newbies mmmmmm the rodeo is swelling!! " Now that sounds like a challenge to accept 🥳 | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Yeeeehaaa can I come please? X" what you joining us in ..tent? Camper ?? And are you genuine?? | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Can we ask please how do we go about getting an electric hook up for our tent ?" There is EHU points, its on a meter, you pay before you leave the site | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Can we ask please how do we go about getting an electric hook up for our tent ? There is EHU points, its on a meter, you pay before you leave the site " not everyone will get electric but tents will take president. Please bring spliters and extentions and we shall do our best to accomadate as many as possible. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"4 weeks to go guests! EXCITED?? ...how are the outfits coming along? The full weekend its Cowboy/girls just so we get our wear out of them ...its a hats, horses and horny weekend ahead. " Our cowboy/cowgirl outfits have arrived, just waiting for the horses | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"4 weeks to go guests! EXCITED?? ...how are the outfits coming along? The full weekend its Cowboy/girls just so we get our wear out of them ...its a hats, horses and horny weekend ahead. " We've got our cowboy 🤠 and cowgirl outfits, bring on the rodeo, YEE HAW 🐎 🐴 🎠 🏇 | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hiya K, I've put link to your weekend on our profile, not sure how many tickets left, " appreciated x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hiya K, I've put link to your weekend on our profile, not sure how many tickets left, appreciated x " appreciated ..still spaces too x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Sadly I can't make this one as it falls between two other weekends away, and I need to spend some time at home. Stratford was a great weekend away so I will hopefully party with you all again next year. Have a great weekend!" Oh no, sorry to hear you can't make it, we'll have a great time for you lol, see you soon, take care mate x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hiya K Are we to bring wood 🪵 for the fire 🔥 pit as we did last year x" ..first I will need to check that fires pits are ok with all the dry conditions of late x but I will be sending out a final message updating what is happening or not as the case maybe x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hiya K Are we to bring wood 🪵 for the fire 🔥 pit as we did last year x ..first I will need to check that fires pits are ok with all the dry conditions of late x but I will be sending out a final message updating what is happening or not as the case maybe x " Great See you all soon x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! " Great we can bring a box of split logs along | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! Great we can bring a box of split logs along" thanks guys ..we would struggle carrying enough alone so if we split it between us we will have enough. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"We were hoping to attend, after having a great pirate weekend, but starting a new job, and PDI in september, (message us if you are there between sept 17th and oct 8th!), means I cant take any time off! Hope you all enjoy!" ah sometimes LIFE gets in the way...we wish you well in your new job and we will miss you. There are always other events evenings/days/weekends we organise between us. Next see Normatone great day event in Boston lincs 20th Sept NOT TO BE MISSED x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! " We'll bring some wood, 🪵 and fire lighers, see you all soon xx | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! We'll bring some wood, 🪵 and fire lighers, see you all soon xx" oh yes cant forget firelighters x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"So how many are coming so far , over 50 on the list | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! We'll bring some wood, 🪵 and fire lighers, see you all soon xxoh yes cant forget firelighters x " The government are urging people not to light open fires so maybe this isn't such a good idea,especially after seeing what is happening in the midlands. Also from today they have banned the sale of disposable bbq's | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"It will be fun no matter what with fun ,laughter and good people oh and a bit of naughtiness Definitely is going to be a brilliant weekend, looking forward to it, hoping the weather is as good as the last few weeks, don't forget your factor 50 guys, see you all soon 21 day's and counting x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! We'll bring some wood, 🪵 and fire lighers, see you all soon xxoh yes cant forget firelighters x The government are urging people not to light open fires so maybe this isn't such a good idea,especially after seeing what is happening in the midlands. Also from today they have banned the sale of disposable bbq's" Fire pit or not, it's gonna be a brilliant weekend, if it gets cold I'm sure we can think of something to keep us warm 😜xx | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
" there's another heat wave on the way, hopefully its coming to settle for _ude camping weekend, don't forget your factor 50 guys, oh and after sun lol, we're a glass half full couple " Yee haa | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hey Y'all. We'll be joining you for the weekend. Our first Rude Camping trip. Will be great to meet you all 🤠" Thank you for joining us on your maiden camping event ..we are certain youll all be a good addition ..now to get the cowboy outfits sorted for the full weekend x address info and more info nearer the date. X | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hey Y'all. We'll be joining you for the weekend. Our first Rude Camping trip. Will be great to meet you all 🤠Thank you for joining us on your maiden camping event ..we are certain youll all be a good addition ..now to get the cowboy outfits sorted for the full weekend x address info and more info nearer the date. X " The search for suitable outfits has already begun 🤠 We're looking forward to it. X | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hey, just wondering if there are any pitches still available? Thanks " pm you information guys x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"3pm hopefully " We have to stop meeting like this, people will start to talk 🤣🤣 | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hey Ms Blu, could you possibly squeeze in a cheeky kitty xx meow " For sure youd be a great addition to the weekend and a very sexy cowgirl!! Yeehaw!! Now lets get this party started!@ x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"We were hoping to attend, after having a great pirate weekend, but starting a new job, and PDI in september, (message us if you are there between sept 17th and oct 8th!), means I cant take any time off! Hope you all enjoy!" We are particularly gutted 😭 | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Can’t believe I’m letting the team down by being away. Slightly more genuine than a scratched finger 🤣 Hope you have an amazing weekend in Setfle and I look forward to seeing the photos xx" awww no ..we will miss you ..but have an amazing time where ever you are x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted we haven’t booked in time We have booked on woohoo. See you all soon | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted we haven’t booked in time Don't forget the horses and lasso | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"First time so please be gentle. Looking forward to meeting you all youre profile is hidden ??? | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"How will we recognise you as you have a hidden profile?? " I can send you a face pic if you like | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"How much fire wood is required I can grab some also " just a net is good ie aldi or asda sort of thing please | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"I'm planning on a wild swim at a beautiful waterfall nearby called Cattrig Force if anyone wants to join me x don't forget swim shoes" be lovely to meet you Jessica ..and that swim sounds inviting ..so if anyone needs swim shoes I HAVE SOME X see you friday x | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Hi Everyone, I'm coming along with my friend as a very last minute thing. Picking a tent up later and some cowgirl kit winging its way as we speak x Can't wait to meet you all soon and have some thoroughly filthy fun xx feel free to DM me " Hi everyone. I'm the friend. Can't wait to meet you all. I've heard great things | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"We have left and en-route to Settle. Current ETA 17.20 Looking forward to meeting everyone xx" We have arrived | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. " I don't think that's very fair of you to put that without having a proper conversation with them. They do a great job and, as I am sure you are aware, it's hard trying to please everybody. They must maintain the safety and wellbeing of all guests. If you met great people then surely you had somewhat of a good time? | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. " sorry you felt that way but we thought they all did a amazing job trying to please everyone don't know if you spoke to any of the organisers or not but if you did they would go out of there way to solve a problem | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. I don't think that's very fair of you to put that without having a proper conversation with them. They do a great job and, as I am sure you are aware, it's hard trying to please everybody. They must maintain the safety and wellbeing of all guests. If you met great people then surely you had somewhat of a good time? " I don't think you can really comment till you know what happened. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. sorry you felt that way but we thought they all did a amazing job trying to please everyone don't know if you spoke to any of the organisers or not but if you did they would go out of there way to solve a problem " I made one arrangement with an organiser then had another come up to me, tell me I was lying and kick me off site. When I tried to get my partner to let her know we were leaving I was physically shoved. I had to get another camper to let her know we were instantly evicted (10pm with a 6 hour drive home). My partner came back to say we weren't evicted and the organiser was just very d*unk. Which it turned out she was trollied. Maybe you find it sexy to be shouted at like a stupid child but I have my own swingers venue and wouldn't dream of treating a person like that. Like I said the people were great. The organisers were awful. Also setting us up on a 7 mile hike while they caught a uber was pretty low. I didn't want to even go on that hike but was co-orced because I had a car. I was one of 4 people to walk that entire hike. Sorry that was bullshit. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. sorry you felt that way but we thought they all did a amazing job trying to please everyone don't know if you spoke to any of the organisers or not but if you did they would go out of there way to solve a problem " The organisers caused the problem. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Great to hear that the fire pit is ok for our weekend so could we each bring a net of firewood or spare wood to help keep us warm whilst chatting through friday and Sat nights around the pit. Only 26 days now !! " Perhaps you have stated that you can have a fire pit. But just you. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. sorry you felt that way but we thought they all did a amazing job trying to please everyone don't know if you spoke to any of the organisers or not but if you did they would go out of there way to solve a problem The organisers caused the problem. " I'm going to request that you speak to blu privately. I understand that you are a little bit annoyed, but you are not being respectful to the rest of us who were in attendance. I for one, will state that there were more than 4 people who completed the walk, just so happens we took a different route. We also took it in good humour because we chose to enjoy it. If you are unhappy, take it directly to _ude camping. This is not trip advisor. Nobody was coerced into the walk as there were plenty of people who stayed behind, who also had vehicles. The rest of us genuinely are sorry you did not enjoy your time with us, however you either choose to make the most of it or not. The misunderstanding in regards to the firepit should have been clarified before using your own. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Never doing Rude Camping again. Can't remember having such a terrible weekend. People were great the organisers were atrocious. sorry you felt that way but we thought they all did a amazing job trying to please everyone don't know if you spoke to any of the organisers or not but if you did they would go out of there way to solve a problem The organisers caused the problem. I'm going to request that you speak to blu privately. I understand that you are a little bit annoyed, but you are not being respectful to the rest of us who were in attendance. I for one, will state that there were more than 4 people who completed the walk, just so happens we took a different route. We also took it in good humour because we chose to enjoy it. If you are unhappy, take it directly to _ude camping. This is not trip advisor. Nobody was coerced into the walk as there were plenty of people who stayed behind, who also had vehicles. The rest of us genuinely are sorry you did not enjoy your time with us, however you either choose to make the most of it or not. The misunderstanding in regards to the firepit should have been clarified before using your own. " To be clear, this is a public forum and this is not a complaint to the organisers it is a warning to people in future like myself who envisage something completely different when they sign up for something like this. Let's clear up a few points. I am not going to name names, however, we had packed food for being prepared on a bbq. In fact my reason for attending this event is that I do not have the opportunity to bbq at home. Had I been told that a 3ft high raging log fire pit fire was allowed but a small covered coal briquette fire was a hazard I wouldn't have attended. Apart from a well organised and delicious breakfast we did not eat the entire weekend. The bbq sausage that I took an hour off work to buy in Oxford is now in the bin. I did have one conversation with one of what I thought was an organiser (as we were never properly introduced) was that it was fine. I was even introduced to her partner and I described in detail how I was planning to bbq our food. I did have a conversation about this with one of the organisers who said she didn't want bbq near the tents and for this reason I set up the bbq away from the tents next to the road. There was no wind, the ground was damp from the previous days rain. The grass was green an I put down a oversize fireblanket. My firepit is small and comes with a cover to prevent embers flying off. My objection is the way this was handled. I could have been approached politely and professionally and asked to put the fire out. I was however screamed at. Spoken to in a very unprofessional and disrespectful manner. When I tried to explain the actions I had taken I was repeatedly told "No you didn't" which is ridiculous. I was then ordered to put the fire out which I was expected to do instantaneously like blowing out a candle. When I asked what I was expected to do I was ordered to fetch water. I emptied out my cooker box and followed orders. When I returned the organisers had used my poker to scrape the burning elements from their safe and harmless position in the firepit onto the fire blanket, thus creating the same dangerous situation she claimed she was trying to prevent. Despite having complied with all orders I was then ordered off the premises immediately. Obviously with a tent full of belongings this was not possible I could not just drive into my car and drive off. This was followed my more screaming and some shoving. I then tried to to inform my partner who was in the kitchen, that we were evicted but was confronted by the same aggressive woman who continued to shove me and order me to leave. The person I had spoken to earlier was there and we then continued to discuss the conversation which I had dogmatically been told hadn't happened. I was then forced to ask another camper to go in to inform my partner that we had been evicted. All this was totally overboard and very poorly handled. Sorry if the friends of the organisers think it's OK to bully newcomers. Regarding the hike. There were 3 groups of people. The organiser of the group who knew the short route which did not follow the map handed out. A second group who at the half way stage gave up and took an uber, and a third group comprising 4 men and a severely dehydrated dog. When we completed the hike which took us roughly 3.5 hours (at 3 miles an hour gets us to roughly 7 miles) everyone else had left bar the lady from my group which left 5 large people and a dog to fit onto a 2 door C30. As for being given an option to use our car I declined, explaining that half our belongings were still in the car. I wasn't given a choice in the matter. I didn't even want to go for the walk but was now forced to because my car had been commandeered by someone who just wouldn't take no for an answer. So that was my weekend. We arrived after a 6 hour drive to set up a tent in 25mph winds gusting up to 40mph. No food that day. No sleep that night. The next day apart from the breakfast no food. And that night due to loud music being played till after 3am no more sleep as we were up at 7am to drive 6 hours back. I have been contacted by others who feel the same way as me. So I'm not just one "unhappy camper" having a strop. If you go to one of these events in a tent and are regular campers, enjoy a boot camp type of environment involving drinking over swinging then this is probably a great event. If you are a genuine swinger and don't have a motorhome then I would say avoid and attend an event where the organisers are more polite, less pushy and more organised. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"You were disrespectful, putting other campers at risk and future events by having your own fire on site knowing this was not permitted as per the onwers rules . You were asked politely to put out your fire, but you became argumentative and challenging which is unexceptable. The point of the social is to be sociable " I put no campers at risk. I was at no time informed of any site rules. I did take the time to confirm with a person who seemed to be an organiser who said it was fine. Did speak to to another organiser on a separate occasion who said I should not make a fire near tents and so deliberately separate from the tents and close to the road where I might point out you had raging uncovered log pit fire. You did NOT approach me politely. I did try to explain that I thought I had obtained permission. You just called me a liar. You also accused me of being d*unk. One of us was dr*nk but unless you can get that way on caffeine free soft drinks it wasn't me. I did everything you asked me to do and yet on your power trip still decided to kick me off site at 10pm at night with the fire quenched. You also stole my fire poker. The shoving was completely uncalled for and technically is assault. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"You were disrespectful, putting other campers at risk and future events by having your own fire on site knowing this was not permitted as per the onwers rules . You were asked politely to put out your fire, but you became argumentative and challenging which is unexceptable. The point of the social is to be sociable " If you can recall your argument at the time you told me that no fires were allowed on site and that if any fire had been reported the entire site would have been closed down. You were at no stage polite. You were livid. Please understand that my journey started from Oxfordshire which is a 6 hour drive from Settle having picked up my partner in Leicester. We were not provided an opportunity to eat after battling to set up a tent in a gale. On Saturday the "one hour walk" for some of us took just short of 4 hours, again with no food. What you described later as a "raging fire" was not built for warmth but a small cooking fire to cook our food involving briquettes and enough kindling wood to get them lit. As it was we went from Friday morning through to Sunday afternoon with only one breakfast in that time. I am posting this because I have now included on my profile the fire that the organisers build which at times had flames over 4ft high. This fire was also burning on the Friday night with 20mph winds gusting up to 40mph. I'm sure you can see the hypocrisy. Also I am given to understand that you are not one of the organisers. When I did in fact speak to the organisers I was told that I was not in fact kicked off site and that you were the one who was intoxicated. More hypocrisy. In relation to this thread I have been sent a private message by the organisers and told to shut up. Sorry your time for treating grown adults like children has passed. I have also been contacted by two other couples. One who had enough on Friday already and one who left on Saturday. I do stand corrected on who the organisers actually are. We were never introduced. It seems I had mistakenly deduced that people giving orders were organisers. | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted I missed it £400 for a recovery home hope I can make the next one x " From what I've heard,and not just from '1 unhappy camper' that 400 quid was well spent 🤣 | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted I missed it £400 for a recovery home hope I can make the next one x " We broke down on our way home, hooray for RAC even though we did have to wait 4 hours for them to turn up | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted I missed it £400 for a recovery home hope I can make the next one x We broke down on our way home, hooray for RAC even though we did have to wait 4 hours for them to turn up Bad weekend for cars and camping 🙈 Good old RAC though | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted I missed it £400 for a recovery home hope I can make the next one x We broke down on our way home, hooray for RAC even though we did have to wait 4 hours for them to turn up We had a lovely drama free weekend on our social campout in our motorhome.. Just the ticket | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted I missed it £400 for a recovery home hope I can make the next one x We broke down on our way home, hooray for RAC even though we did have to wait 4 hours for them to turn up campervan not a car so the 4 hours was ok as we had all the provisions needed while we waited | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
"Gutted I missed it £400 for a recovery home hope I can make the next one x We broke down on our way home, hooray for RAC even though we did have to wait 4 hours for them to turn up To be fair 4hrs for RAC is quick... We had to wait over 7 on three separate occassions... Needless to say we use a different service provider now | |||
(closed, thread got too big) | |||
| Reply privately |
| back to top |