Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Camping

Did anyone make their own camper-van

Jump to newest

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Next year I’m going to the UK and buying a van, converting into a campervan for Photography trips around UK & Europe coasts.

Main things in the conversion are the sleep area and laptop working / sitting area, Sockets for laptop / charging as well as a small fridge, hob and gas bottle fitting, Clear panel for the ceiling so I can watch the stars while sleeping. For the fridge / laptop I don’t know what is best to go for a leisure battery, or a small solar panel & battery cell.

Has anyone here done this kind of project before?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ardeightMan
3 weeks ago

skipton

I did my own conversion on a transit custom. There are loads of videos on youtube. Combe valley campers have lots of tutorial videos on there.

By *heepdog100Man
3 weeks ago

Seaton Delaval

I've a mk7 transit, just make it best for your needs, mine 100% better since I've fully isolated it walls and ceilings xxx

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yeah I’ve watched loads of videos that make it look very easy

I’ve seen people going to great lengths to professionally join plywood to male a single piece floor is this important ?

I want to use DC only, no inverter, I can run &charge a laptop that has USB-C and use a skylink broadband without DC ?

I want a small solar panel , a leisure and Jain battery how do I get it auto use the best source of power of those 3

What’s the best way to seal the ceiling skylights I’d the roof has ridges?

Would you fill the walls with expandable foam

Or leave cavity for moisture to drain ?

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've a mk7 transit, just make it best for your needs, mine 100% better since I've fully isolated it walls and ceilings xxx

"

What did you use ? Do you get moisture appearing anywhere

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
3 weeks ago

Norwich

"Yeah I’ve watched loads of videos that make it look very easy

I’ve seen people going to great lengths to professionally join plywood to male a single piece floor is this important ?

I want to use DC only, no inverter, I can run &charge a laptop that has USB-C and use a skylink broadband without DC ?

I want a small solar panel , a leisure and Jain battery how do I get it auto use the best source of power of those 3

"

Don’t use expanding foam between panels on a vehicle, it will push the panels apart and distort them. And never put it in a door - an old friend of mine, sadly deceased, warned me about this one. He didn’t decease as a consequence of his foam-filled door, in case your were worried.

By *ensman100Man
3 weeks ago

Hounslow

Converted a citroen relayba few years back.. love it. Happy to chat through a few things!

YouTube is great.

By *enelope2UWoman
2 weeks ago

Fife

"Yeah I’ve watched loads of videos that make it look very easy

Don’t use expanding foam between panels on a vehicle, it will push the panels apart and distort them. And never put it in a door - an old friend of mine, sadly deceased, warned me about this one. He didn’t decease as a consequence of his foam-filled door, in case your were worried."

I had this on my thing to do.. I've watched tons of videos no experience but I've sorted my layout must haves I feel like I've done so much research I just need the money van and support

By *usie pTV/TS
2 weeks ago

taunton

I would be interested if anyone has experience of running the fridge full time on a battery only because I left a cool box running about 8 hours one day and it flattened the battery.

By *exy_fiendsCouple
2 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

We did ours on a master bus. We run our compressor fridge on 12v all the time. Have solar panel on the roof and 2 lesiure batteries. Fixed bed in back with lots of storage under it. USB sockets and led lighting. It works for us....

Post new Message to Thread