Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Camping

Wild camping

Jump to newest

By *udladd33 OP   Man
10 weeks ago

local

Soo many into there wild camping? Brain wave thats ran away with me today and the thought of a good group of naughty folk surrounding a nice camp fire with drinks flowing wonder how fun the night could turn out to be ha.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *apiomanMan
10 weeks ago

Shipley

I like wild camping but part of the appeal is being on my own or maybe with one other person.

As for a campsite for Fabbers, that sounds perfect!

By *udladd33 OP   Man
10 weeks ago

local

Me my mate the same fella got afew nice places were you feel free ect .. brains just ran away today ha

By *ackdaw52Man
10 weeks ago

Chesterfield

Love wild camping.

But I'm not yomping in all the stuff you need for a swingers weekend.

Litres and litres of Bacardi, vape chargers and Joop.

By *ornycougaWoman
10 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

For me, wild camping is about solitude and getting back to nature. If I go with a group then I want a nice well appointed campsite with everything to hand for a fun time.

By *eyond PurityCouple
10 weeks ago

Laceby

If I’m wild camping I’m connecting with nature and getting away from the crowd. I love the solitude and so going with more than one other wouldn’t be my thing at all, for wild camping anyway.

K

By *lue RascalMan
10 weeks ago

Warrington

I did the Coast to Coast walk 2 years ago on my lonesome and loved every second of it. Met lots of interesting people along the way but it was the periods where I was just on my own taking in the views or finding the perfect spot to pitch my tent that I enjoyed the most.

By *ellhungvweMan
10 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I_love_ my wild camping but I don’t like it when others are around - not sure that wild camping and fabs is the right combo….

By *udladd33 OP   Man
10 weeks ago

local

Totaly gwt were your coming from its get away from life feeling.. im thinkin more of a get togeather with a fire drinks but with that feeling of no surroundings if you get me ha

By *xfordjohnMan
10 weeks ago

Oxford

Love wild camping. I wouldn't mind being in a small group of like minded people so long as they were respectful of the 'wild' bit.

By *hriscooperMan
10 weeks ago

Warrington

I love it! In fact I'm going up to Glencoe for 4 nights on Sunday wild camping and Munro bashing..

I've often thought it would be good to bump into a like minded later for some laughter, skinny dipping and moonlit fun.

By *ildo_swagginsthe3rdWoman
10 weeks ago

Wales

What's the difference between camping and wild camping?

Is it remoteness, how often you get to wash properly, or use a toilet?

By *hriscooperMan
10 weeks ago

Warrington

"What's the difference between camping and wild camping?

Is it remoteness, how often you get to wash properly, or use a toilet?"

Wild camping is camping away from everything and anyone. Tranquility amongst the mountains, forests, streams and nature. Nothing but you, your tent and your thoughts to recalibrate your mind to what's important in life and what you take for granted. Such as loved ones, hot water, a bed, carpet, heating etc. All the stuff you literally just use without knowing.

When I go I do anything from 2 nights to a 2 weeks 200 mile hikes carrying everything and as hard as it is, it's absolutely priceless in sooo many ways.

By *lue RascalMan
10 weeks ago

Warrington

Is it remoteness, how often you get to wash properly, or use a toilet?"

If you didn’t wipe your ass with a nettle it doesn’t count as wild.

It’s basically anything outside of a campsite. I think it’s technically illegal in England and Wales but people don’t seem to care if you don’t leave a footprint behind.

By *hriscooperMan
10 weeks ago

Warrington

Is it remoteness, how often you get to wash properly, or use a toilet?

If you didn’t wipe your ass with a nettle it doesn’t count as wild.

It’s basically anything outside of a campsite. I think it’s technically illegal in England and Wales but people don’t seem to care if you don’t leave a footprint behind. "

That's right... As the old saying goes...

Leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but memories.

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
10 weeks ago

My boudoir - S Wales

I’m on the same page with wild camping. Needs to be peaceful.

But I’m well up for a “this one time at fab camp”

By *hriscooperMan
10 weeks ago

Warrington

As much as it sounds fun, I think it would be better with just 3 or 4 people max.

By *ddie1966Man
10 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

Spring and autumn I take a solo tent, summer I take a gortex bivvy bag or a hennasy hammock and tarp.

When wild camping you realise there is no such thing as silence and you're never really alone.

It's a beautiful thing and a great reset.

I love it

By *aimeDWoman
10 weeks ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

I was in Dartmoor a couple of weeks ago for a night on Yes Tor , hoping to return again when the weather gets a bit nicer

By *arminsideMan
10 weeks ago

Barnsley

Yes a still night with clear sky's by a lake.

By *udladd33 OP   Man
10 weeks ago

local

Lets see how this thread goes and maybe we could arrange sone in the next few months .. theres a nice location ive got in mind nice lake for a dip plenty space to park all near each other plenty wood for a nice fire it could turn out to be a great day/night even those with campers could join the fun ha ..

By *ecadent_DevonMan
10 weeks ago

Okehampton

I remember a time when wild camping was just camping and wild swimming was just swimming.

((Sits back in his porch rocking chair, lights his pipe and has a “wild” smoke))

By *aimeDWoman
10 weeks ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"I remember a time when wild camping was just camping and wild swimming was just swimming.

((Sits back in his porch rocking chair, lights his pipe and has a “wild” smoke)) "

In that case you’d hate to see what “glamping” looks like

By *rHotNottsMan
10 weeks ago

Dubai

My wild camp is on maximum 3-4 people I know well, They kind of a bit like peer coaching weekends. So it’s a no from me but I would be up for a fab group camp at festival or y3p walk or something

By *ecadent_DevonMan
10 weeks ago

Okehampton

"I remember a time when wild camping was just camping and wild swimming was just swimming.

((Sits back in his porch rocking chair, lights his pipe and has a “wild” smoke))

In that case you’d hate to see what “glamping” looks like "

Oh we have those round here, yurts and all manner of things. I just don’t understand the need to put “wild” in front of everything (unless you are painting yourself blue, and only conversing through the medium of acorns, that would be “wild”!)

By *VineMan
10 weeks ago

The right place

I had a fab meet wild camping on top of a mountain in the Lake District once. It was fabulous!

By *uffnmuffCouple
10 weeks ago

London

"Soo many into there wild camping? Brain wave thats ran away with me today and the thought of a good group of naughty folk surrounding a nice camp fire with drinks flowing wonder how fun the night could turn out to be ha."
for us wild camping is about getting away from everything and everyone. X

By *udladd33 OP   Man
10 weeks ago

local

[Removed by poster at 14/03/24 20:51:45]

By *udladd33 OP   Man
10 weeks ago

local

Shall we take the wild from it and call it a fabcamp social basicly a get togeather out in the wild ha

By *ARKblondeCouple
9 weeks ago

london

"For me, wild camping is about solitude and getting back to nature. If I go with a group then I want a nice well appointed campsite with everything to hand for a fun time. "

Lol, you do not look like the wild camping type (or pretty much everyone on this thread) . Way too much "nails and nice lingerie" going on. I guess there's always more than one side to people...

By *assy69Man
9 weeks ago

West Sussex and Powys

"Soo many into there wild camping? Brain wave thats ran away with me today and the thought of a good group of naughty folk surrounding a nice camp fire with drinks flowing wonder how fun the night could turn out to be ha."

Love wild camping/bushcraft but the appeal of it all is being on my own and just having a bit of a reset/recharge

By *exymilf_69Woman
9 weeks ago

yorkshire

If this happens, I would be interested

By *ornycougaWoman
9 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"For me, wild camping is about solitude and getting back to nature. If I go with a group then I want a nice well appointed campsite with everything to hand for a fun time.

Lol, you do not look like the wild camping type (or pretty much everyone on this thread) . Way too much "nails and nice lingerie" going on. I guess there's always more than one side to people... "

Hit the nail on the head! I am equally happy curled up on my own in a tiny tent in the Lake District whilst a storm rages as I am lazing by the pool in a 5* hotel with a cocktail in my hand! Variety is the spice of life in all things

By *ARKblondeCouple
9 weeks ago

london

"For me, wild camping is about solitude and getting back to nature. If I go with a group then I want a nice well appointed campsite with everything to hand for a fun time.

Lol, you do not look like the wild camping type (or pretty much everyone on this thread) . Way too much "nails and nice lingerie" going on. I guess there's always more than one side to people...

Hit the nail on the head! I am equally happy curled up on my own in a tiny tent in the Lake District whilst a storm rages as I am lazing by the pool in a 5* hotel with a cocktail in my hand! Variety is the spice of life in all things "

Our kind of lady. At Christmas, we actually went directly from a Peak District blizzard to crashing a wedding at a country mansion hotel The contrast was awesome...luckily suitable outfits were also packed in the car (along with a toybag )

By *ornycougaWoman
9 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Hit the nail on the head! I am equally happy curled up on my own in a tiny tent in the Lake District whilst a storm rages as I am lazing by the pool in a 5* hotel with a cocktail in my hand! Variety is the spice of life in all things

Our kind of lady. At Christmas, we actually went directly from a Peak District blizzard to crashing a wedding at a country mansion hotel The contrast was awesome...luckily suitable outfits were also packed in the car (along with a toybag ) "

Sounds like you had the best of both worlds. Amazing profile btw

By *ARKblondeCouple
9 weeks ago

london

Our kind of lady. At Christmas, we actually went directly from a Peak District blizzard to crashing a wedding at a country mansion hotel The contrast was awesome...luckily suitable outfits were also packed in the car (along with a toybag )

Sounds like you had the best of both worlds. Amazing profile btw"

We certainly did . And aww, thank you loving your pics too

By *hriscooperMan
9 weeks ago

Warrington

Seems like we're getting together a little band of willing participants...

Be nice to make it a good hike to get where we'd eventually camp. Just to limit the amount of other people etc.

I'm definitely going up for this, I might even bring a spare sleeping mat to throw in my tent.

By *he_turtle_movesMan
9 weeks ago

basingstoke

Very up for this plan

As others have said wild camping is a get away but a bit of a hike and then a remote group camp would be excellent

By *VineMan
9 weeks ago

The right place

If definitely be up for a wild camp meet up. But not with a large group. That would defeat the object.

By *hriscooperMan
9 weeks ago

Warrington

"If definitely be up for a wild camp meet up. But not with a large group. That would defeat the object. "

I agree, maybe 2 or 3 of each sex.

By *amboozledByPaperClipsMan
8 weeks ago

Hull

Why does wild camping have to be in solitude or limited to small numbers ?!

The number of people has no bearing on wild camping at all.

Have had many wild camps where theres been 10+ of us, got one coming up in a couple of weeks.

8 weeks ago

Hull

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy a solo camp too, and totally understand the attraction of it

By *hriscooperMan
8 weeks ago

Warrington

"Dont get me wrong I do enjoy a solo camp too, and totally understand the attraction of it "

Personal choice I think, I just think if there's loads of you going you may as well stay on a site because you just hear bupribg, farting, snoring and zips all night.

I like to go solo or just a with another 2-3 people, as anymore than that takes away any serenity and spoils why you're there in the first place.

8 weeks ago

Hull

Yeah fair enough bud, each to their own.

Cant say I agree though, you dont have to be on top of each, you can spread the camp out a little.

I've always managed to find the peace and tranqulity no matter how many of us have gone.

But to say wild camping should be done solo or very small numbers just doesnt make sense to me.

Numbers just doesnt come into it, its still wild camping regardless of how many

I do enjoy all manner of it, solo, small group, large group etc

By *ordjeffMan
8 weeks ago

around and about ,as travel.

Wild camping for me is on my own and basic and to get away from it all.

A fab camp is brilliant idea but facilities needed

By *hriscooperMan
8 weeks ago

Warrington

"Wild camping for me is on my own and basic and to get away from it all.

A fab camp is brilliant idea but facilities needed "

All that's needed is somewhere to get clean, to dunk the junk.. Haha

7 weeks ago

Hull

I think I might know of a place

By *nothermanMan
7 weeks ago

kettering

Hi all love wild camping and would love to meet up with simular minded

I do spook myself sometimes

I did put a thread on here seeking a camp buddy

Regards

By *offee27Man
2 days ago

Wiltshire

I do love a wild camp and nothing better than being out in nature.

I prefer to go on my own as I don't really have any friends so it's nice to hear to a quite spot with plenty of food and some drinks

Post new Message to Thread