Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Don't think you could go wrong with either to be honest. You have to decide which one you like the look of better suppose. Many years ago I had a CG 125. That was many years ago

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

The CG is has been copied so many times by other manufacturers.

It's not the prettiest bike but like the Cub it's got bomb proof reliability if looked after.

Parts and spares for them are dirt cheap as well as insurance.

And it's a Honda

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"The CG is has been copied so many times by other manufacturers.

It's not the prettiest bike but like the Cub it's got bomb proof reliability if looked after.

Parts and spares for them are dirt cheap as well as insurance.

And it's a Honda "

exactly ! A guy with sense

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would go for the honda all day long

My first bike was a 76 CG would happily scream along at 70 while it barely used any fuel

Started first kick every time

I would quite happily have another early cg

They are fantastic little bikes

By *riumph bonnevilleMan
over a year ago

canterbury

Cg every time!! It’s a Honda, forgives big mistakes, bulletproof , plus the greatest thing of all what ever you ride

Key in

Start

Go

Nuff sed

over a year ago

I bought a low mileage 08 plate CG125 last summer when I took up motorcycling again. I rode it all summer until I took my test in October. It’s a fantastic bike, dead reliable, very very economical, cheap tax and insurance. It’s never failed to start and run me to my destination and it’s a shame to have to sell it but it’s served a purpose I guess.

over a year ago

Ain’t they the same engine ?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/20 22:01:00]

By *asher11Man
over a year ago

market harborough

passed my test on a CB125S back in the days when you road round the block and the instructor jumped out infront of you

By *looboyMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"passed my test on a CB125S back in the days when you road round the block and the instructor jumped out infront of you "

Ah the good old days, the only way to fail was if you mowed the examiner over lol.

over a year ago

Did my bike tests last October. Was harder than doing my HGV class 1 in 1990.

over a year ago

"passed my test on a CB125S back in the days when you road round the block and the instructor jumped out infront of you

Ah the good old days, the only way to fail was if you mowed the examiner over lol."

Too true and many of the riders who passed their test in those days are still riding now. Which just goes to show that you don't need to jump through hoops and push your bike backward, exactly as they say, to be a decent rider. X

over a year ago

over a year ago

"passed my test on a CB125S back in the days when you road round the block and the instructor jumped out infront of you

Ah the good old days, the only way to fail was if you mowed the examiner over lol.

Too true and many of the riders who passed their test in those days are still riding now. Which just goes to show that you don't need to jump through hoops and push your bike backward, exactly as they say, to be a decent rider. X"

I couldn’t agree more. To survive motorcycling is a certain mindset, to assume all road users are idiots who want to kill you. I did my car test in 1987, HGV a little bit later on, being trained to ride a bike and conditioning my mind has made me a much better road user. So much so I am trying to persuade my son ( a newly passed car driver ) to do his bike licence as bike training is so good for safe road use.

By *looboyMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Spot on.

By *asher11Man
over a year ago

market harborough

Ah the good old days, the only way to fail was if you mowed the examiner over lol."

i'd rode round the block 4 times already heavy traffic everytime eventualy he stepped out when i was 50 yards away .i stopped even with drum brakes then had to ride up to him lol

Post new Message to Thread