Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

Insurance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's that time of year again.. Had the inevitable renewal quote... Its always somehow more expensive than last year and then if you are a new customer..

Anyway, I'm with Bennetts at the moment, been the miss Carole Nash before and BikeSure.

Any suggestions of anyone a bit different maybe... The usual. Stuff needed, fully comp, Pillion, no claims etc.. With the usual bike mods..

Cheers Everyone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *attooed gentMan
over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

Give MCE a try or try the bike insurer it's a comparison site like confused but just for bikes

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All depends how many bikes you got. If more than one stick with Bennett’s as they seem to be the cheapest.

If just one Devitt was good when I only had one.

MCE were ok for the first year but they hiked my premium up drastically for no reason.

over a year ago

Another vote for Devitt here

GSX-S1000

over a year ago

Bemoto actually get to speak to humans

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Take a look at Cornmarket, if you are a professional driver you get discount.

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

I’ve always used Swintons as the broker and didn’t really care who the underwriter was - but always seemed to be around the £160 mark fully comp regardless of who offered the policy.

I never buy the add on’s, helmet cover etc.

By *ombikerMan
over a year ago

the right side of the river

Ring around for a few quotes then ring them back, tell them company x quoted you x price ref number 123456xxx and can they beat it. All insurance companies jack up your renewal because they know alot of people just renew without bothering to check with others.

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"I’ve always used Swintons as the broker and didn’t really care who the underwriter was - but always seemed to be around the £160 mark fully comp regardless of who offered the policy.

I never buy the add on’s, helmet cover etc."

Use to use Swinton many years ago till I bought a trial bike for work. Insured it with Swinton didn't like the bike so sold it 2 month later. Swinton wanted more money to cancel insurance than it cost to insure the thing. Never used Swinton since. Cornmarket have given me great service since starting to use them many years ago. Now have all my insurances with them including house and contents.

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

"I’ve always used Swintons as the broker and didn’t really care who the underwriter was - but always seemed to be around the £160 mark fully comp regardless of who offered the policy.

I never buy the add on’s, helmet cover etc.

Use to use Swinton many years ago till I bought a trial bike for work. Insured it with Swinton didn't like the bike so sold it 2 month later. Swinton wanted more money to cancel insurance than it cost to insure the thing. Never used Swinton since. Cornmarket have given me great service since starting to use them many years ago. Now have all my insurances with them including house and contents. "

That’s ridiculous!

By *ave 42Man
over a year ago

pontefract

Devitt been with them for past 2 yrs and price as come down both years

VN900

By *rnydMan
over a year ago

Somerset

Whatever you do avoid Bewiser, they're a nightmare to deal with in my experience!

Post new Message to Thread