Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

Good biking roads in the south

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I (her) have a bit more time on my hands at present to get out on the bike and so I'm looking for some new roads to try. I enjoy the A272, B3400 and roads between Andover and Devizes or towards Newbury but as with all things new experiences are good. Any (road) suggestions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The A4 between Hungerford and Marlborough then onto Devizes is a nice road, sweeping bends. A350 Warminster to shaftesbury is a nice run, Then onto Blandford..

Happy to meet up for a ride sometime.

over a year ago

"The A4 between Hungerford and Marlborough then onto Devizes is a nice road, sweeping bends. A350 Warminster to shaftesbury is a nice run, Then onto Blandford..

Happy to meet up for a ride sometime. "

Yes, we did part of the A350 on Friday coming up from Sammy Millers via Cranborne and stopped off at the cafe Compton Abbas air field. I'll take a look at the A4 route, thanks.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

The Morestead road from Winchester to Corhampton if you dare. Quite short, but you will need to ride it slow for a couple of times, as it can seriously catch you out in places.

over a year ago

"The Morestead road from Winchester to Corhampton if you dare. Quite short, but you will need to ride it slow for a couple of times, as it can seriously catch you out in places. "

I shall take a look with the advice duly noted, thanks x

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

And the the ride down to it via Wherwell is not bad either, just mind road kill alley A272 from the Hill Farm Garage (now classic autobarn) to the 3 maids junction on the A34

By *asher11Man
over a year ago

market harborough

the A359 from Frome to Yeovils nice and twisty do it on a wednesday and you can drop into GEMS for some fun

Post new Message to Thread