Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

West Mids bike battery info...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

G'day, my Thunderace needs a battery. Any local Fabbers know anywhere I might get one without paying the earth?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lutandhubbyCouple
over a year ago

west midlands

i get mine off ebay or there,s BJ bikes, willinhall. xx

over a year ago

I was thinking of BJ's. I'm a bit of a technophobe but I did order one from Halfords. It was a heavy duty one for £72. It came with the terminals the wrong way round so I thought if just get one over the counter.

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Lithium ion batteries are the future. So light. Just got one for my triumph Daytona 675. It was £58

over a year ago

"Lithium ion batteries are the future. So light. Just got one for my triumph Daytona 675. It was £58 "

G'day Mick, yes I picked one up at the bike show and marvelled at it's lightness. That's a real saving in weight. Unfortunately I didn't need it then or I'd have bought one. I didn't know they were that cheap though. Was that an online price or a shop purchase?

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Online price. You have to remember that you can’t use a normal charger on them so have to buy a specific charger. I have an optimate for mine, saying that I had one on my Rd350ypvs for two years and never used the charger

over a year ago

"Online price. You have to remember that you can’t use a normal charger on them so have to buy a specific charger. I have an optimate for mine, saying that I had one on my Rd350ypvs for two years and never used the charger "

Thanks Mick that's some good info there. Awesome ride aye those RD power valves. Did you race that or was it a road bike?

I had an RD 400E for a short time, previous owner had some Stan Stevens

work done to it. Always wanted the 500 but then don't we all lol ...

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Lol. I sold the Rd350ypvs hybrid last week. The 500 is disappointing to be honest. I had a rd400e when I was 17. That lived on the back wheel

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Was just a road bike. I raced a Yamaha tzr250 last year with Yamaha past masters though

over a year ago

Oh Mick you've shattered my illusions lol. I guess both the RD and the Gamma held such mythical status being the GP replicas that they would always be better in imagination than reality. Still I bet hitting the power band took yer breath away lol. Today's kids won't ever know the rush of a tuned 2 stroke howling through a pair of all speeds aye...

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

No a lot won’t

Rd500 was disappointing

Suzuki RGV250 was ok

All my two strokes were set up well and made good power

over a year ago

"No a lot won’t

Rd500 was disappointing

Suzuki RGV250 was ok

All my two strokes were set up well and made good power "

Is this a weird fetish but I really miss the smell of two stroke being used in anger lol.

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Then go watch Yamaha past masters. They race within bemsee. Tzr250 and Rd350ypvs. Plus the blue haze series. They are at brands hatch next weekend and cadwell in April

By *uckcherryCouple
over a year ago

hull

Had a Stan Stevens tuned rg500, bloody thing was an animal when the power band was reached..

Can't justify shelling out around 10-15 k for one now though..

And that smell of two stroke still does it for me, we all used to run our 2 strokes on castrol r30..... Mmmmmm mm that smell...

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

"Had a Stan Stevens tuned rg500, bloody thing was an animal when the power band was reached..

Can't justify shelling out around 10-15 k for one now though..

And that smell of two stroke still does it for me, we all used to run our 2 strokes on castrol r30..... Mmmmmm mm that smell... "

With you being from hull would have thought Terry Becket would have been the tuner of choice. The old Castrol R is now called Castrol a747. Ran my tzr250 race bike on it last year

over a year ago

"Then go watch Yamaha past masters. They race within bemsee. Tzr250 and Rd350ypvs. Plus the blue haze series. They are at brands hatch next weekend and cadwell in April "

Caldwell is closest. Are you racing this season Mick?

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

"Then go watch Yamaha past masters. They race within bemsee. Tzr250 and Rd350ypvs. Plus the blue haze series. They are at brands hatch next weekend and cadwell in April

Caldwell is closest. Are you racing this season Mick?"

Yeah I’m racing but not with Yamaha past masters. I’m racing with no limits. Gone sensible and raving a triumph Daytona 675

By *inge61Couple
over a year ago

n/wales

look at tanya battries online

Post new Message to Thread