Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

TT 2018

Jump to newest

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

We are sailing from Liverpool early hours Thursday morning 31st. Hopefully we'll get to meet some awesome people on the rock

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *vanabeusedTV/TS
over a year ago

somewhere

Bikers page ! Yes ! I’m just getting ready for track day now !

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Sailing Heysham 5th June

Staying in Douglas xx

Safe ride and gliding folks

Give me a toot if you about!!

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Sailing Heysham 5th June

Staying in Douglas xx

Safe ride and gliding folks

Give me a toot if you about!!"

We are camping in Douglas

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm over 30th to 7th, the Mrs a couple of days less (she flies neither us wants her on the back all the way up the motorway)

We're staying with a mate in Onchan

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"I'm over 30th to 7th, the Mrs a couple of days less (she flies neither us wants her on the back all the way up the motorway)

We're staying with a mate in Onchan"

this is great place to keep in touch and maybe a little social somewhere when we are out on the rock. I here the Queens far end of Douglas just down from Onchan have good bands playing all week.

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Queens is Fantastic full of life and Mischief

Can’t wait to get there feels like Christmas for bike kids!!

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Queens is Fantastic full of life and Mischief

Can’t wait to get there feels like Christmas for bike kids!!"

We normally can't sleep the night before we go, like waiting for santa. This year however we are travelling through the night and arrive in Douglas at 5.30am. So no sleep needed. Result. Might be going to Townhouse on the Wednesday night before heading to ferry for midnight.

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Wowsa you are definitely full of fun!!

Really hope to meet up !!

By *nticing DuoCouple
over a year ago

manchester

Only 5 more sleeps and we will be on the mountain xx

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 21/05/18 13:04:18]

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Only 5 more sleeps and we will be on the mountain xx "

What dates did you get? I've just got booked for 2019 four hours it took, what a marathon

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Oh bollocks why didn't they have this page last year.

Enjoy TT2018 all

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

7 more sleeps and we'll be on our way to the rock

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

"7 more sleeps and we'll be on our way to the rock "

Why not post a FAB Advent Calender

You could strip off an item of clothing

Or add one on

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"7 more sleeps and we'll be on our way to the rock

Or add one on "

Calender wouldn't have many days. Mrs F doesn't wear much on the coldest of days. Only time she has much on is when she's riding her bike

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Or add one on

Calender wouldn't have many days. Mrs F doesn't wear much on the coldest of days. Only time she has much on is when she's riding her bike "

Ha haa great answer

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

Or add one on

Calender wouldn't have many days. Mrs F doesn't wear much on the coldest of days. Only time she has much on is when she's riding her bike

Ha haa great answer"

We'll be putting pics up while we are out there. Last time we camped we put a few on Mrs F topless sunbathing and a guy walked past our tent saying nice pictures guys, obviously he was fabbing our pics

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Or add one on

Ha haa great answer

We'll be putting pics up while we are out there. Last time we camped we put a few on Mrs F topless sunbathing and a guy walked past our tent saying nice pictures guys, obviously he was fabbing our pics "

If i see you i’ll say .... get off the forum and watch some bikes!!

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

Or add one on

Ha haa great answer

We'll be putting pics up while we are out there. Last time we camped we put a few on Mrs F topless sunbathing and a guy walked past our tent saying nice pictures guys, obviously he was fabbing our pics

If i see you i’ll say .... get off the forum and watch some bikes!!"

Bikes? What bikes? We'll be in the pub

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Wont we all, im so excited

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Wont we all, im so excited

"

Yes EXCITED.com. Only the weekends adventures to go then we'll be packing the bike ready for the OFF......

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

3 more sleeps till ferry time

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Seems I'm a boat before you, I'm on the afternoon from Liverpool Wednesday

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Seems I'm a boat before you, I'm on the afternoon from Liverpool Wednesday"

We'll arrive at Douglas 5.30am then straight for breakfast

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm planning on a couple of early starts Thursday and Friday, get some laps in when it's a bit quieter

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"I'm planning on a couple of early starts Thursday and Friday, get some laps in when it's a bit quieter"

You will probably pass us on our way back from the pub lol

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

For all you heading to the Island. Have a safe journey. The sun is cracking the paving stones, the beer tents are open and buzzing and practice had started. Ride safely and enjoy the Island at it’s best

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

"For all you heading to the Island. Have a safe journey. The sun is cracking the paving stones, the beer tents are open and buzzing and practice had started. Ride safely and enjoy the Island at it’s best "

Cheers Fella you’re a gud’n

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

"We are sailing from Liverpool early hours Thursday morning 31st. Hopefully we'll get to meet some awesome people on the rock "
Btw it’s not a rock! It’s a island ‘ Last went in 1993. I envy you have fun be safe. Need to take my boys over there.

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"We are sailing from Liverpool early hours Thursday morning 31st. Hopefully we'll get to meet some awesome people on the rock Btw it’s not a rock! It’s a island ‘ Last went in 1993. I envy you have fun be safe. Need to take my boys over there."

No it's THE rock. More significant than alcatraz and more people trying to escape. The island is great during TT, but kinda sucks the rest of the year.

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

One more sleep as we won't be sleeping Wednesday night we'll be catching the ferry and sailing captain pug wash style

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

You best have your last bath for a week then!!

On a scale of 1 to 10

Im Barry Sheene

Week to go for me

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"You best have your last bath for a week then!!

On a scale of 1 to 10

Im Barry Sheene

Week to go for me"

Good facilities where we are staying showers and a bar.

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Just been and bought waterproof onesie! Looking like I might get caught in the rain on the ride up

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Just been and bought waterproof onesie! Looking like I might get caught in the rain on the ride up"

Its grim down south

By *horny coupleCouple
over a year ago

Isle of man

Definitely an Island! and without doubt genuine Manxies aren't trying to escape, there's actually more who wish to live here each year than there is wishing to leave, that I assure you.

Slagging off where we live by saying it "sucks" outside of TT may not be your best quote if looking for fun whilst your here and us locals read it

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Definitely an Island! and without doubt genuine Manxies aren't trying to escape, there's actually more who wish to live here each year than there is wishing to leave, that I assure you.

Slagging off where we live by saying it "sucks" outside of TT may not be your best quote if looking for fun whilst your here and us locals read it "

We have quite a few friends who moved over to the island and they love the place all year round, even won't move back to the mainland due to the pace of life out there. We'd move over now if we could

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

"Definitely an Island! and without doubt genuine Manxies aren't trying to escape, there's actually more who wish to live here each year than there is wishing to leave, that I assure you.

Slagging off where we live by saying it "sucks" outside of TT may not be your best quote if looking for fun whilst your here and us locals read it "

Agreed, I wonder how amazing Woking is in January

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 30/05/18 08:13:27]

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

It's like Xmas eve. We are jumping on the bike after tea to ride to Liverpool, catching the ferry in the early hours. Excited is an understatement

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Lived on the island for 25 years, so I think I'm entitled to my opinion. Also not looking to play. TT is bikes are beer time.

By *horny coupleCouple
over a year ago

Isle of man

Then you should know better or you clearly don't know when you have a better quality and safer way of life! The mainlands high rate of unemployment, stabbings/murders/prostitutes/sex crimes, homeless an beggers in the cities and with filthy streets, high tax rates, car/bike thefts and more importantly driving or riding something that goes in excess of 140mph and you can only legally do 70mph every day, as you know, NONE of the above applies to the IOM. Manxies after a week in the city areas watching their backs, their belongings, their children being accosted for 1 thing or another, simply can't wait to get back on that plane.In short you think mainland is better than what our Island provides and protects, then you stay right where you are and we all won't slag your mainland off or your town and we'll continue to welcome the many decent folk who want to come to us and live on our Island

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

"Then you should know better or you clearly don't know when you have a better quality and safer way of life! The mainlands high rate of unemployment, stabbings/murders/prostitutes/sex crimes, homeless an beggers in the cities and with filthy streets, high tax rates, car/bike thefts and more importantly driving or riding something that goes in excess of 140mph and you can only legally do 70mph every day, as you know, NONE of the above applies to the IOM. Manxies after a week in the city areas watching their backs, their belongings, their children being accosted for 1 thing or another, simply can't wait to get back on that plane.In short you think mainland is better than what our Island provides and protects, then you stay right where you are and we all won't slag your mainland off or your town and we'll continue to welcome the many decent folk who want to come to us and live on our Island "

Well I love the place, the passion people show, the locals are always lovely if you see a weirdo, they are usually tourists.

Its a beautiful place cant wait to dock there.

So time to relax folks and let riders entertain us

Anyone fancy meeting let me know

We could have our own section on course

“Fabulous Corner”

Or???

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Then you should know better or you clearly don't know when you have a better quality and safer way of life! The mainlands high rate of unemployment, stabbings/murders/prostitutes/sex crimes, homeless an beggers in the cities and with filthy streets, high tax rates, car/bike thefts and more importantly driving or riding something that goes in excess of 140mph and you can only legally do 70mph every day, as you know, NONE of the above applies to the IOM. Manxies after a week in the city areas watching their backs, their belongings, their children being accosted for 1 thing or another, simply can't wait to get back on that plane.In short you think mainland is better than what our Island provides and protects, then you stay right where you are and we all won't slag your mainland off or your town and we'll continue to welcome the many decent folk who want to come to us and live on our Island

Well I love the place, the passion people show, the locals are always lovely if you see a weirdo, they are usually tourists.

Its a beautiful place cant wait to dock there.

So time to relax folks and let riders entertain us

Anyone fancy meeting let me know

We could have our own section on course

“Fabulous Corner”

Or???

"

OK let's step this back a bit. The UK really isn't as bad as you say, seems a bit scary when you're used to IoM, but not actually as bad as the scare stories you have there.

I agree there are lots of good points to the island, but it's hardly a golden paradise either. Personally found it too small and oppressive. Not enough excitement (gigs events etc) and the weather is depressing (when it's nice it amazing, but seriously wet and grey far too often)

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

"Then you should know better or you clearly don't know when you have a better quality and safer way of life! The mainlands high rate of unemployment, stabbings/murders/prostitutes/sex crimes, homeless an beggers in the cities and with filthy streets, high tax rates, car/bike thefts and more importantly driving or riding something that goes in excess of 140mph and you can only legally do 70mph every day, as you know, NONE of the above applies to the IOM. Manxies after a week in the city areas watching their backs, their belongings, their children being accosted for 1 thing or another, simply can't wait to get back on that plane.In short you think mainland is better than what our Island provides and protects, then you stay right where you are and we all won't slag your mainland off or your town and we'll continue to welcome the many decent folk who want to come to us and live on our Island "

I couldn’t agree more except perhaps the use of the word “mainland”. As a self governing Island and not part of the UK, the Isle of Man could be described as the “mainland” with the UK as the adjacent Isle.

Anyway, for those visiting, enjoy the Island, ride safely and return home with a wish to come again.

By *horny coupleCouple
over a year ago

Isle of man

How about stepping back even further, any place that you visit and welcomes you with open arms, don't slate it on the Internet by saying it sucks!!! We'd rather you stayed away all together otherwise.

By *ristol_MTB_cplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"How about stepping back even further, any place that you visit and welcomes you with open arms, don't slate it on the Internet by saying it sucks!!! We'd rather you stayed away all together otherwise."

The island is still the place I've lived longest, and lots of family ties. Shit, I was the 5th generation of my family to attend St John's primary school!

Think you might have taken a bit too much offence over the word sucks. Was on off the cuff comment, in the way brothers take the piss, but still love each other.

The Isle of Man, like everywhere, has good and bad points, for you, the good outweighs the bad, for me, the balance shifted the other way, I needed things the island couldn't offer, and I decided to try living elsewhere.

And a small PS, respect for swinging on the Island, I wouldn't dare, bit too small a community.

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

ANYWAY

Now we’re all Friends what about our sextion of the course

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

"ANYWAY

Now we’re all Friends what about our sextion of the course"

Once saw a T shirt that said “I got blown off at Windy Corner”

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Ha haaa love that

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"ANYWAY

Now we’re all Friends what about our sextion of the course

Once saw a T shirt that said “I got blown off at Windy Corner” "

Brilliant. Gonna ask Mrs F if she'll make me eligible for the T-shirt

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

Just been told the theiving bastards are at it in Liverpool. Folk leaving their bikes unattended and they have been nicked. So watch out when going for that ferry. Don't leave the bike unattended

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

On a Sunday a visitor lost their life on the mountain road and tonight the Island lost one of its future superstars in race practice. You folks ride safely and return home to your loved ones. We want to see you all again next year.

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"On a Sunday a visitor lost their life on the mountain road and tonight the Island lost one of its future superstars in race practice. You folks ride safely and return home to your loved ones. We want to see you all again next year. "

Sad news about Dan. Such a young talent. We have just got on the ferry in Liverpool, arrive at 5.30am

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Absolutely gutted about Dan!

The bravery is a big part of why we live the sport but Christ it hurts when we lose one

Safe home all

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

[Removed by poster at 31/05/18 06:46:58]

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 31/05/18 17:07:51]

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

we arrived on the island at 5am this morning. Sleep caught up, now to get ready and head into town. Let the mayhem begin

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Come in a F B updates please!!!

By *pandhardMan
over a year ago

preston

Here now and horny

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

Well we have eventually posted a picture from our campsite. Mkcky D winning the first race. Shame Dean Harris broke down and gifted Mr Dunlop.

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Well it was a great 3 laps!!

Dean is flying !!

Hope you’re having fun

Great to See John on the Norton too

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Ha haaa great pics

“swing ball” Genius!!

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

"Well we have eventually posted a picture from our campsite. Mkcky D winning the first race. Shame Dean Harris broke down and gifted Mr Dunlop. "

Great pics. Reminds me of Carry on Camping, though Barabara Windsor has nothing on you lol

By *nceinawhileCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Bugger, really shouldn't read this thread whilst halfway through watching it on the telly and not knowing the result.

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"Bugger, really shouldn't read this thread whilst halfway through watching it on the telly and not knowing the result. "

Oops sorry. Think how we feel we have to watch it all when we get home knowing all the results. Let's hope the beer makes us forget

over a year ago

Just about to catch a flight to the TT. Not taking the bike this year..... suppose will just have to drink a little more

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Well dont have too much just in case you get lucky

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

[Removed by poster at 04/06/18 06:21:45]

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

The weather here has been glorious. Today is going to be the same. Beer, bikes and great people. What a place to be

over a year ago

"The weather here has been glorious. Today is going to be the same. Beer, bikes and great people. What a place to be"

over a year ago

Every day is glorious when the bikes are racing

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Where are we watching today folks?

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

Campsite today

By *angroo02Man
over a year ago

stockton on tees

Hi all going over as walk on passenger on Thursday 7th later to arrive for the main tt race

Really looking forward to it

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

We’re Near sign post bridge

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

One more day of racing left. Mrs F has well n truly got an all over tan bathing topless in the campsite all week. We are here till Sunday night so hopefully get out on the bike Saturday.

By *annnMan
over a year ago

Isle of Man

Well the TT is over for another year. I trust you all had a fab time on the Island. I will try and arrange for the same weather next year. Ride well and have a safe journey home.

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

One more night for us, ferry on Sunday. Roll on 2019.

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

"One more night for us, ferry on Sunday. Roll on 2019. "

Safe journey home

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"One more night for us, ferry on Sunday. Roll on 2019.

Safe journey home "

We have to survive tonight first. Another night in the pub, oh its so much hard work this enjoyment lark

By *onfirmed guestsCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

another day of sun ?? last night for us head home tomorrow evening...

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

"another day of sun ?? last night for us head home tomorrow evening..."

Tent down soon and ferry for us at 8pm tonight into Heysham. What a week. Beer Bikes,Great people and the best road racing the world has ever seen

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

"another day of sun ?? last night for us head home tomorrow evening...

Tent down soon and ferry for us at 8pm tonight into Heysham. What a week. Beer Bikes,Great people and the best road racing the world has ever seen"

Lap records after lap records,what more can anyone ask for. Wish I'd been there,I've watch it all on tv. Sat in my chair,leaning and shifting about at every bump and turn when the on board footage came on. MAGIC.

By * and B OP   Couple
over a year ago

Durham

Thank you to everyone we met and what a shame the folk we were supposed to meet couldn't be arsed. We had the best time with the best people. Mrs F says she's glad she made so many from fab happy when she was topless sunbathing on the camp site. We are on the ferry now waiting to set sail.

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Safe home, so sorry we never arranged to meet up

Enjoy the crossing it’s gorgeous weather across the sea

By *issperfectionMan
over a year ago

Tamworth

Missing the island role on classic TT