FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Bikers

Chain Maintenance

Jump to newest
 

By *inkyDarkKnight OP   Man
3 days ago

Gala

After falling down a rabbit hole online, I am curious to know what everyone uses to clean/lube their chains?

Personally I'm oldschool and use kerosene/paraffin and gear oil. Designed chain cleaners and oils cost a fortune when you do lots of miles

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *xperienced2025Man
3 days ago

Norfolk

I use that banana stuff. The one with the gorilla on it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *taffsguy2025Man
3 days ago

Lichfield

Car gearbox oil is the best, bit messy but better than the expensive sprays.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *awtybikerMan
3 days ago

Barnoldswick

I’ve started using bulldog BDX after a recommendation from a mechanic friend. It’s oil based unlike a lot of the spray lubes. You can use it as a cleaner and lubricant. But I prefer to clean as much gunk off as possible with a chain cleaner spray first. I buy whatever is on offer when I’m ordering other stuff online

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ngelnfugyCouple
2 days ago

Edinburgh/ Dundee/ Dubai

WD40

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *erticalvibesMan
2 days ago

Gravesend

I now use gearbox oil as well using a toothbrush to apply it every couple of weeks. I got fed up using those horrible sticky sprays.

My main bike is a shaft drive which is another solution! I wish there were more shaft drive bikes to choose from.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *dy-ukTV/TS
2 days ago

Alcester

My Honda CBR600 f4i has an escottoiler

My BMW F750gs has a Tutoro oiler.

Both great for long distance touring and definitely get more miles out of a chain. My Honda I've just changed the chain, it was already on when I bought the bike and I've put 21000 miles on it, before changing it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top